Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (423) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (880628 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by BRANDYAK: 8:38am On Jul 08, 2017
yemdogg:
My people how una dey....Longest time. I'm indeed very sorry for being MIA.

I have been superbusy at work lately and a lot of have happened in the past few weeks, my visa application delay being one of them.

So so sorry about the delay bro, I feel the pain, it just spoiled my day. You have so far been my best guru, can't keep calm. Well delay is not denial. EE is the best .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jnyuwa02: 8:53am On Jul 08, 2017
Nogen:

And who told you my salary is 30k. My annual salary as a teacher is 4.2m . Not all teachers in Nigeria are poorly paid. If you want to advice someone, don't be condescending. There is dignity in labour. In any case, you don't know Multi level marketing profession is a profession? You should keep quiet if you don't have any constructive advise to give people.

I agree the guy kind sound condescending. He already chastised me for cracking a joke. Lol.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Ruben456: 8:54am On Jul 08, 2017
DeCrystal1:

Pls when did you apply? And what route?
I applied first week in May and my eligibility is yet to be processed still on background check processing

I applied on may 30th via paper route in lekki
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nogen: 8:58am On Jul 08, 2017
Yomalicious:

Don't see any thing wrong with doing the side business thing. If the lump sum didn't just start, and it's pretty frequent with narrattions on the transfers. That's explanatory. When I applied for my canadian visiting visa, had salary inflow of 200k which was constant, then I sell tickets so I had a turn over of 34million. I didn't put any explanation because I always include narrations. And it got approved. Nothing wrong with side business. These people just want SHOW ME THE MONEY. If In doubt, they would tell you to pay school fees.

Infact by the time I printed My statement for My study permit, my turnover was 62 million 77pages.

My opinion

Thanks you so much. I started the side business last year and the inflow and outflow have been consistent. Sometimes with narratives, not all came with narratives. Thanks a lot. Will just defer till January.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 9:00am On Jul 08, 2017
kalohenic:
And finally, my secret prayer has been answered.

Congratulations brother, although it tarried but our joy is come. See you in Alberta

Thank you. Are you in or going to Alberta?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CanadianNurse: 9:20am On Jul 08, 2017
Who is going to Manitoba (Winnipeg to be precise)?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jnyuwa02: 9:29am On Jul 08, 2017
Please does anybody know why CIC processes applications made in Nigeria from Ghana, instead of in Nigeria?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by samjumbo: 9:37am On Jul 08, 2017
jnyuwa02:

I agree the guy kind sound condescending. He already chastised me for cracking a joke. Lol.
When people chastise others for justly being condescending, and i agree i sounded that way to make my point very clear.. kindly don't comment! Kettle calling pot black.. Mtchheeewwww!!!

Shikena!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CanadianNurse: 9:42am On Jul 08, 2017
jnyuwa02:
Please does anybody know why CIC processes applications made in Nigeria from Ghana, instead of in Nigeria?
some countries don't even have embassy here in Nigeria... Some process applications by region it depends on the arrangement and logistics of the high commission

My opinion though
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by tybian: 9:53am On Jul 08, 2017
Hello house, please does anyone have a good research proposal format i can use as a guide or a link here...I Am new to writing one n want to start now to prepare n draft out proposals for prospective supervisors. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by OmalichaUC: 10:02am On Jul 08, 2017
dapoddon:
Omalicha, sorry for your delay. I think your sponsor who is your sister and domiciled in Canada was the issue, hence the not sure you'll return after studies.
Proving home ties at this point becomes expedient.
You should order ur GCMS for more explicit reasons anyway.
What MA program are u going for in U of M?
Masters in Disability Studies. Mass Communication as first Degree. Linking the two by addressing Disability issues with communicative strategies.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jnyuwa02: 10:06am On Jul 08, 2017
samjumbo:

When people chastise others for justly being condescending, and i agree i sounded that way to make my point very clear.. kindly don't comment! Kettle calling pot black.. Mtchheeewwww!!!

Shikena!!

I will take this as a term of endearment. As long as I am the kettle, lol. But for your info Aboki na, the correct phrase if you want to insult someone is "the pot calling the kettle black." It's not "the kettle calling the pot black" as you intimated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jnyuwa02: 10:15am On Jul 08, 2017
CanadianNurse:
some countries don't even have embassy here in Nigeria... Some process applications by region it depends on the arrangement and logistics of the high commission

My opinion though

Thanks. I thought they moved out of Nigeria because of a major security concern or someone threatened them. They had a big embassy in Lagos before. And Nigeria is such a country of geopolitical and economic importance/interest to Canada. You would think they will register their presence here if they are in small countries as Cameroun.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by samjumbo: 10:28am On Jul 08, 2017
jnyuwa02:

I will take this as a term of endearment. As long as I am the kettle, lol. But for your info Aboki na, the correct phrase if you want to insult someone is "the pot calling the kettle black." It's not "the kettle calling the pot black" as you intimated.

Most noted @jnyuwa.. To the house, nothing personal ooo.. Take no offence please.. And if I sounded condescending, FORGIVE ME!! Learning never ends.. Cheers!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CanadianNurse: 10:28am On Jul 08, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Thanks. I thought they moved out of Nigeria because of a major security concern or someone threatened them. They had a big embassy in Lagos before. And Nigeria is such a country of geopolitical and economic importance/interest to Canada. You would think they will register their presence here if they are in small countries as Cameroun.
they are here too... I think they process visit visas here in Nigeria... They only decided to process study permits in Ghana based on regional logistics
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 10:33am On Jul 08, 2017
Good morning ELDERS,

Please do you know about ''ETS engineering for industry'' in Quebec.

I want to admission rules or what you have experience about Quebec admission.

I want to consider Quebec either master or PhD
I have bachelor and master in mechanical engineering.

pls advise me,

I need your help about what you know about schooling in Quebec with English language
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by fembas316(m): 10:42am On Jul 08, 2017
Please, I am no where near a guru, but I would like to get some things clear as to Canadian TRV application. I have this feeling that not all online applications necessarily pass through Ghana embassy. Why do I say so? I did an online application; and my Passport request came on 6th June, my passport reached Lagos VFS on 8th June and my passport with approved TRV dispatched from Lagos on 9th June.

Based on this timeline, I presume my passport never got to Ghana at all. Gurus, could we have a lil deliberation on this please?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by dapoddon: 10:50am On Jul 08, 2017
Alright, cool.
Hope your program has a January start date? If it has then you shd probably defer.
In the interim, while you order for your GCMS, pls share your profile and documents submitted so the house can give inputs.
OmalichaUC:

Masters in Disability Studies. Mass Communication as first Degree. Linking the two by addressing Disability issues with communicative strategies.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 10:57am On Jul 08, 2017
I saw a message from vfs global stating that the application has been dispatched to Lagos office too and I was wondering is it not meant to be Accra?? Can you explain this please?
fembas316:
Please, I am no where near a guru, but I would like to get some things clear as to Canadian TRV application. I have this feeling that not all online applications necessarily pass through Ghana embassy. Why do I say so? I did an online application; and my Passport request came on 6th June, my passport reached Lagos VFS on 8th June and my passport with approved TRV dispatched from Lagos on 9th June.

Based on this timeline, I presume my passport never got to Ghana at all. Gurus, could we have a lil deliberation on this please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by fembas316(m): 11:00am On Jul 08, 2017
nairalandnewbie:
I saw a message from vfs global stating that the application has been dispatched to Lagos office too and I was wondering is it not meant to be Accra?? Can you explain this please?
Did you apply online too? and was it that you just submitted your Passport to VFS?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 11:00am On Jul 08, 2017
Hi @ladyvan88 please can you help in putting me through how you wrote your research proposal. I'm kind of stuck in expressing my topic. I'd like your help pls. Can I pm you perhaps? Congratulations on your approval it is really inspiring and I love your portfolio
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 11:04am On Jul 08, 2017
Hi @chonewillie please can I Pm you I'd like to ask some questions concerning LLM in USask and also need help with my research proposal. I'd appreciate it. Thank you and congratulations on your Approval
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 11:06am On Jul 08, 2017
Yes I submitted online no upfront Medicaid tho. It just read : my application has been dispatched to the Lagos office and I also got submission confirmation and the monthly update
fembas316:

Did you apply online too? and was it that you just submitted your Passport to VFS?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maziude: 11:08am On Jul 08, 2017
Hello bosses,

For peeps asking about research proposal writing/format.
Normally, it should be under this headings:

Your intended Topic, then

1) Introduction
2) Background/Literature review (here, you can discuss 2 or 3 past researches relevant to (or conducted in) your research area)
3) Methodology/ proposed methods
4)Applications
5) Conclusion
6) References

There is no page restriction but 2-3 pages should do it.
I hope this helps someone.

Peace....

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nogen: 11:11am On Jul 08, 2017
fembas316:

When did you apply online?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by fembas316(m): 11:12am On Jul 08, 2017
Nogen:

When did you apply online?
March 26
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nairacountry(m): 11:12am On Jul 08, 2017
wealth360:
I disagree with the bolded above. I applied Jan 31st got approved by March 8th for a program that start in Sept 1st. Check am now, am still here waiting. The different VO has different perception of how they see an application. But I believe they all have a general rules or policy.

Wao! Did you travel asap, or waited? I mean was the TRV granted allowed you to travel 'upfront' kind of; 5months prior to the start of your class
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CPA01: 11:14am On Jul 08, 2017
nairalandnewbie:

Bro, It is very possible your visa is being processed in Ghana and your passport is stamped in lagos. That's why everything works online.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jnyuwa02: 11:17am On Jul 08, 2017
maziude:
Hello bosses,

For peeps asking about research proposal writing/format.
Normally, it should be under this headings:

Your intended Topic, then

1) Introduction
2) Background/Literature review (here, you can discuss 2 or 3 past researches relevant to (or conducted in) your research area)
3) Methodology/ proposed methods
4)Applications
5) Conclusion
6) References

There is no page restriction but 2-3 pages should do it.
I hope this helps someone.

Peace....

Almost all schools give out format and specifications of what they want, so follow those primarily when you write. Some want proposal/ statement of intent to be part scholarly and part authobiograpical. Maziude is right though, generally.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 11:24am On Jul 08, 2017
Not like I understand what you mean, but okay I'm not bothered by it. Thanks for the reply
CPA01:

Bro, It is very possible your visa is being processed in Ghana and your passport is stamped in lagos. That's why everything works online.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 11:25am On Jul 08, 2017
glam4444:

Xo far d certificate x dere ...den yes

I had a hard time understanding this.. Please let's use correct English for the benefit of others
Cheers!

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by SPOILT9JAOLOSHO(m): 11:30am On Jul 08, 2017
Osemigho:
House, help me scream Jesus! Application approved!!!!!

Exactly 13weeks after they acknowledge receiving my documents.
Please shout Jesus is Lord!

ThankGod for you

(1) (2) (3) ... (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.