Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,608 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

"I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" (42719 Views)

Has Kanye West Truly Become Christian? Let's Examine His Past And Present Life / Lady Slams Benedicta Elechi, Daddy Freeze's Fiancee For Wearing Seductive Dress / The Perfect Image Of A Christian Before Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by nsgee14(m): 8:49pm On Feb 28, 2017
Never do this mistake. Allah (SWT) has given men the chance to marry from the people of the book (Xtians & Jews). Pray to God to give you a more better spouse if she wouldn't accept you as a Muslim. الله المستعان

2 Likes

Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by rajshamz: 8:49pm On Feb 28, 2017
Its funny how some people reason.

As for the guy that sent you to post this, i hope he can read this.

First of all, you aint a muslim. You were just born into a muslim home and i blame your parents as they didnt bring you up in the right way.

Your fiancee wants you to change your religion because of her! You will end up being the wife. You ll do the cooking and i hope you carry d pregnancy too.

As far as i am concerned, you are not ripe for marriage as you have no guts being a man.

2 Likes

Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by ekoboy: 8:49pm On Feb 28, 2017
Seriously what is the essence of religion to both of you. This tussle sounds more like an ego thing. My advice is that both of you drop the religion thing and live a fulfilled life. You do not need religion to determine good from evil.
Infact I think the world right now needs less religion. Whenever I read stories of religion it's always accompanied by evil activities. Whether it's people swindling ppl in name of contribution or ppl killing people.
angry I tire abeg.

1 Like

Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by amikeem(m): 8:53pm On Feb 28, 2017
Change ur beautiful religion bcuz of what? Love? Cuz I don't get you right I don't know why someone will leave the right path and go into the bush simply becux of stupid love, and u also claim the religion u have been practicing since ur childhood, I expect u to know what you are doing... don't even try it at all when there is so many beautiful hijabian sisters around looking someone that's committed like urself. Be reminded 'A-deen indallahi Al-islam' I think u should know the meaning. Thanks

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by Nobody: 8:53pm On Feb 28, 2017
fufuNegusi:

Well Well Well

Apparently you didn't state what your religion is, so I'll rather not assume

But to correct you,
There's more to being a Christian
Much more than just religion

We are meant to be CHRIST like
Having a mind like JESUS Phillipians2vs5
Filled with GRACE and the HOLY SPIRIT in our daily life

So you see my friend, she knew the relationship will negate all thereby affecting her spiritual life
I believe it is the BEST decision ever

And I hope the man comes in terms with JESUS too
Cos HE'S the only way the truth and the life no one comes to the FATHER except through HIM ...John14vs6
Says you.
Everyone has the right to believe in whatever religion they want.. You don't impose on others.
If you say jesus is the way and I say he isn't,we are both just airing our opinion on what we were taught to believe in and what we accept as the right way. we both have the right to believe in whatever we want to.
Besides.. If she was so filled of the holy spirit as you claim, she shouldn't have gotten involved with someone who is an Unbeliever according to her religion and must therefore not be seen with.

1 Like

Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by Teeboi56: 8:54pm On Feb 28, 2017
Brother I pity u oooo becos of love now u want to convert to xtian ,my own advise for is if she can not convert to your religion leave him. She ke na
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by Lunagirl(f): 8:54pm On Feb 28, 2017
Christianity is something that should be done out of conviction, not force.

Consider the above before you get yourself into something you that cannot give you happiness or control.
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by ogawisdom(m): 8:55pm On Feb 28, 2017
lalasticlala:
I got this mail. Kindly read and share your views and advice. The person in question is reading. Thanks. See the unedited mail after the cut.

YOUR ADVICE IS NEEDED: I AM BEEN PRESSURED TO GET MARRIED AND ALSO CHANGING MY RELIGION

"I wonder why she should be pressuring me to change my religion before getting married to her. I sorted an advice from a pastor, and I was told that she was not the woman for me. That i will have problems along the marriage. After I few consideration, I decided to also sort for advice from Nairalanders.

I am a muslim and my woman is a christian. She is forcing me to change my religion which i have been practicing since childhood. Taking such a decision is not that easy you know. To change my religion because of a woman? I don't think it is right. She has also refuse to change to my religion. Now, her family are pressuring and want me to change my religion. I am writing this to seek advice from Nairalanders to give me direction to follow... I know many will yab, insult or in-sugar me... I just need a candid advice."

ur fiancée is abt to save ur soul from hell fire, accept without further delay, join Christianity and give ur life to Jesus Christ immediately tomorrow may be too late. Jesus is the only way to heaven else u r going to hell fire
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by ipobbigot7: 8:56pm On Feb 28, 2017
Max24:

Is Seun a Muslim? Seems u only restrict yourself to few sections on NL. Seun does not hide his religious philosophy. Find out.

Please give me the link to confirm Seun's religion.
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by neighy(m): 8:56pm On Feb 28, 2017
madridguy:
From the write up so far, the guy in question his not ready for marriage but just want to satisfy people around him since he has had enough of them. Bros let them say, don't allow anyone to push you anyhow. Your girlfriend sees desperation from you and that is the reason for such condition.

If truly you're a man Muslim, *you know what the Qur'an and hadith said about marrying non-Muslim.*
Jodha:
My candid opinion (no bias reasoning).. Is that.. She's telling yhu the truth.. But honestly she's not doing it the right way..

If she's a true Christian.. She should talk to yhu about Jesus.. And make yhu see reasons why giving yhur life to Christ is the best thing that can ever happen to yhu..

After that if yhu refuse.. She should leave yhu and find her man.. Cause obviously you're not the one..
*The Bible does not permit a Christian to marry an unbeliever..*

(all those pokenosers that would want to mention me.. Should take note)..

This is totally my opinion..
madridguy:
From the write up so far, the guy in question his not ready for marriage but just want to satisfy people around him since he has had enough of them. Bros let them say, don't allow anyone to push you anyhow. Your girlfriend sees desperation from you and that is the reason for such condition.

If truly you're a man Muslim, you know what the Qur'an and hadith said about marrying non-Muslim.
Jodha:
My candid opinion (no bias reasoning).. Is that.. She's telling yhu the truth.. But honestly she's not doing it the right way..

If she's a true Christian.. She should talk to yhu about Jesus.. And make yhu see reasons why giving yhur life to Christ is the best thing that can ever happen to yhu..

After that if yhu refuse.. She should leave yhu and find her man.. Cause obviously you're not the one..
*The Bible does not permit a Christian to marry an unbeliever..*

(all those pokenosers that would want to mention me.. Should take note)..

This is totally my opinion..
finito
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by maasoap(m): 8:56pm On Feb 28, 2017
blantyre:
I as a Muslim will not dare come an inch of thinking of changing my religion for any cause because Islam is the vehicle of my salvation. So pls brother, don't sacrifice your salvation on the alter of love for a woman. Think over it, at most you may live with her for a couple of decades and overtime d love might go through challenges. Allah says in the Quran " riches and women etc are only but attractions of this world, but everlasting joy and happiness is with him" so pls approach others if need be to salvage your Deen
I noticed another statement from the @op narration, he said that PASTOR told him that the girl wasn't the right person for him. Why going to the pastor in the first place? Fake Muslim

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by haffaze777(m): 9:00pm On Feb 28, 2017
Meritocracy:
There is no problem in that ask her to pay your dowry and also appreciate by changing to her father name in return in addition to her demand. Upon all surplus ladies outside, i wonder if Aboki can marry 104 wives and divorced 7 how come you want sell your destiny to one arrogant lady. May i ask if she is a virgin
wish I could give u billion like
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by mazizitonene(m): 9:00pm On Feb 28, 2017
She is NOT supposed to pressurise u.... she should talk to u about jesus. ..If u wish to accept, good for her. if u dont want...call it off and y'al go your separate ways......u are the man here....The ball stops in ur court....u take/make the decision...obviously u aren't really ready for marriage....
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by oladoja1(m): 9:01pm On Feb 28, 2017
woodcook:
So you mean that your option is choosing between the man you love and want to spend the rest of your life with or sticking with your Arab religion?

I am not sure which part of the country you are from but to save yourself from being beheaded for apostate tell your man to keep your conversion secret if you chose to convert.
that's your own view
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by Epatty(f): 9:01pm On Feb 28, 2017
Go and marry a girl you share same faith and let her do same.
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by crispyvick(f): 9:03pm On Feb 28, 2017
to be sincere 25 out of 100 survive dis kind of marriage.dude am a christian bt i dnt see dis working out for u ppl.anytin cald forced doesn't end well if u dnt use ur mind.
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by me69: 9:03pm On Feb 28, 2017
I don't think this question is about you and her, but you and your Creator.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “Whoever gives up something for the sake of Allah, Allah will compensate him with something better than it.”

You Lord is far more important than any human being. She doesn't want you to keep your faith because she chose her God over you. Are you going to choose a human being over ALLAH SWT?

Beside the life of this world is just temporary enjoyment, the love you have for her will surely diminish after marriage and you may possibly split or death will eventually separate you, But only your Lord ALLAH will remain and judge you, so don't give up your religion for anything dear brother

2 Likes

Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by fufuNegusi(m): 9:04pm On Feb 28, 2017
Lawlahdey:
Says you.
Everyone has the right to believe in whatever religion they want.. You don't impose on others.
If you say jesus is the way and I say he isn't,we are both just airing our opinion on what we were taught to believe in and what we accept as the right way. we both have the right to believe in whatever we want to.
Besides.. If she was so filled of the holy spirit as you claim, she shouldn't have gotten involved with someone who is an Unbeliever according to her religion and must therefore not be seen with.

Yes true

She's already the mistake so it's best she retrace her steps
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by shehuolayinka(m): 9:06pm On Feb 28, 2017
My dad is a Muslim and Mum a Christian and I have never seen that being an issue between them. Religion creating confusion since God knows when
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by kaymart: 9:07pm On Feb 28, 2017
A practising Muslim wud never fall in love with a resilent kafir no matter what.....

A real Muslim practice Islam.

There r some things a real Muslim never ever contemplate.

Alhamdulillah for making me a believer, a mumeen, and insha'Allah, a beneficiary of both worlds.

Am still single though but in my skull, I have a perfect picture of the kind of woman I want to marry (a true muslimah)......

why? because, alhamdulillah, I believe I'm up to d task in all ramifications, deen-wise, knowledgewise and alhamdulillah also financial-wise.

wish u d best ya'akhy.

4 Likes

Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by Nobody: 9:07pm On Feb 28, 2017
nyabinghi:
hell is your abode if you forsake islam for her pagan religion,all christians are hell bound cos they are worshipping a mortal that was murdered by the romans
Same with Muslims .they're hell bound since they worship the moon
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by ABUBAKARS(m): 9:08pm On Feb 28, 2017
iPopAlomo:
I'm a Muslim... Le Boo is a Christian...

my grandfather is a Muslim (Alhaji)... his wife (my grandmother is a Christian (Evangelist Holy Flock)... both resting in peace...

my mom's twin is a Christian (mfm)... her husband is a Muslim (Alhaji)...

all married one woman... all stayed loyal... even me sef... grin

Anyways... point is... she saw you a Muslim... she fell in love with you a Muslim... why bring crazy condition at one minute to marriage... I won't tell you what to do... whatever decision you make... stick with it and don't let anyone sway you...

oh... my Le Boo...

Her father Muslim... her mother Christian (Methodist)...

plenty examples mehn... and all had one wife...

I OWE U TWO DATE PALM. U SENSE CORRECT

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by Max24: 9:11pm On Feb 28, 2017
ipobbigot7:

Please give me the link to confirm Seun's religion.
Go to religion section. You will see some of his own threads that shows his beliefs.
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by Nobody: 9:11pm On Feb 28, 2017
blont:
CHANGE ur religion before d marriage and go back to ur old religion after d marriage, very simple. it didnt start yesterday, this is the method me have been using. see; jehovah witness vs muslim
catholic vs pagan
deeper life vs christ embassy.
If he does that such marriage will be hypocritical. Marriage is a life thing so it's better you take your time to make decision
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by Toluensdollars(m): 9:14pm On Feb 28, 2017
Am a christian and am not supporting d idea of u changing ur religion all bcus u want to impress a lady out there, if she isn't kul with d religion u r practicing, maybe u shld pull d plug. Furthermore, just as i would love u to convert to Christianity, i will also urge u to be d one who brakes d decision not bowing to pressures from within. U have been practising Islam since childhood, d same thing goes to d lady. its vice-versa, think proper bruh b4 jumping into it, and if u decide to join Christianity, heavens will rejoice over ur life but u r d only one responsible for every decisions and actions u take.Think well, and good luck.
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by omojeesu(m): 9:14pm On Feb 28, 2017
lalasticlala:
I got this mail. Kindly read and share your views and advice. The person in question is reading. Thanks. See the unedited mail after the cut.

YOUR ADVICE IS NEEDED: I AM BEEN PRESSURED TO GET MARRIED AND ALSO CHANGING MY RELIGION

"I wonder why she should be pressuring me to change my religion before getting married to her. I sorted an advice from a pastor, and I was told that she was not the woman for me. That i will have problems along the marriage. After I few consideration, I decided to also sort for advice from Nairalanders.

I am a muslim and my woman is a christian. She is forcing me to change my religion which i have been practicing since childhood. Taking such a decision is not that easy you know. To change my religion because of a woman? I don't think it is right. She has also refuse to change to my religion. Now, her family are pressuring and want me to change my religion. I am writing this to seek advice from Nairalanders to give me direction to follow... I know many will yab, insult or in-sugar me... I just need a candid advice."

With due respect, the fact is none of you know who a Christian is nor what Christianity means. Christianity is NOT a religion.
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by Nobody: 9:16pm On Feb 28, 2017
agabaI23:
You are looking for a girl to convert via marriage? I am very sure that someone like you will force her to change to islam after marriage. Leave her alone if you can't change your religion. Let her be. She has been practising her own religion since childhood too.

She's the one trying to force him to change his religion , he doesn't have any problem with her being Christian

1 Like

Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by airmark(m): 9:17pm On Feb 28, 2017
nyabinghi:
hell is your abode if you forsake islam for her pagan religion,all christians are hell bound cos they are worshipping a mortal that was murdered by the romans

Are you saying surah 4 : 157 lied ? Quran said they didnt kill him and you are here telling us another thing. You need to read your quran well.

@ Topic, if he is changing his religion because of marriage, then it's wrong. The lady needs to convince him that he will end up in hell fire as a muslim, following a prophet who was unsure of where he would end up, while alive, as seen in Quran 46:9. The guy should read in quran why his lady is not shifting ground as it is written in quran that the followers of jesus christ (christians) will be greater than the unbelievers (muslims and other non-christians). surah 3:55.
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by Nobody: 9:19pm On Feb 28, 2017
Emasel:

You do not talk like a true Christian.

How is a true christian supposed to talk?
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by Nobody: 9:21pm On Feb 28, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Same with Muslims .they're hell bound since they worship the moon

You mean they place the moon in their fronts and worship it..
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by tino22(m): 9:21pm On Feb 28, 2017
iPopAlomo:
I'm a Muslim... Le Boo is a Christian...

my grandfather is a Muslim (Alhaji)... his wife (my grandmother is a Christian (Evangelist Holy Flock)... both resting in peace...

my mom's twin is a Christian (mfm)... her husband is a Muslim (Alhaji)...

all married one woman... all stayed loyal... even me sef... grin

Anyways... point is... she saw you a Muslim... she fell in love with you a Muslim... why bring crazy condition at one minute to marriage... I won't tell you what to do... whatever decision you make... stick with it and don't let anyone sway you...

oh... my Le Boo...

Her father Muslim... her mother Christian (Methodist)...

plenty examples mehn... and all had one wife...
. Man of the day... Nice family

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by Esji80(m): 9:22pm On Feb 28, 2017
Changing your religion because of a woman... God forbid. I am sorry , I concur with what a brother above said.It shows that you only bear muslim name or you grow up without proper knowledge of Islam. Ignore her and run from her with d speed of light. Seek for more knowledge of Islam and guidance from Islamic scholars around you. May Allah guide us

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Anambra Catholic Church Attack - Police Nab Suspects / Is Masturbation A Sin?. / BREAKING NEWS: Wise Man John Chi Returns To TB Joshua's Church!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.