Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,650 members, 7,820,259 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

"I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" (42712 Views)

Has Kanye West Truly Become Christian? Let's Examine His Past And Present Life / Lady Slams Benedicta Elechi, Daddy Freeze's Fiancee For Wearing Seductive Dress / The Perfect Image Of A Christian Before Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by talk2saintify(m): 9:22pm On Feb 28, 2017
actually is yhur choice to make..

1 Like

Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by wizod(m): 9:22pm On Feb 28, 2017
[s][/s] she loves for u telling u dat because she wants u go to heaven.
Muslim a riotous religion
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by airmark(m): 9:22pm On Feb 28, 2017
Nne5:

Oga a true Christian would never FORCE someone to convert to her religion. It's not by converting to Christianity.

Mr it's not by converting to Christianity.
Converting is not same as coming to the light.

You are very wrong.

ollah1:

How is a true christian supposed to talk?

A true christian would not say religion is not important in marriage. He/she would not marry a muslim.
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by ItsMeAboki(m): 9:24pm On Feb 28, 2017
lalasticlala:
I got this mail. Kindly read and share your views and advice. The person in question is reading. Thanks. See the unedited mail after the cut.

YOUR ADVICE IS NEEDED: I AM BEEN PRESSURED TO GET MARRIED AND ALSO CHANGING MY RELIGION

"I wonder why she should be pressuring me to change my religion before getting married to her. I sorted an advice from a pastor, and I was told that she was not the woman for me. That i will have problems along the marriage. After I few consideration, I decided to also sort for advice from Nairalanders.

I am a muslim and my woman is a christian. She is forcing me to change my religion which i have been practicing since childhood. Taking such a decision is not that easy you know. To change my religion because of a woman? I don't think it is right. She has also refuse to change to my religion. Now, her family are pressuring and want me to change my religion. I am writing this to seek advice from Nairalanders to give me direction to follow... I know many will yab, insult or in-sugar me... I just need a candid advice."

This is a no brainer, if you say you are really a Muslim then you should know that the Religion of Islam categorically forbids any of its followers to change from the faith, in fact it is the biggest sacrilege you can commit and one of the rare occasions it is permissible to disobey one's parents.

Islam permits marriage between a Muslim male to a non Muslim female provided she is chaste and from the people of the book (i.e. faiths with religious books e.g. Bible, Torah etc) such as Christians, Jews etc.

In such marriage the Muslim husband is not allowed to compel his non Muslim wife to change from her religion (as there is no compulsion in Islam); however, it is hoped that by being an exemplary Muslim and husband, the wife would eventually see the beauty of Islam and therefore revert voluntarily.

Furthermore, children borne out of this union are not allowed to be brought up outside Islam but as Muslims.

In view the above, my advice to you is to repent and ask for Allah's forgiveness (for even musing over such a sinful thought) and remain steadfast to your faith; and if she would not marry you as a Muslim then she is not meant to be your wife - do not sacrifice your life in the hereafter (paradise) for a woman, who may not necessarily remain loyal and married to you in this life.

Remember, anyone who rejects Islam, for any reason, has invariably bought his one way ticket to hell fire - for it is the greatest sin against Allah.

Now you know; I hope you will make the right choice.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by mensos544: 9:24pm On Feb 28, 2017
Idiot mumu.
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by jamislaw(m): 9:30pm On Feb 28, 2017
Jodha:
My candid opinion (no bias reasoning).. Is that.. She's telling yhu the truth.. But honestly she's not doing it the right way..

If she's a true Christian.. She should talk to yhu about Jesus.. And make yhu see reasons why giving yhur life to Christ is the best thing that can ever happen to yhu..

After that if yhu refuse.. She should leave yhu and find her man.. Cause obviously you're not the one..
The Bible does not permit a Christian to marry an unbeliever..

(all those pokenosers that would want to mention me.. Should take note)..

This is totally my opinion..
you call Muslims unbeliever and also Muslims call christains unbeliever too.
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by adellam16(f): 9:31pm On Feb 28, 2017
lalasticlala:
I got this mail. Kindly read and share your views and advice. The person in question is reading. Thanks. See the unedited mail after the cut.

YOUR ADVICE IS NEEDED: I AM BEEN PRESSURED TO GET MARRIED AND ALSO CHANGING MY RELIGION

"I wonder why she should be pressuring me to change my religion before getting married to her. I sorted an advice from a pastor, and I was told that she was not the woman for me. That i will have problems along the marriage. After I few consideration, I decided to also sort for advice from Nairalanders.

I am a muslim and my woman is a christian. She is forcing me to change my religion which i have been practicing since childhood. Taking such a decision is not that easy you know. To change my religion because of a woman? I don't think it is right. She has also refuse to change to my religion. Now, her family are pressuring and want me to change my religion. I am writing this to seek advice from Nairalanders to give me direction to follow... I know many will yab, insult or in-sugar me... I just need a candid advice."
I don't understand, since wen do private matters become public business. Abeg MR man if u cannot make a decision as a man den wats d use getting married? As concluded u cannot change religion cos of a woman meaning u aint changing so y r u asking u qwesion? Mtchewwwww
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by Emtol01: 9:31pm On Feb 28, 2017
Pressuring you to convert to her religion? Are you a man of yourself? And are you sure you are a Mumeen? Posters above are enjoining you to, because they want you too to fall in line (hell). If you converted, which Bible will she recommended to you or all the Bibles? I think it's now over 60.

1 Like

Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by suremossty(m): 9:34pm On Feb 28, 2017
Oga means u are forcing urself on her cos if not what stops her from changing from her religion and follow her husband's faith.... at least yoruba adage says oko ni olowo ri aya
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by biblia1: 9:34pm On Feb 28, 2017
Surah An-Noor, Verse 26:
الْخَبِيثَاتُ لِلْخَبِيثِينَ وَالْخَبِيثُونَ لِلْخَبِيثَاتِ وَالطَّيِّبَاتُ لِلطَّيِّبِينَ وَالطَّيِّبُونَ لِلطَّيِّبَاتِ أُولَٰئِكَ مُبَرَّءُونَ مِمَّا يَقُولُونَ لَهُم مَّغْفِرَةٌ وَرِزْقٌ كَرِيمٌ

Unclean things are for unclean ones and unclean ones are for unclean things, and the good things are for good ones and the good ones are for good things; these are free from what they say; they shall have forgiveness and an honorable sustenance.
(English - Shakir)
via iQuran

2 Likes

Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by nyabinghi(m): 9:34pm On Feb 28, 2017
airmark:

Are you saying surah 4 : 157 lied ? Quran said they didnt kill him and you are here telling us another thing. You need to read your quran well.

@ Topic, if he is changing his religion because of marriage, then it's wrong. The lady needs to convince him that he will end up in hell fire as a muslim, following a prophet who was unsure of where he would end up, while alive, as seen in Quran 46:9. The guy should read in quran why his lady is not shifting ground as it is written in quran that the followers of jesus christ (christians) will be greater than the unbelievers (muslims and other non-christians). surah 3:55.
it is on record that jesus cried to his superior to save him but God refused , where did they tell u that muslims dont know where they are going
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by agabaI23(m): 9:35pm On Feb 28, 2017
neoapocalypse:

She's the one trying to force him to change his religion , he doesn't have any problem with her being Christian
I didn't read that from the post except you are the guy.

A few moslems will allow a girl remain a Christian after marriage. And with the love Jihad we know, the girl should not agree if you do not want to change your religion because she is scared you won't remain the same. Why do you want marry an infidel anyway?
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by jasawa: 9:35pm On Feb 28, 2017
Because of a woman you want to change your religion? what if she die or abandon you after?would you still revert back to Islam? how long do you have to stay in this world .' and long can you endure the blazing of hell fire ?think twice and know that no matter how long we live in this world we would die and surely almighty Allah will resurrect us .

1 Like

Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by biblia1: 9:35pm On Feb 28, 2017
Surah Aal-e-Imran, Verse 102:
يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا اتَّقُوا اللَّهَ حَقَّ تُقَاتِهِ وَلَا تَمُوتُنَّ إِلَّا وَأَنتُم مُّسْلِمُونَ

O you who believe! be careful of (your duty to) Allah with the care which is due to Him, and do not die unless you are Muslims.
(English - Shakir)

via iQuran

3 Likes

Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by whitebeard(m): 9:36pm On Feb 28, 2017
EazyMoh:
You will definitely loose her respect and the respect of everyone around you. If she had agreed to marry you as a Muslim but later convince you to change then no problem. But forcing you to change sends an ugly message that you don't exert any authority in the relationship especially as the man. It means you forfeit the right to have any strong opinion that may oppose her own in the future, and she will feel entitled to make you change yours and accept hers. If you are ready to let go of your religion now, then don't come complaining when she asks you to change your job or settlement or country or diet or anything else that may be fundamental to your life.
If you want to convert convert because you are convinced Christianity is the best religion for you.
Just like I won't advise any of you to change to the other's religion as a condition for marriage.
If you love each other and have been dating each other up to this time where you are convinced you are meant for each other, I don't see why then you have to change your religion at this time of the relationship.
are u sure that is what the woman is thinking..well according to me that is just one of the instance not the exact instance..!![color=#000099][/color]
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by Cutehector(m): 9:36pm On Feb 28, 2017
Jesus says. I am the way, the truth and the life...

What did your prophet say?

1 Like

Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by biblia1: 9:38pm On Feb 28, 2017
Surah Aal-e-Imran, Verse 19:
إِنَّ الدِّينَ عِندَ اللَّهِ الْإِسْلَامُ وَمَا اخْتَلَفَ الَّذِينَ أُوتُوا الْكِتَابَ إِلَّا مِن بَعْدِ مَا جَاءَهُمُ الْعِلْمُ بَغْيًا بَيْنَهُمْ وَمَن يَكْفُرْ بِآيَاتِ اللَّهِ فَإِنَّ اللَّهَ سَرِيعُ الْحِسَابِ

Surely the (true) religion with God is Islam, and those to whom the Book had been given did not show opposition but after knowledge had come to them, out of envy among themselves; and whoever disbelieves in the communications of God then surely God is quick in reckoning.
(English - Shakir)

via iQuran

2 Likes

Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by nyabinghi(m): 9:38pm On Feb 28, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Same with Muslims .they're hell bound since they worship the moon
and christians worship comets.
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by biblia1: 9:39pm On Feb 28, 2017
Surah Aal-e-Imran, Verse 85:
وَمَن يَبْتَغِ غَيْرَ الْإِسْلَامِ دِينًا فَلَن يُقْبَلَ مِنْهُ وَهُوَ فِي الْآخِرَةِ مِنَ الْخَاسِرِينَ

And whoever desires a religion other than Islam, it shall not be accepted from him, and in the hereafter he shall be one of the losers.
(English - Shakir)

via iQuran

3 Likes

Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by Idrismusty97(m): 9:40pm On Feb 28, 2017
Just one of the many reasons i hate religion.

1 Like

Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by nyabinghi(m): 9:42pm On Feb 28, 2017
Cutehector:

that he has made our faith perfect and that we must worship the creator of the world. and we shouldn't deify him like our lost brothers I.e. christians
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by ezechinwa2: 9:43pm On Feb 28, 2017
lalasticlala:

The world would have been a better place without religion

1 Like

Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by EazyMoh(m): 9:43pm On Feb 28, 2017
whitebeard:
are u sure that is what the woman is thinking..well according to me that is just one of the instance not the exact instance..!![color=#000099][/color]
That's the most likely outcome.
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by Daniel1673(m): 9:44pm On Feb 28, 2017
Bros i tell u nobody will advice better than u advicing urself because u ar a man so follow ur heart. i wish u good luck n success!

1 Like

Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by Lilimax(f): 9:45pm On Feb 28, 2017
Leave her alone! Go get a wife from your religion embarassed
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by SirGoldEjike(m): 9:45pm On Feb 28, 2017
JimloveTM:
You should convert to Christianity sharp sharp

My mum got married to my dad because he promised to change from islam to Christianity. A year after he changed. Today, am happy he did. We are all happy for it. You will be happy for. It's a Leap in the right direction.

Glory be to God!! Your Story just made my day,
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by Lilimax(f): 9:46pm On Feb 28, 2017
Cutehector:

Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by Cutehector(m): 9:46pm On Feb 28, 2017
nyabinghi:
that he has made our faith perfect and that we must worship the creator of the world. and we shouldn't deify him like our lost brothers I.e. christians
through him, in him and with him all things were made.. U cannot separate him from God almighty... He has told u dat u cannot have access to the father without him..

2 Likes

Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by iLiquidator: 9:47pm On Feb 28, 2017
EazyMoh:
You will definitely loose her respect and the respect of everyone around you. If she had agreed to marry you as a Muslim but later convince you to change then no problem. But forcing you to change sends an ugly message that you don't exert any authority in the relationship especially as the man. It means you forfeit the right to have any strong opinion that may oppose her own in the future, and she will feel entitled to make you change yours and accept hers. If you are ready to let go of your religion now, then don't come complaining when she asks you to change your job or settlement or country or diet or anything else that may be fundamental to your life.
If you want to convert convert because you are convinced Christianity is the best religion for you.
Just like I won't advise any of you to change to the other's religion as a condition for marriage.
If you love each other and have been dating each other up to this time where you are convinced you are meant for each other, I don't see why then you have to change your religion at this time of the relationship.
u said it all

By the way, which lalasticlala be dis op?
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by juju2008(f): 9:47pm On Feb 28, 2017
EazyMoh:
That is not completely true. In Christianity, the man still remains the head of the family. i think he should forget about the marriage if he still wants to stick to his religion. If his religion is more important to him then he should go for a Muslim woman.

1 Like

Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by flamingREED(m): 9:47pm On Feb 28, 2017
Nne5:
Why forcing you?
I'm a Christian but that is plain wrong.
What happened to freedom of religion?
You don't force someone to convert to your religion.
That's stupid.

I can't believe some people above me support the lady.
See if she really loves you religion will not stand in the way.#Fact.
Just let her go abeg!
Converting to another religion is something. Now converting because you were FORCED to is something else.Let her go.Your true wife will come.

YOU'RE A CHURCH GOER,

NOT A CHRISTIAN.

1 Corinthians 7
39 The wife is bound by the law as long as her husband liveth; but if her husband be dead, she is at liberty to be married to whom she will; ONLY in the Lord.
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by Lilimax(f): 9:47pm On Feb 28, 2017
Our Lord Jesus Christ is currently in heaven making Intercession for the Saints and not like one prophet that said he does not know wherebhe was going during his death embarassed

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Anambra Catholic Church Attack - Police Nab Suspects / Pastor Damina's Porn Addiction Remedy Enrages Conservative Christians / Is Masturbation A Sin?.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.