Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,432 members, 7,830,175 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (420) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (884311 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by MagnaB: 6:53pm On Jul 07, 2017
onlead:
helo good people, pls can i be guarded on how to pay for visa application as am applying via online route and zenith and accessbank master cards are denying the transaction. am meant to pay 235 CAD. PLS TO ALL THAT APPLIED VIA ONLINE, HOW DID YOU GUYS PAY FOR the visa application pls...
thanks

Use a dollar card to make payment or tell someone you know over there to help you make the payment while u send the money to the person via money gram or western union

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv(m): 6:53pm On Jul 07, 2017
ladyvan88:
Applied May 19, paper route, medicals asked for June 20 and done June 21 with email received June 23 indicating forwarded to visa office, LLM, Dalhousie University
Approval July 7. God has been awesome.

Congratulations....i will love to Pm you.

Can i?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ladyvan88(f): 7:05pm On Jul 07, 2017
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv:

Congratulations....i will love to Pm you.

Can i?

Sure
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by 5454Darese: 7:09pm On Jul 07, 2017
@Ruben456 please what date did u summit and what route?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by chonewillie: 7:09pm On Jul 07, 2017
Congratulations. I'm so happy for you

victory2017:
Applied May 19, paper route, medicals asked for June 20 and done June 21 with email received June 23 indicating forwarded to visa office, LLM, Dalhousie University

Congratulations!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 7:19pm On Jul 07, 2017
MagnaB:

1: Use a dollar card to make payment.

2:tell someone you know over there to help you make the payment while u send the money to the person via money gram or western union

If you can, Do number one.

Forget number two if not direct family or friend.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by samjumbo: 7:19pm On Jul 07, 2017
ladyvan88:

Sure
Hello lady, are you on some sort of funding with dalhoise? Or did you pay your fees? Your profile to the house will be most appreciated if it isn't a burden.

One or two things will be learnt from the smooth process God favoured you with.

Great Congrats!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 7:21pm On Jul 07, 2017
Oluwatomisin121:
ALL Gurus please I could use some help here. Wife got admitted to Brandon and USASK. We couldnt meet up fall for USASK because of sponsorship. Brandon has January start and we are thinking of applying next month. The issue is sponsor does not share surname with wifey or I. Please anyone who has used a third party sponsor successfully should come to our aid.

Sponsor pays school fees and make a direct bank to bank transfer of living expenses fund to you does it. However, sponsors source of income must be accounted for.

You really need to read on it. It's a whole package on it own.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jul 07, 2017
Thanks guys.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by PendD: 7:45pm On Jul 07, 2017
Wise one, You have a huge point here.
ohizzyy7:
i believe CIC knows the final decision of every application immediately they go through the application but will delay in informing you so that you don't travel too early or you don't re-apply within short period of time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by wealth360: 7:53pm On Jul 07, 2017
ohizzyy7:
i believe CIC knows the final decision of every application immediately they go through the application but will delay in informing you so that you don't travel too early or you don't re-apply within short period of time.
I disagree with the bolded above. I applied Jan 31st got approved by March 8th for a program that start in Sept 1st. Check am now, am still here waiting. The different VO has different perception of how they see an application. But I believe they all have a general rules or policy.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jul 07, 2017
Gurus,

A friend told me that I can change my course after getting to Canada.

reason is because the course that is available January 2018 project management and I did not like it, course I like is energy management and is only open for September only and 2017 September admission is late already.

should I go for 2018 January admission for project management and now wait in Canada till 2018 September for energy management, so that I will do change of course, is this possible,?

My friend said I can be working before September and and I will change back to energy management.

Is project management a visa sure, though I have both master and bachelor in mechanical engineering, I will not tell them about my master.

I work in power station maintaining gas turbine

pls advise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jul 07, 2017
[quote author=DereI post=58131616]

To be on the safe side, write to Algonquin College to give you a winter 2018 admission instead to resume by Jan.

Its the feasible thing to do now. Its July 4th already with a 13weeks processing time.

A friend told me that I can change my course after getting to Canada.

reason is because the course that is available January 2018 project management and I did not like it, course I like is energy management and is only open for September only and 2017 September admission is late already.

should I go for 2018 January admission for project management and now wait in Canada till 2018 September for energy management, so that I will do change of course, is this possible,?

My friend said I can be working before September and and I will change back to energy management.

Is project management a visa sure, though I have both master and bachelor in mechanical engineering, I will not tell them about my master.

I work in power station maintaining gas turbine

pls advise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by KayPapi: 8:12pm On Jul 07, 2017
Sorry just seeing this..if you could email through NL if i could still be of help. Have a nice day
beverlyd:

Hi kaypapi,

I'm not sure why I was unable to find your original message on TRV at the time of response.
I have an offer with university of Regina for fall and I'm planning to apply for visa this month.
We seem to have similar situation as this will be my second masters. First was in UK. But I will be sponsored by my brother instead. The masters is related to the present job and a bit similar to the first master done in UK. ( MSc international business with human resource mgt)UK . Intending Masters in canada is master of human resource mgt. Current job is 1 year and 5 months as recruitment and mentoring officer.
I was scared initially because it will be a second master.

Your post however encouraged me.

Please can you send your no to me privately. I will like to discuss how you structured your SOP. I have written one that cuts across future plans, why hrm in canada and in uni of regina and how achieving that would be beneficial to my present organization but further insight would definitely help.

Thank you and hope to hear from you soon.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Yomalicious(f): 8:16pm On Jul 07, 2017
victory2017:

Congratulations!!!

Congrats

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by segunojo866: 8:23pm On Jul 07, 2017
PureRuby:

I thought as much.
I hope to hear from my school pertaining the one year invoice which I already know that they will not generate as they pay per term.
how can i get a scholarship for schools in Canada and I have been denied US visa before any hope for Canada visa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by careerwoman(f): 8:36pm On Jul 07, 2017
Rocorleone:

Abeg if you have the money send to me Abeg. I need it. Thank you
grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by OmalichaUC: 8:41pm On Jul 07, 2017
Goodevening guys. I applied for visa on the 11th of May after I was offered admission for M.A September 2017 Fall at UofManitoba with partial funding. My sis who is my sponsor also resides in Canada.

Unfortunately for me my visa was denied yesterday because V.O claims I don't have travel history and he's not sure I ll return after studies.

House, I want to reapply. Pls I need your ever - reliable advice(s).

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by glam4444: 8:54pm On Jul 07, 2017
OmalichaUC:
Goodevening guys. I applied for visa on the 11th of May after I was offered admission for M.A September 2017 Fall at UofManitoba with partial funding. My sis who is my sponsor also resides in Canada.

Unfortunately for me my visa was denied yesterday because V.O claims I don't have travel history and he's not sure I ll return after studies.

Thanks.
There is no legal requirement for you to have a history of international travel to be admitted into Canada. If the visa officer saw a problem with your lack of travel history, this probably means that the rest of the application was weak. If there's anything you can do to significantly improve some other section of the application (ties to home country such as family, pre-purchased airline tickets, proof of finances, etc), it can help you.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CanadianNurse: 8:59pm On Jul 07, 2017
Osemigho:

Thanks. Met and flight booked.
date abeg
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by DereI(f): 9:03pm On Jul 07, 2017
[quote author=olugere post=58228134][/quote]

I am sorry I can't advice you abt the change of course when you get over there.
But waiting and working before resumption is possible. Lots of friends over there are doing that already.

Gurus in the house..kindly add your input.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by fiendishghoul: 9:07pm On Jul 07, 2017
OmalichaUC:

Thanks.

So sorry, try and defer ur admission to January, then order for ur gcms note here www.gcmsnow.com, tackle the actual reasons for denial before reapplying.
Lack of travel history is usually not a stand alone reason for denial.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eilenora: 9:07pm On Jul 07, 2017
Canadian Nurse mbe u responded to someone else. I ddnt see yours

quote author=CanadianNurse post=58224203]I responded since yesterday na[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CanadianNurse: 9:09pm On Jul 07, 2017
Justwise page 419 already please come and give us part 13 before........ grin grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CanadianNurse: 9:10pm On Jul 07, 2017
@Eilenora just gimme your email... Saw your pm again but my reply no deliver
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mamacajah: 9:20pm On Jul 07, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by glam4444: 9:23pm On Jul 07, 2017
Am happy dey re in may now smiley

Remaining April nd oda former applicants dat ve not heard from dem..pls kip hope alive .
I believe something gud is rushing out dis month
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by forumlove: 9:39pm On Jul 07, 2017
onlead:
helo good people, pls can i be guarded on how to pay for visa application as am applying via online route and zenith and accessbank master cards are denying the transaction. am meant to pay 235 CAD. PLS TO ALL THAT APPLIED VIA ONLINE, HOW DID YOU GUYS PAY FOR the visa application pls...
thanks

try Access bank. it will go one time but their exchange rate is rather high.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by PureRuby: 9:49pm On Jul 07, 2017
segunojo866:
how can i get a scholarship for schools in Canada and I have been denied US visa before any hope for Canada visa

Mine is not funding from school but you can still get full funding in canny despite US denial.
Just browse on schools that fit into your course and read about their funding if there is any.
Some schools give full funding to msc research and hd students.

(1) (2) (3) ... (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.