Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,052 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

I Love My Dogs! - Pets (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / I Love My Dogs! (55356 Views)

Threatened By A Snake, Warned By My Dogs / Pls Suggest The Type Of Local Food I Can Give To My Dogs. / High Blood Content In My Dogs Urine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 9:59pm On May 03, 2017
So Lira and John B left the nest today at 9 weeks and I am literally crying . I never expected to be this emotional cos I always saw them as food mongers and money suckers. it feels like they have died or something. it turns out the guy that paid for them is selling to someone else. I may never hear about them again. they took them this night in the rain so I didn't even take a goodbye shot.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Love My Dogs! by theyongest: 10:24pm On May 03, 2017
jayned:

thanks theyongest thanks for the encouragement. I have tried all sorts of food. he likes canned food sha but I can't afford to be feeding him that daily. I have used Arion, booster then bingo. I won't mind suggestions please.

Try chicken bones if you're close to Shoprite. Just wall to the butchery and ask for it. Everyone loves chicken.

2 Likes

Re: I Love My Dogs! by blackfm: 10:32pm On Jul 27, 2017
Hello, I'm new to dogs, never owned one until now and I've never lived with one. I got a Samoyed, it's been vaccinated and all and I'm following vet appointment schedules for treatments. Now I've been feeding her only canned dog food; Jojo and pedigree food but I don't know what else I can give her that won't be harmful to her. She's just 10 weeks old and greedy as hell. Wants to eat everything I'm eating. 2, she pees anywhere she pleases, been locking her in the balcony overnight coz of this. How do I make her behave, my flat constantly smells like dog now. I need tips on how 2 to potty train her, what else she can eat besides canned food and how to get her to understand and obey basic commands. Thanks

Re: I Love My Dogs! by Derrickdogboy(m): 12:06am On Jul 28, 2017
Hi, everyone I'm Derrick I'm the owner of Ricky's kennel based in lagos I'm offering great prices on any Breed of dog you want request and well tell you if we have it puppy Or adult breeds most available are: no:08067467747:
Cauncasin:87k
Gsd:36k
Rottweiler:85k
Boerbul:97k
Lahsa:70k
Samoyed: 60k
Eskimo:50k
Slant back Gsd: 150k
Neopo and bull mastiff: 135k many more available all prices negotiable call or whats app 08067467747 @Ricky's kennel to order
Pay on delivery available with terms and conditions delivery to other States also available

Re: I Love My Dogs! by rumenase(m): 1:41am On Jul 29, 2017
jayned I love your dogs pls update us.
Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 12:45pm On Aug 17, 2017
Hi all! I know I have been off the radar for a while. A Lot has happened since last time. It turned out that Zeus was ill that was why he was not eating as per my last post. He however recovered fully and is active and eating well (Infact he can now eat for africa). He even bullies Ira who is way bigger and older than him when it comes to food.

He will be 9months old in a couple of weeks.

I noticed Ira started bleeding yesterday so we are expecting puppies soon. We plan to mate in 10 days time. We won't be using Zeus cos we feel he is too young besides Ira is bigger than him though he is taller.

This is a picture of Ira below.

3 Likes

Re: I Love My Dogs! by cedar3: 3:38pm On Aug 17, 2017
pls can u be gracious enough to drop off your digits for me? I can't believe what my eyes are seeing. seems like yesterday and by God your dogs are great. Any update on d sold ones?
Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 6:33pm On Aug 17, 2017
The first picture is of Ira after her post partum bath and shave. she lost a lot of hair and some weight. The hair loss scared me but when I googled it, I discovered it's normal.

The second picture is of Ira and Zeus taken today.

Re: I Love My Dogs! by Nobody: 8:23pm On Aug 17, 2017
Pls don't keep a male with same bloodline with her. It's not the best
Re: I Love My Dogs! by 14teenK: 8:40pm On Aug 17, 2017
jayned:
The first picture is of Ira after her post partum bath and shave. she lost a lot of hair and some weight. The hair loss scared me but when I googled it, I discovered it's normal.

The second picture is of Ira and Zeus taken today.
how old is the male.. ..you are really doing a great job
Re: I Love My Dogs! by Nobody: 8:58pm On Aug 17, 2017
Wow
Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 1:11pm On Aug 18, 2017
wapadunk:
Pls don't keep a male with same bloodline with her. It's not the best

Thanks for your comment. however, if you followed the thread, you will know that Zeus is not Ira's offspring.

2 Likes

Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 1:13pm On Aug 18, 2017
14teenK:
how old is the male.. ..you are really doing a great job

He will be 9 months in 2 weeks time. Thanks for the encouragement.
Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 1:20pm On Aug 18, 2017
cedar3:
pls can u be gracious enough to drop off your digits for me? I can't believe what my eyes are seeing. seems like yesterday and by God your dogs are great. Any update on d sold ones?

Thanks for your comment. I am in touch with only 2 of the owners that bought the dogs. The pictures I have of them are old. once I get current ones, I will upload.
Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 9:54am On Aug 26, 2017
We did the mating today. Phew! Thank God it went well though it lasted longer than the previous 2 times. I really felt for Ira cos it seemed she was uncomfortable. Next mating will be in 2 days time. We will be expecting the puppies in approximately 60 to 63 days so let the count down begin.

We used Diamond the first baby daddy again. I noticed our Ira has grown since the last time we mated them. She will be 3 years old in 4 months time.

The breeder advised we cut down her food ration by half because of her weight. She out weighs the stud a bit though he is taller.

Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 11:00am On Aug 26, 2017
More mating pictures.

1 Like

Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 12:14pm On Aug 28, 2017
Today's mating went well as well.

I had always thought mating dogs was easy breezy in the sense that you just bring the male and female together and leave them to do their business. It turns out they need assistance (maybe it's the breed). But here I see 2 men having to hold the bitch one holding the head while the other while sitting holds her hind leg and tail lest it be in the way. (it is no task for me at all). The guy sitting also guides the stud and ensures he stays in place before the tie.

Today's tie lasted less than a minute just like the second time in the first season we mated.

In this mating business, you have to get ready to get dirty.

3 Likes

Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 12:27pm On Aug 28, 2017
Now that the mating is done, conception would have already taken place or will any time soon. Ira needs to be kept away from Zeus and be off guard duty till she whelps. So we put her in a cage smaller than her regular cage with less access to noise and people she is not liking it but I believe its better than been chained in the backyard for 2 months.

This isolation is to check the possibility of a miscarriage and she won't be needing much food since she is won't be doing any running and jumping around.

1 Like

Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 12:36pm On Aug 28, 2017
Last time Ira was pregnant, it was almost impossible to tell since she was big before mating so the bulging of the tummy was insignificant . The only way we could tell was if we felt her teats.

For this season, last time I checked her teats before mating, it was smaller than a peanut seed I even thought it was a tick I kept pulling at it before I realised luckily for me she didn't bite me.

As the weeks progress I will be able to know from the size of the teats if she is pregnant.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Love My Dogs! by cedar3: 7:42pm On Aug 29, 2017
Let's keep our fingers crossed. Lemme start gathering my money cos I MUST buy from this litter.
Re: I Love My Dogs! by cedar3: 7:46pm On Aug 29, 2017
No pics?
Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 12:14pm On Sep 07, 2017
cedar3:
No pics?

if you mean pics of the teats, no because I will need an extra pair of hands or two to hold her in place and to put the hair in place to expose the teat while I snap.

You know they can get overly excited (I mean caucasians). I don't wanna lose my phone screen again.
Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 1:33pm On Sep 07, 2017
last time I told you we put Ira in a smaller cage to minimize her movement and all. Well, she looked or was really miserable in there when we brought her out after two days for a small walk, it was like she just got out of prison. she has since refused to even go near the cage or enter it.

we usually had a tough time getting her into her regular room. she would usually literally do yanga by shaking her waste,wagging her tail, rolling on the floor and refusing to budge. But after 2 days in that cage, (I am sure she thought we jailed her for too much yanga ) she does not want that anymore. the moment she hears go into your room, she would quickly run into her regular room for fear of being thrown into jail.

I really hope all goes well. as per her physical development, I noticed she has lost some weight probably because we reduced her food. meanwhile the teats are still as they were.

2 Likes

Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 6:36pm On Sep 30, 2017
it's exactly 36 days today since the first mating. There are actually no significant evidences if Ira is pregnant or not. I feel her teats have enlarged a tinny bit since the last time. Meanwhile, she has not gained her weight fully at the tuck but I noticed her ribs area is larger and rounder than usual.

If indeed she is preg, then we will be expecting the puppies in about 26 days time.

1 Like

Re: I Love My Dogs! by Nobody: 9:59am On Oct 01, 2017
This is so big! Wow! Great work!
I so love your dogs!

1 Like

Re: I Love My Dogs! by ChellyN: 5:00pm On Oct 03, 2017
Moreeeee please

1 Like

Re: I Love My Dogs! by Princejboy(m): 12:28am On Oct 04, 2017
wow!I so love ur dogs,keep up the good work.

1 Like

Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 7:01pm On Oct 14, 2017
These are pictures of Ira my caucasian bitch pregnant at about 50 days.

Do you see the bulge in the second picture or is it my eyes? Anyway, based on our countdown, we should be expecting the puppies in 12 days time give or take 3 days.

2 Likes

Re: I Love My Dogs! by mimmzfz11(m): 9:16pm On Oct 14, 2017
pls can u drop your contact? or u can chat me on whatapp 08137914909 would love to have a female puppy.thanks
Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 5:55pm On Oct 15, 2017
This is Zeus at 10months

Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 5:58pm On Oct 15, 2017
Zeus again at 10 months. 07037622900 is my number.

Re: I Love My Dogs! by cybriz82(m): 10:58pm On Oct 15, 2017
jayned:
My Caucasian puppies are 4 weeks old today. Yahoo! The rubber rings have all fallen off and today, they all ate from their bowl with minimal mess. The have been looking very dirty with caked food and poop I guess eeewww. So they had their first spot bath we used warm water, mild dog shampoo, a soft brush and towel. They looked a lot better though not spotless cos we didn't wanna scrub them too much.

correct

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

330-Year-Old Male Land Turtle In Ogbomoso (Photos) / A Dog Made FRSC Officials Free The Boss In Edo State / A Lion, A Bear & Tiger Rescued From Abusive Owners, Bonded Together As Siblings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.