Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,475 members, 7,819,732 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (426) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (880606 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by DereI(f): 7:03pm On Jul 08, 2017
McOsheBaba:
If I talk sey this wait is not killing, I lie! May God epp us this month in Jesus' Name!

Amen ooooo

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by kennynelcon(m): 7:31pm On Jul 08, 2017
ademcoboy:

please send your number to my email...I want to ask you some questions...

Brief profile of mine
A first class graduate of Forestry (cgpa of 4.71 of 5)
A serving corps member
Applying to U of A Canada this sept for fall 2018 start date...
I will appreciate getting some valuable information from you which may help me.
Talk no more man, apply for Master Card Scholarship, select University of British Columbia, and maybe Forestry if you wish.
Mastercard Scholarship is Massive.
Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by crixcrox(f): 7:37pm On Jul 08, 2017
Hello house good evening pls I need someone with a dorm account to help me pay for my visa application online. My naira master card was not accepted
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by crixcrox(f): 7:38pm On Jul 08, 2017
crixcrox:
Hello house good evening pls I need someone with a dorm account to help me pay for my visa application online. My naira master card was not accepted
There was someone that was recommended here but I have forgotten the moniker pls I need the person's phone number
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by AJANIEmmanuel78(m): 7:54pm On Jul 08, 2017
Hello my good people... I have three questions
1:which of the application route is the best and quickest to apply for Canadian study visa (the online or the paper route)
2:can I use two sponsors for my Visa and admission application...
3: where do I apply for Canadian visa in Nigeria. Is it only VFS global
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by glam4444: 8:13pm On Jul 08, 2017
AJANIEmmanuel78:
Hello my good people... I have three questions
1:which of the application route is the best and quickest to apply for Canadian study visa (the online or the paper route)
2:can I use two sponsors for my Visa and admission application...
3: where do I apply for Canadian visa in Nigeria. Is it only VFS global

1: none is the best,do the one datz convenient for u
2:yes u can
3:thru lagos (manor hall) or abuja(silverbird...)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by willyboss: 8:25pm On Jul 08, 2017
Yes you can
bbclue:

Okay. .......Please can I use another uncle that have 10million. ...to be on a safer side
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 8:57pm On Jul 08, 2017
kennynelcon:

Talk no more man, apply for Master Card Scholarship, select University of British Columbia, and maybe Forestry if you wish.
Mastercard Scholarship is Massive.
Goodluck.

I am usually skeptical about scholarship like this because they mostly come with a condition of returning to home country. Except you have a job already or great connections in Nigeria and cannot get another scholarship, I will advise you think twice before accepting any scholarship that comes with a condition of returning to home country.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bbclue(f): 8:57pm On Jul 08, 2017
willyboss:
Yes you can

Okay thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 9:15pm On Jul 08, 2017
crixcrox:

There was someone that was recommended here but I have forgotten the moniker pls I need the person's phone number

If you dont have a direct family/friend that have domiciliary account, Go to your bank and ask to open a domiciliary account. Don't pay anyone to help you pay. Learn from my past mistake that almost put me in serious problems.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ogunesan(m): 9:24pm On Jul 08, 2017
[quote author=CanadianNurse post=58240844]Who is going to Manitoba (Winnipeg to be precise)? [/q
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by imoriafe: 9:47pm On Jul 08, 2017
please all im consedering going for msc biology wit my first degree in botany. i graduated 4years ago but have been working in a bank after graduation. will i have issues wit processing my study visa?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by manlikegb: 9:55pm On Jul 08, 2017
DereI:

I am sorry I can't advice you abt the change of course when you get over there.
But waiting and working before resumption is possible. Lots of friends over there are doing that already.

Gurus in the house..kindly add your input.

@DereI, can you please shed more light on this kind of situation as I am considering such an instance too(the course I am really interested in starts every Fall for international students, so if I am able to secure an admission and study permit for a winter intake course, can I defer and change to the course I am most interested in by Sept?). I know you said its possible I just would love more info on it, perhaps share an insight/experience with some of your friends that did same? Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by imoriafe: 9:58pm On Jul 08, 2017
please all im considering going for msc biology wit my first degree in botany. i graduated 4years ago but have been working in a bank after graduation. will i have issues wit processing my study visa?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jul 08, 2017
There shall be testimonies...this coming week.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 10:09pm On Jul 08, 2017
imoriafe:
please all im consedering going for msc biology wit my first degree in botany. i graduated 4years ago but have been working in a bank after graduation. will i have issues wit processing my study visa?
Yes, you most likely will. Unless you are able to convince a visa officer how an msc in biology would improve your career as a banker. You left school 4 years ago which will make it assumable that you have found a career path in the financial sector. Going back to study a program in line with a degree you left 4 years ago without SIGNIFICANT activity in it may be difficult to sail smoothly.

Like i pointed out, you have to justify your intent, study plan, career progression going for your proposed program and why the msc in bology will be just what you need at this point.

So the point is ' What will an msc in biology add to'?.. If this is not clearly seen aside the usual 'SOP', your purpose of visiting canada might be questioned.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by glam4444: 10:17pm On Jul 08, 2017
TRUEPATRIOTLOVE:
There shall be testimonies...this coming week.

Na dis kind tin I dey like grin......ijn ..Amen!!
Mine z included ..amen

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by DereI(f): 10:18pm On Jul 08, 2017
manlikegb:

@DereI, can you please shed more light on this kind of situation as I am considering such an instance too(the course I am really interested in starts every Fall for international students, so if I am able to secure an admission and study permit for a winter intake course, can I defer and change to the course I am most interested in by Sept?). I know you said its possible I just would love more info on it, perhaps share an insight/experience with some of your friends that did same? Thank you.

I believe you got my explanation? Had to take it down.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by DereI(f): 10:20pm On Jul 08, 2017
Austinpee4:

Yes, you most likely will. Unless you are able to convince a visa officer how an msc in biology would improve your career as a banker. You left school 4 years ago which will make it assumable that you have found a career path in the financial sector. Going back to study a program in line with a degree you left 4 years ago without SIGNIFICANT activity in it may be difficult to sail smoothly.

Like i pointed out, you have to justify your intent, study plan, career progression going for your proposed program and why the msc in bology will be just what you need at this point.

So the point is ' What will an msc in biology add to'?.. If this is not clearly seen aside the usual 'SOP', your purpose of visiting canada might be questioned.

@ the bold statement, how sure are you? I know someone who studied Zoology in Nigeria and is going for Msc Biology in Canada this fall. His TRV has been approved and guess what? He did NOT even attach a SOP.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by glam4444: 10:24pm On Jul 08, 2017
DereI:

@ the bold statement, how sure are you? I know someone who studied Zoology in Nigeria and is going for Msc Biology in Canada this fall. His TRV has been approved and guess what? He did NOT even attach a SOP.
Zoology nd biology z related.
Biology z a broader sense of zoology
Zoology is a branch under biology
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by DereI(f): 10:26pm On Jul 08, 2017
glam4444:

Zoology nd biology z related.
Biology z a broader sense of zoology
Zoology is a branch under biology

Oh yeah? Then I stand corrected.
I'm in the social science field....sorry
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 10:41pm On Jul 08, 2017
DereI:

The whole body of my post already answered the line as emboldened. Anyway, this person you know probably don't have the same profile as @imoriafe. So it may not be in place to use it as a clear example.

Having worked for 4 years in the bank, any further progression will be seen from this premise. Unless there have been significant activities(research,projects,conferences and all) in botany/biological sciences from when he finished undergrad. If this isn't the case, a good question will be at what instance is this interest for this master of biology? A good answer to this is preceding activities in area of proposed program no matter how little within the 4 years since completion of undergrad study.
The banking industry i will presume would not have related activity in biological sciences.

There is actually no case of SOP here. This is a case of progression!

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by DereI(f): 10:43pm On Jul 08, 2017
Austinpee4:

The whole body of my post already answered the line as emboldened. Anyway, this person you know probably don't have the same profile as @imoriafe. So it may not be in place to use it as a clear example.

Having worked for 4 years in the bank, any further progression will be seen from this premise. Unless they have been significant activities(research,projects,conferences and all) in botany/biological sciences from when he finished undergrad. If this isn't the case, a good question will be at what instance is this interest for this master of biology? A good answer to this is preceding activities in area of proposed program that no matter how little within the 4 years since completion of undergrad study.
The banking industry i will presume would not have related activity in biological sciences.

The is actually no case of SOP here. This is a case of progression!

Yeah I totally understand. Totally different profiles though.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by orisuniye: 10:49pm On Jul 08, 2017
Hello everyone!

Please I need your help.

I am a student in Canada. I got married recently. My husband's application for an Open Work Permit was submitted (online) on April 7th. The application was rejected yesterday.

I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets, to carry out your stated purpose in
coming to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your departure.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 200(1) of the
IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
• I am not satisfied that your spouse can support you until you find employment.

I submitted all necessary documents from my school, his property document and bank statement but the money in my husband's account was not much.

I would like to know how soon we can reapply.
Can my husband show more money in his account as gift from his mum towards the application?
Or should we just get his uncle to show his bank statement and offer to sponsor us?
How can we address all the concerns of the VO in our next application?

Please help us with any information related to this case.

Thanks in advance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Jemdesi: 11:10pm On Jul 08, 2017
My people, i hail oooo.

Like predicted, i was denied study visa.

Reason being they arent sure i would come back.

Thank you all for the encouragement and reailty check.

I want yo re-apply but how do i convince them i am coming back and how soon should i reapply.

Lemme go and think and know whats next.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by glam4444: 11:11pm On Jul 08, 2017
Jemdesi:
My people, i hail oooo.

Like predicted, i was denied study visa.

Reason being they arent sure i would come back.

Thank you all for the encouragement and reailty check.

Lemme go and think and know whats next.

Sorry for the delay ..I love dat spirit wink
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Edilanco: 11:14pm On Jul 08, 2017
Hi guys.... Is anyone going to university of Windsor Ontario this fall
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Jemdesi: 11:14pm On Jul 08, 2017
glam4444:

Sorry for the delay ..I love dat spirit wink

Thank you glam4444
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Uzee24: 11:22pm On Jul 08, 2017
bbclue:
Please Austinpee4 and others I need your augent respond....Please my sponsored bank statement is 8.4million and please is it okay for me to use

Please if U dont mind, which school is this?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by likeababygirl: 12:52am On Jul 09, 2017
DereI:

Okay, this is what my friend did.

1. She applied for International Business in Algonquin College Ottawa and was given admission for Winter (Jan) 2017. Then she wrote to the school for a change of course (while still in Nigeria). She was issued another letter of admission which she went ahead to pay the initial tuition deposit of C$9,000. This was around September last year.

2. She applied for TRV and was called for medicals and later approved. But her TRV was approved AFTER her resumption date which she deferred to Fall (Sept) 2017.

3. She took her time to prepare herself and search for a very cheap one way flight N239,000 from Lagos to Ottawa (Royal Air Maroc) and left Nigeria by April 2017.

4. Three days after her arrival, she opened a bank account and applied for her SIN. She said at the POE, she was only asked to show her International passport and nothing else. No questions.

5. One week after her arrival, she went to Montreal and secured a job, got an apartment and is still working.

Note that she is to resume by September 2017. So far, she has been working 5 hours daily every mondays to saturdays and earn a minimum of C$15/hr.
So this is it....you can actually work while waiting for resumption.

Just curious. Isn't it illegal to work before classes begin?
I have read that it might seem like it's no big deal now but can affect ones application when requesting for PGWP.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by likeababygirl: 12:54am On Jul 09, 2017
Anyone going to Halifax this Fall, MSVU especially, being female will make this perfect. Need someone to share a 2 bedroom apartment with.

(1) (2) (3) ... (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.