Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,607 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (421) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (880576 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ladyvan88(f): 10:08pm On Jul 07, 2017
samjumbo:

Hello lady, are you on some sort of funding with dalhoise? Or did you pay your fees? Your profile to the house will be most appreciated if it isn't a burden.

One or two things will be learnt from the smooth process God favoured you with.

Great Congrats!
I have a full scholarship from Dalhousie

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by RAY12345(m): 10:08pm On Jul 07, 2017
ladyvan88:
Applied May 19, paper route, medicals asked for June 20 and done June 21 with email received June 23 indicating forwarded to visa office, LLM, Dalhousie University
Approval July 7. God has been awesome.

Congrats ladyvan88.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ladyvan88(f): 10:11pm On Jul 07, 2017
RAY12345:

Congrats ladyvan88. I observed that u and @victory2017 have same timeline. could it be that u operate both accounts or just a coincidence?

regards.

�������� We're different people. I have been a silent observer so far
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Ruben456: 10:13pm On Jul 07, 2017
5454Darese:
@Ruben456 please what date did u summit and what route?

May 30th and paper route

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by PureRuby: 10:13pm On Jul 07, 2017
segunojo866:
how can i get a scholarship for schools in Canada and I have been denied US visa before any hope for Canada visa

Mine is not sch funding but you can get full funding from schools in Canada. Just browse through some schools that offer your program and read through their funding package if any.
Some schools give full funding to msc research and phd students.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by RAY12345(m): 10:14pm On Jul 07, 2017
ladyvan88:

my bad. just seeing it now. victory2017 copied ur post and congratulated u at d tail end.

congrats once again. I love ur timeline. less than 7weeks. kindly share ur profile

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by DereI(f): 10:28pm On Jul 07, 2017
CanadianNurse:
Justwise page 419 already please come and give us part 13 before........ grin grin

I think he's leaving it to get to Page 500. Its same in other forums too.....Lol
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jnyuwa02: 10:36pm On Jul 07, 2017
ohizzyy7:
i believe CIC knows the final decision of every application immediately they go through the application but will delay in informing you so that you don't travel too early or you don't re-apply within short period of time.

I don't think it's true. There are voluminous applications all been read by a few VOs. Background check and investigating documents submitted can also take time. They don't know until all facts are imputed and taken together in totality as a whole.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jnyuwa02: 10:42pm On Jul 07, 2017
ladyvan88:

Why are you going for LLM? You know you can't practice law with the degree right? It's only good for those wanting to do law research. If you want to practice law, LLB is what should been your route. At any length, congrats! Please put up your profile so aspirants can gauge.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by kalohenic: 10:45pm On Jul 07, 2017
And finally, my secret prayer has been answered.

Congratulations brother, although it tarried but our joy is come. See you in Alberta

Osemigho:
House, help me scream Jesus! Application approved!!!!!

Exactly 13weeks after they acknowledge receiving my documents.

Please shout Jesus is Lord!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ladyvan88(f): 10:49pm On Jul 07, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Why are you going for LLM? You know you can't practice law with the degree right? It's only good for those wanting to do law research. If you want to practice law, LLB is what should been your route. At any length, congrats! Please put up your profile so aspirants can gauge.

I already have an LLB. My interest is in research and teaching.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Gracee101: 10:52pm On Jul 07, 2017
Hello fam
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jnyuwa02: 10:53pm On Jul 07, 2017
segunojo866:
how can i get a scholarship for schools in Canada and I have been denied US visa before any hope for Canada visa

Read individual department offering of the programsof the school you are applying for. They state their funding packages. US denial not a problem as long as you disclose that you were denied before.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jnyuwa02: 10:55pm On Jul 07, 2017
ladyvan88:

I already have an LLB. My interest is in research and teaching.

So you have been in Canada or Europe before? Otherwise, where is your LLB from?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bronze25(f): 10:59pm On Jul 07, 2017
ladyvan88:

Congratulations my learned colleague. Kindly share your profile.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ladyvan88(f): 11:08pm On Jul 07, 2017
RAY12345:

my bad. just seeing it now. victory2017 copied ur post and congratulated u at d tail end.

congrats once again. I love ur timeline. less than 7weeks. kindly share ur profile

I started the school application process in December 2016.
With the help of one of my professors in university I put together a tight research proposal. I received my offer in January. I had a lot of back and forth to do because I got my LLB from a private law school in Ghana. So I had to chase affiliation documents,etc. A very stressful experience
but I had a conviction in my spirit that it was
time.
I work two jobs. One at an NGO that is known in Ghana in the field of my research proposal and one from the university I finished at as a teaching assistant. So I got two strong letters from these places. I didn't attach pay slips. I did attach evidence that I worked there especially for the NGO. There were reports we had done with my name on, photographs with prominent people in my field, etc. So there was no question about my working there. The two letters also indicated that they want me to come back after my schooling and even offered promotions on my return.
I also followed the questions for the sop carefully and answered in that order. I brought in bits of my research proposal.
My references were also very tight as the two professors I went to gave me glowing reviews.

Documents submitted:
BECE certificate
Senior High school transcript and testimonial
First degree certificate
Second degree transcript because the degree certificate wasn't ready and the school indicated that in an attachment to the transcript
My bank statement for the past four months or so which showed just about GHC 10000
The scholarship offer of about CAD 25000
My curriculum vitae

That's about it.

I also prayed a lot and did not steal from God by withholding my tithes and offerings.
I believe this was key in my getting everything

I hope I haven't left anything out.

All the best to those still waiting.

Remember Habakkuk 2:3.
For the vision is yet for an appointed time;
But at the end it will speak, and it will not lie.
Though it tarries, wait for it;
Because it will surely come,
It will not tarry.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ladyvan88(f): 11:09pm On Jul 07, 2017
jnyuwa02:

So you have been in Canada or Europe before? Otherwise, where is your LLB from?

I have never traveled outside Africa. I'm an African borga. My LLB is from Ghana.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jnyuwa02: 11:16pm On Jul 07, 2017
ladyvan88:

I have never traveled outside Africa. I'm an African borga. My LLB is from Ghana.

I asked because LLB is based on common law tradition not offered in Nigeria. Makes sense. Ghana has a pretty good educational system and some of its students are the brightest from Africa. The country is good too, most of the student who study in th west, return back to the country after their studies. Are you Ghanian or Nigerian? Where did you apply for your TRV?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ladyvan88(f): 11:17pm On Jul 07, 2017
jnyuwa02:

I asked because LLB is based on common law tradition not offered in Nigeria. Makes sense. Ghana has a pretty good educational system and some of its students are the brightest from Africa. The country is good too, most of the student who study in th west, return back to their countries after their studies. Are you Ghanian or Nigerian? Where did you apply for your TRV?

I'm Ghanaian and I applied in Ghana

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by kalohenic: 11:19pm On Jul 07, 2017
You can check out Air Maroc, it should be cheaper than Ethiopian airline

CanadianNurse:
I'm yet to see any flight for August that's below 400k... I'm planning on using Ethiopian airlines(head they are the best in Africa) and relatively cheap
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Sugaro: 11:30pm On Jul 07, 2017
Congrats @ladyvan88
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by victory2017: 11:47pm On Jul 07, 2017
ladyvan88:

Sorry l was actually congratulating ladyvan88.

A missed up.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eilenora: 12:04am On Jul 08, 2017
Yemoduns@gmail.com.

Gratias

quote author=CanadianNurse post=58230046]@Eilenora just gimme your email... Saw your pm again but my reply no deliver [/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eilenora: 12:05am On Jul 08, 2017
hello guys.

So lawyers that are preparing to go to Canada, or are already in Canada, kindly advise. my bro has a CGPA of 2.85 and wants to do an LLM in Canada. Some agents have told him that he can only do a PGD and not a masters. So am just wondering, what advantage does a masters programme have over a PGD? Does PGD have a shorter course duration hence a problem if one wants to secure a 3 years work permit? Is it more expensive? Also this law thing, he can not practice law over there until he is called to the Canadian Bar, so if he does a Masters or PGD, what next? I am not sure d guy is ready to go the long haul of preparing to be called to their Bar. He no like book reach that level. He really just wants to migrate. [/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eilenora: 12:06am On Jul 08, 2017
[quote author=Eilenora post=58221339][/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 12:26am On Jul 08, 2017
Osemigho:
Royal air flight booked by olamide (folaroyal person) at #274,200 with three stopovers. I met her at her office today to complete transaction.

I really don't know how they are doing it to get such low prices. Also, She would like to be recommended to friends and family.

Finally, I need advises on things to buy and not to buy. As well as strategies to manage very long stopovers at airport. One of which I signed for extends from evening till morning. Help me!

For air Maroc, please get to the airport early, if possible sleep there if you live far away to Ikeja, and don't feel safe driving at night, Because their checking in starts at 3am, and can be very rowdy.

You can carry Anything you want, but MILK/DAIRY products not allowed in Canada.

In Casablanca, nothing to do, just locate your gate and sit by it, also check the boards regularly, my gate got changed, few minutes to boarding, hopefully you connect to airport wifi. Ensure you have your phone charger, the regular Nigerian/EU plug works there.

In Quebec, please remember to get your luggages after immigration check.Your luggage would not meet you in Calgary, to avoid stories that touch.

The long wait is in Quebec, find the air Canada desk, there are benches around there, secure your luggages in a trolley, watching it carefully, you can put your legs on it and take a nap.

It's a long wait, if you can get the American plug for your phone, the better, and you connect to the wifi, to keep you busy.

Also, try to eat at the airport, cos your local flight in Canada with Air Canada has no free meal on the plane, you would have to buy.

Also check the Canadian boarder website for things to take and not to, lastly, your confidence is key with the CBSA Officials.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Finestme1: 12:52am On Jul 08, 2017
Pls can I pm u I got this message when I tracked my application online I did applied within the same time u did @osemigho

Visa application, tracking ID No.xxxxxxxxxx– Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office ACCRA , on 04/07/2017 to the Canada Visa Application Centre.To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by willyboss: 2:01am On Jul 08, 2017
Did you do an upfront medical?

Finestme1:
Pls can I pm u I got this message when I tracked my application online I did applied within the same time u did @osemigho

Visa ap

plication, tracking ID No.xxxxxxxxxx– Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office ACCRA , on 04/07/2017 to the Canada Visa Application Centre.To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by wealth360: 2:12am On Jul 08, 2017
debbiejosh:

Olamide really has good prices.

For air Maroc, please get to the airport early, if possible sleep there if you live far away to Ikeja, and don't feel safe driving at night, Because their checking in starts at 3am, and can be very rowdy.

You can carry Anything you want, but MILK/DAIRY products not allowed in Canada.

In Casablanca, nothing to do, just locate your gate and sit by it, also check the boards regularly, my gate got changed, few minutes to boarding, hopefully you connect to airport wifi. Ensure you have your phone charger, the regular Nigerian/EU plug works there.

In Quebec, please remember to get your luggages after immigration check.Your luggage would not meet you in Calgary, to avoid stories that touch.

The long wait is in Quebec, find the air Canada desk, there are benches around there, secure your luggages in a trolley, watching it carefully, you can put your legs on it and take a nap.

It's a long wait, if you can get the American plug for your phone, the better, and you connect to the wifi, to keep you busy.

Also, try to eat at the airport, cos your local flight in Canada with Air Canada has no free meal on the plane, you would have to buy.

Also check the Canadian boarder website for things to take and not to, lastly, your confidence is key with the CBSA Officials.

what about some1 going to Saskatoon same flight royal air Marco. How is the experience like? CC @everyone who has used it before now.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Finestme1: 2:17am On Jul 08, 2017
willyboss:
Did you do an upfront medical?

Yes I did
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Finestme1: 2:21am On Jul 08, 2017
abestine:

Did you link your application to your online account? If you did, a detailed message should be there which will give you an insight into what you should be expecting, a corresponding mail also should be sent to the mail address you submitted... Hope for the best bro
Yes I linked it online but there also am not getting any relevant information on there to this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Finestme1: 2:23am On Jul 08, 2017
Ceslause:
Wow...I also applied on 18th April 2017. I pray and believe it's an approval that you got,Amen.

Amen I might just head straight to office to know what's going on next Friday

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.