Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,841 members, 7,820,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

"I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" (42730 Views)

Has Kanye West Truly Become Christian? Let's Examine His Past And Present Life / Lady Slams Benedicta Elechi, Daddy Freeze's Fiancee For Wearing Seductive Dress / The Perfect Image Of A Christian Before Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by Nobody: 11:02pm On Feb 28, 2017
nyabinghi:
and christians worship comets.
They don't worship comet but Jesus
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by tokky1432: 11:03pm On Feb 28, 2017
Your question indicates that you are not firm on your religion. Why can't she Change hers? it means she knows what she is doing, it's you that doesn't know what you are doing.
Pls hold fast to your Deen. You are the man here , and you are the one marrying her and not orherwise
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by airmark(m): 11:08pm On Feb 28, 2017
nyabinghi:
it is on record that jesus cried to his superior to save him but God refused , where did they tell u that muslims dont know where they are going

Don't shift post, your Quran stated Jesus wasn't killed and I dropped the verse, address that bro, I want to know who played taqqiya between you and Quran. If Mohammed could confirm he didn't know where he would end up and asked followers to still be praying for him in the grave, then I don't think anyone will want to gamble with his eternal life and follow such leader. Can you follow a driver who doesn't know his destination? I dropped those verses to show you why the lady has a reason to ask for her fiance to leave the path to hell. They are quranic verses.

ollah1:

Oh really??what if s/he marries a Muslim ?

That's an eternal suicide. Unless he/she reverts before death.
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by soulhighman(m): 11:11pm On Feb 28, 2017
shakurkings:
My brother, you are not a Muslim. You probably only bear a Muslim name. Cos if you are one, and you stand firm on your religion, no lady can force you to drop your religion all in the name of marriage. I'm not saying you shouldn't convert, but it should come from your mind and not being coerced into it. I'm a Muslim and I pray Allah give you the wisdom and understanding to solve your riddle.
At Op, here is my advice too. The only part where I don't agree with the commenter is where he said you are not a Muslim. But Op, if you are really serious with your Islam in the first place, you won't even date a Christian and if you do, she won't even have the gut to be telling you to change your religion, she will be the one concerned about whether or not you would later ask her to change her religion or later convert her by convincing her. That will be her concern.
In your comment, you said you asked a pastor if she's the one for you. That alone says a lot about how you practice Islam.
May Allah guide you in your decision making.
But my advice is, leave her alone and look for a Muslim girl.

1 Like

Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by Nobody: 11:13pm On Feb 28, 2017
Since you're a Muslim while your fiancée a Christian but both can't shift ground, I would advice you forget about the relationship. Don't get converted because of love but be converted because of conviction not coercion. So look elsewhere after all they're many fishes in the river. There are so many Muslim or pagan girls looking for any opportunity to be married. Don't anything against your wish,don't try to please your family or your fiancée's family but do something that you wouldn't regret. Marriage is a lifetime thing. Don't convert to marry her because it looks deceptive. If I am her father, I wouldn't endorse such marriage in the first place knowing that you converted just to marry my daughter
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by tokky1432: 11:13pm On Feb 28, 2017
Your question indicates that you're not firm on your religion. Why can't she Change hers? it means she knows what she is doing, it's you that doesn't know what you are doing.
Pls hold fast to your Deen. You are the man here , and you are the one marrying her and not otherwise
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by camaraderi(m): 11:14pm On Feb 28, 2017
I am Christian and don't make a mistake of changing your religion because of anyone. Do it for yourself
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by Ridwan6323: 11:15pm On Feb 28, 2017
[b]OK, THAT MEAN YOU LOVE HER BETTER, MY ADVICE IS THAT
"DON'T BECOME ONE THE PERSONS THAT CAN KILL THEIR SELF BECAUSE OF THEIR LOVERS. IF SHE IS REALLY LOVE YOU AND SHE'S AGGRY TO MARRY YOU JUST ASK HER TO LEAVE HER OWN RELIGION, AND TO FOLLOW YOUR OWN (ISLAM)'' BUT NOW I CAN SAID THIS IS SETUP BETWEEN HER, HER PARENT AND THE PASTOR YOU ASKED
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by blackbliz: 11:22pm On Feb 28, 2017
Ba ifa in gbolohun
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by seniorkachion(m): 11:30pm On Feb 28, 2017
Nne5:
Why forcing you?
I'm a Christian but that is plain wrong.
What happened to freedom of religion?
You don't force someone to convert to your religion.
That's stupid.

How is she forcing him? The guy only said so but did not say the instrument she is using to try and force him. He is obviously exaggerated the whole thing. A simple declaration by the girl and her parents that she will not marry a non Christian is taken as forcing.

I can't believe some people above me support the lady.
See if she really loves you religion will not stand in the way.#Fact.
Just let her go abeg!
Converting to another religion is something. Now converting because you were FORCED to is something else.Let her go.Your true wife will come.
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by mtdon: 11:36pm On Feb 28, 2017
You are the man in this relationship. U should ra be the one doing the persuation for your woman to convert to your religion. Especially knowing that your islam religion is tge right way and the ultimate.
so please persuade her to join you. And be firm on the request pls.
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by thexzy(m): 11:41pm On Feb 28, 2017
haffaze777:

power of love indeed,power of love dat can't make her change her religion Abi? continue
why can't you read and analyze every lines of word before quoting. Did I say the man should change his religion or rather that religion shouldn't be used as a yardstick for marriage. If two matured lovers agree to settle down, they should do that on their own accord. Wetin kwoncern me 4 their matter. No be their lives to live before..
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by Akhere1: 11:49pm On Feb 28, 2017
Guy is a right decision if a woman you loved ask you to turn from left to right that means she has a future for you, Christ is the only ways to make heaven please do and comply with her
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by oluamid(m): 11:51pm On Feb 28, 2017
Cutehector:
lol its true... I forgot grin God wasn't lying when he told Haggai that Ishmael(the father of Islam) and his descendants were going to be stubborn hearted

Here lies the single reason I won't convert if I am the OP.

Exceptional cases aside, Christians will always see Muslims as bloodsucking demons and vice versa.

Even if the OP changes his religion, what about his parents? Will they be expected to change too or how would the in laws be viewing them? With suspicion? Goodness forbid I put my folks in that position.

You never know anything Mr OP, at least you are a Muslim. Come walk in my atheistic shoes for a minute. I know how many relationships I've had to forgo because someone wants me to become a follower of Christ or Muhammad.
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by Origin(f): 11:52pm On Feb 28, 2017
Everyone knows the girl follows the man's religion. Makes me remember that Yoruba film grin (parents of twins with different religion).

By the way its not bad for the man too to change for the woman . All na love.

Did you really think I could advise you on such a personal matter. Your deen/ like your virtue, is yours. Do with it what you will.
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by Nobody: 11:53pm On Feb 28, 2017
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by Outofsync(m): 11:53pm On Feb 28, 2017
Joavid:
Nigerians never cease to amaze me.

is this an issue you seek advice on?

very soon you'll ask us if Maiduguri is safe to live in.

You're a Muslim, why are you engaged to a Christian? How exactly do you think it will work without friction?

Infact, how did you get this point gan that you did not know she will eventually make demands like this? were you sleeping all the while in the relationship?

You better break off your engagement and find a Muslim like you.

:-/
This is very senseless actually.
Muslims and Christians still inter-marry and nothing happens.

I'm starting to fear religion divides more than it connects.
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by presido997(m): 11:55pm On Feb 28, 2017
shakurkings:
My brother, you are not a Muslim. You probably only bear a Muslim name. Cos if you are one, and you stand firm on your religion, no lady can force you to drop your religion all in the name of marriage. I'm not saying you shouldn't convert, but it should come from your mind and not being coerced into it. I'm a Muslim and I pray Allah give you the wisdom and understanding to solve your riddle.
nice1 bro you speak well, dz guy z not a real muslim , I can't even think of changing to Christian talk less of taking advice that too bad cos of a girl u want to leave ur religion,,, dats bad
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by Hman92: 11:55pm On Feb 28, 2017
ernesty20:
Change to christian because christianity is the only way you can make heaven when you are dead.

Change before it is too late. Dnt say i didnt warn you

So being a Christian guarantees you safe passage to heaven.......Nigerians....look the God I serve dunno bout yours is to big for any godday religion....Christianity is a religion there's nothing more to it...let's emancipate our self's from mental slavery....
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by haykes(m): 12:05am On Mar 01, 2017
BJAYADEMOLA:
It is a matter of choice and agreement with her. But one thing I know is that you should not be the one to change your religion. It is your wife that must follow your religion path.
walahi u make senses if a muslim girl marry christian let her convert 2 christian man should be in control yes
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by humurphia(m): 12:10am On Mar 01, 2017
ernesty20:
Change to christian because christianity is the only way you can make heaven when you are dead.

Change before it is too late. Dnt say i didnt warn you
.clean your mouth
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by chiraqDemon(m): 12:10am On Mar 01, 2017
agabaI23:
You are looking for a girl to convert via marriage? I am very sure that someone like you will force her to change to islam after marriage. Leave her alone if you can't change your religion. Let her be. She has been practising her own religion since childhood too.
Why cant she change too
Or better still let each of them worship their own way
Religion should not also spoil love for ppl after spoiling many other things
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by chiraqDemon(m): 12:15am On Mar 01, 2017
BJAYADEMOLA:
It is a matter of choice and agreement with her. But one thing I know is that you should not be the one to change your religion. It is your wife that must follow your religion path.
Why should it be the wife exactly
Each person has his or her own belief and should not be forced to change for amy reason amd most definitely not because she is a woman
I believe they can live together without having to change at all
Afterall they did it when they were courting
As for the children they should not drag the children to mosque or church when they are young
Rather they should allow the children to grow up an make their choice of religion for themselves
Afterall both islam and Christianity believe in paradise after death and there is no sure way of knowing which is real
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by Kagarko(m): 12:19am On Mar 01, 2017
JimloveTM:
You should convert to Christianity sharp sharp

My mum got married to my dad because he promised to change from islam to Christianity. A year after he changed. Today, am happy he did. We are all happy for it. You will be happy for. It's a Leap in the right direction.

May Allah open your eyes to come back to the right religion. The religion of Noah, Abraham, Moses, Ishmael, Isaac and Jesus (ie Islam).

They all worship one God and that is Allah. The only religion that lacks contradictions in theory (book) and practice (worship).

If you can mention where Jesus Alayhissalam said worship me iam God in the Bible many Muslims will become Christians.

if you can mention where Bible called itself Bible or where Bible mentioned the religion Christianity from Genesis to Revelation.

Come over to Islam come over to the religion Of Peace

1 Like

Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by chiraqDemon(m): 12:24am On Mar 01, 2017
BJAYADEMOLA:
I disagree there
Its like saying that she is the minor in the relationship
I believe marriage is about submission on both ends and non should be forced to submit to the other if the other will not do same....especially on issues like religion since it is really important in this africa
I dont believe a woman has to follow the man's religion by force especially not because she is the wife
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by chiraqDemon(m): 12:27am On Mar 01, 2017
iPopAlomo:
I'm a Muslim... Le Boo is a Christian...

my grandfather is a Muslim (Alhaji)... his wife (my grandmother is a Christian (Evangelist Holy Flock)... both resting in peace...

my mom's twin is a Christian (mfm)... her husband is a Muslim (Alhaji)...

all married one woman... all stayed loyal... even me sef... grin

Anyways... point is... she saw you a Muslim... she fell in love with you a Muslim... why bring crazy condition at one minute to marriage... I won't tell you what to do... whatever decision you make... stick with it and don't let anyone sway you...

oh... my Le Boo...

Her father Muslim... her mother Christian (Methodist)...

plenty examples mehn... and all had one wife...
Exactly.....practicing same religion does not guatantee peace in marriage
Its dedication faithfulness and commitment
Thank u fir sharing this ur example
I really believe they should just stay the way they are
Nobody needs to change to anything
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by ofwest47(m): 12:36am On Mar 01, 2017
I am a Muslim and Alhaji my wife is a Christian a deaconess and we have been married for 35 years with out any problem as everybody serves God in their own ways. The Holy Quran says (LAKUNDINIKUN WALIYADIINI ) ie There is no compulsion in religion your way of worship is for you and my own way of worship is for me if you can agree on this you will live a peaceful life.
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by yusufficient(m): 12:43am On Mar 01, 2017
woodcook:
So you mean that your option is choosing between the man you love and want to spend the rest of your life with or sticking with your Arab religion?

I am not sure which part of the country you are from but to save yourself from being beheaded for apostate tell your man to keep your conversion secret if you chose to convert.

i can see that there's tetanus in ur shrinking brain...? are you not the sponsors of those terrorist ..... owh you are trying to tanish the image of Islam ....buh no matter what you do islam will definitely dominate the world.
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by yahmohy27: 12:44am On Mar 01, 2017
ritababe:

if he change? that's a lie.
If he changes?that's a true
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by yahmohy27: 12:48am On Mar 01, 2017
Nne5:
Why forcing you?
I'm a Christian but that is plain wrong.
What happened to freedom of religion?
You don't force someone to convert to your religion.
That's stupid.

I can't believe some people above me support the lady.
See if she really loves you religion will not stand in the way.#Fact.
Just let her go abeg!
Converting to another religion is something. Now converting because you were FORCED to is something else.Let her go.Your true wife will come.
See sense ,are you really a lady ? Wow ! Unlike those above ,,,,Mumu ppl so sentiment
Re: "I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" by yusufficient(m): 12:58am On Mar 01, 2017
tongue ;Dwhenever i remember that i was born as a Muslim .... i felt so Glad.. am so lucky ... i always thank my GOD .. EVEN THE XTIANS KNWS IN THEIR MIND THAT ISLAM IS THE TOTAL WAY OF LIFE... ONLY RELIGION THAT TEACHES HOW TO LEAVE A PEACEFUL LIFE.. OMG I SO MUCH LOVE THE FACT THAT AM A MUSLIM.. ;Dwhenever i remember that i was born as a Muslim .... i felt so Glad.. am so lucky ... i always thank my GOD .. EVEN THE XTIANS KNWS IN THEIR MIND THAT ISLAM IS THE TOTAL WAY OF LIFE... ONLY RELIGION THAT TEACHES HOW TO LEAVE A PEACEFUL LIFE.. OMG I SO MUCH LOVE THE FACT THAT AM A MUSLIM..

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS: Wise Man John Chi Returns To TB Joshua's Church! / Is Masturbation A Sin?. / ''Thunder Uproots Fuel Tanks After Land Battle Btw Pastor And Businesman''. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.