Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,531 members, 7,819,913 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

"I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" (42707 Views)

Has Kanye West Truly Become Christian? Let's Examine His Past And Present Life / Lady Slams Benedicta Elechi, Daddy Freeze's Fiancee For Wearing Seductive Dress / The Perfect Image Of A Christian Before Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by Shafiiimran99: 10:18pm On Feb 28, 2017
U re not Muslim but a liar.... u didn't go to alfa for advice but pastor and u call ursef a practicing Muslim

2 Likes

Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by TARABA911(m): 10:20pm On Feb 28, 2017
JimloveTM:
You should convert to Christianity sharp sharp

My mum got married to my dad because he promised to change from islam to Christianity. A year after he changed. Today, am happy he did. We are all happy for it. You will be happy for. It's a Leap in the right direction.

A LOST DADY
haffaze777:

power of love indeed,power of love dat can't make her change her religion Abi? continue
A LOST DADY
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by Nobody: 10:20pm On Feb 28, 2017
airmark:

You are very wrong.

A true christian would not say religion is not important in marriage. He/she would not marry a muslim.

Oh really??what if s/he marries a Muslim ?
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by idfact0404(m): 10:22pm On Feb 28, 2017
JimloveTM:

My mum got married to my dad because he promised to change from islam to Christianity. A year after he changed. Today, am happy he did. We are all happy for it. You will be happy for. It's a Leap in the right direction.

you're religiously, you're not Godly! Godly!
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by TARABA911(m): 10:22pm On Feb 28, 2017
JimloveTM:

A LOST DADY
Engryagulam:
I have carefully read your post brother and I know how exactly you feel. LOVE can take you to an unimagine place and some people say that it's all fair in love and in war. Here is my take on this:
1 Brother you should know that your faith is ought not to be negotiable with ANYTHING.
2 The purpose of you being in today's world is for you to worship your Lord, women and money are just to make life sweeter. so will you neglect your primary purpose for a worldly attribute beside you have lot of options
3 keep praying and seek Allah' s forgiveness and pray that HE chooses a better life partner for you.
4 please brother seek Islamic knowledge because you are not even suppose to contemplate ever leaving your religion, also a Muslimah is recommended for you because you share the same faith.
Thank you
GOOD GUY
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by yinkslinks(m): 10:22pm On Feb 28, 2017
The marriage will fail at the tale end. Never you allow anyone to change you from your beliefs because she will keep doing that shit. She must be a winner or christ embassy
lalasticlala:
I got this mail. Kindly read and share your views and advice. The person in question is reading. Thanks. See the unedited mail after the cut.

YOUR ADVICE IS NEEDED: I AM BEEN PRESSURED TO GET MARRIED AND ALSO CHANGING MY RELIGION

"I wonder why she should be pressuring me to change my religion before getting married to her. I sorted an advice from a pastor, and I was told that she was not the woman for me. That i will have problems along the marriage. After I few consideration, I decided to also sort for advice from Nairalanders.

I am a muslim and my woman is a christian. She is forcing me to change my religion which i have been practicing since childhood. Taking such a decision is not that easy you know. To change my religion because of a woman? I don't think it is right. She has also refuse to change to my religion. Now, her family are pressuring and want me to change my religion. I am writing this to seek advice from Nairalanders to give me direction to follow... I know many will yab, insult or in-sugar me... I just need a candid advice."
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by Nobody: 10:24pm On Feb 28, 2017
Olumaeme:
How will a Christian even go get hooked to a Muslim in the first place? Light and darkness cannot meet.. Even though I don't believe in religious slavery, a Muslim is a no no for me, I will rather go follow an ogun worshipper.

Please if you can't convert leave her alone

Throw more light on the bolded
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by Oluwaremythe(m): 10:27pm On Feb 28, 2017
JimloveTM:

Akuri(blocked brain)
jst like ur poppa,only asslickers does dat shii,she's d female,she should be d one to convert,or better still we both agree to hold on to our various religions after marriage,I'm d man,I make d rule,she follows or swerve
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by TARABA911(m): 10:28pm On Feb 28, 2017
Religion of fake pastors guy run for ur life
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by leepest(m): 10:29pm On Feb 28, 2017
Diz guy is a disgrace to Islam, as a Muslim u dnt know d right thing?? u afe seeking for Advice to change ur religion, u are nylt a real Muslim if not u wont even have tym for diz, so u afe even doubting, May god forgive u, dump her like a waste, if she is ready to accept islam den she is welcomed

2 Likes

Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by MarieSucre(f): 10:30pm On Feb 28, 2017
Nne5:
Why forcing you?
I'm a Christian but that is plain wrong.
What happened to freedom of religion?
You don't force someone to convert to your religion.
That's stupid.

I can't believe some people above me support the lady.
See if she really loves you religion will not stand in the way.#Fact.
Just let her go abeg!
Converting to another religion is something. Now converting because you were FORCED to is something else.Let her go.Your true wife will come.

1000 likes
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by MarieSucre(f): 10:30pm On Feb 28, 2017
iPopAlomo:
I'm a Muslim... Le Boo is a Christian...

my grandfather is a Muslim (Alhaji)... his wife (my grandmother is a Christian (Evangelist Holy Flock)... both resting in peace...

my mom's twin is a Christian (mfm)... her husband is a Muslim (Alhaji)...

all married one woman... all stayed loyal... even me sef... grin

Anyways... point is... she saw you a Muslim... she fell in love with you a Muslim... why bring crazy condition at one minute to marriage... I won't tell you what to do... whatever decision you make... stick with it and don't let anyone sway you...

oh... my Le Boo...

Her father Muslim... her mother Christian (Methodist)...

plenty examples mehn... and all had one wife...

Wonderful comment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by MarieSucre(f): 10:32pm On Feb 28, 2017
BJAYADEMOLA:
It is a matter of choice and agreement with her. But one thing I know is that you should not be the one to change your religion. It is your wife that must follow your religion path.

Pls if you don't know how to give advice, its better not to comment. So the wife does not have a life, is just to be following like mumu anything a husband does. Tufia. I flee from such men like you.

1 Like

Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by Bimpe29: 10:32pm On Feb 28, 2017
She is the one to renounce her religion and revert to Islam voluntarily, without being forced to accept Islam.

"Do not marry the polytheist women, unless they come to believe (in Islam); a Muslim slave-girl is better than a polytheist woman, even though she may attract you; and do not give (your women) in marriage to polytheist men, unless they come to believe; a Muslim slave is better than a polytheist, even though he may attract you. They invite to the Fire when Allah invites, by His will, to Paradise, and to forgiveness. He makes His verses clear to the people,
that they may heed the advice." (Q2:221)

1 Like

Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by idrezee(m): 10:33pm On Feb 28, 2017
EazyMoh:

Tell me you wouldn't loose respect for your brother if comes home to tell you he's converting to Islam because his girlfriend asked him to!
God bless u.

2 Likes

Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by MarieSucre(f): 10:33pm On Feb 28, 2017
EazyMoh:

Tell me you wouldn't loose respect for your brother if comes home to tell you he's converting to Islam because his girlfriend asked him to!

What is my business? Is it my life that he converted? Someone is busy living his life, you're here losing respect. Who your respect epp?
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by MUYEEKFIRST(m): 10:34pm On Feb 28, 2017
JimloveTM:

Dont Ever try it when we have many beautiful Muslim around you. Is like moving from the right path to the wrong path. Please dont mislead because of a lady
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by EazyMoh(m): 10:37pm On Feb 28, 2017
MarieSucre:

What is my business? Is it my life that he converted? Someone is busy living his life, you're here losing respect. Who your respect epp?
Madam, for people like me respect is even more important than money.
I can understand if don't know what I mean.
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by rolams(m): 10:37pm On Feb 28, 2017
Pls pm me for enlightenment!
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by Kakamorufu(m): 10:38pm On Feb 28, 2017
you are one of those that are Muslim's by name, buh not by character or practice, that's why it's easy for her to hold you to ransom.

and why visit a pastor for consultation if you really are a Muslim. alfa no dey. SMH for you.

My own opinion is that you are the man, you are the one to be telling her to practice your religion.
sayonara
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by Debbime(f): 10:41pm On Feb 28, 2017
I laugh in Mandarin over the bolded. So many of your kind successfully/forcefully converted many Christian ladies and because she wants you to convert, you are now crying wolf.....I know personally.

That pastor that you met, ask him to read this Bible verse: 2 Corinthians 6:14 "Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?" (Meanwhile, this can be interpreted by both a muslim and a Christian depending on how your perspective)

lalasticlala:
I got this mail. Kindly read and share your views and advice. The person in question is reading. Thanks. See the unedited mail after the cut.

YOUR ADVICE IS NEEDED: I AM BEEN PRESSURED TO GET MARRIED AND ALSO CHANGING MY RELIGION

"I wonder why she should be pressuring me to change my religion before getting married to her. I sorted an advice from a pastor, and I was told that she was not the woman for me. That i will have problems along the marriage. After I few consideration, I decided to also sort for advice from Nairalanders.

I am a muslim and my woman is a christian. She is forcing me to change my religion which i have been practicing since childhood. Taking such a decision is not that easy you know. To change my religion because of a woman? [/b]I don't think it is right. She has also refuse to change to my religion. Now, her family are pressuring and want me to change my religion.[b] I am writing this to seek advice from Nairalanders to give me direction to follow... I know many will yab, insult or in-sugar me... I just need a candid advice."
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by abudujanah: 10:45pm On Feb 28, 2017
Baba,a true Muslim wil neva consider xtianity as a religion,cos d bible de even claim dat de follow is agains dem,de claim jesus,buh we follow him more Dan dem,so as her 2 proof xtainity as a religion in her bible,is 4rm paul n Peter nt 4rm God dats y de contradicted d bible

1 Like

Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by abali47(m): 10:46pm On Feb 28, 2017
shakurkings:
bro, you just won my internet man of the day.
I dont need to guess twice,,,,,,you are A toruba mahn.....
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by ChukaLupin(m): 10:46pm On Feb 28, 2017
U2ice:
wat is dis one understandin
cheesy
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by Shafiiimran99: 10:47pm On Feb 28, 2017
Shafiiimran99:
U re not Muslim but a liar.... u didn't go to alfa for advice but pastor and u call ursef a practicing Muslim
I do not advise you to marry a non-Muslim woman, nor do I advise you to marry just any Muslim woman. For married life is not based only on beauty and attraction, rather the wise Muslim must look with insight at what is beyond that, because he needs to be sure that his house will be looked after in his absence, and he needs to bring up his children, and he will not be able to find that or other things which every wise husband seeks, except with a religious Muslim woman. This is the advice of our Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).
It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “A woman may be married for four reasons: her wealth, her lineage, her beauty and her religious commitment. Choose the one who is religious, may your hands be rubbed with dust [i.e., may you prosper].”
(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 4802; Muslim, 1466).
Al-Nawawi said:
The correct meaning of this hadeeth is that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was describing what people usually do, for they seek these four characteristics, the last of which in their view is religious commitment, but you, the one who is seeking guidance, should look for a wife who is religious. But this is not an absolute command.
This hadeeth encourages keeping company with people who are religiously committed in all things, because the one who keeps company with them will benefit from their good attitude and morals, their blessing and their good ways, and he will be safe from mischief at their hands.
Sharh Muslim, 10/52
But marriage to women of the People of the Book leads to a great deal of mischief and trouble, such as:
1. He may have to be courteous to this wife of his at the expense of his religion, especially if she is “very committed” to her own religion. This may mean that she will hang up crosses and go to the church, and the children will not be safe in this environment.
2. She is not going to wash properly after finishing her period, or tell him not to have intercourse with her when she is menstruating; she is going to make him do something that is wrong according to sharee’ah and cause him physical harm.
3. He is going to be put in an embarrassing situation because of her careless attitude concerning dress and her mixing with men and speaking to them.
4. The states and governments of these women of the Book will be on their side and will give them custody of the children if differences arise and divorce takes place. This will cause these children to be lost and to fall into kufr. Such cases are too well known to need mentioning here and too many to count.
One of the poets said:
“Marriage to a Christian is an abhorrent action which leads to the kufr of the children for sure.
Whoever accepts for a child of his to be a kaafir is himself a kaafir, even if he claims to be a Muslim.
A man may become a kaafir, following his wife, and enter the Fire of Hell forever.
You must look for one who is religiously committed, if you want a sound marriage.
Forget about the people of kufr and beware of marrying them, for that will lead to a lot of evil.
The children of such a marriage will not be guided; they will swell the ranks of evildoers.
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by whitebeard(m): 10:49pm On Feb 28, 2017
EazyMoh:

That's the most likely outcome.
u cant be to sure
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by prettymina(f): 10:50pm On Feb 28, 2017
If only u understood the religion u pratice,
If only u were a devoted muslim
If only u can defend islam
If only u follow hadiths and sunnah of the prophet(pbuh)
Brother u will come out here asking this question.am so ashamed,that u a man if it was to b woman the case might fair.it all shows if u inventually marry that lady.am sorry d future of ur children wil b at stake religions wise.b a man look for a muslimah who will complete ur deen,teach u d sunnah and sure u knws nothing abt it.bring up ur children in best way,(islamically)wen u do that brother i guarantee u,u will see jannah in ur family in this duniyah b4 u get to d akhirah.once again B A MAN lipsrsealed
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by haffaze777(m): 10:54pm On Feb 28, 2017
TARABA911:
A LOST DADYA LOST DADY
lost indeed
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by LuckyLadolce(m): 10:54pm On Feb 28, 2017
lalasticlala:

I am a muslim and my woman is a christian. She is forcing me to change my religion which i have been practicing since childhood. Taking such a decision is not that easy you know. To change my religion because of a woman? I don't think it is right. She has also refuse to change to my religion. Now, her family are pressuring and want me to change my religion. I am writing this to seek advice from Nairalanders to give me direction to follow... I know many will yab, insult or in-sugar me... I just need a candid advice."
are you a Muslim at sha?
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by amkingfadh(m): 10:56pm On Feb 28, 2017
I would make a conclusion that for you to consider converting to Christianity, you are not strong in deen. You shouldn't be the one to convert, she should.

BTW, if her parents are pressuring you to do this I think you have a bigger problem ahead. They would literally control your marriage. I pray Allah guide.
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by lubaabu: 10:59pm On Feb 28, 2017
There is no compulsion in religion religion, my brother forget about her, go and get a muslim sister and marry, she is not meant for you.

What does Allah say about Islam being the only religion?
Below are related verses from Qur’an:
“Indeed, the religion in the sight of Allah is Islam. The People of Book drew apart since they committed excesses against one another after this knowledge had come to them. And whoever ignores the signs of Allah and becomes a concealer, Allah is swift in reckoning him.
So if they argue with you, say, “I have submitted myself to Allah, and [so have] those who follow me.” And ask the People of the Book as well as those who follow no heavenly Scripture: “Have you also submitted yourselves?” And if they submit, they are rightly guided; but if they turn away – then your duty is merely to deliver the message. Allah is The All Seeing of his servants.
Give those concealers who ignore the signs of Allah, who kill the prophets without right and kill those who enjoin justice from among the people, give them tidings of a grievous chastisement.
They are those whose deeds will go to waste in this world and in the Hereafter, and for them there will be no helpers.“ (Al-e-Imran/ Family of Imran 3:19-22)
“O People of the Book! Why do you argue about Abraham while the Torah and the Gospel were not revealed until after him? Do you not understand?
Here you are – say, you have argued about that of which you have knowledge, but why do you argue about that of which you have no knowledge? And Allah knows, while you know not.
Ibrahim was not a Jew nor a Christian but he was (an) upright (man), without , and he was not one of the polytheists.
Indeed; among mankind who have the best claim to Ibrahim (Abraham) are those who followed him. This Prophet and the ones who follow him are among them. Allah is the wali (Protector and Friend) of the believers.“ (Al-e-Imran/ Family of Imran 3:65-68)
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by Nobody: 11:00pm On Feb 28, 2017
ollah1:

You mean they place the moon in their fronts and worship it..
They worship it when they place their hand on their ears to say their prayers

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Rev King To Die By Hanging: Supreme-Court Orders / Anambra Catholic Church Attack - Police Nab Suspects / Is Masturbation A Sin?.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.