Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,285 members, 7,811,838 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:58 PM

7 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria 2017 - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 7 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria 2017 (66220 Views)

Top 10 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria / Top Ten Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria By HigherEd / Ten Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria 2017 by Nobody: 8:22pm On Feb 25, 2017
Derawiz:

Why don't you speak for yourself instead of acting all brainless? I am in a prestigious federal university and I know the education I get there is quality.What other kind of education would I pay over #3million for in a new generation private uni?
Have you considered that what 20k is to you is what 3 million is to someone else. Some of the private school pips would spend the equivalent of their school fee in just one night club. It is like telling fayose that he is stupid for sending his son to CU whereas just an ordinary Apple laptop that some of them use in school is more expensive than d school fees. So what u think is so big is so small to some ppl.

3 Likes

Re: 7 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria 2017 by Catastrophe: 8:26pm On Feb 25, 2017
Statsocial:

Age babalola uni is a secular university and not church owned so I don't know what point u are trying to make. Secondly, I know for a fact that both Afe Babalola and CU at not profit making.
it's a non profit organisation simply because the man never pay the loan he take build the school finish
Re: 7 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria 2017 by mikkypel(m): 8:28pm On Feb 25, 2017
Put Kwara State University oooooo... That skul ehn
Re: 7 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria 2017 by Orpe7(m): 8:30pm On Feb 25, 2017
Gather the 4years money go start business even if u go d uni job isnt guaranteed
Re: 7 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria 2017 by dotun365: 8:30pm On Feb 25, 2017
ayatt:
most of them are no match to our public universities.
name them

unilag
uni ilorin
UI
OAU
ABU

the list is endless!!
it's only a matter of time I give it 3 more years and any covenant or Babcock university graduate would stand better chances at whatever than students from the schools you mentioned. Which are feeding on a lot of past glory except the Govt seat up and fund those schools properly

2 Likes

Re: 7 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria 2017 by ezewealth(m): 8:30pm On Feb 25, 2017
DrayZee:

Do it then. Nobody is holding you!
You pay more for quality...

So because they are managed by churches, they should be free?
Are you the one who will pay the lecturers?
Will you pay the cleaners and all other non academic staff?
Will you pay their electricity bills?
Will you buy and maintain all the school equipment?

Did you even make use of your brain when you were typing this?
My guy tell am o, sometimes I tire for people's reasoning

2 Likes

Re: 7 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria 2017 by Nobody: 8:32pm On Feb 25, 2017
Catastrophe:
it's a non profit organisation simply because the man never pay the loan he take build the school finish

Lol that's certainly not the way to define "not for profit". That a man is NOT yet making profit doesn't mean he does not intend to make profit. So are you telling me that all companies built with loans are not for profit. Afe Babalola has spent 78 billion naira on ABUAD and the university simply charges to sustain the university just as Covenant uni and the rest.
Re: 7 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria 2017 by bezimo(m): 8:33pm On Feb 25, 2017
Freewoman:
MY WORRIES REMAIN THAT THEY WERE OWN AND MANAGED BY CHURCHES, THEY SUPPOSED TO BE ALMOST FREE BUT NOT, YOU SEE WHY NIGERIAN GOVT WANT THEM TO PAY TAXES AND SOME IDIOTS ARE SHOUTING THEIR HEADS OUT, WHAT A PITY FOR THOSE THAT PAYS TITHS IN THOSE TYPE OF CHURCHES ............... WHAT A PITY,

Since you dont pay tithe your opinion is senselessly irrelevant. The folks who pay the tithe dont need you to tell them garbage.
So because its managed by churches it should be free, because the Profs and staff of those Universities are volunteering.Right?
Oral Robert University founded by a church in the USA.Is it free?
You want to tax church managed schools, you should also say they should tax churches too, because the church is owing the Govt.Smh..

3 Likes

Re: 7 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria 2017 by AlphaStyles(m): 8:40pm On Feb 25, 2017
PERFECT2:
Nice school. It's only those with poverty mentality that will criticize. When others were making money by any means, where ya Papa dey?
Going to schools like this is optional. There are other schools that you can go and still become great in ur field. So, there is no need criticizing. IF YOU CAN'T BEAT THEM, YOU LEAVE THEM.
see ya mouth. tell me no be d same cert both go collect by d end?
Re: 7 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria 2017 by Nobody: 8:41pm On Feb 25, 2017
DrayZee:

So because they are managed by churches, they should be free?
Are you the one who will pay the lecturers?
Will you pay the cleaners and all other non academic staff?
Will you pay their electricity bills?
Will you buy and maintain all the school equipment?

Did you even make use of your brain when you were typing this?

I take God beg you, abeg stop that thing about quality... Quali-what? I worked in one of the private universities at the college of health sciences for years. And I can tell you categorically that there is no such thing as quality in those private walls of the private universities. The fact that the students pay so much makes it impossible for lecturers to assess them objectively. In fact, the management of the institutions oftentimes overturn the senate's decision with respect to results, and awards blanket marks to student. And guess their excuse:....the fact that students pay so much.

They bribe their ways through accreditations, and the fact that they usually do not want to pay quality salaries means they find it difficult to attract the best brains in the academia. They are a dumping ground for tired and retired lecturers and administrative officers... In fact, as an employer I would more gladly offer positions to second class lower graduates of OAU, UI, Unilag, Lasu, UniIlorin, FedPoly Ado etc than 5.0 first class graduates of any of those private universities. No matter how wealthy I am, I will prefer my children to attend public universities which actually equip them with the much needed survival skills and where they actually get trained and rated based on their actual performances and not based on how much they paid in fees.

Private university education in Nigeria, for now is a big joke. Most students are in private universities because they cannot compete favourably enough to survive at the public institutions.

5 Likes

Re: 7 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria 2017 by Nobody: 8:41pm On Feb 25, 2017
bezimo:

Since you dont pay tithe your opinion is senseslessly irrelevant. The folks who pay the tithe dont need you to tell them garbage.
So because its managed by churches it should be free, because the Profs and staff of those Universities are volunteering.Right?
Oral Robert University founded by a church in the USA.Is it free?
You want to tax church managed schools, you should also say they should tax churches too, because the church is owing the Govt.Smh..

Thank you. The issue is that many of our people are not enlightened. Ppl are so quick to compare Oil&tax funded universities with privately owned ones. And I would kp asking them; if Oyo n Osun couldn't fund just one university with Oil and tax money how then do they expect Church to do so.

1 Like

Re: 7 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria 2017 by sniperr007(m): 8:42pm On Feb 25, 2017
@op. Do a better research before u post rubbish.
They are more expensive universities than the above mentioned. Eg Baze & Turkish

2 Likes

Re: 7 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria 2017 by AlphaStyles(m): 8:45pm On Feb 25, 2017
churches nowadays don't know God only money. if you like critize me. The God I know wouldn't build a skul were only the rich can go. The God I know see's people equal no matter your status. all this skuls that are built ordinary church member can not enroll his or her child in such skuls after pastors will come to me and say pay tithe. mtchew
Re: 7 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria 2017 by Nobody: 8:49pm On Feb 25, 2017
bizme:

I take God beg you, abeg stop that thing about quality... Quali-what? I worked in one of the private universities at the college of health sciences for years. And I can tell you categorically that there is no such thing as quality in those private walls of the private universities. The fact that the students pay so much makes it impossible for lecturers to assess them objectively. In fact, the management of the institutions oftentimes overturn the senate's decision with respect to results, and awards blanket marks to student. And guess their excuse:....the fact that students pay so much.

They bribe their ways through accreditations, and the fact that they usually do not want to pay quality salaries means they find it difficult to attract the best brains in the academia. They are a dumping ground for tired and retired lecturers and administrative officers... In fact, as an employer I would more gladly offer positions to second class lower graduates of OAU, UI, Unilag, Lasu, UniIlorin, FedPoly Ado etc than 5.0 first class graduates of any of those private universities. No matter how wealthy I am, I will prefer my children to attend public universities which actually equip them with the much needed survival skills and where they actually get trained and rated based on their actual performances and not based on how much they paid in fees.

Private university education in Nigeria, for now is a big joke. Most students are in private universities because they cannot compete favourably enough to survive at the public institutions.
Lol really, yet a private university has the highest number of researchers in Nigeria. Go on research gate now and compare the value of CU's research work with that of UI or OAU and lets see which one is more valuable to global academia or you can just open up webometrics and see ABUAD created in 2011 as d 15 best uni in Nigeria, or are u telling me webometrics was bribed now? You can Infact just check this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/3645076/10-reasons-why-federal-universities

1 Like

Re: 7 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria 2017 by Abalado(f): 8:54pm On Feb 25, 2017
Jeeeeeesu,oga o..am paying 65k in my schl and am stil owing d schl more than 3sessions schl,this life gan self...

2 Likes

Re: 7 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria 2017 by Nobody: 8:55pm On Feb 25, 2017
bizme:

Let me just compare Covenant university and OAU research work so u can be enlightened.
1) Covenant university(with a high research read of 10 thousand even though prof Loto published the paper in Oct 2016)
2) OAU(with an embarrassing 222 reads, the paper was published in 2006)
3) UI(with another disgracing 600 reads) grin

Note on research work Covenant uni is currently leading the entire continent of Africa for this month so u ppl should not go n commit suicide when CU becomes top 4 in Africa by Sept this year on webometrics n THE)

Re: 7 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria 2017 by DrayZee: 8:57pm On Feb 25, 2017
bizme:

I really don't care where you worked or which employer you're talking about here. Because you worked in a corruption ridden environment doesn't mean every other place is the same.
Anybody who would offer positions to second class from public uni's over a first class from private, based on university alone needs to have his brain examined.
To such a person, it means no private university can produce any good graduate.

Stupidity at it's finest. And you're here rejoicing over such nonsense.

5 Likes

Re: 7 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria 2017 by Nobody: 8:57pm On Feb 25, 2017
[quote author=DrayZee post=54055898]
[/quote what quality are u talking about. how many of their students have invented something? try get sense. I shook my head when I asked of of these so called private school student to define a governor for me. governor is a topic in engineering mechanics of machines. he couldn't give me answer, yet, he's is in 300l.
Re: 7 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria 2017 by jhenie(f): 8:59pm On Feb 25, 2017
I don't know why madonna university wasn't mentioned. Its school fees ranges within 350,000-1,500,000.
Re: 7 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria 2017 by Catastrophe: 8:59pm On Feb 25, 2017
bizme:

Standards @ Abuad I rlly high though can't lie even though u bribe ur way in almost evrything cuz I tell u students barely pass. But the intelligent ones are intelligent!
Re: 7 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria 2017 by Madeu(m): 8:59pm On Feb 25, 2017
Derawiz:
I hope the certificates are made of golden plate with a sure oil and gas job after graduation, if I not I would save my money, enroll my ward in a reputable federal uni and open a multi millionaire business for my child after graduation

Some Naija parents earn 2-5millions per month that is about 24-60million per annum. So spending 500-850k in an academic session for one's precious child is a drop in the ocean. You don't have to teach them how to spend their hard earn money.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria 2017 by DrayZee: 9:03pm On Feb 25, 2017
[quote author=wizzakosh post=54057942][/quote]
How many of their students have invented something? Do you know what a patent is? Check those of Covenant university students alone and you'll definitely be shocked. You just swallow whatever rubbish the Internet feeds you, and come here to spew it out, thinking you know something.
And how many public school students did you ask that question?
You asked just one person from a particular school and used it to judge all the private universities in Nigeria. You see how you reason?

Re: 7 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria 2017 by Nobody: 9:05pm On Feb 25, 2017
Madeu:

Some Naija parents earn 2-5millions per month that is about 22-60million per annum. So spending 500-850k in an academic session for one's precious child is a drop in the ocean. You don't have to teach them how to spend their hard earn money.
Leave them they think everyone is struggling to pay.
Re: 7 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria 2017 by Derawiz(m): 9:09pm On Feb 25, 2017
teebaxy:
u are still a kid if not u won't have insulted me, maybe u actually worship poverty....You are in prestigious federal University shocked

Could you stop quoting me? I'm not in the mood to dig your post searching for something sensible which I can already tell isn't present.Could you just let me and my opinion be?
Re: 7 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria 2017 by PrickGetSize(m): 9:11pm On Feb 25, 2017
What of LASU? shocked
Re: 7 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria 2017 by Catastrophe: 9:12pm On Feb 25, 2017
curvilicious:
American uni of Nigeria tho the name wants to make me puke.
Where is Redeemer's, Madonna?
At d end of the day na dullards dem dey produce
cry
Madonna is from 200-1M I think!
Re: 7 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria 2017 by Nobody: 9:18pm On Feb 25, 2017
Freewoman:
MY WORRIES REMAIN THAT THEY WERE OWN AND MANAGED BY CHURCHES, THEY SUPPOSED TO BE ALMOST FREE BUT NOT, YOU SEE WHY NIGERIAN GOVT WANT THEM TO PAY TAXES AND SOME IDIOTS ARE SHOUTING THEIR HEADS OUT, WHAT A PITY FOR THOSE THAT PAYS TITHS IN THOSE TYPE OF CHURCHES ............... WHAT A PITY,
If u don't pay tiths its ur business ur complain is just human nature.There is notin free no earth except ur salvation.
Re: 7 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria 2017 by Nobody: 9:21pm On Feb 25, 2017
Wooww.. My skul is among listed
Re: 7 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria 2017 by Madeu(m): 9:21pm On Feb 25, 2017
Statsocial:

Leave them they think everyone is struggling to pay.

It's best to leave this Private University bashing thread alone. Private University is not up-to 20years old, yet it is been compared with already established University. it is a shame to do that. That shows Private university is moving on the right path. Giving Public University a stiff competition. Hence the senseless rivalry.

What they failed to understand is how Public infrastructures in Nigeria are badly managed thus Private enterprise over the past 30years has been the driving force in our economy.

They failed to look at the shambolic nature of Federal/state owned primary and secondary schools whereby middle-class parents don't give it a thought to enrol their ward.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria 2017 by Bucacious: 9:23pm On Feb 25, 2017
Freewoman:

If u are a Xtian, how much tithe have u paid urself that can run a university. Ppl just sit down in their houses and type wateva once church is mentioned. Pls give us an example of any Christian or Islamic university around the world that is free. Its not by force to send ur children to these universities. Mind u,I am not a member of any of these churches that own universities so u can say wateva.

3 Likes

Re: 7 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria 2017 by Nobody: 9:28pm On Feb 25, 2017
Freewoman:

You surely need a brain reset! A dirty slap will most likely do the needed action. So you don't know they are two different entities? I pity the future of Nigeria if the youth of today cannot reason logically
Re: 7 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria 2017 by Snowstorm: 9:28pm On Feb 25, 2017
bizme:

Poor reasoning..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ugandan Lecturer, Nyanzi, Strips Unclad To Protest Eviction (video, Photos) / How To Perfectly Choose Subjects For SSCE / WAEC Exam / Father Beats His Daughter's Boyfriend In UNIZIK For Being Abusive - See Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.