Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,337 members, 7,815,670 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

I Studied Overseas.. Should I Come Back To Nigeria? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Studied Overseas.. Should I Come Back To Nigeria? (3070 Views)

Please How Do I Come Out From This / ‘My Clients Don’t Come Back To Me After Sex’; Prostitute Who Attacked Rival / KISSING: I Studied Kissing Engineering. See Proof. To Be Deleted Soon. [PICTURE] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Studied Overseas.. Should I Come Back To Nigeria? by Jeddy100(m): 1:32pm On Mar 01, 2017
This is a topic that is really close to my heart and I hope it helps someone reading this post.

I have been privileged to have studied overseas and I currently have a Job overseas. However, there is this burning desire to come back to Nigeria, partly because there is no place like home as well as the fact that I would like to give back to my nation in some way.

There are however so many disturbing stories about Nigeria regarding corruption, political instability and economical dis-functionalities. Would it be selfish for me to stay overseas and continue working here or would I be letting myself and my nation down if I don't come back to my country.

I know getting a good paying Job will not be an issue, however, the living conditions in Nigeria is something I am no longer accustom to.

I am really torn and I need some advice.

cc @lalasticlala
Re: I Studied Overseas.. Should I Come Back To Nigeria? by Tokziby: 1:33pm On Mar 01, 2017

3 Likes

Re: I Studied Overseas.. Should I Come Back To Nigeria? by PUSSYHOE(m): 1:35pm On Mar 01, 2017
come back and marry our girls they need husband

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Studied Overseas.. Should I Come Back To Nigeria? by Elkay3: 1:37pm On Mar 01, 2017
There's no place like home....dont you think it could depend on the "home"?
Re: I Studied Overseas.. Should I Come Back To Nigeria? by Elkay3: 1:38pm On Mar 01, 2017
PUSSYHOE:

What happens to all the able gentlemen that are around?
Re: I Studied Overseas.. Should I Come Back To Nigeria? by dacblogger: 1:39pm On Mar 01, 2017
And this is a problew how?? undecided
Re: I Studied Overseas.. Should I Come Back To Nigeria? by dacblogger: 1:40pm On Mar 01, 2017
Elkay3:

They are nt ready to marry..
Re: I Studied Overseas.. Should I Come Back To Nigeria? by PUSSYHOE(m): 1:40pm On Mar 01, 2017
Elkay3:

are you married?
Re: I Studied Overseas.. Should I Come Back To Nigeria? by Elkay3: 1:50pm On Mar 01, 2017
PUSSYHOE:
are you married?
No. Why did you ask?
Re: I Studied Overseas.. Should I Come Back To Nigeria? by Elkay3: 1:50pm On Mar 01, 2017
dacblogger:

They are nt ready to marry..
It's due to high bride price.
May be.
Re: I Studied Overseas.. Should I Come Back To Nigeria? by Jeddy100(m): 1:52pm On Mar 01, 2017
Tokziby:
First of all add the letter T to hear. "...close to my hear.."

Living oversea and having a good paying job but wanting to relocate to Nigeria is a burning issue that people living abroad are battling with. My opinion;

1. If u must come home, get ur priorities right, by having a shelter (preferably owned), mobility and enough "mula" in ur bank account.
2. If truly u want to give back to your society, Job Hunting should be cancelled, creating job should be ur aim. Besides the salary u will earn here will be far lesser to your current earning
3. You cannot just ditch oversea for the sake of wanting to come home, u must first take a leave from ur place of work and come home to do a thorough feasibility study of what u want to achieve, else na one chance u go enter oo
4. Truly no place like home but u must use ur head and have a plan B of going back incase things no work out as planned. You can always go back and re-strategize.

My TEN kobo... Best of Luck smiley

Thank you sir.. please make the following changes

Oversea should be Overseas in all your references.
In point 3 "take a leave" is not appropriate.. rather say "Take leave"
In point 4, "incase" should be "in case"

Thanks for your assistance though..HOWEVER, your need to correct my grammatical error in the first line was uncalled for

1 Like

Re: I Studied Overseas.. Should I Come Back To Nigeria? by Jeddy100(m): 1:53pm On Mar 01, 2017
PUSSYHOE:

Marriage is also a strong consideration sir...
Re: I Studied Overseas.. Should I Come Back To Nigeria? by Jeddy100(m): 1:54pm On Mar 01, 2017
Elkay3:
There's no place like home....dont you think it could depend on the "home"?

It does depend on the type of home, however, its about experiencing the true Nigeria and doing something that I can be proud of in so doing giving back tom my community. Even if it is a normal Job, at least my taxes as well as other contributions I will make in my job environment will be a way to give back to my community.
Re: I Studied Overseas.. Should I Come Back To Nigeria? by Jeddy100(m): 1:55pm On Mar 01, 2017
dacblogger:
And this is a problew how?? undecided

It is a problem because I am torn between what to do.. Leave overseas or come back home to Nigeria..
Re: I Studied Overseas.. Should I Come Back To Nigeria? by nzeobi(m): 1:58pm On Mar 01, 2017
Many that schooled in naija are trying negotiate a refund of their school fees so they can go abroad where there is a better environment.
Please don't come back for now until you have enough enough to create jobs and giving back to the society.
Nigeria where people still dye of common malaria.
Re: I Studied Overseas.. Should I Come Back To Nigeria? by himkers2: 1:59pm On Mar 01, 2017
see mumu kwestion abeg....

others are looking for ways to escape the jungle and you want to come and kill yourself by yourself, Dont say I didnt warn you!

2 Likes

Re: I Studied Overseas.. Should I Come Back To Nigeria? by Elkay3: 1:59pm On Mar 01, 2017
Jeddy100:

It does depend on the type of home, however, its about experiencing the true Nigeria and doing something that I can be proud of in so doing giving back tom my community. Even if it is a normal Job, at least my taxes as well as other contributions I will make in my job environment will be a way to give back to my community.

You're right. But...the issue of job is a serious one. By statistical predictions, the economy would pick up towards the end of the year. But for now, unemployment is still a monster!
Though if you're sure of getting a job, that does it.
Re: I Studied Overseas.. Should I Come Back To Nigeria? by Elkay3: 2:00pm On Mar 01, 2017
himkers2:

others are looking for ways to escape the jungle and you want to come and kill yourself by yourself, Dont say I didnt warn you!

Not everyone shares that idea. And I really appreciate the ones who don't.
Re: I Studied Overseas.. Should I Come Back To Nigeria? by Jeddy100(m): 2:02pm On Mar 01, 2017
Re: I Studied Overseas.. Should I Come Back To Nigeria? by Jeddy100(m): 2:02pm On Mar 01, 2017
himkers2:

Your opinion has been duly noted...
Re: I Studied Overseas.. Should I Come Back To Nigeria? by himkers2: 2:03pm On Mar 01, 2017
Elkay3:

now let me ask you, when u get back home, will you be able to get a good paying job like the one you are doing over there, or will you begin to carry files up and down like some foreign trained graduates currently do?
Re: I Studied Overseas.. Should I Come Back To Nigeria? by Jeddy100(m): 2:03pm On Mar 01, 2017
Elkay3:

Thanks Bro...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Studied Overseas.. Should I Come Back To Nigeria? by Jeddy100(m): 2:04pm On Mar 01, 2017
Elkay3:

You're right. But...the issue of job is a serious one. By statistical predictions, the economy would pick up towards the end of the year. But for now, unemployment is still a monster!
Though if you're sure of getting a job, that does it.

I have been looking for a Job, with a possibility to come work locally with my current company.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Studied Overseas.. Should I Come Back To Nigeria? by Elkay3: 2:07pm On Mar 01, 2017
himkers2:

now let me ask you, when u get back home, will you be able to get a good paying job like the one you are doing over there, or will you begin to carry files up and down like some foreign trained graduates currently do?
You can be successful, by others standard, and then not be happy. But when you're happy, you're successful, despite others standard.
Re: I Studied Overseas.. Should I Come Back To Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Mar 01, 2017
Jeddy100:

It is a problem because I am torn between what to do.. Leave overseas or come back home to Nigeria..
What country are you currently in and what course did you study there?.
Re: I Studied Overseas.. Should I Come Back To Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Mar 01, 2017
I really wouldn't advice you come back
I mean
Nigeria is hell

1 Like

Re: I Studied Overseas.. Should I Come Back To Nigeria? by Jeddy100(m): 2:14pm On Mar 01, 2017
kimbra:
What country are you currently in and what course did you study there?.

UK.. I am in the accountancy field!!!
Re: I Studied Overseas.. Should I Come Back To Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Mar 01, 2017
recession is still in full swing o.so understand wat u might meet here.
Re: I Studied Overseas.. Should I Come Back To Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Mar 01, 2017
Evaberry:

I mean

Nigeria is hell
gbam
Re: I Studied Overseas.. Should I Come Back To Nigeria? by Jeddy100(m): 2:15pm On Mar 01, 2017
Evaberry:

I mean

Nigeria is hell

Is it that bad..surely there are people who are enjoying and still feel satisfied that they are contributing to their OWN country
Re: I Studied Overseas.. Should I Come Back To Nigeria? by Jeddy100(m): 2:16pm On Mar 01, 2017
lefulefu:
recession is still in full swing o.so understand wat u might meet here.

There is no place lilke home
Re: I Studied Overseas.. Should I Come Back To Nigeria? by Tokziby: 2:18pm On Mar 01, 2017
Jeddy100:

Thank you sir.. please make the following changes

Oversea should be Overseas in all your references.
In point 3 "take a leave" is not appropriate.. rather say "Take leave"
In point 4, "incase" should be "in case"

Thanks for your assistance though..HOWEVER, your need to correct my grammatical error in the first line was uncalled for

So adding a single T (for typo error) has now converted ur thread into an English Grammar class, well done sir. Sorry sir oooo, omode lo se mi oo... deleted the whole thing, hope u are happy now.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Nairaland Experience Inside The Church. / Couple Trend World Wide After Being Mocked, Over 300 Brands To Sponsor Wedding / Woman Caught Husband In Another Woman's B£droom, See Her Reaction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.