Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,294 members, 7,811,882 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:11 PM

7 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria 2017 - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 7 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria 2017 (66222 Views)

Top 10 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria / Top Ten Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria By HigherEd / Ten Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria 2017 by Philadelphia: 9:28pm On Feb 25, 2017
mykelmeezy:

https://www.naij.com/1090289-7-expensive-universities-nigeria-2017.html

Op. You're not totally right. Babcock has the highest fees. Fees for school of medicine is 3m per session.

1 Like

Re: 7 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria 2017 by Nobody: 9:28pm On Feb 25, 2017
DrayZee:

How many of their students have invented something? Do you know what a patent is? Check those of Covenant university students alone and you'll definitely be shocked. You just swallow whatever rubbish the Internet feeds you, and come here to spew it out, thinking you know something.
And how many public school students did you ask that question?
You asked just one person from a particular school and used it to judge all the private universities in Nigeria. You see how you reason?
are you asking me if I know what patent is hahahaha. let me tell you, I did patent and invention while in final year first semester in school. I have met so many and am sure av not bin impressed. am not talking about how much they pay. if you have your money, you can pay it. it is your money, am not concern with that. what am saying is the quality of education. u said I ask in and used it to judge. but I can tell u, I met a lot during my IT, I was the one teaching them most of the things there, not until another guy came from ui, that u was relieved. I now wondered what they teach them in the so called private school. to me, I will rather send my kid abroad to school than all this private university. I convinced my brother to send his son abroad to school when he wanted to send him to Nigeria private school. am glad he yielded to it. private school here is shit.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria 2017 by Nobody: 9:29pm On Feb 25, 2017
Comparing public universities to private universities is like comparing LTV to Channels, Nitel to MTN, FIIRO to IITA. Obviously private universities will take over. CU alone is the youngest university in top 50 Africa, ABUA was created in2011 and is currently the 15th best uni in Naija. U all shld find something else to go hate on.

1 Like

Re: 7 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria 2017 by OMAP1(m): 9:30pm On Feb 25, 2017
christm386:
LET NOBODY BLAME ME IF I BECOME AN ATHEIST. even wen built with member's hard earned money. Mtchwwwwww
If like be goat na

2 Likes

Re: 7 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria 2017 by Nobody: 9:37pm On Feb 25, 2017
Derawiz:
I hope the certificates are made of golden plate with a sure oil and gas job after graduation, if mentality! I not I would save my money, enroll my ward in a reputable federal uni and open a multi millionaire business for my child after graduation

See poverty mentality! You can't even afford it, when you grow up, send your daughter to IBBU- your Alma mater, I G Yusuf is waiting to fvck her mercilessly

1 Like

Re: 7 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria 2017 by Nobody: 9:38pm On Feb 25, 2017
Statsocial:
Comparing public universities to private universities is like comparing LTV to Channels, Nitel to MTN, FIIRO to IITA. Obviously private universities will take over. CU alone is the youngest university in top 50 Africa, ABUA was created in2011 and is currently the 15th best uni in Naija. U all shld find something else to go hate on.
keep deceiving yourself.
Re: 7 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria 2017 by sirlop(m): 9:41pm On Feb 25, 2017
ThugCheetah:
my sister u are not well
I am d one telling you
U are not well grin
Na u wey no well.
Re: 7 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria 2017 by Catastrophe: 9:50pm On Feb 25, 2017
>

2 Likes

Re: 7 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria 2017 by Nobody: 9:54pm On Feb 25, 2017
Freewoman:
MY WORRIES REMAIN THAT THEY WERE OWN AND MANAGED BY CHURCHES, THEY SUPPOSED TO BE ALMOST FREE BUT NOT, YOU SEE WHY NIGERIAN GOVT WANT THEM TO PAY TAXES AND SOME IDIOTS ARE SHOUTING THEIR HEADS OUT, WHAT A PITY FOR THOSE THAT PAYS TITHS IN THOSE TYPE OF CHURCHES ............... WHAT A PITY,
u talk too much. is it air they will use to cover the operating cost of unis owned by churches? or how do u expect them to pay salaries if the school fees are almost free? consider pros and cons b4 u talk

2 Likes

Re: 7 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria 2017 by ifeco4(m): 9:56pm On Feb 25, 2017
Re: 7 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria 2017 by blont(m): 10:03pm On Feb 25, 2017
i have two cousin graduate frm d so called Igbinedion University and yet no job.
Re: 7 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria 2017 by mayorwah98(m): 10:04pm On Feb 25, 2017
PERFECT2:
Nice school. It's only those with poverty mentality that will criticize. When others were making money by any means, where ya Papa dey?
Going to schools like this is optional. There are other schools that you can go and still become great in ur field. So, there is no need criticizing. IF YOU CAN'T BEAT THEM, YOU LEAVE THEM.
Bro you spoke my mind. God bless you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria 2017 by Nobody: 10:05pm On Feb 25, 2017
DrayZee:

I really don't care where you worked or which employer you're talking about here. Because you worked in a corruption ridden environment doesn't mean every other place is the same.
Anybody who would offer positions to second class from public uni's over a first class from private, based on university alone needs to have his brain examined.
To such a person, it means no private university can produce any good graduate.

Stupidity at it's finest. And you're here rejoicing over such nonsense.

You're really not better educated than the illiterate president that we have in this country.
I have personally supervised master thesis of first class students from one of the most expensive private universities in this country, their colleges of medicine and sciences. And I can tell you point blank that those students are not much better than you with respect to how competently they grasp concepts or are trainable.

If you don't have any experience with these things, simply keep your mouth shut. And learn.
Re: 7 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria 2017 by mayorwah98(m): 10:06pm On Feb 25, 2017
curvilicious:
American uni of Nigeria tho the name wants to make me puke.
Where is Redeemer's, Madonna?
At d end of the day na dullards dem dey produce
cry
Abi You go just dey there dey hate.. Wise man
Re: 7 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria 2017 by Nobody: 10:08pm On Feb 25, 2017
Catastrophe:

Standards @ Abuad I rlly high though can't lie even though u bribe ur way in almost evrything cuz I tell u students barely pass. But the intelligent ones are intelligent!

I have lectured at Abuad for a number of years, and I agree that there are some bright students there. But those are the exceptions. A large majority of them don't have business being in the university, the more reason why they prefer to indulge in so much drugs rather than attend their mind to learning.

If there is any private university in this country that I have a modicum of respect for, it is Covenant university. All other ones, they are simply a joke.

3 Likes

Re: 7 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria 2017 by Nobody: 10:12pm On Feb 25, 2017
bizme:

I take God beg you, abeg stop that thing about quality... Quali-what? I worked in one of the private universities at the college of health sciences for years. And I can tell you categorically that there is no such thing as quality in those private walls of the private universities. The fact that the students pay so much makes it impossible for lecturers to assess them objectively. In fact, the management of the institutions oftentimes overturn the senate's decision with respect to results, and awards blanket marks to student. And guess their excuse:....the fact that students pay so much.

They bribe their ways through accreditations, and the fact that they usually do not want to pay quality salaries means they find it difficult to attract the best brains in the academia. They are a dumping ground for tired and retired lecturers and administrative officers... In fact, as an employer I would more gladly offer positions to second class lower graduates of OAU, UI, Unilag, Lasu, UniIlorin, FedPoly Ado etc than 5.0 first class graduates of any of those private universities. No matter how wealthy I am, I will prefer my children to attend public universities which actually equip them with the much needed survival skills and where they actually get trained and rated based on their actual performances and not based on how much they paid in fees.

Private university education in Nigeria, for now is a big joke. Most students are in private universities because they cannot compete favourably enough to survive at the public institutions.
baba ur assertion is pointless and meaningless. what u wrote up there is akin to saying u bought a tecno phone, it develops fault after you took it home and its unable to boot, you therefore conclude that all tecno phones are bad, unreliable and defective. thats just how wat u wrote sounds. The fact that u worked in one private uni with the attributes u mentioned doesnt mean all private uni's possess such attributes. until u work for all the private uni's in nigeria before u havr the right to come up with that assertion. u said private uni's dont spend money on their lecturers right? so how come a particular one i know spends huge amount of money on visiting lecturers from public universities?

3 Likes

Re: 7 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria 2017 by Catastrophe: 10:12pm On Feb 25, 2017

1 Like

Re: 7 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria 2017 by delpee(f): 10:19pm On Feb 25, 2017
bizme:

I take God beg you, abeg stop that thing about quality... Quali-what? I worked in one of the private universities at the college of health sciences for years. And I can tell you categorically that there is no such thing as quality in those private walls of the private universities. The fact that the students pay so much makes it impossible for lecturers to assess them objectively. In fact, the management of the institutions oftentimes overturn the senate's decision with respect to results, and awards blanket marks to student. And guess their excuse:....the fact that students pay so much.

They bribe their ways through accreditations, and the fact that they usually do not want to pay quality salaries means they find it difficult to attract the best brains in the academia. They are a dumping ground for tired and retired lecturers and administrative officers... In fact, as an employer I would more gladly offer positions to second class lower graduates of OAU, UI, Unilag, Lasu, UniIlorin, FedPoly Ado etc than 5.0 first class graduates of any of those private universities. No matter how wealthy I am, I will prefer my children to attend public universities which actually equip them with the much needed survival skills and where they actually get trained and rated based on their actual performances and not based on how much they paid in fees.

Private university education in Nigeria, for now is a big joke. Most students are in private universities because they cannot compete favourably enough to survive at the public institutions.

Really? Yet those that you think "cannot compete favourably" are passing professional/ certification exams (including foreign ones) in record time.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria 2017 by Catastrophe: 10:19pm On Feb 25, 2017
/
Re: 7 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria 2017 by blont(m): 10:20pm On Feb 25, 2017
divicoded:

See poverty mentality! You can't even afford it, when you grow up, send your daughter to IBBU- your Alma mater, I G Yusuf is waiting to fvck her mercilessly
whats d big deal, why place huge amount of money on school fees when u cant have a job at the end of ur study? where is igbinedion university in top ranking of universities in africa? even with their result, u need to go for a second degree b4 getin a chance to work oversea...
Re: 7 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria 2017 by mayorwah98(m): 10:21pm On Feb 25, 2017
prettyboi1989:

baba ur assertion is pointless and meaningless. what u wrote up there is akin to saying u bought a tecno phone, it develops fault after you took it home and its unable to boot, you therefore conclude that all tecno phones are bad, unreliable and defective. thats just how wat u wrote sounds. The fact that u worked in one private uni with the attributes u mentioned doesnt mean all private uni's possess such attributes. until u work for all the private uni's in nigeria before u havr the right to come up with that assertion. u said private uni's dont spend money on their lecturers right? so how come a particular one i know spends huge amount of money on visiting lecturers from public universities?
God bless you. Your head dey there
Re: 7 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria 2017 by babatee126(m): 10:21pm On Feb 25, 2017
See how I dey looking
Re: 7 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria 2017 by Nobody: 10:22pm On Feb 25, 2017
Hahahaha.

So na my school dey top list grin
Der fada cheesy

#irep-IUO grin
#Team igbinedion
#Team classy grin
Re: 7 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria 2017 by mayorwah98(m): 10:23pm On Feb 25, 2017
bizme:

What a senseless post. Envy is not good ooo.

1 Like

Re: 7 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria 2017 by senitorspeaker(m): 10:25pm On Feb 25, 2017
Na lie were is madonna university in d list?? Med, law, pharmacy, engr, nursing ..... Hmmm dem mony na die some wen dey here dey learn
Re: 7 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria 2017 by eyinjuege: 10:26pm On Feb 25, 2017
Freewoman:
MY WORRIES REMAIN THAT THEY WERE OWN AND MANAGED BY CHURCHES, THEY SUPPOSED TO BE ALMOST FREE BUT NOT, YOU SEE WHY NIGERIAN GOVT WANT THEM TO PAY TAXES AND SOME IDIOTS ARE SHOUTING THEIR HEADS OUT, WHAT A PITY FOR THOSE THAT PAYS TITHS IN THOSE TYPE OF CHURCHES ............... WHAT A PITY,

Tithes cannot sustain those schools. Don't deceive yourself about that.

An example is the pepper seller paying a tithe of 10K per month with 4 children that want to go to the university. The 120K she pays as tithe per year, is it enough to pay the school fees of one child talkless of the four of them?
So why do you think tithes can sustain these schools? Let us be realistic and logical about these things please.
Some of the churches give scholarships to indigent deserving students. That is brilliant children who are poor. That is the way of scholarships everywhere anyway, except for few who get scholarships for their sporting prowess.
Education is expensive. Don't be deceived by the public schools who are subsidised by the govt. They don't pay running costs of labour, and still get funding from the govt despite the businesses owned by the schools.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria 2017 by mykelmeezy: 10:26pm On Feb 25, 2017
obembet:
U upload the picture of university of Ibadan and it's not among the expensive school u mentioned

comman beat me na...im in my house. cheesy
Re: 7 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria 2017 by eDeity: 10:27pm On Feb 25, 2017
Catastrophe:

That is what you think o! I swear most students are there today simply because they cannot gain admission into public schools and their parents know so they don't even want them to stress themselves, another reason for the guys is that their parents don't want them leaving the school whenever they like so as not to go join cult or something cause they know that if they let their kids go to public schools where there are alot of hustlers they won't just join cult but will be leaders and I swear will beat TuBaba record cause those students can boast OMG everybody (almost) doing high class especially @ Igbenedion and ABUAD.. Yet 60% soak garri. When I was there same thing, room mates o, other people too.. Simply because parents put their kids in a very expensive school and don't give them enough money and resources thats why the crime rate is so high ehn they steal not just per day but per hour Laptops, Phones, Macs, even a student @ ABUAD was caught stealing with Juju even the girls steal also @ the so called "religious Convent University." I nvr learned to sleep with one eye closed but as I enter private school hmmmmm u fit sleep yet nor close ur eyes urn roomie fit dey talk for one hour bot knowing say u don go. And also the rate of drugs is those schools slf in another thing lemmi not even go dere e go surprise u how students manage to smuggle hookah's enter schools, codine etc and am not talking of just guys its a 50/50. And finally in every private school, the poplulation of girls is almost more simply because parents want their daughters to be safely away from guys because they either know they are docile or the other thing. And yet they don't know that because girls can't enter boys hostel (not at Igbenedion though) doesn't mean that they don't run the sex stuff. Yes they do infact in first week self. Convenant is tighter than Abuad though. In Abuad they do it at the field, college buildings and classes, uncompleted buildings etc @ Convenant behind college buildings too, cafeteria and more. The dean of students affairs {Mr. Azubuike A.K.A Azu} will even wear face cap and dress like normal students just to catch students kissing in the cafeteria or doing other stuffs.. So thats it and there are many other reasons but don't think it's everyone there that is more fortunate than you are. Read more @
http://omotosoalex..com.ng/2016/01/dear-abuad-students.html#more
http://omotosoalex..com.ng/2016/01/abuad-ghost-writer-gets-epic-reply-from.html#more
http://omotosoalex..com.ng/2016/10/strictly-for-abuad-students.html#more
https://www.nairaland.com/2035300/100-level-covenant-university-student/1
http://pulse.ng/student/covenant-university-cctv-films-m-sc-student-having-sex-with-fresher-expelled-alongside-2-others-caught-with-porn-id3562243.html
https://www.nairaland.com/2189622/3-covenant-university-students-expelled
Lol na only me you wrote this long note and still no reach you, you add links join "to read more" bros Nawao. You know whether I Don chop?

1 Like

Re: 7 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria 2017 by Jerryojozy(m): 10:42pm On Feb 25, 2017
With my 2.1 from fed uni, I can challenge any first class from these universities in my field.

Genius J
Re: 7 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria 2017 by Nobody: 10:45pm On Feb 25, 2017
Catastrophe:

That is what you think o! I swear most students are there today simply because they cannot gain admission into public schools and their parents know so they don't even want them to stress themselves, another reason for the guys is that their parents don't want them leaving the school whenever they like so as not to go join cult or something cause they know that if they let their kids go to public schools where there are alot of hustlers they won't just join cult but will be leaders and I swear will beat TuBaba record cause those students can boast OMG everybody (almost) doing high class especially @ Igbenedion and ABUAD.. Yet 60% soak garri. When I was there same thing, room mates o, other people too.. Simply because parents put their kids in a very expensive school and don't give them enough money and resources thats why the crime rate is so high ehn they steal not just per day but per hour Laptops, Phones, Macs, even a student @ ABUAD was caught stealing with Juju even the girls steal also @ the so called "religious Convent University." I nvr learned to sleep with one eye closed but as I enter private school hmmmmm u fit sleep yet nor close ur eyes urn roomie fit dey talk for one hour bot knowing say u don go. And also the rate of drugs is those schools slf in another thing lemmi not even go dere e go surprise u how students manage to smuggle hookah's enter schools, codine etc and am not talking of just guys its a 50/50. And finally in every private school, the poplulation of girls is almost more simply because parents want their daughters to be safely away from guys because they either know they are docile or the other thing. And yet they don't know that because girls can't enter boys hostel (not at Igbenedion though) doesn't mean that they don't run the sex stuff. Yes they do infact in first week self. Convenant is tighter than Abuad though. In Abuad they do it at the field, college buildings and classes, uncompleted buildings etc @ Convenant behind college buildings too, cafeteria and more. The dean of students affairs {Mr. Azubuike A.K.A Azu} will even wear face cap and dress like normal students just to catch students kissing in the cafeteria or doing other stuffs.. So thats it and there are many other reasons but don't think it's everyone there that is more fortunate than you are.
Finally here is someone that understands perfectly what is going on.
@The bold. I was involved in students recruitment for Medicine and Health Sciences at this particular university, traveling around the country for the open days. Students with no more than 200 in UTME are routinely given admission into Medicine and Surgery, even those below 190, once you are well connected. In fact, Obasanjo had once pushed for the admission of student who never offered Chemistry into Medicine and Surgery. And the student was almost admitted if reason had not eventually prevailed.

With 270 in UTME you are not likely to get a spot in Medicine and Surgery in schools like OAU, UI, UNILAG, etc.... Compare the gap in implied intelligence quotient... a school that admits 200 and below for Medicine and the ones that take nothing below 280, and some still believe you can compare the quality of products for the two sets of school! Some of you guys amaze me the way you think.

You simply cannot compare the products. Plus, most students in private universities have no motivation to study. They are in school because daddy and mummy refused to send them abroad, and they continue sulking all day long. Class attendance isn't their thing, while they love to party, do drugs and have sex in gutters and in open fields. ... You can only understand what I'm saying if you have worked or schooled in these institutions.

In summary, big money does not buy you quality education, it only gives your folks and you something to gloat about. At the end of the day, most of the products are so ill-trained that they have little to offer to national development.

I didn't say this out of spite, but as honestly as I have observed things. And yes, I have had running battles trying to encourage the management of the school to prioritize merit and discipline instead of celebrating insignificant and spurious achievements like a student graduating with CGPA 5.0 in Geology. Geology, 5.0??! Can you believe that?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria 2017 by Nobody: 10:49pm On Feb 25, 2017
Catastrophe:

That is what you think o! I swear most students are there today simply because they cannot gain admission into public schools and their parents know so they don't even want them to stress themselves, another reason for the guys is that their parents don't want them leaving the school whenever they like so as not to go join cult or something cause they know that if they let their kids go to public schools where there are alot of hustlers they won't just join cult but will be leaders and I swear will beat TuBaba record cause those students can boast OMG everybody (almost) doing high class especially @ Igbenedion and ABUAD.. Yet 60% soak garri. When I was there same thing, room mates o, other people too.. Simply because parents put their kids in a very expensive school and don't give them enough money and resources thats why the crime rate is so high ehn they steal not just per day but per hour Laptops, Phones, Macs, even a student @ ABUAD was caught stealing with Juju even the girls steal also @ the so called "religious Convent University." I nvr learned to sleep with one eye closed but as I enter private school hmmmmm u fit sleep yet nor close ur eyes urn roomie fit dey talk for one hour bot knowing say u don go. And also the rate of drugs is those schools slf in another thing lemmi not even go dere e go surprise u how students manage to smuggle hookah's enter schools, codine etc and am not talking of just guys its a 50/50. And finally in every private school, the poplulation of girls is almost more simply because parents want their daughters to be safely away from guys because they either know they are docile or the other thing. And yet they don't know that because girls can't enter boys hostel (not at Igbenedion though) doesn't mean that they don't run the sex stuff. Yes they do infact in first week self. Convenant is tighter than Abuad though. In Abuad they do it at the field, college buildings and classes, uncompleted buildings etc @ Convenant behind college buildings too, cafeteria and more. The dean of students affairs {Mr. Azubuike A.K.A Azu} will even wear face cap and dress like normal students just to catch students kissing in the cafeteria or doing other stuffs.. So thats it and there are many other reasons but don't think it's everyone there that is more fortunate than you are.
Stop being an approval addict by sharing this crap repeatedly.

1 Like

Re: 7 Most Expensive Universities In Nigeria 2017 by Nobody: 10:54pm On Feb 25, 2017
Statsocial:

Let me just compare Covenant university and OAU research work so u can be enlightened.
1) Covenant university(with a high research read of 10 thousand even though prof Loto published the paper in Oct 2016)
2) OAU(with an embarrassing 222 reads, the paper was published in 2006)
3) UI(with another disgracing 600 reads) grin

Note on research work Covenant uni is currently leading the entire continent of Africa for this month so u ppl should not go n commit suicide when CU becomes top 4 in Africa by Sept this year on webometrics n THE)

Ahahahahahahah, RG score...really!?
You're such a clown.
If you know how those scores were obtained, you would cover your mouth in shame for having spoken out of turn like an slowpoke that you are. Private universities (that I will not mention here right now) actually made it a law for every staff to visit the institution websites and click a number of times per day just to have deceitfully inflated traffic and reads. In fact one such university was dishing out up to half a million naira to the staff with the highest number of visit to institution's website. Schools like OAU and UI, Unilag, Unilorin are not taken up with such deceit.
That, is for a fact. And I don't need to say more right now.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ugandan Lecturer, Nyanzi, Strips Unclad To Protest Eviction (video, Photos) / How To Perfectly Choose Subjects For SSCE / WAEC Exam / Father Beats His Daughter's Boyfriend In UNIZIK For Being Abusive - See Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.