Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,715 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

What Will Become Of Those Who Have Died Before The Birth Of Christ? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Will Become Of Those Who Have Died Before The Birth Of Christ? (31132 Views)

My Unbiased Summary As A Former Member Of Celestial Church Of Christ... / Police Storm Celestial Church Of Christ In New York As Members Fight (Pics, Vide / Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Will Become Of Those Who Have Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by femi4: 12:37pm On Mar 05, 2017
Billyonaire:
Jesus Christ was NOT a Christian. He was a Jew.

Having said that, I want to state that Heaven is not a destination, it is a bubble that has been created due to thoughts and emotions of religious people, if you ever find yourself in any heaven, it is just a mental construct within the mental plane and you will be out again journeying through the Galaxies, our creation, for our experiences.

Enjoy your world, it is yours for your amusement and happiness.
Olodo....Christian means Christ followers not a religion
Re: What Will Become Of Those Who Have Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Mar 05, 2017
victorazy:

Law of Moses grin
Go read book of proverbs
my apologies, I forget you can hardly be a xtain unless u learn to cherry-pick some parts u like in ur book of god, call it some fancy name nd dump the parts you dont like.
Re: What Will Become Of Those Who Have Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by femi4: 12:40pm On Mar 05, 2017
frosbel2:
Christianity is a religion invented by the Romans and then Europeans and used to conquer, rape and colonise half of the word. Sick.

Only God can save, no other saviour is like unto God.

Christians are worshipping a MAN instead of GOD.
Stop saying rubbish....the word Christianity was coined from the word "Christian" which means Christ followers
Re: What Will Become Of Those Who Have Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by victorazy(m): 12:46pm On Mar 05, 2017
yemimajid:
my apologies, I forget you can hardly be a xtain unless u learn to cherry-pick some parts u like in ur book of god, call it some fancy name nd dump the parts you dont like.

He who has wisdom let him decipher. Bible tells us past present and future.

That was how the Israelite were doing under the law of Moses before God gave them the 10 commandment. Na God tell them stone stubborn child to death? grin
Plz try and recognise the words God spoke and the ones spoken by men, don't take all the same because u found them in Bible.
Plz pay attention to what u read and quit life of hypocrisy.
Re: What Will Become Of Those Who Have Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by Nationalist1: 12:47pm On Mar 05, 2017
Thank you OP for your question. God is a God of justice Who will not hold anyone responsible for what he or she did not do. He has made a provision for EVERYBODY to be informed about the Gospel (that is, the Good news of Jesus' coming into the world to redeem man from sin.)

Those who lived and died before Jesus' coming into the world ALREADY heard the Gospel preached into them in their dead state so that they might be judged on the same platform with those who lived in the time Jesus Christ was physically here on earth and those who lived after Jesus physically left this world (which include you, me and all living people now and later to be born.)

See the account in 1 Peter 4:6 "For this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit."

See also 1Peter 3:19 "By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison."

I hope the OP and other Nairalanders are better informed. May God bless you all, in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: What Will Become Of Those Who Have Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by corporateDan(m): 12:47pm On Mar 05, 2017
mida10:
grin Hell await you bro
Re: What Will Become Of Those Who Have Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Mar 05, 2017
femi4:
Stop saying rubbish....the word Christianity was coined from the word "Christian" which means Christ followers

Christianity is only ever mentioned ONCE in your bible and it was not a kind or nice word.
Re: What Will Become Of Those Who Have Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by Nobody: 12:48pm On Mar 05, 2017
This is how God has always wanted MANKIND to be saved

" I, [even] I, [am] the LORD; and beside me [there is] no saviour." - Isaiah 43:11

Isaiah 43:3
"For I am the LORD your God, The Holy One of Israel, your Savior; I have given Egypt as your ransom, Cush and Seba in your place.

Isaiah 44:6
"Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts: 'I am the first and I am the last, And there is no God besides Me"

Hosea 13:4
"I have been the LORD your God ever since I brought you out of Egypt. You must acknowledge no God but me, for there is no other savior "

Isaiah 45:22
"Turn to Me and be saved, all the ends of the earth; For I am God, and there is no other "
Re: What Will Become Of Those Who Have Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by EvangelistNdudi(m): 12:48pm On Mar 05, 2017
Makavelli099:
those people had prophet sent to guide them, they knew about the right and wrong, those who followed the right path are surely successful.
OP this is the best answer to your question
all those telling you to read revelation without giving you a specific chapter to read might or do not understand revelation

I read a comment talking about the one thousand years in Revelation
there is no place in Revelation that talk about those that live before Christ
this is what Bible say concerning the one thousand years in Revelation 20:1-6

New International Version (NIV)

"1)And I saw an angel coming down out of heaven, having the key to the Abyss and holding in his hand a great chain.

2)He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil, or Satan, and bound him for a thousand years.

3)He threw him into the Abyss, and locked and sealed it over him, to keep him from deceiving the nations anymore until the thousand years were ended. After that, he must be set free for a short time.

4)I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

5) (The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection.

6)Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years."

so those that live before Christ will be judge by their hand work (how they live their lives)
because the power or ability to know and chose in-between good and bad was given to them

I hope I am able to answer your question?
happy Sunday.
Re: What Will Become Of Those Who Have Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by Horlufemi(m): 12:50pm On Mar 05, 2017
There is no Heaven and there is no Hell.
What was promised was eternal life.
Take it or leave it.
Re: What Will Become Of Those Who Have Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by femi4: 12:51pm On Mar 05, 2017
frosbel2:

Christianity is only ever mentioned ONCE in your bible and it was not a kind or nice word.
says who?

It depends on your level of understanding

Acts.11
v.[26] And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

Acts.26
v.[28] Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Almost thou persuadest me to be a Christian.

1Pet.4
v..[16] Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.
Re: What Will Become Of Those Who Have Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by davidkingrichie(m): 12:52pm On Mar 05, 2017
pussyAvenger:
WELL DONE SIR
frosbel2:

1000% gibberish !

I don't have to educate you on what the bible says. You dudes clearly ignored the bible and depend on your daddy GOs to read simple scriptures for you. Guess what? If it's not prosperity, you won't hear things like this.
I am not a christian- I don't give a flying fuk if you get saved or not. I am an avid reader of the bible though and arguing scriptures with me is tantamount to stupidity on your part.
Re: What Will Become Of Those Who Have Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Mar 05, 2017
onyenze123:

How do we realize God? practical steps

You need no candles or incense. You need no rituals or sacrifice. What you need is what you have already, or would I say what you are ?

Make your environment very quiet. May be you could pervorate one of your rooms. Make it very very quiet that you could even hear your breath. Then close your eyes. Listen and keep tuning inside of you and watch your thoughts, monitor all the chatter, then you will realize you have been identifying yourself as your thoughts. You are not your thoughts, it is the mind that chatters. Most of the times, we receive thoughts and we act on them, sometimes we receive thoughts, but we dont act on them, that means we were able to supervise the thoughts. What is that entity that supervised your thoughts and made a decision what to do ? Then go a step further, Observe your thoughts. And observer of the thoughts operates on the level of consciousness, the Unified Field. The oberver alters the results of creation using the Wave-Collapse Function which is proven by the Double Split experiment, which explained the Einstein's Wave-Particle Paradox. The Obsever is SELF, and the Observed is the Universe. As we proceed to the deeper core of creation, we have finally arrived at the Non-Dual level where everything is Unitary. The Observer and the observed becomes the Singularity. The Source of all.

I know how hard it is to quieten the mind, sometimes you sleep off when get to a point of becoming one with the universe, that is where meditation, Yoga, Prayer, chants, calm music is used to learn to quieten the mind, after you have mastered that, then you can simply tune in whenever you want.

Let me also add that Self, in me. Is same to Self in you, and Self in others and they recognize each other as same thing. Which is why true love ignores any actions from emotions, thoughts and etc and we think the true lovers are foolish. True love forgives everything because Love comes from Self which is at the core beyond where Mind can not operate. It is a function of consciousness. It is the creative force of attraction. God is love, right ? Not really, but Love is energy of God expressing itself as love in the lower material plane of the universes.

1 Like

Re: What Will Become Of Those Who Have Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Mar 05, 2017
victorazy:

He who has wisdom let him decipher. Bible tells us past present and future.

That was how the Israelite were doing under the law of Moses before God gave them the 10 commandment "thau shall not kill".
Plz pay attention to what u read and quit life of hypocrisy.
yh I will, also whenever you talk about answers being the Bible, always remember to put this in bracket... ("remember the bible is all gods words, except of course, the law of Moses, that's some random shit"wink thanks.
Re: What Will Become Of Those Who Have Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by enshy: 12:55pm On Mar 05, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
Many of them shall be judged according to the law of Moses, but it applies to the Israelites alone.

As for the non-israelites that died before Christ, they will be preached during the resurrection period when all that have died since Adam will rise from the dead. During that period, Satan will be bound in chains for a period of 1000yrs, which is the millennial reign of Christ. Those people will be made to see how their beliefs were wrong. After the 1000yr reign, Satan will be let lose again to test mankind for one last time. Anyone that chose to follow him at that time will be doomed with him.

I really would have love to quote Bible verses to support this, but am short on MB.
You seem to have a good grasp of scriptures.
God will surely not fail in your life!
Re: What Will Become Of Those Who Have Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by victorazy(m): 12:56pm On Mar 05, 2017
EvangelistNdudi:
OP this is the best answer to your question
all those telling you to read revelation without giving you a specific chapter to read might or do not understand revelation

I read a comment talking about the one thousand years in Revelation
there is no place in Revelation that talk about those that live before Christ
this is what Bible say concerning the one thousand years in Revelation 20:1-6

New International Version (NIV)

"1)And I saw an angel coming down out of heaven, having the key to the Abyss and holding in his hand a great chain.

2)He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil, or Satan, and bound him for a thousand years.

3)He threw him into the Abyss, and locked and sealed it over him, to keep him from deceiving the nations anymore until the thousand years were ended. After that, he must be set free for a short time.

4)I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

5) (The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection.

6)Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years."

so those that live before Christ will be judge by their hand work (how they live their lives)
because the power or ability to know and chose in-between good and bad was given to them

I hope I am able to answer your question?
happy Sunday.

1 Peter 4:6
Re: What Will Become Of Those Who Have Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by augustine: 12:56pm On Mar 05, 2017
[quote author=olumosen post=54287684]You can correct my English. It's my first time of creating a topic.

As it was written in the bible that whosoever that do not believe in Jesus Christ won't be saved and will rot in hell. My question here is what will happen to those who never knew Jesus Christ?[/quote God is eternally just and always gives people the opportunity to right their wrongs. Therefore when Jesus Christ died, within those three days before his resurrection; He was actually in the spirit world (Land of the dead) destroying Satan's bondage over people that died without hearing the gospel. Remember that at Christ's death, graves were shaken open by an earth quake and many dead came back to life. Christ actually preached the gospel to the dead and those that received it were set free from Satan's stronghold: hence the biblical phrase; ''where is thy sting o death, and where is thy victory o grave. So the dead before Christ actually had the opportunity to hear the gospel.
Re: What Will Become Of Those Who Have Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by victorazy(m): 12:58pm On Mar 05, 2017
yemimajid:
yh I will, also whenever you talk about answers being the Bible, always remember to put this in bracket... ("remember the bible is all gods words, except of course, the law of Moses, that's some random shit"wink thanks.

Funny dude grin
Happy sunday
Re: What Will Become Of Those Who Have Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by augustine: 12:58pm On Mar 05, 2017
olumosen:
You can correct my English. It's my first time of creating a topic.

As it was written in the bible that whosoever that do not believe in Jesus Christ won't be saved and will rot in hell. My question here is what will happen to those who never knew Jesus Christ?
God is eternally just and always gives people the opportunity to right their wrongs. Therefore when Jesus Christ died, within those three days before his resurrection; He was actually in the spirit world (Land of the dead) destroying Satan's bondage over people that died without hearing the gospel. Remember that at Christ's death, graves were shaken open by an earth quake and many dead came back to life. Christ actually preached the gospel to the dead and those that received it were set free from Satan's stronghold: hence the biblical phrase; ''where is thy sting o death, and where is thy victory o grave. So the dead before Christ actually had the opportunity to hear the gospel.
Re: What Will Become Of Those Who Have Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Mar 05, 2017
femi4:
Olodo....Christian means Christ followers not a religion
Another confusion started by Ben Idahosa, promoted by his chela, Bishop Oyedepo and adopted by Oyhakilome. And all you tithers have swallowed it with the hook. What a pity.

Next time they ask you about your religion, dont tell them Christianity. Tell them Christianity is a way of life. What a crazy school of thought.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Will Become Of Those Who Have Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by femi4: 1:05pm On Mar 05, 2017
Billyonaire:
Another confusion started by Ben Idahosa, promoted by his chela, Bishop Oyedepo and adopted by Oyhakilome. And all you tithers have swallowed it with the hook. What a pity.

Next time they ask you about your religion, dont tell them Christianity. Tell them Christianity is a way of life. What a crazy school of thought.
I don't have religion. Its only in this part of the World that you fill a form and they ask for religion, local govt etc.

If you don't know the origin of the word CHRISTIAN..... get a Bible and study and pray for understanding
Re: What Will Become Of Those Who Have Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Mar 05, 2017
victorazy:

Funny dude grin Happy sunday
Same to you Good sir
Re: What Will Become Of Those Who Have Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by Razael23(m): 1:08pm On Mar 05, 2017
davidkingrichie:

This dude read too many fantasy novels, stupid texts and bullsh!t books written by blavatsky, crowley and their cohorts.

Everyone who lived before the birth of Jesus will be revived to live for 1000 years. During those years of tribulation, Satan will run the earth..... Basically, they will use their blood to pay the price. That's if they accept Christ tho.

you mean Father Abraham and his son Isaac and grandson Jacob will come back to live?? shocked
Re: What Will Become Of Those Who Have Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by victorazy(m): 1:08pm On Mar 05, 2017
Billyonaire:

Christianity is a way of life not religion and only the wise will understand this.
Re: What Will Become Of Those Who Have Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by Victor08032(m): 1:10pm On Mar 05, 2017
As the matter of FACT, the answer to this question is that before the birth of Jesus Christ, there are two(2) times that we ever had before and now, God had been using laws sent through Moses to judge the world before the time of grace dispensation came down to the world which was sent by Jesus Christ to the world.
However, Before the birth of Jesus, those who are died which was without accepting the laws of Moses or performed Godly laws sent through moses has been in hell since then till now after the old testament dispensation, psalm 9:17. Also those who are still on earth now will also go to hell without accepting Jesus when they die or meet rapture unprepared.
Re: What Will Become Of Those Who Have Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by sayad009: 1:13pm On Mar 05, 2017
Every scripture has Christ as it central theme only that his manifestation as man occurred later. That is why a scripture says it's a shadow of things to come. John 5v39-40 "search the scriptures(more than one scripture) for in them ye think ye have eternal life: snd they are the one which testify of me. And ye will not come to me that ye might have life" so if anyone accepted the message preached to him/her at the time of moses,david, et al he/she was accepting Jesus...
Re: What Will Become Of Those Who Have Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by Emeritusseun(m): 1:14pm On Mar 05, 2017
yemimajid:
laws that permit them some medieval nigerians to go ahead nd slaughter twins, mind it was absolutely right to them, nd that kinda makes his comment less ridiculous than yours, that's if it even is...

egbon.....wat did u take dz morning,....hw did nigeria com into d pishure!.,...abi u think say na law of moses say make dem dey kill twins?....dats was d black backwardness oo before it was corrected by Mary Slessor
Re: What Will Become Of Those Who Have Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Mar 05, 2017
femi4:
I don't have religion. Its only in this part of the World that you fill a form and they ask for religion, local govt etc.

If you don't know the origin of the word CHRISTIAN..... get a Bible and study and pray for understanding
I was born a Christian, baptized into Christianity, became an Ordained Elder and received Aaronic Priesthood and annointed with the Melchizedek Priesthood after 2 years of great service as a preacher sometimes and working the Presidency of the Church. So when I preached, people were moved by emotions and they cried and I didnt even trust the God I was teaching about.

I left the church in search for God and it took my 3yrs after preaching to realize there is No God our there, this was after I studied the highest level of science for 3 yrs and I became Atheist for nearly 13yrs. Everyone in my clique knows and still believes that I dont believe there is God, cos Christianity painted God in the colours of Male-looking Sky Daddy that supervises all.

You see, my journey was not easy and is not easy. To come to my conclusion, I had to study Biogenesis, Astrophysics, Quantum Physics, Islam, Taosm, Confucianism, Hinduism, Buddhism, Sikhism. I actually spent another 2 yrs with Jehovah witness to understand why they believe that there is nothing like soul. I was patient and listening, but it didnt had up and I moved on. I kept my search until latest scientific experiments on understanding Consciousness.

Now, everything makes sense, from Fibonacci sequence, to holographic universe, the gravitational force and blackholes etc actually can be better explained based on the Unified Field Theory - The Theory of Everything.

Good luck in your search, you will come to your conclusion at your pace. But the truth same where ever you find it. And the truth is "Ye Are Gods".

1 Like

Re: What Will Become Of Those Who Have Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by Emeritusseun(m): 1:17pm On Mar 05, 2017
Billyonaire:

Do me a favor, I respect your perspective what ever that may be, but do me a huge favor, please type in understandable spellings. I dont wanna stress my left brain trying to put together the tenses from this gibberish that you typed. I respect you a lot and I hope you dont start a statement with insults. Ofcourse, you are taught that only Christianity is accurate. That is a very selfish perspective in Life.

well, i was thinking this is an informal communication and i dont owe you a formal write up. If you cant decipher my informal spellings, i think we av no deal!...
Moreso, can you kindly spell out or point to where i had insulted you in my last post!....
O di gba!
Re: What Will Become Of Those Who Have Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by me69: 1:19pm On Mar 05, 2017
Jesus was not Christian or Jew he was Muslim
Re: What Will Become Of Those Who Have Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by Radiantvessel(f): 1:20pm On Mar 05, 2017
you would agree with me that before Moses, everyone of us has a conscience. So those before Moses was given the law will be judged by their conscience, those during the time of moses before Christ will be judged by the law and those after Christ has died will be judged by their failure to accept Jesus as their personal Lord and Saviour.
Re: What Will Become Of Those Who Have Died Before The Birth Of Christ? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Mar 05, 2017
Emeritusseun:

well, i was thinking this is an informal communication and i dont owe you a formal write up. If you cant decipher my informal spellings, i think we av no deal!...
Moreso, can you kindly spell out or point to where i had insulted you in my last post!....
O di gba!

Please dont quote me if your standard of spellings are not qualitative. Of what use is education when you have gone down to spelling like a toddler ? Think about it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? / Michael McIntyre: Millionaire Who Hated God Gets Saved, Now Helping Christians / Ghanaian Woman Storms Church To Take Back All Her Tithes And Offerings (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.