Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,577 members, 7,823,509 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

I Love My Dogs! - Pets (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / I Love My Dogs! (55490 Views)

Threatened By A Snake, Warned By My Dogs / Pls Suggest The Type Of Local Food I Can Give To My Dogs. / High Blood Content In My Dogs Urine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 11:27am On Oct 16, 2017
For some strange reason I have not been following up with Ira's breast development for some weeks now. I checked today, 10 days to go and voila! there is milk and the breast have grown significantly larger even larger than that of season one at this period.

Re: I Love My Dogs! by rumenase(m): 12:22pm On Oct 16, 2017
@jayned yu really love yur dogs thumbs up yu are making me fall in love with Caucasian

1 Like

Re: I Love My Dogs! by cedar3: 6:22pm On Oct 16, 2017
hurray, d pups are coming!!! make way!!!

1 Like

Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 3:34pm On Oct 17, 2017
rumenase:
@jayned yu really love yur dogs thumbs up yu are making me fall in love with Caucasian

Yes ooo I adore them and I am not ashamed of saying it. what is there not to love? they are super awesome if u know how to handle them and very good watch dogs.
Re: I Love My Dogs! by Tunkzy(m): 9:50am On Oct 18, 2017
Safe Delivery Ira...

1 Like

Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 11:17am On Oct 18, 2017
Someone called asking me to send more of Ira's pictures to them. Well, here they are; Ira my caucasian shepherd at 53days pregnant!

Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 11:24am On Oct 18, 2017
Ira @53 days pregnant

Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 11:27am On Oct 18, 2017
Ira @54 days pregnant taking a walk!

Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 11:30am On Oct 18, 2017
More on Ira taking a walk @54days pregnant!

1 Like

Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 11:35am On Oct 18, 2017
Ira seeking and loving attention @54 days pregnant! at this stage, rather than jump on u in her usual manner, she would just sit and wait for u to pat her as in this picture.

Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 11:36am On Oct 18, 2017
Tunkzy:
Safe Delivery Ira...

Aww! very sweet of you. Amen ooo

1 Like

Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 9:30am On Oct 19, 2017
I am feeling low today day 55 cos Ira has not been eating well. I guess I will have to make her food more appetising. She is not her hyperself ofcourse and was not even happy to see me when I brought her food. She threw up yesterday I am not sure how many times.

I took her for a walk round the compound after which she drank some water.

As I was typing this an Idea came to me to try giving her bread. when I took it to her, she almost pounced on me. I cut the bread over her food. she has eaten the bread and is eating the food now.

So the bread trick is now what I will do but I know it won't last long so I will have to get creative.

Hmmm I feel a lot better now.

meanwhile, she has white discharge in her eyes. I guess it's as a result of dust cos harmattan has set in well here.
Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 1:50pm On Oct 19, 2017
I guess I was worried about her not eating too soon. Well I decided to give her her food in bits and when I took the second bit, she was all up and excited finished it in no time and I had to add more.

The discharge in her eyes were gone and I saw the clear discharge from her vulva on the ground where she urinated.

Re: I Love My Dogs! by Nobody: 1:31am On Oct 22, 2017
Awww
Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 9:39pm On Oct 22, 2017
Days 56,57 and 58. Ira's moods and energy levels have been fluctuating from very low to very high and so on. On day 57, I woke up to a very active Ira she even jumped on me something she has not done in a while. She ate her food hassle free. I added Irish potatoes to her food (it was not well mashed) she threw up and became very sick later on.

when I brought her evening ration, she could hardly stand on her legs. The food was repulsive and she avoided it they way humans would avoid poop. I got really scared. We wanted moving her from the backyard where she has been for a while now to her regular room in case the puppies were ready. We could not lift her it was like she weighed a ton.

She was too heavy and lazy to move. We then decided to entice her with bread and it so worked! She just uped and followed the bread like in the story of hansel and Gretel. Went to check on her a couple of times at night.

She had drank a lot of water almost a bucket full. we woke up to see a pool of pee in her room like it rained.

Today, day 58, her energy level has been relatively stable. Her appetite is not so great but she got something down.

There is less discharge in her eyes but the eyes are red than usual.

She is currently roaming round the compound since she doesn't move much and does not even bark at anything unlike before.

3 Likes

Re: I Love My Dogs! by kunlesufyan(m): 12:14am On Oct 23, 2017
I can just sense the genuine love in every word you type.
One question, from previous knowledge. I learnt its bad to allow a dog stretch or jump when shes pregnant, how true is this? Plus whats the cost of a puppy and where is your location?
Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 2:06pm On Oct 23, 2017
kunlesufyan:
I can just sense the genuine love in every word you type.
One question, from previous knowledge. I learnt its bad to allow a dog stretch or jump when shes pregnant, how true is this? Plus whats the cost of a puppy and where is your location?

yeah I also heard about the stretching thing but I am not really sure if it's true or not. But worry not, we will soon find out cos my Ira stretches for africa. I know jumping is not good even in humans when pregnant. it will be wise to minimise jumping as much as possible.

The cost of puppy is yet to be decided and we are based in Jos.
Re: I Love My Dogs! by rumenase(m): 5:16pm On Oct 23, 2017
why are the best Caucasians in jos
Re: I Love My Dogs! by anyiobi262: 5:44pm On Oct 23, 2017
what a lovely dog, my regards to baby Ira I wish I can have one of ira's puppy when she litter, safe delivery Ira.

1 Like

Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 9:34pm On Oct 23, 2017
anyiobi262:
what a lovely dog, my regards to baby Ira I wish I can have one of ira's puppy when she litter, safe delivery Ira.

Thanks. I really appreciate. Amen
Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 9:46pm On Oct 23, 2017
Day 59, high burst of energy plus barking. low appetite. Mixing her food with bread did not work much so I mixed with Indomie and it did the magic.
Re: I Love My Dogs! by cedar3: 10:47pm On Oct 23, 2017
due date coming!!!
Re: I Love My Dogs! by JRoyalle: 12:10am On Oct 24, 2017
I would like picking one out of the puppies.add me up let talk 08032898063

1 Like

Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 12:08pm On Oct 25, 2017
day 61! by now I thought I would be too busy nursing mummy and pups to even make a post but that is so not the case. I was busy on my groundnut farm just to take my mind off Ira and my anxiety over her lack of progression.

It's funny how I was worried some days back when she was not eating and could not move. Today, I am worried that she has too much energy and has a nice appetite.

Well Ira has been behaving less ready to whelp. She has so much energy and is back to her old self (barking, jumping and all) I have since restrained her once again.

I really hope all is well. I have Googled to see if there was a case like this without much luck.

I will wait till day 69 and see.
Re: I Love My Dogs! by Jungpablo: 1:45pm On Oct 25, 2017
wishing ira the best if luck and safe delivery

1 Like

Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 7:39pm On Oct 25, 2017
I also noticed the belly does not look as big as it was and one side bulges out more than the other side. I think the puppies are moving round that's why.

Re: I Love My Dogs! by femi852: 10:42pm On Oct 25, 2017
safe delivery to haaa.....n whch area r u in jos
Re: I Love My Dogs! by kunlesufyan(m): 8:52am On Oct 26, 2017
jayned:
day 61! by now I thought I would be too busy nursing mummy and pups to even make a post but that is so not the case. I was busy on my groundnut farm just to take my mind off Ira and my anxiety over her lack of progression.

It's funny how I was worried some days back when she was not eating and could not move. Today, I am worried that she has too much energy and has a nice appetite.

Well Ira has been behaving less ready to whelp. She has so much energy and is back to her old self (barking, jumping and all) I have since restrained her once again.

I really hope all is well. I have Googled to see if there was a case like this without much luck.

I will wait till day 69 and see.
This is her second time right?
Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 2:21pm On Oct 26, 2017
Jungpablo:
wishing ira the best if luck and safe delivery

Thank you very much.
Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 2:22pm On Oct 26, 2017
kunlesufyan:
This is her second time right?
Yes it is.
Re: I Love My Dogs! by onatisi(m): 1:59am On Oct 27, 2017
Cant believe I read a dog thread from the first page to the last.
one thing I notice is the op actually takes time a lot to study his dogs and know how they feel .
Very nice one op

4 Likes

Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 11:31am On Oct 27, 2017
one puppy is here! I will gist u all about it later. God is awesome.

I woke up to see Ira strong and kicking as usuall and I was really disappointed. I fed her some of my leftover Semo and soup and she gulped it down like she. was starving. That act disappointed some more. In my frustration, I walked away deciding to cook her food much later.

I went about my chores nope I went about browsing first and getting hope despair at the same time. I decided to channel the energy into house chores.

An hour later, I casually said to check on her and there it was, a puppy on the ground (speak of a miracle).

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

330-Year-Old Male Land Turtle In Ogbomoso (Photos) / A Dog Made FRSC Officials Free The Boss In Edo State / A Lion, A Bear & Tiger Rescued From Abusive Owners, Bonded Together As Siblings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.