Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,905 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

I Love My Dogs! - Pets (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / I Love My Dogs! (55438 Views)

Threatened By A Snake, Warned By My Dogs / Pls Suggest The Type Of Local Food I Can Give To My Dogs. / High Blood Content In My Dogs Urine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Love My Dogs! by oyetpel(m): 11:32am On Oct 27, 2017
That's cool.
I wish i have money.
I want to rear dogs.
That will be in future though.

1 Like

Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 8:30pm On Oct 27, 2017
@ day 63, Ira had 8puppies but 2 were stillborn. That means 6 are alive. We give God all the glory. The pups and mama are all doing fine.

See below picture of dead puppies. One was not fully developed.

1 Like

Re: I Love My Dogs! by mimmzfz11(m): 8:35pm On Oct 27, 2017
jayned:
@ day 63, Ira had 8puppies but 2 were stillborn. That means 6 are alive. We give God all the glory. The pups and mama are all doing fine.

eayah, bt still good...hw many female and male...congratulations
Re: I Love My Dogs! by onatisi(m): 10:30pm On Oct 27, 2017
jayned:

kudos, you have really tried .

1 Like

Re: I Love My Dogs! by Nobody: 12:29am On Oct 28, 2017
Bro You are very good I read your post from beginning to the end. Pls I need your advice on how best to feed my doberman to gain some weight.Thanks

1 Like

Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 11:57am On Oct 28, 2017
kingdaro:
Bro You are very good I read your post from beginning to the end. Pls I need your advice on how best to feed my doberman to gain some weight.Thanks

I really don't know what will work for your dog. When we got Ira, we didn't know much about dogs and feeding them except for the mongrels we had while growing up. She was fed Diamond kibbles and canned food at the kennel where we got her from. Since diamond was too expensive, we settled for Arion and canned wet food occasionally till she was 6months when she stopped eating the Arion on her own.

After that I started feeding her corn, groundnut, crayfish and soybean. I didn't even know about the toxicity of soy beans and I would just buy and grind without roasting or removing the back. I would prepare it like tuwo with okra soup enough to feed about 3 people. I am sure she would have been obese if she was not very active and if not for the daily walks.

I even thought she was not growing fine since I had never seen any other caucasian to compare her with.

When we went for mating,at the same kennel we got her from, the owner was beyond surprised and advised I stop feeding her soybeans roasted or not.

If you noticed, Zeus my male dog is not as weighty as Ira. And we stopped feeding him kibbles at 6 months too but he was a picky eater.

1 Like

Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 11:59am On Oct 28, 2017
mimmzfz11:
eayah, bt still good...hw many female and male...congratulations

thanks for the best wishes. When they were 5, there were 4 males and 1 female. I don't know the sex of the 6th yet.
Re: I Love My Dogs! by 14teenK: 12:34pm On Oct 28, 2017
jayned:

I really don't know what will work for your dog. When we got Ira, we didn't know much about dogs and feeding them except for the mongrels we had while growing up. She was fed Diamond kibbles and canned food at the kennel where we got her from. Since diamond was too expensive, we settled for Arion and canned wet food occasionally till she was 6months when she stopped eating the Arion on her own.

After that I started feeding her corn, groundnut, crayfish and soybean. I didn't even know about the toxicity of soy beans and I would just buy and grind without roasting or removing the back. I would prepare it like tuwo with okra soup enough to feed about 3 people. I am sure she would have been obese if she was not very active and if not for the daily walks.

I even thought she was not growing fine since I had never seen any other caucasian to compare her with.

When we went for mating,at the same kennel we got her from, the owner was beyond surprised and advised I stop feeding her soybeans roasted or not.

If you noticed, Zeus my male dog is not as weighty as Ira. And we stopped feeding him kibbles at 6 months too but he was a picky eater.
pls will like to know, the corn you do feed is it cooked or normal and the groundnut too is it cooked or fried, with the okra soup, and do you still feed her those because I am marveled at the size of your cauc.
Re: I Love My Dogs! by uboma(m): 1:40pm On Oct 28, 2017
jayned:

Hard luck about the still born.

Luckily, Ira is well and her others babies as well.

Congratulations to Ira and you for the care and love shown to your dogs.
Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 7:17pm On Oct 28, 2017
14teenK:
pls will like to know, the corn you do feed is it cooked or normal and the groundnut too is it cooked or fried, with the okra soup, and do you still feed her those because I am marveled at the size of your cauc.

No I don't make the okra soup anymore. I just fry my groundnut and grind with the corn(maize) not fried and add fish or crayfish. Then I heat water to boiling point add my concoction and stir. Funny I used to add Maggi and salt while cooking for them.Ira is ok with it but Zeus appetite fluctuates. Now that she has whelped, I will add the roasted soybeans. I actually saw the recipe on this nairaland.
see link below.

If I have time I will try the okra soup thingy to see if Zeus will like it.

https://www.nairaland.com/3260193/advice-local-recipe-dog-food
Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 7:18pm On Oct 28, 2017
uboma:

Hard luck about the still born.

Luckily, Ira is well and her others babies as well.

Congratulations to Ira and you for the care and love shown to your dogs.

Thanks for your kind words.
Re: I Love My Dogs! by onatisi(m): 7:44pm On Oct 28, 2017
jayned:

Thanks for your kind words.
so now that lra has given birth , no more pictures , abi?

ok kwantinue angry angry
Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 9:11pm On Oct 28, 2017
mama and babies on day of birth. The last 2 were born with poo stringing from their anus I even thought their intestines were coming out (it sure freaked me out).

2 Likes

Re: I Love My Dogs! by onatisi(m): 9:31pm On Oct 28, 2017
jayned:
mama and babies on day of birth. The last 2 were born with poo stringing from their anus I even thought their intestines were coming out (it sure freaked me out).
after this let this dog rest small before mating it again. I think that will be better

1 Like

Re: I Love My Dogs! by Dan18(m): 11:02pm On Oct 28, 2017
I'm really picking interest in these puppies...... But.... I'm in Lag, I just wnt to have an idea of how much it will cost me to get a Caucasian puppy dats as nice as these?
Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 6:51am On Oct 29, 2017
onatisi:

so now that lra has given birth , no more pictures , abi?

ok kwantinue angry angry

lol. I thought u would be tired of seeing pictures by now cos they are pretty much the same.
Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 7:03am On Oct 29, 2017
Dan18:
I'm really picking interest in these puppies...... But.... I'm in Lag, I just wnt to have an idea of how much it will cost me to get a Caucasian puppy dats as nice as these?

you mean as nice as their mum and older siblings. Well, we sold them for 90k last litter. we are yet to decide on the price for this litter. And only males are available as we are keeping the female.
Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 5:14pm On Oct 29, 2017
onatisi:

after this let this dog rest small before mating it again. I think that will be better

thanks for the advice.
Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 6:52pm On Oct 29, 2017
Whining by now, day 3 is almost non existent except for when Ira gets up abruptly. I guess they are now ok and the temperature is just fine. I heat the room with charcoal especially at night.

2 Likes

Re: I Love My Dogs! by onatisi(m): 7:05pm On Oct 29, 2017
jayned:
Whining by now, day 3 is almost non existent except for when Ira gets up abruptly. I guess they are now ok and the temperature is just fine. I heat the room with charcoal especially at night.

you heat their room ?
you are really giving your dog a first class treatment

7 Likes

Re: I Love My Dogs! by rumenase(m): 10:47pm On Oct 29, 2017
onatisi:

American Liberty Kennels
Recently at an AKC Dog Breeding Symposium held at Michigan State University with key note speaker Dr. Claudia Orlandi Ph.D. (AKC's breeder of the year and author of The ABC's of Dog Breeding) shocked many breeders when it was disclosed that there have been scientific studies to show that it is detrimental for bitches to skip heat cycles. It was shared that once you have begun to mate a bitch that you should NOT skip any heat cycles until she is completely finished breeding. A bitch is said to be "finished" breeding when her litter size is drastically decreased. The study involved following females that were bred every heat cycle and females that were bred every other heat cycle. After they were "finished" breeding, the bitches were spayed and their uterus dissected. Those showing most stress, and damage of the uterus were the females that were bred "every other" heat cycle. Part of the rational that skipping heat cycles is harmful stems from the fact that with consecutive heat cyclesthere is no "flushing action" of the uterus, that normally occurs by having a litter of puppies.The female will go through Estrus no matter if she is bred or not and by breeding a healthy bitch back to back,can lesson the chances of the female experiencing pyometra, infections and false pregnancys. The choice to breed or not, should be contingent upon the goals the breeder has and for sure the mental and physical health of the female, above all else. The important information to take away from this study, is that a breeder with healthy females, does have "choices''

1 Like

Re: I Love My Dogs! by Nobody: 12:19am On Oct 30, 2017
jayned:

thanks for the advice.

Nice dogs, congratulations

1 Like

Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 2:13am On Oct 30, 2017
rumenase:

American Liberty Kennels
Recently at an AKC Dog Breeding Symposium held at Michigan State University with key note speaker Dr. Claudia Orlandi Ph.D. (AKC's breeder of the year and author of The ABC's of Dog Breeding) shocked many breeders when it was disclosed that there have been scientific studies to show that it is detrimental for bitches to skip heat cycles. It was shared that once you have begun to mate a bitch that you should NOT skip any heat cycles until she is completely finished breeding. A bitch is said to be "finished" breeding when her litter size is drastically decreased. The study involved following females that were bred every heat cycle and females that were bred every other heat cycle. After they were "finished" breeding, the bitches were spayed and their uterus dissected. Those showing most stress, and damage of the uterus were the females that were bred "every other" heat cycle. Part of the rational that skipping heat cycles is harmful stems from the fact that with consecutive heat cyclesthere is no "flushing action" of the uterus, that normally occurs by having a litter of puppies.The female will go through Estrus no matter if she is bred or not and by breeding a healthy bitch back to back,can lesson the chances of the female experiencing pyometra, infections and false pregnancys. The choice to breed or not, should be contingent upon the goals the breeder has and for sure the mental and physical health of the female, above all else. The important information to take away from this study, is that a breeder with healthy females, does have "choices''

Nice to see I am not the only researcher here. I appreciate.
Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 2:14am On Oct 30, 2017
Pidgin2:

Nice dogs, congratulations
Thank u very much!
Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 2:20am On Oct 30, 2017
onatisi:

you heat their room ?
you are really giving your dog a first class treatment

It's cold here and the floor of the room is cemented even tough it's lined with cartons and cloth.
Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 2:28am On Oct 30, 2017
One of the puppies on the 3rd day snapped to scale. Also see Ira eating. Her energy level still pretty high as usual. unlike the first birth, she didn't lose her goove this time around.

1 Like

Re: I Love My Dogs! by Nobody: 9:02am On Oct 30, 2017
I love your thread keeps me educated my dobie should be coming into first heat December
Re: I Love My Dogs! by gman55(m): 5:28am On Oct 31, 2017
Hello

Congrats on the safe delivery of your dog. How do i reach you if i am interested in getting a puppy?

I reside in Abuja.
Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 9:06am On Oct 31, 2017
gman55:

Hello

Congrats on the safe delivery of your dog. How do i reach you if i am interested in getting a puppy?

I reside in Abuja.

Thank you! 07037622900
Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 9:06am On Oct 31, 2017
kingdaro:
I love your thread keeps me educated my dobie should be coming into first heat December

how old will she be?
Re: I Love My Dogs! by Nobody: 9:31am On Oct 31, 2017
jayned:

how old will she be?
she will clock 1 year on November 17
Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 8:30pm On Oct 31, 2017
kingdaro:
she will clock 1 year on November 17

So will you wait till her next heat? it's advisable.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

330-Year-Old Male Land Turtle In Ogbomoso (Photos) / A Dog Made FRSC Officials Free The Boss In Edo State / A Lion, A Bear & Tiger Rescued From Abusive Owners, Bonded Together As Siblings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.