Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,105 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities - Art, Graphics & Video (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities (98260 Views)

My Portfolio Of 3D Branding and Product Designs / Urgently In Need Of 3d Motion Video Designer / My Collections Of 3d Pencil Artworks. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 4:55pm On Nov 06, 2017
Quick after build.

I have decided to build from the inferior up.

that's a first.

The Resisting the temptation to work on the face now.

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 9:14pm On Nov 06, 2017
Now I am touching the face....

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 6:41pm On Nov 10, 2017
Wild wild thoughts... Rihanna Has finally Killed Santana's wonderful hit.

Ahoy, so what have i been doing?

I have been researching a little on making Motifs. I plan using them on this final xter for the year.

Alright, My version of Isis is still on track

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 6:48pm On Nov 10, 2017
I tried to to make a character that is almost, if not a Chimera.

A female wt well defined muscles and legs ending in cloven feet.

Imagine getting kicked on the shin wt those ungulate legs

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 7:00pm On Nov 10, 2017
Im defining the back muscles, I have sworn not to look at my anatomy book.
I am trying to wean myself off that book

Certainly, I ve missed some muscles but who carez

Cher Chera

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 7:11pm On Nov 10, 2017
Then, I ve got the Loin Clothe and rounded the bossom.
This my Isis must be A gym freak

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 7:23pm On Nov 10, 2017
And Now, I have started defining the face.

I am trying to get it to resemble Jlo....OK, you can all laff now. Jlo kwa.

At this stage, I ve gotten d general look of my character, the way it appeared on the misty surfaces of my mind, We are going for a character wt heroic proportions and with an androgynous bent...

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 7:56pm On Nov 10, 2017
So I refined and chiselled all I could.
I'm yet to define the lips..

I particularly hate making a female face. It's too smooth and devoid of gestural rhythm...

I didn't care about the ear details cos itx going to get covered with those caps that Egyptian goddesses wear.

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 6:16am On Nov 11, 2017
I am the King of Pimples.

It's an undisputed fact.

I love pimples.

What would I do with out them?

Imagine If she's got Vertiligo?
i guess the Egyptians will quickly obliterate that fact from their papyrus scrolls and obelisks. They never report on any calamity or defects relating to their royals...

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 12:48am On Nov 12, 2017
So I have separated the head...

Discovered this method works best for rigging

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 12:50am On Nov 12, 2017
Then I am trying to get the head gear bind together with the motif...

I am wondering how to make those exaggerated Egyptian eyelashes?

Anyways,
I got the greatest thrill today....

Two of my most esteemed tutors : Hossein Dilba and ravecg_tutorials began following me.

I don't know if this is worth anything but I am so happy. I can kill a dodo now. huhuhu

I must say, that joining instagram really exposed me and created this, almost self-serving, hunger to be liked by my peers in CG.

in other to get the most likes, I found myself pushing the limits of my expertise. And when a Tutor, whom you secretly begged God to make you good like him, begins to like and follow ur works/portfolio....it feels like an Epiphany.

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by reidkrugger(m): 6:30am On Nov 12, 2017
This is very good. Nice job but why do u like posing d fingers like dat all d time. the one on d guy was too intense. mayb u should relax d fingers a little bit. mayb say 30 degrees minimum n don't keep dem too spread out. I'ld like to model like dis one day. it will come.
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 10:41am On Nov 12, 2017
reidkrugger:
This is very good. Nice job but why do u like posing d fingers like dat all d time. the one on d guy was too intense. mayb u should relax d fingers a little bit. mayb say 30 degrees minimum n don't keep dem too spread out. I'ld like to model like dis one day. it will come.

Thankie

I think specialization is extremely important in 3D . You are officially an animator and, in my opinion , I would rather keep refining my skill sets in Animation rather than branching into another area. Of course there are generalists

Many will give an Arm and a leg plus one eyeball, yours truly included, to just become an animator. ..lol

I keep spreading the fingers like that becos
2. Its easier to rig/skin in Maya when the fingers are that far apart. u know, it makes hammering them vertexes easier...I think
1. it looks more dramatic at least.
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by reidkrugger(m): 10:59am On Nov 12, 2017
nijabazaar:

Thankie

I think specialization is extremely important in 3D . You are officially an animator and, in my opinion , I would rather keep refining my skill sets in Animation rather than branching into another area. Of course there are generalists

Many will give an Arm and a leg plus one eyeball, yours truly included, to just become an animator. ..lol

I keep spreading the fingers like that becos
2. Its easier to rig/skin in Maya when the fingers are that far apart. u know, it makes hammering them vertexes easier...I think
1. it looks more dramatic at least.

Abt d animator comment, well u may b right plus I Love been an animator but... it won't hurt again if I steal a bit of your skillz "up to ur level".

As for d fingers, From experience they r best rigged and skinned when they r in a neutral pose. If u flatten them out like in rest positions with no stress on them, u r likely to get d best results plus u see to a great detail what's going on. Posing and Animating takes plenty but if it was me I would either clench them or... relax them fingers a lot more further.
Or better still, pose urself in d mirror, then transfer it to d model. Hope I'm making sense!

2 Likes

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by Tos87(m): 2:01pm On Nov 12, 2017
Nice... Well done.
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 1:40am On Nov 13, 2017
Tos87:
Nice... Well done.
Thankie.

So I was Mulling about the Egyptian Eye makeup and this is what I came up with This morning.

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 8:42am On Nov 14, 2017
Would have love to give the accessories more material detail but I think I will leave it for the Shading network...

I will research further into bruised metal looks for both Corona and Blender.

I might still work on the tentacles If I am still inspired....I am getting disenchanted a bit.

So herez My Isis...
wife of Osiris. Got that part from a Rosicrucian digest.

This also marks the way for Texturing.

You guys should watch Annabelle the Creation.... perfect chiller esp around 12:pm

I'd just notice I didn't give her a navel...

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by itb: 8:21am On Nov 17, 2017
Will love to work with you if you were in Abuja
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 11:27am On Nov 18, 2017
itb:
Will love to work with you if you were in Abuja

Certainly, here's ma mobile 09056821885.

I am beginning to texture and the quiet here is astounding. This election x something else...
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 3:08pm On Nov 18, 2017
Decided to remove the Egypt eyes....

I redefined the eye a bit and add the lower eyelash.

I cancelled a previous texture paint with Genevieve's face. It came out somehow
Perhaps i couldnt get a high resolution or just not properly inspired grin

So I am going back to the hand painting, the one that i am used to.

I think I am going to start signing my work, even the WIPs...just saw it somewhere, on anoda person's IG collection without even an acknowledgement embarassed

Check this work by a very fantastic tutor of mine. The very one that keeps berating me about my Eye shape. I hate him most times. But I love him all the time for his mentorship grin

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 6:40pm On Nov 18, 2017
how shez turning out. . .
Sometimes I like the non-textured more than the textured...

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 10:55am On Nov 20, 2017
Working on the skin shader...
itx The blender version. I not using my previous skin shader. want something new.

I am yet to try materials for the accessories.

Discovered that the intensity if the light affects the skins reflectance and glossiness. And that you can lose ur Diffuse weight if ur SSS specularity z too high

And I decided to unplug my normals and see what will happen.. ..I lost the pores and pimples.

.So I am working on Displacement map instead. Blender 2.79 nightly build has a wonderful PBR network

I am not good at Make up...

meanwhile check put @somto_ace work...

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 2:43am On Nov 23, 2017
what happens when ur default texturing software crashes?

Well you return to Annoying but still effective Photoshop.

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 2:51pm On Nov 24, 2017
OK...done with all the skin shaders. Now testing light setups. And thereafter over to Maya for the rigs.

I textured my tentacles without much fuss.

What did I learn with this project

- Arnold Renderer is the best but I don't know how to build skin with it

- Corona has issues with Displacement textures in 16bit.

in building a skin, u got to understand these
- Subdermal color:
Color of the subdermal skin layer. This layer is normally more red-orange ( muscle , blood and fat ).

Subdermal weight: How much the dermal take place over the diffuse

Subdermal radius: How deep the light can go true this layers

dermal: the skin beneath the skin....lol

I want a Charuscuro effect with the lighting. I decided to go off HDRs. I am aping Caravaggio's method.
by the way Caravaggio is a long dead artist of the baroque period. A Casanova and a Murderer buy simply talented, if only hez alive to see how his works were heavily priced and guarded with laser

1 Share

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 8:48pm On Nov 24, 2017
Take a look at this disused asset: A transformer snake.

According to the artist who happens to be a programmer also, the snake was discarded for the film....after spending a month making it.

Chai

To think it contained 3590 parts. I don't know if this x an exaggeration but its mind boggling keep in track of all those parts.

I saw the rigging too. The snake can transform into any sports car sef even a petrol tanker... Chai

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 3:59am On Nov 26, 2017
What happens when you are the only Anambrarian Vampire?

You Do Hair cool

So whilst the Isis is rendering, with notin else left to do ,I duplicated the original model, sliced her up and modified the nose by adding a prominent bridge. I also squared the chin and gave a dimple.

She know possesses a knowing smile and I am trying to make her look like Hela, Thor's deranged sister....

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 2:02pm On Nov 26, 2017
I thought I said Isis was going to be my last character for the year....Well here is Hela grin

I'd just finished the film (thor, Ragnaroc) and i most say I am taken to the Femme fatale..

I think I like female villains more than Heroic protagonist like Wonder woman ( thats why, irefuse to model her angry ).

I like women with over arching ambitions and fault lines. Women like Mao Zedong's wife ( caused Mao's Downfall cool ), Gucci Grace (Poor Mugabe, if not for his wife) , Charlize theron in Fast and the furious and as the snow queen in Sleeping Beauty.

And that furious self-healing cyborg in Guardians of the galaxy.

Now I am in love with Hela. I love female villains hoha

Ok , Here is my final look for the hair. Time to assign materials and parameters like Translucency, Transmission and reflectance. One thing I like about 3D is it makes it seem as if you are Restudying Physics and biology. Simulating the world in a micro scale.

I understood these core subjects of science more with 3D than all my years in graduate and post-graduate.

I will end with just the hair, and apply my Isis Skin shader. nothing overboard at the moment, No horns , no cape

1 Like

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 11:34am On Nov 28, 2017
material look Dev..

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 4:29pm On Nov 29, 2017
I have watched all Marvel Movies and can't thank then more for inspiring me and feeding the ever hungry Monster that is my imagination....

A tribute...

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 4:40pm On Nov 29, 2017
cool

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 12:49pm On Nov 30, 2017
spent 8 hrs rendering only to realize that I did not check passes for Ambient Occlusion and Alpha over....chai

and to rerender again x just daunting. Almost a million hair strands to recompute

Who wants to fry his laptop? Me ! Me! Me!!!!

what am I gonna do??

Oh dear Lord.

Well she has got a burnt scalp. Need to sue the salon now

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 10:46am On Dec 01, 2017
Well. i managed to rerender and have settled on a particular style

I must admit hair grooming is still beyond me.

I had grappled with a Lotta frustrating trials. I wasn't aiming for a smooth coiffured hairstyle. I wanted that brazen Evil-crazed look but alas I couldn't get that....so I threw in the towel.

But before showing the final LOok. Take a peep at my concurrent attempts to get that powee-crazed look that just didn't work. To get those curls to only appear towards the ends of the hair strands x almost rocket science... and I balked away.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply)

How To Create A Cartoon Effect Of Your Photo Using Photoshop. / Training and Certification On Graphics Courses / GALLANTCREATIVE DESIGN GALLERY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.