Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (422) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (881212 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by glam4444: 2:23am On Jul 08, 2017
Finestme1:

Yes I linked it online but there also am not getting any relevant information on there to this

When did u submit ,try checking ur app to know watsup wit ur application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jnyuwa02: 2:24am On Jul 08, 2017
ladyvan88:

I'm Ghanaian and I applied in Ghana

How long did it take you in Ghana from the point you applied and date you got approved for it? What is the duration of studies for the LLB there in Ghana?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Finestme1: 2:57am On Jul 08, 2017
glam4444:

When did u submit ,try checking ur app to know watsup wit ur application
a

I applied on the 18th of April 2017
How do I do dat
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by glam4444: 3:18am On Jul 08, 2017
Finestme1:
a

I applied on the 18th of April 2017
How do I do dat
Create an account wit GC key ..
Link it online.
it will give u more detailed information about ur case...
Itz different from tracking it online wit application number
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Finestme1: 4:14am On Jul 08, 2017
glam4444:

Create an account wit GC key ..
Link it online.
it will give u more detailed information about ur case...
Itz different from tracking it online wit application number

Some one over dere already did that for me
Bro nothing concerning the mail I got when I tracked online is there
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by saucepan: 5:32am On Jul 08, 2017
saucepan:
@ maziude
@ michaelbegium
congratulations on your admission to uottawa. I am looking forward to applying for phd international development, do i need a test of english exam to do so? If yes, is IETLS advisable as the british council which is their exam center is quite close to my office.
Thank you for your response in advance.

pls can anyother prrson answer this question. is it compulsory to take an english test?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nogen: 5:41am On Jul 08, 2017
Good morning All. Please I have somethings bothering me. I have gotten 99% of all my documents ready for an online application come Monday. Please kindly advice accordingly.
1. My school starts end of August, hope i am not applying too late?
2. Aside my teaching career , I also do a networking business by the side and it has made my bank account heavy with inflows, outflows and lump sum deposits due to the nature of the business and the earnings that come with it. Hope this won't pose a challenge to me? Do I state the business in my SOP to explain the sources of the large deposits?

3. I have a sponsor with a closing balance of. 36m Naira and he paid 4.5m to my account to support my school fees and living expenses with a promise of paying more money into my account. I hope we are on track with this one?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by OmalichaUC: 5:47am On Jul 08, 2017
glam4444:

There is no legal requirement for you to have a history of international travel to be admitted into Canada. If the visa officer saw a problem with your lack of travel history, this probably means that the rest of the application was weak. If there's anything you can do to significantly improve some other section of the application (ties to home country such as family, pre-purchased airline tickets, proof of finances, etc), it can help you.
Thanks Bro. But regarding this, is it feasible for me to use my husband as home tie. Though we wedded recently. Just few weeks after I applied.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by valenti12(m): 6:01am On Jul 08, 2017
willyboss:
More of Mechanical than Electrical bro
Thanks @willyboss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by DereI(f): 6:07am On Jul 08, 2017
Finestme1:

It will show you if your application has been approved or not.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jnyuwa02: 6:08am On Jul 08, 2017
chonewillie:
Congratulations. I'm so happy for you

Chonewillie, I don't remember you putting up your profile. Like the documents you submitted and all. You going for LLM too? Are you Ghanian too? If so, seems like a flood of Ghanians on this site. How did you guys get here? I thought this was Nairaland? Ghana must go�. Just kidding.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jnyuwa02: 6:14am On Jul 08, 2017
Nogen:
Good morning All. Please I have somethings bothering me. I have gotten 99% of all my documents ready for an online application come Monday. Please kindly advice accordingly.
2. Aside my teaching career , I also do a networking business by the side and it has made my bank account heavy with inflows, outflows and lump sum deposits due to the nature of the business and the earnings that come with it. Hope this won't pose a challenge to me? Do I state the business in my SOP to explain the sources of the large deposits?

3. I have a sponsor with a closing balance of. 36m Naira and he paid 4.5m to my account to support my school fees and living expenses with a promise of paying more money into my account. I hope we are on track with this one?

August may be too late applying now. Defer your admission to January if possible. Yes you have to explain your second job and sources of income in your SOP, otherwise might look suspicious. State relationship with sponsor and why he is giving you all that money. What is this person giving you all these money getting in return? Pay your fees with school to settle any lingering doubt I will recommend. Work and concentrate on establishing substantial home ties too that will induce your return to your country after your studies.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 6:19am On Jul 08, 2017
jnyuwa02:

August may be too late applying now. Defer your admission to January if possible. Yes you have to explain your second job and sources of income in your SOP, otherwise might look suspicious. State relationship with sponsor and why he is giving you all that money. What is this person giving you all these money getting in return? Pay your fees with school to settle any lingering doubt I will recommend. Work and concentrate on establishing substantial home ties too that will induce your return to your country after your studies.

Not "may"....its VERY late
August is just next month
Your best move is to defer to the next start date and work towards it...All the best

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ladyvan88(f): 6:23am On Jul 08, 2017
jnyuwa02:

How long did it take you in Ghana from the point you applied and date you got approved for it? What is the duration of studies for the LLB there in Ghana?

I applied May 19 and was approved July 9. LLB duration in Ghana is two years for the public universities and three years for private universities
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by BRANDYAK: 6:29am On Jul 08, 2017
Osemigho:
House, help me scream Jesus! Application approved!!!!!

Exactly 13weeks after they acknowledge receiving my documents.

Please shout Jesus is Lord!
Bros congrats jah has done it again, it was obvious

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jnyuwa02: 6:29am On Jul 08, 2017
sthillz:

Not "may"....its VERY late
August is just next month
Your best move is to defer to the next start date and work towards it...All the best

You have to use may because you can't be too sure, surprises do happen that applications are processed and granted in three weeks. It's the rare exception though if applying in Nigeria.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nogen: 6:36am On Jul 08, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Thanks a lot. Will do just that.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by DereI(f): 6:40am On Jul 08, 2017
jnyuwa02:

You have to use may because you can't be too sure, surprises do happen that applications are processed and granted in three weeks. It's the rare exception though if applying in Nigeria.

Did you finally travel to apply for your TRV yet?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by dapoddon: 6:45am On Jul 08, 2017
Omalicha, sorry for your delay. I think your sponsor who is your sister and domiciled in Canada was the issue, hence the not sure you'll return after studies.
Proving home ties at this point becomes expedient.
You should order ur GCMS for more explicit reasons anyway.
What MA program are u going for in U of M?
OmalichaUC:
Goodevening guys. I applied for visa on the 11th of May after I was offered admission for M.A September 2017 Fall at UofManitoba with partial funding. My sis who is my sponsor also resides in Canada.

Unfortunately for me my visa was denied yesterday because V.O claims I don't have travel history and he's not sure I ll return after studies.

House, I want to reapply. Pls I need your ever - reliable advice(s).

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maziude: 6:49am On Jul 08, 2017
saucepan:

pls can anyother prrson answer this question. is it compulsory to take an english test?

Sorry for the late response boss.

My faculty just asked for a proof of language proficiency. So i sent a letter from my university here stating that I was taught in english.

So ask your faculty if that will work.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 7:12am On Jul 08, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Wouldn't that be unnecessary gamble?
They say 13 weeks and if its processed for a shorter time fine, not taking a risk of applying late and that it "may" be granted due to other's experiences

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by DeCrystal1: 7:25am On Jul 08, 2017
Ruben456:
Pls what can be done regarding mail issues, i did not get any monthly update as at last month

I did not get any mail from cic again today meanwhile i just checked my account today and i found "we are reviewing whether you meet eligibilty requirements"

As at when i apllied till now my update has just been about processing your background checks

And does anyone knows how long this eligibility stuff take?

Pls when did you apply? And what route?
I applied first week in May and my eligibility is yet to be processed still on background check processing
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by samjumbo: 7:28am On Jul 08, 2017
Nogen:

Frankly speaking, August 2017, now maybe too late. No crime in trying but if you could defer, I did advice that.

For your networking stuff, my dear, u have to show very good evidence of the source of your income. Heavy flows with no liable justification may not be lump summing but may raise issues cos a teacher submitting e.g a salary of 30k now having transactions of 2million, were is the CAC doc. backing that business and proofs of fund source etc.

My advice, use another account of yours, let your sponsor transfer the money to it and submit just your pay slip. Don't mention networking stuff in your app. They may tag u as the famous "yahoo boys" going to Canada. And be sure they will check too.

Shikena!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by samjumbo: 7:34am On Jul 08, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Chonewillie, I don't remember you putting up your profile. Like the documents you submitted and all. You going for LLM too? Are you Ghanian too? If so, seems like a flood of Ghanians on this site. How did you guys get here? I thought this was Nairaland? Ghana must go�. Just kidding.

Inappropriate even though a joke bro!

Shikena!!

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jnyuwa02: 7:57am On Jul 08, 2017
Nogen:

Thanks a lot. Will do just that.

You are most welcome!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nogen: 8:08am On Jul 08, 2017
samjumbo:

Frankly speaking, August 2017, now maybe too late. No crime in trying but if you could defer, I did advice that.

For your networking stuff, my dear, u have to show very good evidence of the source of your income. Heavy flows with no liable justification may not be lump summing but may raise issues cos a teacher submitting e.g a salary of 30k now having transactions of 2million, were is the CAC doc. backing that business and proofs of fund source etc.

My advice, use another account of yours, let your sponsor transfer the money to it and submit just your pay slip. Don't mention networking stuff in your app. They may tag u as the famous "yahoo boys" going to Canada. And be sure they will check too.

Shikena!!

And who told you my salary is 30k. My annual salary as a teacher is 4.2m . Not all teachers in Nigeria are poorly paid. If you want to advice someone, don't be condescending. There is dignity in labour.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nogen: 8:10am On Jul 08, 2017
samjumbo:

Shikena!!

And who told you my salary is 30k. My annual salary as a teacher is 4.2m . Not all teachers in Nigeria are poorly paid. If you want to advice someone, don't be condescending. There is dignity in labour. In any case, you don't know Multi level marketing profession is a profession? You should keep quiet if you don't have any constructive advise to give people.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by glam4444: 8:14am On Jul 08, 2017
Finestme1:

Owk...now wait till u get ur passport

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by glam4444: 8:21am On Jul 08, 2017
OmalichaUC:

Thanks Bro. But regarding this, is it feasible for me to use my husband as home tie. Though we wedded recently. Just few weeks after I applied.

Xo far d certificate x dere ...den yes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Yomalicious(f): 8:24am On Jul 08, 2017
Nogen:

And who told you my salary is 30k. My annual salary as a teacher is 4.2m . Not all teachers in Nigeria are poorly paid. If you want to advice someone, don't be condescending. There is dignity in labour. In any case, you don't know Multi level marketing profession is a profession? You should keep quiet if you don't have any constructive advise to give people.

Don't see any thing wrong with doing the side business thing. If the lump sum didn't just start, and it's pretty frequent with narrattions on the transfers. That's explanatory. When I applied for my canadian visiting visa, had salary inflow of 200k which was constant, then I sell tickets so I had a turn over of 34million. I didn't put any explanation because I always include narrations. And it got approved. Nothing wrong with side business. These people just want SHOW ME THE MONEY. If In doubt, they would tell you to pay school fees.

Infact by the time I printed My statement for My study permit, my turnover was 62 million 77pages.

My opinion

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Yomalicious(f): 8:32am On Jul 08, 2017
samjumbo:

Shikena!!

Wetin by this. Too early for this your write up.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by PureRuby: 8:38am On Jul 08, 2017
Nogen:

Honestly, the way some of us here give advice in a condescending manner ehn! Even when they have tangible thing they but the manner they offer it makes you regret ever asking.

May God help us to learn manners and be polite with our utterances. People are burdened already and you wouldn't want to add to their burden.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.