Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,999 members, 7,835,363 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (887375 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Mcowubaba: 2:31pm On Mar 08, 2017
wealth360:
TO GOD BE THY GLORY. If you know that God's testimonies will never seize here and in your house hold please wherever you are help me praise the LORD. God did it this morning. I checked my CIC account and my heart was like gheghegheghegheghegh because I saw "A final decision has been made" check below. Gurus and everyone I could not scroll down for like 10min on till I gathered courage and behold I saw......Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details...... I just jump out of the office and hug the first person I saw and I started praising God. God is Awesome my people.

Lesson learnt is that,
1. first timer please endeavor to read past thread even when its lengthy try to read am as if you are jacking a course of 6 credit load. I did and it pays off now that I could seek for my admission and TRV myself with the help of God and The wonderful Gurus in the house.

2. After that please be sincere and have faith in God. Never think negative about your application.
3. Loads of Prayers and Fasting. as for me I fast every Tuesdays and pray with my wife everyday because it was on a Tuesday I submitted my TRV application.....Lol.

God is faithful.
Am really indebted to God and to the Gurus I met here. thanks @Mcowubaba(Even when you abandoned me in the middle of vetting my SOP. you are great Man.), Austinpee4, Nony1(Get ready to accept me as visitor.), Osemigho and the rest people in the house.
Special thanks go to YEMDOGG for vetting my Sop and I just did what you said and submitted once, I didnt even get back to you. Thanks alot and to My very good friend that introduced me to this thread. he is presently in Nova Scotia. God bless you all.

Expect my submitted documents soon.

University of Saskatchewan
Msc Mechanical Eng.
Resuming Sept 1st Fall Term.

Lol@ abandoned you....
I'm deeply sorry for that, not entirely my fault bro...

This your post has made the remaining part of my day....
I'm so freaking happy for you.. Mehn...
U coming to Saskatchewan wow, I'm gonna pay u nd ur wonderful family a visit (I promise) .

University of Saskatchewan has a great settlement and orientation program for International students, the are well organized....

I will Pm you later, let's talk more about it...

Congratulations Sir... It's not easy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by wealth360: 2:40pm On Mar 08, 2017
Boss20:

Congrat bro,. Will be heading to Usask by September too. I just mailed you, please reply.

Thanks I have responded Bro. Congrats too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 2:40pm On Mar 08, 2017
Nolongthang:
This as been an amazing post all through the years and I have been watching all along.
This year I am planning to study Digital animation at the north Atlantic college at newfoundland.
The tuition is 3300 CAD per semester and I have been working my butt off atleast to be able to pay for a year.
I just signed up for TOEFL test (1st of april).. the school requires atleast 79.
The class starts in September and I am hopeful I can be able to finish the registrations before then.
Anyone that have useful information for me as I go through this process, I'd gladly acknowledge it.
Cheers guys

YouTube videos on TOEFL is your sure bet

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 2:43pm On Mar 08, 2017
wealth360:
TO GOD BE THY GLORY. If you know that God's testimonies will never seize here and in your house hold please wherever you are help me praise the LORD. God did it this morning. I checked my CIC account and my heart was like gheghegheghegheghegh because I saw "A final decision has been made" check below. Gurus and everyone I could not scroll down for like 10min on till I gathered courage and behold I saw......Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details...... I just jump out of the office and hug the first person I saw and I started praising God. God is Awesome my people.

Lesson learnt is that,
1. first timer please endeavor to read past thread even when its lengthy try to read am as if you are jacking a course of 6 credit load. I did and it pays off now that I could seek for my admission and TRV myself with the help of God and The wonderful Gurus in the house.

2. After that please be sincere and have faith in God. Never think negative about your application.
3. Loads of Prayers and Fasting. as for me I fast every Tuesdays and pray with my wife everyday because it was on a Tuesday I submitted my TRV application.....Lol.

God is faithful.
Am really indebted to God and to the Gurus I met here. thanks @MichV, Yemmdogg, folaroyal, TheSoj, Mcowubaba(Even when you abandoned me in the middle of vetting my SOP. you are great Man.), Austinpee4, Nony1(Get ready to accept me as visitor.), Osemigho and the rest people in the house.
Special thanks go to YEMDOGG for vetting my Sop and I just did what you said and submitted once, I didnt even get back to you. Thanks alot and to My very good friend that introduced me to this thread. he is presently in Nova Scotia. God bless you all.

Msc Mechanical Eng.
Wow wow! Congratulation bro. So happy for you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Adekunmi92(f): 2:53pm On Mar 08, 2017
yemdogg:

I cannot over emphasize the extent of the internal joy I feel for you right now. This is just the beginning of your multiple success and achievements. May God in his infinite glory be your guild, shield and rear guard.

It is well....my testimony is on its way!

God bless y'all!
Good afternoon, please check your mail.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by yemdogg: 3:04pm On Mar 08, 2017
Adekunmi92:

Good afternoon, please check your mail.

My sister, i have not forgotten you. Been busy @work. Buried in so many files and cases. I'll get to you shortly. Please be patient.

Unless you want me to glance through your sop without attention to details.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 3:17pm On Mar 08, 2017
wealth360:

Msc Mechanical Eng.
Congrats bro....

This is going to be me 365 days from now smiley smiley
Msc Mechanical Eng.
Resuming Sept 1st Fall Term

Please reply my mail when you can sir cheesy cheesy

wealth360:

I just jump out of the office and hug the first person I saw and I started praising God. God is Awesome my people.
I can totally relate to the above shocked grin grin

Don't go and flex too much ooo

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Judgepelumi(m): 3:19pm On Mar 08, 2017
Hello house. I must commend everybody's effort and contribution towards successful TRVs. Please house, i have a Bsc in Accounting, i have almost 2yrs working experience in an Accounting firm. I recently just got admission for PGD HRM. And i have been having problems coming up with a good sop for TRV application. I thought i could talk about taking over my parents business after the degree but i do not know how to raise points that could sound convincing to the VO. Taking over a business also requires me having a sound accounting background but i am just lost inbetween words for my sop. I am also open to any alternative idea that would enhance a good sop write up @yemdogg, michV, Austinepee and everyone in the house. I need your epp cry cry cry
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Adekunmi92(f): 3:38pm On Mar 08, 2017
yemdogg:

My sister, i have not forgotten you. Been busy @work. Buried in so many files and cases. I'll get to you shortly. Please be patient.

Unless you want me to glance through your sop without attention to details.

Thank you... I will be waiting.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eraytee: 3:41pm On Mar 08, 2017
Judgepelumi:
Hello house. I must commend everybody's effort and contribution towards successful TRVs. Please house, i have a Bsc in Accounting, i have almost 2yrs working experience in an Accounting firm. I recently just got admission for PGD HRM. And i have been having problems coming up with a good sop for TRV application. I thought i could talk about taking over my parents business after the degree but i do not know how to raise points that could sound convincing to the VO. Taking over a business also requires me having a sound accounting background but i am just lost inbetween words for my sop. I am also open to any alternative idea that would enhance a good sop write up @yemdogg, michV, Austinepee and everyone in the house. I need your epp cry cry cry
Thanks

this your HRM according to history of this thread, the acceptance rate is like 15% to the VOs, i will advice u to go and get an admission in accounting and dont risk your app of "Purpose of visit".
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by losas(m): 3:43pm On Mar 08, 2017
please house is there cause for prigarism while writing Sop or Sponsorship letter when u submit
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 3:48pm On Mar 08, 2017
Mattezo:
Hello Bro,

When did you apply and what method? was it paper or online? and how many weeks?

Thanks

Lol.. Congratulate am first na so e go fit calm down begin answer your questions..@Wealth360, troops are waiting for your full profile..Kindly report to base with your report so moral go high!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 3:50pm On Mar 08, 2017
Eraytee:

this your HRM according to history of this thread, the acceptance rate is like 15% to the VOs, i will advice u to go and get an admission in accounting and dont risk your app of "Purpose of visit".
Absolutely and by all means a good advise! Unless you have a direct work experience or undergraduate degree in HRM and apparently, it appears otherwise.
@Eraytee just sealed it. This is will be in your best interest.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by yemdogg: 3:56pm On Mar 08, 2017
Judgepelumi:
Thanks

Accounting and Personnel Management (HRM) have separate functional areas of management with only slender and rather tenuous connections. The concerns of a personnel manager have been seen as related to crucial, but limited, aspects of the behaviour and management of people at work, whilst the accountant's role is the provision of financial information.

However, here's a hint:

Those seeking a career in HR are better prepared if they have solid foundation in business courses, including accounting, to become well-rounded business people. Successful HR professionals in today's competitive global market need to be financially intelligent. Like their counterparts in sales and marketing, they need to understand the language spoken by management: accounting.

Budgeting
HR managers develop and control departmental budgets. An accounting background prepares them to regard budgeted items such as training, recruitment, staffing, incentives and performance evaluation in terms of their cost and financial benefit to the organization. When accompanied by and based upon payback analyses, HR budget requests give senior management the information it needs to decide how to allocate available funds. Exposure to accounting also helps an HR manager appreciate corporate cash flow in the budgeting process. Employee vacation costs, for example, might be charged monthly rather than when actually incurred for quarterly financial reporting.

Proposals
When an HR manager wants to introduce a policy, service or program, he needs approval. Belief that the new activity will solve a problem is not enough; the cost must be justified. To sell his proposal, the HR manager must anticipate senior management’s questions. If he has studied accounting, he will be able to demonstrate the viability of his idea in money terms.

Return on Investment
Management wants to know that its decision to spend money will make money for the organization. An accounting class will teach an HR manager how to perform a break-even analysis and calculate return on investment to demonstrate cost-effectiveness of HR initiatives. The HR manager should be able to write proposals that show management how an investment in HR can increase productivity and improve profitability. Without this ability, HR professionals will be unable to convince management of the merits of their plans, particularly in regard to software and systems projects.

Performance Measurement
Accounting helps an HR manager grow comfortable with crunching numbers and interpreting performance measurements related to inventory, customer satisfaction, sales and quality control. More importantly, the HR manager trained in accounting can look beyond his department to identify troubling trends that might be HR-related. The HR manager can illustrate the need for action by applying accounting principles to paint the solution as a cost-savings exercise that reduces theft.

For referencing please visit the link below :
http://work.chron.com/accounting-make-better-human-resource-manager-2836.html

Now, your problem isn't that you don't have ideas or motivation, you're simply not interested in doing some research on your own. Google is your friend!

I just gave you 4 reasons to pursue HR despite your background in accounting. I got this info within 5 minutes of surfing the Web. Pls do your research bro and develop the hints stated above. Develop yourself!

Notwithstanding the above, I don't think you should go for this program. The success rate for trv approval is almost zero.

Best wishes!

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by yemdogg: 3:57pm On Mar 08, 2017
losas:
please house is there cause for prigarism while writing Sop or Sponsorship letter when u submit

This is rhetorical right ? undecided
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 4:15pm On Mar 08, 2017
Judgepelumi:
Thanks
@bold...abort mission...previous missions had always recorded failure rate...visa approval 0%....Even SOP will hardly salvage this. Reason;inconsistency in career. my final take on this. you may wish to to give the canadian system a test and believe us here as we speak..we ain't enemies of progress but we promote and encourage success.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 4:24pm On Mar 08, 2017
wealth360:

Lesson learnt is that,

Am really indebted to God and to the Gurus I met here. thanks @MichV, Yemmdogg, folaroyal, TheSoj, Mcowubaba(Even when you abandoned me in the middle of vetting my SOP. you are great Man.), Austinpee4, Nony1(Get ready to accept me as visitor.), Osemigho and the rest people in the house.
erm.
Congrats sir. your outcry on this thread from day one on the various stages of your application,from admission to visa approval have ended in praise. Glory be to jah!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 4:31pm On Mar 08, 2017
losas:
Plagiarism. Other people's write-up/work should ONLY guide you. Otherwise, you have to be original.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by esosa4real(m): 4:33pm On Mar 08, 2017
Mcowubaba:

With a First class, he stands a very good chance..
Does he also have some level of work experience?

What type of Masters degree is your brother looking at (Research/Thesis based or Taught/course based).

Most schools have scholarships for applicants with a very academic good background but it's also competitive...

Secondly, a Thesis/Research based Masters has more funding/scholarship opportunities than a taught/course based Masters..

Also note that most schools have not started their admission application for fall 2018, the are still admitting for Fall 2017..

Winter 2018 admission application has commenced in most Universities, but most Universities don't have intake for most professional courses for winter, spring or summer admission.....

Ask him what type of Masters he wants to do, then I can suggest a few things to do and Universities to apply to...

Also ask him the Particular Engineering course he would like to do...

Thanks Bro,
I haven't gotten a reply from him, I will get back to you soon on specific details! I know he graduated with a First class and also an award.

In the mean time what do you advise as regards good potential course based studies and timing of admission application?
N.B - He studied Mechanical engineering and desires Automation engineering for masters but is open to any Mech-eng related course that has Job potentials.

He is doing his NYSC now though and should finish in sept/oct. Apart from this experience, he has a 6month post grad experience in an engineering firm and then same short experience in a related firm for his IT.

The young lad is quite good and age 27, is he ripe for a thesis based course? Any advantages or flexibility with this thesis pathway. I thought it was difficult getting Supervisors?

By the way, it seems winter admission would not be an option for him right? Bearing in mind that getting a form of scholarship will be a major deciding factor.

In the mean time, will he need IELTS? GRE or anything?

Pls any Mech engineering Master student or potential student on this thread? Help a brother! Need good advices and suggestions.

Thanks for your response!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by dareyh: 5:35pm On Mar 08, 2017
@wealth 360, my guy am so happy for you..some ppl helped me get here too so i had to follow suit..meanwhile be prepared mentally as you come here(things could be tough at times),don't forget how UNIBEN made us strong cos you ll really need it here..Masters in Engineering for Canada no be beans o..so you need to hug your books tight..
See you probably by next year..Sask far from Halifax but am sure there are nice ppl out there..Stay blessed bro

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by primeson1(m): 5:39pm On Mar 08, 2017
I have been a silent observer since. I have Bsc accounting (2.1), ACA (ICAN) and ACCA (Affiliate). 3 years plus experience as an Accountant/Auditor/Finance Officer.

I intend going to a college for a 2 years diploma in business administration focusing on accounting or a diploma in international business or business management.

Please gurus, i hope my UG and career line is synonymous with my proposed course of study. If not, what courses can i apply for that will fly with VO.

Any accountant in the house? please help.

I chose the college route because of the relatively affordable tuition, going for masters is out of my league as of today.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 5:53pm On Mar 08, 2017
primeson1:
I have been a silent observer since. I have Bsc accounting (2.1), ACA (ICAN) and ACCA (Affiliate). 3 years plus experience as an Accountant/Auditor/Finance Officer.
I intend going to a college for a 2 years diploma in business administration focusing on accounting or a diploma in international business or business management.
Please gurus, i hope my UG and career line is synonymous with my proposed course of study. If not, what courses can i apply for that will fly with VO.

Any accountant in the house? please help.

I chose the college route because of the relatively affordable tuition, going for masters is out of my league as of today.

Thank you.
business administration is business administration,there is nothing like business administration focusing on accounting. with your 2.1 go and take the pains and get yourself masters admission in accounting or MBA and leave all this business administration or Int'l business administration.your are prone to be questioned on Purpose of Visit
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by wealth360: 6:05pm On Mar 08, 2017
dareyh:
@wealth 360, my guy am so happy for you..some ppl helped me get here too so i had to follow suit..meanwhile be prepared mentally as you come here(things could be tough at times),don't forget how UNIBEN made us strong cos you ll really need it here..Masters in Engineering for Canada no be beans o..so you need to hug your books tight..
See you probably by next year..Sask far from Halifax but am sure there are nice ppl out there..Stay blessed bro

Thanks Baba. You are too much and I will yield to what you just said.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by wealth360: 6:23pm On Mar 08, 2017
Thanks to everyone. My Profile goes like this.
Submitted on January 31st, Paper routeM.Sc. University of Saskatchewan.Medical Mail 24th February Medical Passed 2nd March APPROVED 8th March.....Na God.------------------------------------------
Sponsors documents.(My father in-law )
1.  letter of sponsorship
2.  Affidavit of sponsorship: That am his son in-law
3.  Affidavit of Fact: That all his children are married and no one is dependent on him.....I married his last child...Lol
4.  sponsor International passport(The guy get travel history becos his a business man, china,USA, dubai)
6.  sponsors statement of account 6 months 13million closing balance with good inflow and outflow.
7.  Tax clearance
8.  sponsor's landed documents(his foam factory only I didn't bother to collect all his other houses documents)
9.  My mother in-law National ID.

Applicant's document 
1. All cic forms....IMM 5483E, 1294E and  5645E
2. copy of intl passport data page.... NO TRAVEL HISTORY at all.
3. offer letter of admission (Note this: I submitted the two offer letter I have with me, Am suppose to go for Winter 2017, but due to money I deferred and another one was given to me for Fall 2017)
4. statement of purpose......vetted be YEMDOGG and Darery
5. copy of employment letter
 6. confirmation of employment 
7. letter of introduction from employer
8. personal statement of account.....(Note: Salary and personal savings account of 500k and 1.5million respectively
9. payslips.....6 months
10.copy of birth certificate
11.Copy of marriage cert
12. copy of Wife passport data page
13. copy of wife and child's birth certificates
14. Parents and siblings birth certs.
15. Police character certificate
16. copy of transcript, weac cert, degree cert, nysc cert, CV, pension statement of acct of 300k.
My tax clearance, Employee ID card
2 passport photographs and Barcode page of IMM 1294E
17. Certification on Robotics Engineering
18. Reference letter from my church stating am a Father,youth leader and other things I can't remember.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by primeson1(m): 6:24pm On Mar 08, 2017
thank you, but there are colleges offering business administration focused on accounting though.

Mba is competitive and expensive, same as masters in finance or accounting.

still thinking now.

michV:
business administration is business administration,there is nothing like business administration focusing on accounting. with your 2.1 go and take the pains and get yourself masters admission in accounting or MBA and leave all this business administration or Int'l business administration.your are prone to be questioned on Purpose of Visit
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by primeson1(m): 6:27pm On Mar 08, 2017
wow.....congrats once again.....mine will soon come

wealth360:
Thanks to everyone. My Profile goes like this.
Submitted on January 31st, Paper routeM.Sc. University of Saskatchewan.Medical Mail 24th February Medical Passed 2nd March APPROVED 8th March.....Na God.------------------------------------------
Sponsors documents.(My father in-law )
1.  letter of sponsorship
2.  Affidavit of sponsorship: That am his son in-law
3.  Affidavit of Fact: That all his children are married and no one is dependent on him.....I married his last child...Lol
4.  sponsor International passport(The guy get travel history becos his a business man, china,USA, dubai)
6.  sponsors statement of account 6 months 13million closing balance with good inflow and outflow.
7.  Tax clearance
8.  sponsor's landed documents(his foam factory only I didn't bother to collect all his other houses documents)
9.  My mother in-law National ID.

Applicant's document 
3. offer letter of admission (Note this: I submitted the two offer letter I have with me, Am suppose to go for Winter 2017, but due to money I deferred and another one was given to me for Fall 2017)
5. copy of employment letter
8. personal statement of account.....(Note: Salary and personal savings account of 500k and 1.5million respectively
9. payslips.....6 months
11.Copy of marriage cert
14. Parents and siblings birth certs.
15. Police character certificate
16. copy of transcript, weac cert, degree cert, nysc cert, CV, pension statement of acct of 300k.
My tax clearance, Employee ID card
2 passport photographs and Barcode page of IMM 1294E
17. Certification on Robotics Engineering
18. Reference letter from my church stating am a Father,youth leader and other things I can't remember.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Mcowubaba: 6:28pm On Mar 08, 2017
esosa4real:

Thanks Bro,
I haven't gotten a reply from him, I will get back to you soon on specific details! I know he graduated with a First class and also an award.

In the mean time what do you advise as regards good potential course based studies and timing of admission application?
N.B - He studied Mechanical engineering and desires Automation engineering for masters but is open to any Mech-eng related course that has Job potentials.

He is doing his NYSC now though and should finish in sept/oct. Apart from this experience, he has a 6month post grad experience in an engineering firm and then same short experience in a related firm for his IT.

The young lad is quite good and age 27, is he ripe for a thesis based course? Any advantages or flexibility with this thesis pathway. I thought it was difficult getting Supervisors?

By the way, it seems winter admission would not be an option for him right? Bearing in mind that getting a form of scholarship will be a major deciding factor.

In the mean time, will he need IELTS? GRE or anything?

Pls any Mech engineering Master student or potential student on this thread? Help a brother! Need good advices and suggestions.

Thanks for your response!!
There are many features of this two types of masters degree but let me just summarize it for you..

A Thesis/Research based Masters is mostly for students who will like to pursue an academic career (lecturer, scientist, researcher etc) or students who will like to do a PhD, or other undergo in depth training in Research methodology..
It involves carrying out a Thesis/Research work under the supervision of a professor or principal researcher.
The student may also take some courses (units) in class..
The advantages are : more funding/scholarship opportunities (some universities only provide grants or funding to Research students).
Easier pathway to PhD (some universities only admit/accept Thesis based Masters students for admission to Phd)

It's relatively Cheaper in terms of Tuition

The students will be exposed to more practical work of his Course, will have access to Teams of Researchers, Professors and Scholars in the related field...

Disadvantages are: it's more tasking and time consuming than a Course based masters, more time will be used for research, some Universities will require you to write a 30,000 word Thesis, 30,000 words without Plagiarism or Copyright, it's no Joke..

Secondly, difficulty in getting a Supervisor, I won't talk much on this..
Less social life and flexibility..

Lengthy, it can take 2 years, whereas Course based can be for a year or a year nd half...

Course based masters, is just like normal Nigerian undergraduate learning, go to class, write term paper, write tests, do practical, undergo internship (that's IT, Industrial training), take your exams, write your Project/dissertation and shalom you're a Masters degree holder....

Advantages, less stress, less time, less brain work, more time for flexing nd digging wink, more social life, easier to get admission

Disadvantages include, higher Tuition, limited scholarship opportunities, no much academic career progression route like PhD...

But note, some Courses are better to do at a Research based, while some are better as a taught based.

Mechanical Engineering should be better done as a Research based Masters, anyway not in all circumstances.
Most Canadian universities doesn't require GRE, IELTS, TOEFL etc, for Nigeria graduates, except in specific circumstances or Courses ....

People still get supervisors, many have gotten, when I needed, I also got cool...

Just package a precise nd concise good Supervisor request email and application then send to Supervisors that have Similar research interests, if you are Religious, you can also pray to your God/gods...

Thesis based Masters has nothing much to do with age, it's more of intelligence, determination, dedication, self discipline, life and career ambition..
The next Winter admission application is for January 2018, and as I said Earlier, most Canadian Universities don't have intake for professional courses during January/winter admission, it's mostly FALL..

For example, Most Medical courses don't have admission for winter, spring, summer. The only have for Fall (August/September).....
I hope you understand now. Most likely you won't see Mechanical Engineering for Winter admission..

But there are EXCEPTION oo, few schools admit for Winter

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by gbsunmonu: 6:30pm On Mar 08, 2017
Hi guys,

Quick one please . A friend got a mail from CIC to send his new acceptance letter and go for medical

He has done medical before , so he replied to the mail but he got two automated response

one saying ACCRAIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca
The recipient's mailbox is full and can't accept messages now. Please try resending this message later, or contact the recipient directly.

the other saying: We will review your message shortly. If the information requested is available on our websites or your application is still within standard processing times, we will not provide a response to your message.

Is it something to be worried about ?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by penitential(m): 6:43pm On Mar 08, 2017
Bros please am trying to send you p.m, but it's not going through. Please can you kindly send me a mail to (penit04@gmail.com)? Will be expecting soon. Thanks.
ARCHITECTs:
I have come back to say THANK YOU. I am very grateful to all contributors of this great thread.
I finally picked up my passport on March 1.
Applied via Paper route
Programme - PGC Construction Project Management / Fanshawe College, London, ON
Session - Fall 2017
UG - Architecture

Submitted on - Dec 22, 2016 (Linked online on same day)
Medical passed - Jan 16, 2017 (Upfront E-medical)
Approval mail - Feb 17, 2017
Passport dispatched from Accra - Feb 22, 2017
Passport ready for collection - Feb 28,2017

Here is the list of documents. (Almost all docs are notarized)
- God's favour & grace
- Admission letter
- Fee schedule
- Undergraduate transcripts
- Uni Certificate
- Form IMM 1294E
- Form IMM 5483E
- Form IMM 5832E (LAST 2 PAGES - STUDY PERMIT QUESTIONNAIRE)
- Form IMM 5645E
- CAC doc ( self employed)
- tax receipts and LIRS card
- printed copy of oanda exchange rate for my conversion from NGN - CAD
- Corporate SOA (3M plus) (used it as home tie)
- bank ref letter stating I am the sole signatory to the account (used it as home tie)
- An introduction letter on my letterhead
- Personal bank statement of 3.9m (with 60m inflow) - 42 pages SOA from Jan -Dec
- used my mum and my elder sister as co-sponsor as they are co-directors to my company in CAC doc (also to strengthen my home-tie)
- Copy of UK & US visas
- Copy of all my previous tickets & boarding pass to US, UK, dubai, Kenya, ghana
- I stated i have been to 30 states in nigeria out of 36
- my SOP (4 pages) - many tanx to Folaroyal (I will give strategy to SOP writing later)
- police character certificate
- upfront e-medical
- 2 landed properties ( for my village, both valued less than 1m)
- HSE training certificate
- Project management training certificate
- interior design certificate
- leadership training certificate
- NYSC discharge certificate
- copy of my car particulars
- IELTS Academic (written primary for US)
- NO TUITION WAS PAID

MUM
- mum SOA (4m plus) - a year statement of abt 45m inflow
- High court sworn affidavit of support of 15,000 CAD for my tuition
- A letter of sponsorship from mum why she is willing to pay tuition
- My NPC birth certificate to show relationship
- copy of her passport and all here UK & US visas and immigration stamps
- copy of her business receipts (source of funds evidence)

SIS
- Sis SOA (3m plus) - 8 months statement
- High court sworn affidavit of support of 10,000 CAD for living expenses
- A letter of sponsorship from sis why she is willing to pay tuition
- Her NPC birth certificate to show relationship
- copy of her passport and all here UK visit & study visa, US & Schengen visas and immigration stamps
- copy of contract agreement (sources of funds evidence)

MANY Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by honeyscottage(m): 6:46pm On Mar 08, 2017
wealth360:

Lesson learnt is that,

God is faithful.

Msc Mechanical Eng.

Congratulations.

God will surprise us all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 6:59pm On Mar 08, 2017
wealth360:

Applicant's document 
5.copy of employment letter

9. payslips.....6 months
11.Copy of marriage cert

quick reference of an example of home tie if married is @bold No.11 -13. another for under the category of ''personal assets and finance'' is @bold No.5-8

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 7:14pm On Mar 08, 2017
primeson1:
thank you, but there are colleges offering business administration focused on accounting though.

Mba is competitive and expensive, same as masters in finance or accounting.

still thinking now.

I may agree with you but your profile and qualification will not likely make a VO see all these academic relationships in your proposed program because you qualify for a master degree in accounting or an MBA and not a diploma. Also the branch and focus u have mentioned will not be explicitly written on the admission letter you will be submitting to CIC. Business administration only will be written on it. Unless you have a very cogent reason for going for this program and can substantiate it in progressive evidence which is not likely owing to your academic and current work experience,your best bet will be a master degree or an MBA.

CIC sometimes know applicants settle for alternative programs because of various reasons and one of their jobs is to make sure at the end, the intended program is profitable to the applicant and will significantly improve his/her current and present situation(academic or work)

Their job also is to make sure applicants are genuine students(This is where everything must add up from your end), have sufficient funds for their study and will return home after their study.

In light of all these, your intended program isn't a good choice for you. You may reconsider it and since you have a 2:1, your chances of getting a master is higher. Work on the funds aspect, if it's not possible to raise enough for now, you can leave it till you are able to gather sufficient funds and consider another entry term/year.

It's for your overall interest and you'll be happier you made the decision at the end.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (505)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 11

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 152
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.