Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:00 AM

What Will Become Of Those Who Have Died Before The Birth Of Christ? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Will Become Of Those Who Have Died Before The Birth Of Christ? (31070 Views)

My Unbiased Summary As A Former Member Of Celestial Church Of Christ... / Police Storm Celestial Church Of Christ In New York As Members Fight (Pics, Vide / Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Will Become Of Those Who Have Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by muyikutkene(m): 3:03pm On Mar 05, 2017
My brother, the answer to your question is in the book of Romans 2 vs 12 to 16. If you do not understand, let me know.
Re: What Will Become Of Those Who Have Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by Emeritusseun(m): 3:04pm On Mar 05, 2017
yemimajid:
just wow!!!
lol.....u wan turn to ambulance ni...''wow wow wow wow''......aahahaha
Re: What Will Become Of Those Who Have Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by YorceelinaBlaq(f): 3:07pm On Mar 05, 2017
I believe they would be judged according to the law since they lived under the dispensation of the law.

1 Like

Re: What Will Become Of Those Who Have Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by franklingud(m): 3:13pm On Mar 05, 2017
Ask me na make I ask who?
Re: What Will Become Of Those Who Have Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by ochoandy: 3:35pm On Mar 05, 2017
Our Creator has a standard for judging every one at various dispensations. He is a good judge.

The answer to the question is in 1 peter 4:6 "for this reason the gospel was preached also to those who are dead,that they might be judged according to men in the flesh,but live according to God in the spirit". Let us focus more on how we can live up to expectation of our creator as we were privileged to know His thoughts for us from His word.
Re: What Will Become Of Those Who Have Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by shaybebaby(f): 3:38pm On Mar 05, 2017
firstking01:
See this onegrin...Check my threads i guess that will give you a clue of who i am...NO atheist can ever decieve me undecided…i know GOD all to myself cool....i 've seen HIM, i'm not one of those ignorant and religious christians you come across daily, watch your side mirror well....i 've encountered HIM both physical and spiritual and that's why i'm here to floor you....i would 've been the no 1 GOD critisizer but because of my encounter with HIM i'm handicap to say a shit about my GODundecided…they 've brain washed you, what a pity....wish i could meet you off here hun...i love you to allow you perish just like that.
I thought the bible said one cannot see God and live. So how come you are still alive? Food for thought me thinks.

Also, I have not attacked your beliefs, I'm asking for you explore further. Why does that translate to a competition where I have to be floored? undecided

All I see is fear and denial. If you are really steadfast in your faith, then you need not be afraid to ask questions.
Re: What Will Become Of Those Who Have Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Mar 05, 2017
shaybebaby:

But how will that work? Take the Aztecs for instance who practiced human sacrifice because their religious beliefs then said it was right to appease their gods. They had no knowledge of Christianity. However by the standards of Christianity, it is wrong. So where does that leave them?

Or when we used to kill twins and it was the right thing to do then, all those who practiced that right prior to ever knowing the Christian doctrine, will they still be judged as right or wrong?

Some rules transcend the Maker(s) of the universe. Some actions can be determined as right or wrong by way of ordinary common sense, and others that prove to be more complex moral quandaries can have justice done to them after much rigour of thought.

The laws of nature rules against conscientious murder because it is unnatural that one specie should wilfully kill another of his/her kind. One does not need Christianity or Islam or Animism – all of which are [false] by the way – to know that killing is unnatural and unacceptable — except in extremis, and by in extremis, I mean when one finds him/herself in [the] extraordinary circumstance(s) where he/she has to defend against external assault that could lead to death.

I'm not one to argue by quoting chapters of the Bible, but I would like to make an exception this fine afternoon.

Do you remember how it was recorded in the Bible that Cain murdered Abel because his grain offering went unacknowledged by God? Do you also remember how, according to the Bible, he (Cain) was cursed by God to be a wanderer?

It would be interesting to note that prior to the death of Abel, nowhere was it implicitly or explicitly stated in the Bible that God proscribed killing. So, if no rule existed that condemned killing ab initio, then why did God still hand out comeuppance to Cain for killing his brother even when he (God) never imposed any stricture on wilful and unwilful murder in the first place?

Where and when there is no rule, then there equally should be no crime.

The point I'm trying to raise is we do not need “religion” to inform us that action A is right and/or action X is wrong. At the risk of sounding presumptuous, I make bold to say that God in a way also shares in the humanist ideal that espouses intellectualism and rejects the divine command theory/volutarism. This he (God) reflected when he expected Cain to know that murder was wrong, even though he (God) did not beforehand outline the dos and don'ts of communal living.

We can decide what is right or wrong for ourselves because we have that which the mice and the goats and the dogs do not have. And that is the ‘ability to think and reason’.

The Aztecs that practiced human sacrifice, and the parts of eastern Nigeria that killed twins and threw albino new-borns into the “evil forest” so they could die, did not need any religion to tell them that their actions were wrong and born out of human wickedness. They knew in their heart of hearts that their actions were wicked but they chose to do it anyway, and worse, they chose to do it under the umbrella of religion.

In all things, one cannot preclude the corruption of man, which is arguably the most dominant aspect of humanity. In bringing it to the fore, we would realise that most of the victims of human sacrifice and of all other crimes done under the cover of “religion” were unlucky targets of a hate-fuelled, envy-tinged and self-serving campaign. Why is it that the sons and daughters of the Kings and noble men were never chosen to be the “sacrificial goat”? Why is it that it is more likely than not for it to be the blood of the child of the lowly slave that gets spilled so that the insatiable thirst of these so-called “gods” might be quenched?

Don't be deceived; as Hobbes rightly and finely put it, “Homo homini lupus” – Man is a wolf to man. Men/women are conniving and selfish creatures that would utilise anything, be it politics or religion, as an opportunity to grandstand, to bring harm and death unto others so as to sate their sadistic urges; to revenge old injuries, and to oppress those beneath them on the social ladder.

They did it in the Roman Inquisition, on Feb. 13, 1633 to be precise when Galileo was singled out so as to be made a scapegoat.

The witch-hunters did to fleece the rich men of their wealth under the reign of Shaka Zulu.

King Philip IV of France with the complicity of Pope Clement V did it to avoid paying the debts that the Church owed the Knight Templar.

Even more recently, the Boers/Afrikaners used it to justify the racist and apartheid policies of the Nationalist Party under Daniel Malan. Or are you not aware that the Dutch Reformed Church said in those trying times in South African history that it is God's will that the Blacks, the Indians, and the Coloured should be below the Whites?

Dollars to donuts, the Aztec and pre-colonial Igbo community must have found a way to justify their henious deeds even when they knew it was wrong.

[...]

The question you need to answer is this – the Euthythro dilemma it is called:

Is what is morally right so because it is morally right or is it morally right because it is commanded by [the] God(s)?

1 Like

Re: What Will Become Of Those Who Have Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by shaybebaby(f): 3:44pm On Mar 05, 2017
YorceelinaBlaq:
I believe they would be judged according to the law since they lived under the dispensation of the law.
The law at the time of their existence which does not recognise the biblical God?

If that is the case, the biblical law is not the only applicable law so one might infer that if judgement day were to come, all will be judged according to what is wrong or right in their respective belief systems.

Therefore, there isn't one true religious standard, all are applicable depending on which one you subscribe to.

I like this, no need to argue about whose God is right. All religious beliefs are valid.
Re: What Will Become Of Those Who Have Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by uminem02(m): 3:49pm On Mar 05, 2017
victorazy:
Another confused man is here. cheesy Ask ursef how did coconut climb with water!
Oga swerve jare
Re: What Will Become Of Those Who Have Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by Gwazah(m): 3:50pm On Mar 05, 2017
olumosen:
You can correct my English. It's my first time of creating a topic.

As it was written in the bible that whosoever that do not believe in Jesus Christ won't be saved and will rot in hell. My question here is what will happen to those who never knew Jesus Christ?

The Old Testament believers went to a place of comfort and rest called “paradise” when they died. The Old Testament taught life after death and that everyone who departed from this life went to a place of conscious existence. The general term for this place was Sheol, which could be translated “the grave” or “the realm of the dead.” The wicked were there ( Psalm 9:17 ;
31:17 ; 49:14 ; Isaiah 5:14 ), and so were the righteous ( Genesis 37:35 ; Job 14:13 ; Psalm 6:5 ;
16:10 ; 88:3 ; Isaiah 38:10 ).
The New Testament equivalent of Sheol is
Hades. Luke 16:19–31 shows that, prior to Christ’s resurrection, Hades was divided into two realms: a place of comfort where Lazarus was (Abraham’s bosom or Abraham’s side) and a place of torment where the rich man was (hell). Lazarus’s place of comfort is elsewhere called “paradise” ( Luke 23:43 ). The place of torment is called “Gehenna” in the Greek in Mark 9:45 . Between paradise and hell (the two districts of Hades) there was “a great chasm” ( Luke 16:26 ). The fact that no one could cross this chasm indicates that, after death, one’s fate is sealed.
Today, when an unbeliever dies, he follows the Old Testament unbelievers to the torment side of Hades. At the final judgment, Hades will be emptied before the Great White Throne, where its occupants will be judged prior to entering the lake of fire ( Revelation 20:13–15 ).
On the other hand, when a believer dies today, he is “present with the Lord” in heaven ( 2 Corinthians 5:6–9 ). There, he joins the Old Testament saints who have been enjoying their reward for thousands of years.
Re: What Will Become Of Those Who Have Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Mar 05, 2017
shaybebaby:

Hey honey, God I know it's been a while. Life got busy, less me time..you know it is. It comes in swings and roundabouts.
I have missed you too Hun, I hope you and the fam are well and staying fab.
Happy Sunday, happy new month, happy new year in fact. grin kiss

Same to you sweet. cheesy smiley kiss kiss

I am looking forward to the next episode of how to drive dense NLanders nuts. grin
Re: What Will Become Of Those Who Have Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by shaybebaby(f): 4:01pm On Mar 05, 2017
Mindfulness:

Same to you sweet. cheesy smiley kiss kiss

I am looking forward to the next episode of how to drive dense NLanders nuts. grin

loooool!!!! It never ends you know, family section is kind of blah now so I'll be hanging in the religion section more for my dose of sparring. grin grin
Re: What Will Become Of Those Who Have Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by shaybebaby(f): 4:09pm On Mar 05, 2017
DarkRebel101:

Some rules transcend the Maker(s) of the universe. Some actions can be determined as right or wrong by way of ordinary common sense, and others that prove to be more complex moral quandaries can have justice done to them after much rigour of thought.

The laws of nature rules against conscientious murder because it is unnatural that one specie should wilfully kill another of his/her kind. One does not need Christianity or Islam or Animism – all of which are [false] by the way – to know that killing is unnatural and unacceptable — except in extremis, and by in extremis, I mean when one finds him/herself in [the] extraordinary circumstance(s) where he/she has to defend against external assault that could lead to death.

I'm not one to argue by quoting chapters of the Bible, but I would like to make an exception this fine afternoon.

Do you remember how it was recorded in the Bible that Cain murdered Abel because his grain offering went unacknowledged by God? Do you also remember how, according to the Bible, he (Cain) was cursed by God to be a wanderer?

It would be interesting to note that prior to the death of Abel, nowhere was it implicitly or explicitly stated in the Bible that God proscribed killing. So, if no rule existed that condemned killing ab initio, then why did God still hand out comeuppance to Cain for killing his brother even when he (God) never imposed any stricture on wilful and unwilful murder in the first place?

Where and when there is no rule, then there equally should be no crime.

The point I'm trying to raise is we do not need “religion” to inform us that action A is right and/or action X is wrong. At the risk of sounding presumptuous, I make bold to say that God in a way also shares in the humanist ideal that espouses intellectualism and rejects the divine command theory/volutarism. This he (God) reflected when he expected Cain to know that murder was wrong, even though he (God) did not beforehand outline the dos and don'ts of communal living.

We can decide what is right or wrong for ourselves because we have that which the mice and the goats and the dogs do not have. And that is the ‘ability to think and reason’.

The Aztecs that practiced human sacrifice, and the parts of eastern Nigeria that killed twins and threw albino new-borns into the “evil forest” so they could die, did not need any religion to tell them that their actions were wrong and born out of human wickedness. They knew in their heart of hearts that their actions were wicked but they chose to do it anyway, and worse, they chose to do it under the umbrella of religion.

In all things, one cannot preclude the corruption of man, which is arguably the most dominant aspect of humanity. In bringing it to the fore, we would realise that most of the victims of human sacrifice and of all other crimes done under the cover of “religion” were unlucky targets of a hate-fuelled, envy-tinged and self-serving campaign. Why is it that the sons and daughters of the Kings and noble men were never chosen to be the “sacrificial goat”? Why is it that it is more likely than not for it to be the blood of the child of the lowly slave that gets spilled so that the insatiable thirst of these so-called “gods” might be quenched?

Don't be deceived; as Hobbes rightly and finely put it, “Homo homini lupus” – Man is a wolf to man. Men/women are conniving and selfish creatures that would utilise anything, be it politics or religion, as an opportunity to grandstand, to bring harm and death unto others so as to sate their sadistic urges; to revenge old injuries, and to oppress those beneath them on the social ladder.

They did it in the Roman Inquisition, on Feb. 13, 1633 to be precise when Galileo was singled out so as to be made a scapegoat.

The witch-hunters did to fleece the rich men of their wealth under the reign of Shaka Zulu.

King Philip IV of France with the complicity of Pope Clement V did it to avoid paying the debts that the Church owed to the Knight Templar.

Even more recently, the Boers/Afrikaners used it to justify the racist and apartheid policies of the Nationalist Party under Daniel Malan. Or are you not aware that the Dutch Reformed Church said in those trying times in South African history that it is God's will that the Blacks, the Indians, and the Coloured should be below the Whites?

Dollars to donuts, the Aztec and pre-colonial Igbo community must have found a way to justify their henious deeds even when they knew it was wrong.

[...]

The question you need to answer is this – the Euthythro dilemma it is called:

Is what is morally right so because it is morally right or is it morally right because it is commanded by [the] God(s)?

So if man is inherently corrupt, and man claims his religious belief is inspired by God, why should we trust any man's claims?

Also morality varies across cultures and religions, there isn't a universally acceptable definition of morality. If there was, we wouldn't have so many religions.
Re: What Will Become Of Those Who Have Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by victorazy(m): 4:14pm On Mar 05, 2017
EvangelistNdudi:

1 Peter 4:6 ( NIV)
6 For this is the reason the gospel was preached even to those who are now dead,so that they might be judged according to human standards in regard to the body, but live according to God in regard to the spirit.
I guess you understand the meaning of "NOW"

"Who are now dead" means those that died or that will die after Christ

We need understanding when reading bible

"For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit" no "NOW"
Re: What Will Become Of Those Who Have Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Mar 05, 2017
The Quran say, Jesus is a messenger of God the messenger of whom has passed away and they both use to eat earthly food, c how we make d revelation clear to them c how they turned away, on judgement day Jesus will bear witness against u that he is neither God nor son of God, Christianity is not a religion ordained by God but formulated by the jews to create confusion in the real faith of humanity. the children of isreal to whom Jesus was sent denied his prophesy and make an attempt t killed him, even though he was not killed according to the holy quran, that Jesus son of mary was neither killed nor prosecuted but we brought him unto us, but it looks to them as if he was killed, even Jesus admitted in the bible that he is not good, in the book of mark, a man met Jesus and ask him good teacher what can I do to inherit eternal life ,Jesus said to him no one is good except on e which is good, hear o children of isreal the lord our God, the lord is one,,, I will leave the following questions for u 1. where in the bible was bible written 2.where in the bible stated Jesus was born on 25th December 3.where in the bible Jesus order to go to church every sunday and d word church written. 4 who named u xristians jesus or for 4. was xristianity written in the bible. finally if u re truly the son of God why will God chastise u for ur sins, guess a father will not punish his son by throwing him into the hell fire.
Re: What Will Become Of Those Who Have Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Mar 05, 2017
shaybebaby:

loooool!!!! It never ends you know, family section is kind of blah now so I'll be hanging in the religion section more for my dose of sparring. grin grin

I am following you anyway so I will stay updated. I may jump in at some moment in time. Be prepared. grin

1 Like

Re: What Will Become Of Those Who Have Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by EvangelistNdudi(m): 4:25pm On Mar 05, 2017
victorazy:

"For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit" no "NOW"
you can see (NIV) in that comment

check New International Version

Mr, please don't argue what is not
Re: What Will Become Of Those Who Have Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by nurusystem(m): 4:26pm On Mar 05, 2017
fatymore:
In as much they believe in oneness of God.. And do good.. Why won't they enter heaven...
P.s...am a Muslim and am happy to be one

Good ,and also Jesus was only sent to the Jews,each generation as their own prophet,mathew 21 vs 43 Therefore I tell you that the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people who will produce its fruit.
All prophet of God preaches one god no divinity Even Jesus never said anything divinity,so all in all your answer is also if they testify that theirs no any other creator except Maighty God,Yaweh,Eloi ,Allah ,they are save , and if they never compared ,ascribe patner with With God of moses,abraham,jacob and servant Jesus this men are answerable to Yaweh,and remember even not all that said lord lord will enter the kingdom of even,,it means nothing like holy spirit it is a fabrication, jesus said my Father is greater than i...God is greater not Jesus,so before Jesus we have other prophet that has passed message to generation before him,many prophet has come ,about 124,000 prophet as sett footh on the earth ,dey all teaches one god no deithy is to be worship except one God,oh isreal the lord is your god and the lord is one,love him with all dy hearth and strength.
Re: What Will Become Of Those Who Have Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by firstking01(m): 4:28pm On Mar 05, 2017
shaybebaby:

I thought the bible said one cannot see God and live. So how come you are still alive? Food for thought me thinks.

Also, I have not attacked your beliefs, I'm asking for you explore further. Why does that translate to a competition where I have to be floored? undecided

All I see is fear and denial. If you are really steadfast in your faith, then you need not be afraid to ask questions.
Nahh, i can't ask you questions when i know you are aloof of the fact that you can't answer me instead you should be the one to ask me questions since you said you are the one who created herself and not the one that lendest you breath...

Talking about seeing GOD, you will not just understand just like the bible said the "natural man cannot understand the things of the spirit cos they are foolishness to him"....i think this scripture was referring to people like you, so, i'm not surprised anywaygrin..

Now, lemme help you a lil, GOD granting me inspiration to win this damsel to you...GOD appears to man in diversities of ways...he appeared to moses in mount horeb as the pillar of fire in the bush, HE appeared to abraham as a wind, HE appeared to jacob in bethel in an angelic form, HE appeared to paul on his way to damascus as a flash of light, HE appeared and thundered to the children of israelite in mount sinai as a pillar of cloud by the day and a pillar of fire by the night, HE appeared to moses again where HE passed by moses to show moses HIS glory, at this point, moses saw the back of GOD, but HE said to moses, "you cannot see my face and live, note the difference now, you can't look GOD in the face and live....meaning you can see GOD manifest in any form, you can see HIS hands, legs, and every other part "but", you can't look HIM in the face and still stand as human being...i know you question is why cool...now, GOD's face is like sun, the glory, the splendour, the shiny light and HIS majestic aura will swift you off your feet and even cos you blindness which you can never recover and you might die...NO mortal man can stand in GOD's presence and survive undecided, except HE permits cool...note here, GOD picked moses like you'd pick a doll from the ground and planted him on a rock and said to him, "i will allow my glory pass by you and will cover my hands on your face then i 'll later remove my hands and you shall see "only" my back for my face cannot be seen lest you die cool....

Now, i sha know you must continue to wanna prove to me that GOD doesn't exist, but that's your own hoot to deal with...

Those where the people that saw GOD in diff dimensions but moses was the most privileged just like me, if you will cheesy...There's no need of telling you my own personal encounter, even with what i 've told you so far you should know where i'm coming from cool...

Oya, goan read my the on 5 supernatural experiences you will have when you genuinly encounter GOD...Read it and leave you questionsundecided

But before i go, drop that your atheism and embrace christ cos i love you, trust me i do, you'd love my person when you meet me, c'mmontongue??
Re: What Will Become Of Those Who Have Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by sharpwriter(m): 4:34pm On Mar 05, 2017
Azil:
They'll be judged by their works, right vs wrong.
Yea... right....let the OP read Romans Chapter 2 several times.
Re: What Will Become Of Those Who Have Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by Maximus85(m): 4:41pm On Mar 05, 2017
Billyonaire:
Jesus Christ was NOT a Christian. He was a Jew.

Having said that, I want to state that Heaven is not a destination, it is a bubble that has been created due to thoughts and emotions of religious people, if you ever find yourself in any heaven, it is just a mental construct within the mental plane and you will be out again journeying through the Galaxies, our creation, for our experiences.

Enjoy your world, it is yours for your amusement and happiness.

I wish people with a working brain can understand you. Jesus never promised you any heaven. Stop deceiving yourselves. Heaven Koooooo, skyven niiiii

Come and beat me in my house.
Re: What Will Become Of Those Who Have Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Mar 05, 2017
shaybebaby:

So if man is inherently corrupt, and man claims his religious belief is inspired by God, why should we trust any man's claims?

I never suggested that man's claims should be trusted. This is not an argument on the validity of the religions that pervade the society in which we live. This is an argument on morality and whether or not we ought to have religion in place before what is right or wrong can be known to us.

In your arguments it seemed like you attempted to justify the crimes of those who lived in the pre-Christianity era, and then you cited the practice of human sacrifice by the Aztecs, and the killing of twins as well. I only sought to correct that notion when with my counter-arguments I made it clear that morality is not contigent upon religion and that in fact, either by evolution or divine intuition, we were all born with a natural sense of what is good and what is evil.

Also morality varies across cultures and religions, there isn't a universally acceptable definition of morality. If there was, we wouldn't have so many religions.

Yes, I agree with you. Morality does vary from culture to culture. What I do not agree with is when you say “there isn't a universally acceptable definition of morality”. What do you mean by that?

There is a universal definition of morality, and that is that it is the recognition of the distinction between good and evil or between right and wrong. What is not universally upheld or recognised are the values/beliefs/actions/conducts that constitute what is good (morally right), and that which constitute what is bad (morally wrong).

Yet, in spite of the variations in interpretation owing to the socio-cultural and geographical disparities, there exist some moral fixities that remain immutable regardless of the time or the place. That it is “wrong to kill” especially when it is unjust is one of these moral fixities.
Re: What Will Become Of Those Who Have Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by Nobody: 5:01pm On Mar 05, 2017
Emeritusseun:

ur comment is ridiculously ridiculous....i hope u knw dat dz ppl lived by laws....wch told dem wat was right from wrong
you mean the law given to them by the pharaoh, bloody jews and the arab pagagns whom whorshipd the stars and rocks ?
Re: What Will Become Of Those Who Have Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by APOSTLECHUMA: 5:21pm On Mar 05, 2017
THE ANSWER IS FOUND IN 1 PET 3:18-20.CHRIST WENT & PREACHD 2SOULS IN PRISON.WHO DIDNT REPENT IN D DAYS OF NOAH.THEY WERE DESTROYD BY THE FLOOD BUT THEIR SOULS ARE STIL SOME WHERE & WIL COM UP ON D DAY OF JUDGMNT. SINCE IT WIL BE WRONG 2JUDGE THEM WIT CHRIST'S MESSAG,HE HAD TO TAKE D GOSPL 2THEM. ALL THE GENTILES,WHO DIED WITHOUT HEARING ABOUT CHRIST,FALL UNDER THIS GROUP.THIS TEACHN IS NOT A SUPPORT TO PUGATORY AS ALL THAT DIE IN THE TIME OF GRACE,AFTER HEARING ABOUT CHRIST HAV NO SUCH CHANCE.TO THEM APPLY HEB 9-27,AFTER DEATH IS JUDGMNT. 07054142412
Re: What Will Become Of Those Who Have Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by shaybebaby(f): 5:22pm On Mar 05, 2017
firstking01:
Nahh, i can't ask you questions when i know you are aloof of the fact that you can't answer me instead you should be the one to ask me questions since you said you are the one who created herself and not the one that lendest you breath...

Talking about seeing GOD, you will not just understand just like the bible said the "natural man cannot understand the things of the spirit cos they are foolishness to him"....i think this scripture was referring to people like you, so, i'm not surprised anywaygrin..

Now, lemme help you a lil, GOD granting me inspiration to win this damsel to you...GOD appears to man in diversities of ways...he appeared to moses in mount horeb as the pillar of fire in the bush, HE appeared to abraham as a wind, HE appeared to jacob in bethel in an angelic form, HE appeared to paul on his way to damascus as a flash of light, HE appeared and thundered to the children of israelite in mount sinai as a pillar of cloud by the day and a pillar of fire by the night, HE appeared to moses again where HE passed by moses to show moses HIS glory, at this point, moses saw the back of GOD, but HE said to moses, "you cannot see my face and live, note the difference now, you can't look GOD in the face and live....meaning you can see GOD manifest in any form, you can see HIS hands, legs, and every other part "but", you can't look HIM in the face and still stand as human being...i know you question is why cool...now, GOD's face is like sun, the glory, the splendour, the shiny light and HIS majestic aura will swift you off your feet and even cos you blindness which you can never recover and you might die...NO mortal man can stand in GOD's presence and survive undecided, except HE permits cool...note here, GOD picked moses like you'd pick a doll from the ground and planted him on a rock and said to him, "i will allow my glory pass by you and will cover my hands on your face then i 'll later remove my hands and you shall see "only" my back for my face cannot be seen lest you die cool....

Now, i sha know you must continue to wanna prove to me that GOD doesn't exist, but that's your own hoot to deal with...

Those where the people that saw GOD in diff dimensions but moses was the most privileged just like me, if you will cheesy...There's no need of telling you my own personal encounter, even with what i 've told you so far you should know where i'm coming from cool...

Oya, goan read my the on 5 supernatural experiences you will have when you genuinly encounter GOD...Read it and leave you questionsundecided

But before i go, drop that your atheism and embrace christ cos i love you, trust me i do, you'd love my person when you meet me, c'mmontongue??

I'm not trying to prove or disprove your faith. It just strikes me as odd that you would claim something, cite the bible as evidence. Which is fair enough but refuse to look beyond the book to see the story behind it's existence. Your holy book has a well documented history by man. Which is verifiable.

A little interesting history about your bible, did you know that there was time where translating it to English was punishable by death? Wycliff, who translated it by hand so annoyed the pope by this act that after his death, his bones were dug up and burned. You won't get that information reading the bible but it would provide context when you are reading, to consider the real human stories behind how what you believe came to be.

I do not wish to encounter your God or any other god for that matter. I will not claim to love you as you have claimed towards me, but I do have a natural empathy towards others. If you find solace in your faith, great. I am pleased for you.

However I abhor when it is claimed that I am wrong for my lack of belief. Surely what matters is that we are all okay with our choices.
Re: What Will Become Of Those Who Have Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by APOSTLECHUMA: 5:30pm On Mar 05, 2017
1 PET3:18-20 HAS D ANSWER.CHRIST TOOK THE GOSPL 2THOSE,WHO DIDNT REPENT IN THE DAYS OF NOAH.THEY WIL COM UP ON JUDGMNT DAY & SINCE IT WIL BE WRONG 2JUDGE THEM WIT CHRIST MESSAG,WHICH THEY THEY DIDNT HEAR,HE HAD 2TAKE IT TO THEM.THIS IS NOT PUGATORY AS IT DOESNT EXIST.ALL THAT DIE WITHOUT CHRIST IN THE TIME OF GRACE HAS NO SUCH CHANCE. 07054142412
Re: What Will Become Of Those Who Have Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by skywalker001(m): 5:35pm On Mar 05, 2017
God I know but jesus I don't know
Re: What Will Become Of Those Who Have Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by phensbassey: 5:49pm On Mar 05, 2017
davidkingrichie:

This dude read too many fantasy novels, stupid texts and bullsh!t books written by blavatsky, crowley and their cohorts.

Everyone who lived before the birth of Jesus will be revived to live for 1000 years. During those years of tribulation, Satan will run the earth..... Basically, they will use their blood to pay the price. That's if they accept Christ tho.

Today I realised that many 'Nigerian' Christians don't read their bible. So, I'll give them something to read. The mentions are just getting overbearing. Rev20 1-15. Take Note of Verse 4 and especially 5. There's another one that was explicitly stated. But, I've forgotten i'm guessing Hebrews or Timothy. I'll get back on that.

Those asking me if Abraham and Sons will come back....?
Ans: Those who died for Christ will come back first and reign with Christ for a thousand years. That is called the first resurrection( these peeps won't die or be judge anymore as they are pure). Others will later be raised to be tempted by Satan for a while( a thousand years(not stated in revelation though)). These guys will justify Christ by their blood.
you are right, but may I correct you!: more explanation:- first Satan will be bound for a thousand years where he will not be able to mislead the world Rev 20:1-3, then for the answer to d ops question, those who died before Christ, will have an opportunity to learn and accept him during Jesus 1000 year reign, after that their faith will be tested when Satan is let loose Rev 20:7-9,
Re: What Will Become Of Those Who Have Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by firstking01(m): 5:52pm On Mar 05, 2017
shaybebaby:

I'm not trying to prove or disprove your faith. It just strikes me as odd that you would claim something, cite the bible as evidence. Which is fair enough but refuse to look beyond the book to see the story behind it's existence. Your holy book has a well documented history by man. Which is verifiable.

A little interesting history about your bible, did you know that there was time where translating it to English was punishable by death? Wycliff, who translated it by hand so annoyed the pope by this act that after his death, his bones were dug up and burned. You won't get that information reading the bible but it would provide context when you are reading, to consider the real human stories behind how what you believe came to be.

I do not wish to encounter your God or any other god for that matter. I will not claim to love you as you have claimed towards me, but I do have a natural empathy towards others. If you find solace in your faith, great. I am pleased for you.

However I abhor when it is claimed that I am wrong for my lack of belief. Surely what matters is that we are all okay with our choices.

Ok, let me channel my energy to something more productive...thank you.
Re: What Will Become Of Those Who Have Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by Tranquility4u: 6:03pm On Mar 05, 2017
This YouTube video answers your question and similar ones also.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW99U4JWNEc
Re: What Will Become Of Those Who Have Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by Tranquility4u: 6:18pm On Mar 05, 2017
olumosen:
You can correct my English. It's my first time of creating a topic.

As it was written in the bible that whosoever that do not believe in Jesus Christ won't be saved and will rot in hell. My question here is what will happen to those who never knew Jesus Christ?
The YouTube videos below answer your question and other similar ones.
Watch them and be open-minded and openhearted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW99U4JWNEc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0TbHyrZjUA
Re: What Will Become Of Those Who Have Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by Landflight4eva(m): 6:29pm On Mar 05, 2017
We have two resurrection in the bible.
The first resurrection is for those that will rule with christ in heaven as king and priest(Revelation 20:4-6,Revelation 5:9,10,)these will serve as Administrators over the Earth while in heaven with Jesus Christ for a Thousand years after Satan has been Imprison alongside and demons.
The second resurrection is for both the righteous and the unrighteous (Act 24:15)
It will happen after Satan and his Demon has been Imprison.
The righteous ones here represent all those who become servant of most high God thru their faith in Jesus christ they will be here on Earth as a loyal subject of Christ and his heavenly human Administrator who are now spirit being.
The Unrighteous ones represent all those faithful men and women since the time of Abel to Noah,Abraham,David to the time of Jesus Earthly life and beyond(Act2:34,Hebrew 11:4-7....37-40,John 3:13)
Righteousness can never be attain by works or good deeds its only thru faith in Christ, hence all those who have died without knowing Christ has second chance of knowing because The most high God WILL NEVER PUNISH ANYONE WHO HAS NOT HEARD THE GOOD NEWS ABOUT CHRIST

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Apostle Tomi Arayomi: How DSS Arrested Me, My Wife & Aide Emmanuel Ezerika / Apostle Chinyere Chibuzor Places A Curse On Happie Boys Over Leaked Chat (Audio) / Nollywood Stars Turned Pastors (1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.