Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,757 members, 7,865,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 09:09 AM

The Dirty Little Secret In Most Relationships - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Dirty Little Secret In Most Relationships (896 Views)

The Dirty Secrets About Every Runs Girl / Men Lose And Women Rule In Most Relationships / This One Little Secret Could Save You From Heart Breaks This 2022 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Dirty Little Secret In Most Relationships by Chizgold: 6:18am On Feb 26, 2017
I ended my last relationship because of sex.

But that’s not what I told my boyfriend about why I wanted to split up. I told him other things that were also true (so I didn’t exactly lie), but I didn’t tell him the whole truth.

I didn’t share the full story with him for the same reason a lot of people never say anything: because we’re afraid of “hurting each other’s feelings.”

I believe a whole lot of people break up (and even end marriages) in large part because of sex, even though they often list something else as the culprit.

I’m not saying sex isn’t a cited reason. Often, one person will say s/he wants it more (or less) than the other. One will say the other isn’t as “open-minded” as s/he wants.

But that’s not the real, underlying reason beneath the sexual dissatisfaction.

It’s not that we could never satisfy each other. It’s not that we’re fundamentally different and fundamentally incapable of becoming compatible.

No, I believe it’s due to something much more serious than we have given it credit for. Something that’s just as much of a relationship-destroyer as cheating, yet remains something we rarely talk about.

There’s a dirty little secret in most relationships: We have no f*cking clue how to talk to one another about sex.

I’m not talking about frequency. I’m not talking about the, “Hey, it’s been a while since we had sex. Is everything cool?” conversation. I’m not even talking about the, “Hey, we need to talk about this…I feel like I want sex way more than you, and I’m afraid of what that means” thing.

No, not the how-often-we-have-it, not the details of how I give you blow jobs, or when you’ll be open to us having anal sex—I’m talking about the actual…

http://ikengachronicles.com/the-dirty-little-secret-in-most-relationships/

Re: The Dirty Little Secret In Most Relationships by haryorbarmie83(m): 6:25am On Feb 26, 2017
hmm God is watching you
Re: The Dirty Little Secret In Most Relationships by dingbang(m): 6:31am On Feb 26, 2017
Op thank u for this.. U really hit d nail on the head...
Re: The Dirty Little Secret In Most Relationships by ediama(m): 7:20am On Feb 26, 2017
t
Re: The Dirty Little Secret In Most Relationships by shockwave(m): 7:48am On Feb 26, 2017
Inconclusive...
Re: The Dirty Little Secret In Most Relationships by mentorken05(m): 8:07am On Feb 26, 2017
Whats the actual
Re: The Dirty Little Secret In Most Relationships by Nobody: 8:19am On Feb 26, 2017
ah

(1) (Reply)

I Know Its Bad,but I Feel Jealous If My Wife Talks With My Father..advice Me .. / Who Will Remember Redbeans? / On My Date!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.