Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,234 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (495) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (880343 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ibbravura: 8:02am On Jul 25, 2017
Yomalicious:

About 225 k. But depending on destination doe.
Toronto and montreal is hwmuch bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CanadianNurse: 8:07am On Jul 25, 2017
Eilenora:

My Sponsor's banks didnt give her a letter of assurance so I have to submit without it, in that case do I need to submit the CBN Policies as well or I should just expunge that altogether? Canadian Nurse, this answers your qstn sent to me via email.

Finally, how many copies of documents are we expected to submit? i know for UK you are required to submit 1 set of originals and 1 set of copies. I knw we are not required to submit any originals here so is it just 1 set of copies? I want to do notary public today so wondering how many sets of documents I should take to notarize.

1stly, at this juncture I suggest you submit your application and work on fulfilling the conditions of getting the letter of assurance, incase cic request for it... U might be lucky and they don't ask for it

But come to think of it

Which bank refused to give the letter? I would suggest you try bank branches in lagos around VI, or some other areas because they might be better informed than a bank branch in warri, or owerri

You know how Nigeria can be

Personally, I got my letter from sterling banks at Saka Tinubu Street Victoria Island
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by MrMarc: 8:14am On Jul 25, 2017
wilihelmsG:
I should by God's grace, waiting for my TRV to be approved.

I tried to PM you mate. Are you going for Engineering?

Those guys insists they wont review application until they receive official transcript unlike Uwaterloo and Uottawa.

Needed to ask few questions via PM
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Frankrobbn1: 8:25am On Jul 25, 2017
maziude:

Hello boss,

I aint @Thesoj, but if the school gave you an option of writing an English test (IELTS), why not re-write it and save yourself the troubles of worrying how to convince the VO. I believe if you do this and get the unconditional offer, you will have less issues to worry about and less permutations to do.

Just my thought though...

Thank you so much bro. To Re-write IELTS is the only way forward me now and obtain the required score for my course. Thanks for your contribution.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by MrMarc: 8:26am On Jul 25, 2017
Frankrobbn1:

yes it has to be the one at Ikoyi Alagbon Lagos.

Please how true is this info because i don't think people all over the country must come to Ikoyi to get a police cert.

How about people in the east and north.

Pls hav anyone gotten police cert outside the alagbon station?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Frankrobbn1: 8:27am On Jul 25, 2017
paybak:
So hey guys, i was filling the admission application form of mun(memorial university of newfoundland) recently and when it gets to the education phase, each time i fill and try to click next it'd bounce back.. Have tried all i could but to no avail.. I don't know what else to do.. What do you guys think could be wrong? Though my result is dated june 2012 (Neco) and applying for a degree course. Thanks in anticipation.

I'm also going for the same school. PM me let's talk
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by MrMarc: 8:31am On Jul 25, 2017
Onyeoma3:

Hello sir, congratulations on the approval of your TRV application. I also wish to congratulate all other successful applicants.

Please, feel free to send me a PM. I'm currently doing my graduate program at Queen’s and would be glad to assist you.

Sometimes, I find it challenging to respond to PMs, in which case you can drop your email address so I can get in touch with you.

Cheers!

You are a good man! smiley

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Frankrobbn1: 8:33am On Jul 25, 2017
thesoj:

@Frankrobbn1, please take @maziude's advice. I don't think the circuitous route of switching from a visiting visa to a student visa is advisable. Given that you don't yet have the visiting visa, your current approach requires you to convince Canadian VOs twice; this two-step process appears to be a more difficult task than the one-step version (i.e. improve your IELTS and apply for study TRV).

I also in general would not recommend that anyone apply for a visiting visa with the intent of switching to a student visa. If denied, it gets exponentially harder to be approved when you come back home to apply from Lagos (cos you've basically shown the VO that once you got to Canada you didn't plan to respect the terms of your visiting visa -- exceptions are if for an extenuating reason you absolutely had to stay in Canada, but this is rare and you'd need convincing evidence)

Thank you Bro. I'll work towards achieving a higher score this time in my IELTS result. Thanks for your contribution all through.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by saucepan: 8:50am On Jul 25, 2017
saucepan:
@ maziude, thank you. just used the WES service. it just showed me my degree equivalent not the grade equivalent.
Cheers.

ok, just got a link for the CGPA calculator but it needs grades from all courses as can be stated on a transcript. i dont have a transcript yet.

nevertheless, i am truly grateful @ Maziude at your quick response. any further advice will be most appreciated.

the school's ( university of ottawa) minimum requirement for canadians is B+, so what is B+ eqivalent in Msc grading system in nigeria?
thank you all.

good morning, pls i am still waiting for a response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Akinsu: 8:52am On Jul 25, 2017
You can go to the CID in ur state but they will still have to take it to Alalgbon on ur behalf but the cost may be higher
MrMarc:

Please how true is this info because i don't think people all over the country must come to Ikoyi to get a police cert.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CanadianNurse: 9:10am On Jul 25, 2017
MrMarc:

when you apply from the east and North they will charge you 10k upwards and still forward it to ikoyi... It will be processed in ikoyi and brought back to you..... I did mine for 25k in owerri and I still found out it was issued at alagbon
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eilenora: 9:15am On Jul 25, 2017
Hello Canadian Nurse.

Stanbic and GT both here in Lagos o

CanadianNurse:
1stly, at this juncture I suggest you submit your application and work on fulfilling the conditions of getting the letter of assurance, incase cic request for it... U might be lucky and they don't ask for it

But come to think of it

Which bank refused to give the letter? I would suggest you try bank branches in lagos around VI, or some other areas because they might be better informed than a bank branch in warri, or owerri

You know how Nigeria can be

Personally, I got my letter from sterling banks at Saka Tinubu Street Victoria Island
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Berylstanz: 9:29am On Jul 25, 2017
Goodmorning,

Should I book a return ticket?..as most people are saying I should..please I will like info on this and other flight info I should know.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Abiodunne: 9:33am On Jul 25, 2017
ARCHITECTs:
Hello Truce01 & the elders in Canny especially current students or alumni of Conestoga College, I will be resuming Conestoga by August for Fall session, and I am in dere need of shared-room accommodation around kitchener that affordable and close to campus/easy access to bus route. I have searched kijiji and other links the international office sent to me for off-campus residence but unfortunately, they are quite on higher side.
Also, I will like to connect with Conestoga peeps .......... kindly send email to showrin0501@yahoo.com
Please Help a brother cos its giving me sleepless night already. Thank u guys.

By God's grace I should also be in kitchener, Ontario . I will be resuming at the doon campus Conestoga College

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by likeababygirl: 9:49am On Jul 25, 2017
Berylstanz:
Goodmorning,

Should I book a return ticket?..as most people are saying I should..please I will like info on this and other flight info I should know.

Thanks
If you intend to come back to Nigeria within a year you can book a return ticket.
Do not book flights that you will need a transit visa for in the country where you will stop over. Well except you have the country's visa.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 9:57am On Jul 25, 2017
Good Morning guys,

Please I need everybody's help. I applied for my study permit with a conditional letter of acceptance (condition was getting my trv bfr July 15th) the school just sent me a mail cancelling my application with a caveat of offering me another seat as soon as I get my trv if there are available spaces left. There is also no option of deferral. I just checked CIC's website and I cannot change my DLI unless I'm enrolled in an institution. Please do you think this cancellation will affect my application .

P.s i have sent several mails to the school stating that my trv application is still within processing time so I should get a postponement on this decision but they are yet to reply. I also have another admission from another college which i deferred till January i want to know if i can change my DLI after I get my trv since i already applied with the aforementioned school.

@Austinpee4 , @Osemigho @canadiannurse pls help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by freshdude10: 10:04am On Jul 25, 2017
Good day guys.

Have been a silent follower of this thread for some time now. I have been skeptical applying for PhD as an MSc holder considering my cgpa before seeing WES post here. I went and input my grades on WES and got 3.24/4 as my equivalent GPA. The schools I see require 77% and 78% to apply.

Hope am good to go? Please Reply me gurus in the house let me start applying immediately.

Going for Chemical Engineering.

Experience guys should reply me please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maziude: 10:04am On Jul 25, 2017
saucepan:
@ maziude, thank you. just used the WES service. it just showed me my degree equivalent not the grade equivalent.
Cheers.

ok, just got a link for the CGPA calculator but it needs grades from all courses as can be stated on a transcript. i dont have a transcript yet.

nevertheless, i am truly grateful @ Maziude at your quick response. any further advice will be most appreciated.

the school's ( university of ottawa) minimum requirement for canadians is B+, so what is B+ eqivalent in Msc grading system in nigeria?
thank you all.

Hello boss,

Please check your academic unit webpage. There is a grade system equivalence for every country. Or if you can wait till tomorrow, I will check for you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 10:05am On Jul 25, 2017
Berylstanz:
Goodmorning,

Thanks
It's not a must u book return flight, to save cost and since you will be in Canada for around a year or more I will advise you book a one-way ticket to save cost

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Yomalicious(f): 10:06am On Jul 25, 2017
CanadianNurse:
when you apply from the east and North they will charge you 10k upwards and still forward it to ikoyi... It will be processed in ikoyi and brought back to you..... I did mine for 25k in owerri and I still found out it was issued at alagbon

It's can be issued only in alagbon because that is Interpol.

Cheers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by wealth360: 10:14am On Jul 25, 2017
Welcome back baba J. @Jnyuwa02. How far with Saskatchewan parole.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jnyuwa02: 10:15am On Jul 25, 2017
I appreciate the collective plea to unban me, a special kudos goes out to CanadianNurse. I want to give you my confidence that I will be very careful this time and make no utterances in the future that may be construed as inciting or supporting the submission of fraudulent document for visa applications. Because in truth I do not and as clean as a whistle myself. Happy to mingle with you guys again. Thanks for the update on @CaptainCanny. At least we have that litmus test done on that grey area. Thanks for been our sacrificial lamb. Praying that as you return to Nigeria and apply, it all shall end in praise for you and for everyone. Felicities!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jnyuwa02: 10:23am On Jul 25, 2017
wealth360:
Welcome back baba J. @Jnyuwa02. How far with Saskatchewan parole.

Thanks. I am applying July 31st in Abuja with upfront medicals. Been busy assembling all my docs. By some dint of luck, maybe my application will be approved in time for me to resume on September 6th. If not, my IRCC documents do expire until November 15th, meaning I am good to go anytime before then and the school is amicable to me resuming the session that starts in December. How is the arrangement and when are you leaving?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by spores99(m): 10:29am On Jul 25, 2017
maralina:
Good evening guys,
I sent an E-mail to IRCC concerning my application earlier today.. the mail was an indirect reminder to them..
they just replied now, saying that they'll attend to my application shortly..
I'm just hoping it will be positive

by his grace u shall be approved shortly.... please what email did you send your email to
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by spores99(m): 10:37am On Jul 25, 2017
PendD:
Good evening house,
a quick question. .....pls has anyone had a tracking ID that's ......CALASTU****1? and where is this gonna be processed since it's not bearing the Ghana code which looks like GHASTU****?

It appears the CALASTU applications are taking longer than the waiting periods. Pls, indicate if you have CALASTU application tracking code and have heard from IRCC feb/march/april/june applications (Online).

You can get this codes through the messages sent by vfs after biometrics.

mine also is CALASTU and I have not heard from them since after biometrics on May 2....Insha Allah anytime from now I will be attended to...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Yomalicious(f): 10:38am On Jul 25, 2017
jnyuwa02:
I appreciate the collective plea to unban me, a special kudos goes out to CanadianNurse. I want to give you my confidence that I will be very careful this time and make no utterances in the future that may be construed as inciting or supporting the submission of fraudulent document for visa applications. Because in truth I do not and as clean as a whistle myself. Happy to mingle with you guys again. Thanks for the update on @CaptainCanny. At least we have that litmus test done on that grey area. Thanks for been our sacrificial lamb. Praying that as you return to Nigeria and apply, it all shall end in praise for you and for everyone. Felicities!

Missed your posts. Welcome back
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by spores99(m): 10:43am On Jul 25, 2017
PendD:
Good evening house,
a quick question. .....pls has anyone had a tracking ID that's ......CALASTU****1? and where is this gonna be processed since it's not bearing the Ghana code which looks like GHASTU****?

It appears the CALASTU applications are taking longer than the waiting periods. Pls, indicate if you have CALASTU application tracking code and have heard from IRCC feb/march/april/june applications (Online).

You can get this codes through the messages sent by vfs after biometrics.

mine also his CALASTU not heard from them since after my biometrices
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by freshdude10: 10:44am On Jul 25, 2017
freshdude10:
Good day guys.

Have been a silent follower of this thread for some time now. I have been skeptical applying for PhD as an MSc holder considering my cgpa before seeing WES post here. I went and input my grades on WES and got 3.24/4 as my equivalent GPA. The schools I see require 77% and 78% to apply.

Hope am good to go? Please Reply me gurus in the house let me start applying immediately.

Going for Chemical Engineering.

Experience guys should reply me please.

@maziude, wealth360, Jnyuwa02 please reply me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Yomalicious(f): 10:45am On Jul 25, 2017
spores99:

mine also is CALASTU and I have not heard from them since after biometrics on May 2....Insha Allah anytime from now I will be attended to...

So as a researcher concerned
CALASTU is basically online apps being handled in Nigeria and they are still handling March and April

GHANSTU are paper apps and they are rounding up may applicant's.

Hmmmmmm

So I can like to draw up a conclusion from my findings that online apps takes longer basically.

Like I said am just a researcher.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CanadianNurse: 11:11am On Jul 25, 2017
Eilenora:
Hello Canadian Nurse.

Stanbic and GT both here in Lagos o

go to Zenith bank with that format I gave you! Or last last go to sterling bank at 50 saka tinubu Street adjacent to medplus... But make sure cic request for it before you get it... You can just go there and make enquiry incase cic ask for it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CanadianNurse: 11:13am On Jul 25, 2017
Yomalicious:

It's can be issued only in alagbon because that is Interpol.

Cheers
we are saying the same thing.... No matter where you go they will still take it to alagbon where the interpol unit seats
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CanadianNurse: 11:15am On Jul 25, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Yaaaaaaaaay welcome back bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.