Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,068 members, 7,863,779 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 05:57 AM

What's Happening On The Lekki Axis? - Business (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What's Happening On The Lekki Axis? (83775 Views)

What's Happening On The Badagry Axis? / What's Happening On The Lagos-Ibadan Axis? / What's Happening On The Ikorodu Axis? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis? by DisGuy: 2:22am On May 24, 2011
AjanleKoko:

They've already completed drainage and pavement for the finished sections of the road.
Paint the road ke? In areas where the bus lane is functional, like Ikorodu Road, what they did was to fence off the bus lane, and post LASTMA chaps to monitor the lane. Okadas and Danfo drivers no sabi read signs o grin

They did paint the lane on Western Avenue and 3rd Mainland Bridge. But they never tried to enforce the law on those roads, probably cos of the very heavy traffic experienced on those routes at peak hours.

By the time they see kondo olopa and about 80 okadas by the side with no owner they will understand lastma is not smiling- or actually just allow okadas, they dont take much space, motorcycles should be allowed on the BRT lane as long as they are not stop or picking/dropping passengers-and if they want to get rid of okadas they should allow only tricycles

When they enforce the law, people will be forced to use the BRT

AjanleKoko:

Unlikely, because of the sheer volume of people in Lagos. When you look at that and try to scale, the funds required to run and support a mass transportation service in Lagos to rival the City of London would be mind-boggling.

You know, lots of things have been tried in Lagos with little success. BRT is even enjoying moderate success.

How are you doing though? We haven't spoken in a while.

The sheer volume will make it work, the services will be introduced in phases, BRT is only about 5years old and not comprehensively linked yet but still making money, in the long run it will recover the cost

In V.I almost everyone park in front of their banks its absurd, they drive to work drive home, too much vehicle moving around. they don't even do car-share, its me and my motor
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis? by johnie: 9:45am On May 24, 2011
These pictures show the BRT lane on the third mainland bridge.

As you can see both the buses and cars drive on that lane.

I have not seen or met anyone apprehended for driving a private vehicle on the lane.

Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis? by johnie: 9:46am On May 24, 2011

Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis? by blank(f): 12:08pm On May 24, 2011
I have seen people arrested. There is usually a police van at the approach to CMS bridge when coming from Western Avenue.
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis? by johnie: 12:22pm On May 24, 2011
You are very correct about motorists being apprehended on Eko Bridge.

As a matter of fact, if you are going up the bridge from Costain, the chances of not falling into the hands of those guys is 50:50 as they are ready to claim that you drove on some part of the lane before moving inwards.

I was referring to third mainland bridge when I said I haven't seen anyone apprehended.

LASTMA officials in some parts of Lagos are very notorious for apprehending motorists when unnecessary. These places include

1. Traffic light junctions between Falomo Bridge and Oniru
2. Allen Avenue/Obafemi Awolowo Way roundabout
3. Eko Bridge BRT Lane
4. Maryland-Ojota link Bridge BRT Lane

These guys should be called to order (as was done when the elections were approaching) or the traffic lights should be changed to show the duration between the transition in colour as we have in some other parts of Lagos. The LASG is only creating a bad image for itself and creating avenues for easy money for these rogues in uniform with these archaic traffic lights.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=668323.msg8332234#msg8332234
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis? by johnie: 12:06pm On Jun 02, 2011
We have agreement with LCC on Lekki road - LASG
Monday, 16 May 2011

Lagos State Government has maintained that it has a bold agreement with the Lekki Concession Company (LCC) over the Lekki Epe expressway concession which it hopes to honour.

The Special Adviser to the Governor on Works and Infrastructure, Mr Abiodun Johnson, said this while presenting the ministry’s score card for its stewardship within the four years of the Fashola administration in the state.

Johnson, who was fielding questions from journalists on the Lekki – Eti Osa–Epe road, especially on why the road should have three toll plazas, whereas longer roads elsewhere do not have as much tolls on them, said the state had a standing agreement with the company, saying that the details of the road expansion project was fully discussed before the concession was awarded.

He stated that the concessionaires had been executing the project with their own funds and had the right to dictate their own tune.

“If you know any contractor who can do the work, contact me. Whoever has the money will dictate his tone for you. We have a bold agreement with them,” the special adviser said.

Johnson said the experience of the past four years was fulfilling and challenging and hoped that the projects embarked upon by the government would be pursued to a logical conclusion.

He stated that the massive infrastructural improvement and development ongoing in different parts of the state had enhanced job creation, economic empowerment, poverty alleviation and healthier living of the citizenry.

He listed some of the challenges the ministry faced in its quest to provide the necessary infrastructure to serve the people, but noted that despite these, the Lagosians could now drive smoothly on major roads in the states.

The challenges, according to him, included the geographical location of the state with much of its land mass below sea level, which makes it prone to flooding and other attendant climatic factors.

He also pointed out the unhygienic practices of the people through indiscriminate dumping of refuse that leads to blockage of drains and thereby hinders the free flow of storm water and the consequent effect on the roads as well as vandalisation of road furniture and public utilities.

He, however, pointed out that the implementation strategy and methodology of the ministry in providing durable infrastructure was centred on time-tested principles of management and improved service delivery. He maintained that the ministry is on course with specific goal of providing durable road infrastructure and public buildings which are in line with the 10-point agenda of the government.”

The ministry, he disclosed, had, apart from road infrastructure, been able to complete 30 public buildings ranging from high courts and magistrate courts, play grounds, maternal child care centres, e-learning centres, among others. He also stated that 47 other such public buildings are ongoing.

He revealed that the ministry also embarked on provision of streetlights on the newly constructed roads. Another set of streetlight project involving about 2,445 poles that span about 85.58 kilometers were installed across the state.

The special adviser also said that the state government had embarked on the development of an Independent Power Project which is ongoing in Lagos Island to boost power supply in the state.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/property-a-environment/21971-we-have-agreement-with-lcc-on-lekki-road-lasg
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis? by johnie: 12:08pm On Jun 02, 2011
Rehabilitation reduces accidents on Eti Osa, Lekki/Epe road - LCC
Monday, 23 May 2011

The Lekki Concession Company (LCC), the company handling the Eti Osa, Lekki Epe road has said that the reduction in accidents on that road currently undergoing expansion and rehabilitation is probably as a result of the improved road.

LCC which was making case for road safety generally said that when consideration was given to the increase in traffic of approximately 25 per cent excluding (Okada), the improvement was significant.

The organisation gave the statistics, saying that the accident rate per million vehicle kilometres for kilometre 0 to 20 was 2.58 for the year so far as well as accident statistics from data collected on this stretch of the road during 2010 and to date in 2011.

According to the organisation, a total number of 746 accidents or average 62 per month were recorded in 2010. The first four months of 2010 recorded 291 or average of 72 per month while 216 were recorded for the corresponding period in 2011 or average 54 per month.

Other details showed that there were 21 fatal accidents in 2010. While January-April 2010 recorded two fatal accidents, three were recorded in the same period in 2011.

Between 2010 and 2011, 24 deaths were recorded on that road. Out of this, motorcyles accidents recorded the highest fatalities with 20 deaths. Two other pedestrians died while one motorist died and another one died having fallen from a truck.

On the average, 40 per cent of accidents are single vehicle accidents; another 45 per cent of accidents were due to speed and dangerous driving. The second highest causes were rear-end and side collisions in high traffic density areas.

Generally, motorcycle riders had a fair share as the number of operators involved were 11 per cent of accidents, heavy vehicles were involved in 11 per cent of accidents and commercial buses recorded 11 per cent involvement in all the accidents.

Currently, 25 per cent of accidents happen in kilometre one to three of the stretch. This, the company attributed mainly to traffic volumes during daytime and speeding at night.

On the other hand most of the accidents (about 11 per cent) occur between 4.pm and 5.pm, due to high traffic volumes, while 55 per cent of accidents happen during daytime, and 45 per cent after sunset.

“By and large, the trend of fatal accidents on Nigerian roads seriously underlines the need to continue to develop reliable statistics, common definitions and robust data collection mechanisms. This is an urgent reason for all the relevant state and federal competent authorities to concentrate on the right objectives and set a particular focus on inappropriate road users’ behaviour, enforcement of existing rules and on improving the situation in the areas where most of the accidents occur.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/property-a-environment/22300-rehabilitation-reduces-accidents-on-eti-osa-lekkiepe-road-lcc
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis? by mbulela: 3:09pm On Jun 02, 2011
johnie:

We have agreement with LCC on Lekki road - LASG
Monday, 16 May 2011

Lagos State Government has maintained that it has a bold agreement with the Lekki Concession Company (LCC) over the Lekki Epe expressway concession which it hopes to honour.

The Special Adviser to the Governor on Works and Infrastructure, Mr Abiodun Johnson, said this while presenting the ministry’s score card for its stewardship within the four years of the Fashola administration in the state.

Johnson, who was fielding questions from journalists on the Lekki – Eti Osa–Epe road, especially on why the road should have three toll plazas, whereas longer roads elsewhere do not have as much tolls on them, said the state had a standing agreement with the company, saying that the details of the road expansion project was fully discussed before the concession was awarded.

He stated that the concessionaires had been executing the project with their own funds and had the right to dictate their own tune.

I don't want us to go round in circles like we had done in the past on this site but i find the bold part of the adviser's comment moronic to say the least.
Who negotiated this contract?
So you just accept any condition LCC seeks?
If they asked for his mother's head on a plate would he have obliged?
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis? by mbulela: 3:20pm On Jun 02, 2011
Dis Guy:

By
The sheer volume will make it work, the services will be introduced in phases, BRT is only about 5years old and not comprehensively linked yet but still making money, in the long run it will recover the cost

In V.I almost everyone park in front of their banks its absurd, they drive to work drive home, too much vehicle moving around. they don't even do car-share, its me and my motor
Thank you very much.
This issue needs to be addressed.
Apart from a rail system i don't see anything else that will address the horrible vehicular traffic in lagos.
the sheer volume of cars on the island point to the insanity of its inhabitants.
unfortunately,we see it as a sign of affluence.
provide a large scale bus service comparable to some of the best in the world and slam massive congestion charges on the VI,lekki & ikoyi axis and this madness will be curtailed.
some families have 3 cars on the island every morning.i mean 3 bloody cars from one household.
is that sane?
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis? by johnie: 3:58pm On Jun 02, 2011
Yes it is!
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis? by X2X(m): 6:32pm On Jun 02, 2011
johnie:

Yes it is!

No it is not.
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis? by johnie: 6:46pm On Jun 02, 2011
shocked Am I bad? shocked

Sorry, I meant IT IS INSANE!
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis? by AjanleKoko: 10:38pm On Jun 02, 2011
mbulela:

Thank you very much.
This issue needs to be addressed.
Apart from a rail system i don't see anything else that will address the horrible vehicular traffic in lagos.
the sheer volume of cars on the island point to the insanity of its inhabitants.
unfortunately,we see it as a sign of affluence.
provide a large scale bus service comparable to some of the best in the world and slam massive congestion charges on the VI,lekki & ikoyi axis and this madness will be curtailed.
some families have 3 cars on the island every morning.i mean 3 bloody cars from one household.
is that sane?

Not in agreement.
I live in the Lekki axis and work in Ikoyi. Don't see why i need to pay any bloody congestion charge when I pay for land use, and also pay for parking everyday in a commercial car park opposite my office. Plus, I am going to start paying toll soon. Is it a crime to live in Lekki?

And those car parks in front of banks, the banks have paid Lagos state for use of those spaces. So people have the right to park there.
World class bus service is easier said than done, and we all know that. Even in the USA, there's nothing like world class bus service, just some limited service in the downtown areas, not really the suburbs. Everybody has a car in the states, and they pretty much drive everywhere. Everywhere I've been in the states, I've always had to rent a car to get around.

Let the government open up that Lekki axis, build the 4th mainland bridge, complete the Lekki-Ikoyi link bridge and the Falomo ramp, you'll see the immediate impact on traffic in VI. I have driven on a workday, from Obalende, through Igbosere, down to Broad street to UBA building, and back down Marina to CMS without issues. Primarily because those areas are now cleared by government, roads are fixed, and the roads are no more controlled by danfos and molues.
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis? by DisGuy: 11:52pm On Jun 02, 2011
AjanleKoko:

Not in agreement.
I live in the Lekki axis and work in Ikoyi. Don't see why i need to pay any bloody congestion charge when I pay for land use, and also pay for parking everyday in a commercial car park opposite my office. Plus, I am going to start paying toll soon. Is it a crime to live in Lekki?

And those car parks in front of banks, the banks have paid Lagos state for use of those spaces. So people have the right to park there.
World class bus service is easier said than done, and we all know that. Even in the USA, there's nothing like world class bus service, just some limited service in the downtown areas, not really the suburbs. Everybody has a car in the states, and they pretty much drive everywhere. Everywhere I've been in the states, I've always had to rent a car to get around.

Let the government open up that Lekki axis, build the 4th mainland bridge, complete the Lekki-Ikoyi link bridge and the Falomo ramp, you'll see the immediate impact on traffic in VI. I have driven on a workday, from Obalende, through Igbosere, down to Broad street to UBA building, and back down Marina to CMS without issues. Primarily because those areas are now cleared by government, roads are fixed, and the roads are no more controlled by danfos and molues.

States in the USA are huge and not well served by transport services, London is just about the same size as lagos, very congested hence a good network of rail/road transport will fit perfectly. Most visitors to London dont even bother with car rentals as public transport cover all areas, a bus stop is usually at most 5 mins away- those working in the financial district are well served by cabs, taxis, buses and bikes

Workers in London also pay for parking apart from paying the congestion charges if/when they insist on driving through the congestion zone. If a congestion charge is introduced; they'll be more money invested in public transport ensuring there's an alternative for workers in this zone, there'll be fewer traffic, safer roads for school kids and the vulnerable road users, journey times within these areas will be considerably reduced, the environment you work and live in will be cleaner/better- air quality in Lagos is terrible!

Considering this will only be implemented during working hours, the employers can introduce staff bus or employee can transfer their expense to their employers- introduce fleet cars or encourage car sharing, most people working here usually live in the same area +/- 10%

The way i see it if there are alternative, many people will take it up, driving to/from work is stress most especially if you work doesnt require you to move about once you're in

Imagine Mr Ajalekoko sharing a ride with Mr Chinedu listening to DanMariya on the way to work  cool
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis? by mbulela: 11:31am On Jun 03, 2011
i am notwidely travelled but from what i hear there is no world class bus system anywhere.
what i mean is a transport system that is comaprable to what you have elsewhere.
and for a start we don't even need it all over lagos.if it starts from CMS, Marina, ikoyi, VI, lekki up to Gbagada before the 3rd mainland bridge,it will be a good start.
when i mena world class, i mena buses that are mint, maintained, proper drivers (not the ones that drink agbo and alomo bitters at dawn) and plenty of buses all over.
i am convinced that this willreduce the amount of cars on the island and its environs hugely.
truth is that most (not just some) of the people who drive on the Isand have no option and will readily accept a decent option.
Have you wondered why staff buses (the well maintained ones) are popular even among car owners?
the fact that the banks and other organisations pay for the space in front of their buildings for parking purposes is a bit of a mute point.
The crux of the money is that while they pay for that space (and the LASG will tax for the air we breathe if it was possible.infact BRF and his advisers might be working on it as we speak/type) it worsens the traffic in the entire business district. the whole road comes to a halt while the colourfully dressed security man tries to sherperd another bank customer into that tiny space.it is so irritating.
i wonder why you think all those construction projects will be easier than this bus scheme for the business districts?
it does not stop the govt from repairing roads but repairing roads might even increase the influx of cars.
It is not a crime to live in Lekki (after all the rents there are out of the reach of the poor) but i think it is a crime to have to leave home by 6am in order to get to the office b4 8am because of this insane vehicular traffic that you experience.
would it not be better to pay the same thing you pay at that commercial car park across your office at an even safer govt/private sector run car park at the edge of Lekki and catch a world class (my favourite word of the moment) bus to Ikoyi and be at your desk in 20 mins?
if driving in traffic gives you thrill,by all means pay the hefty congestion charges that will help maintain the world class nature of that bus system within the business district while you enjoy that luxury.
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis? by AjanleKoko: 11:41am On Jun 03, 2011
^^
LOL.

NO TO CONGESTION CHARGE grin grin grin grin grin grin

On a serious note, you have a good point. If there is a decent bus and/or rail system that can take people into the island and runs to schedule, they can just create commercial parks where people can park their cars for the day. The issue is that decent bus/train, and when it is ever going to materialise.
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis? by mbulela: 11:42am On Jun 03, 2011
Dis Guy:

the environment you work and live in will be cleaner/better- air quality in Lagos is terrible!

pls don't even get me started on that.
You have not even touched on the filth.
Very dirty city.
unfortunately there is little the govt can do about the filth part.
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis? by mbulela: 11:43am On Jun 03, 2011
AjanleKoko:

^^
LOL.

NO TO CONGESTION CHARGE grin grin grin grin grin grin
mailed you a few times.
you just dey bone me.
Still looking o!
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis? by AjanleKoko: 11:49am On Jun 03, 2011
mbulela:

mailed you a few times.
you just dey bone me.
Still looking o!

I saw the email.
let's get together on IM.
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis? by AjanleKoko: 11:54am On Jun 03, 2011
mbulela:

pls don't even get me started on that.
You have not even touched on the filth.
Very dirty city.
unfortunately there is little the govt can do about the filth part.

But guy, Lagos is still better than PH o. I was in PH last week.
Lagos has really improved on the filth part. I always think back to the Lagos of 1999 and shudder.
If you think Lagos is filthy, just take a drive down Abeokuta Expressway to Sango Ota. The difference between Lagos and Ogun is startling.
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis? by mbulela: 12:00pm On Jun 03, 2011
AjanleKoko:

I saw the email.
let's get together on IM.

will meet in you there shortly.
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis? by johnie: 1:34pm On Jun 03, 2011
AjanleKoko:

On a serious note, you have a good point. If there is a decent bus and/or rail system that can take people into the island and runs to schedule, they can just create commercial parks where people can park their cars for the day. The issue is that decent bus/train, and when it is ever going to materialise.

This park and ride thing is already happening in some parts of Lagos.

I know, for instance, that people park at the Ikosi (old toll gate) end of the Lagos Ibadan expressway and ride the LAGBUS to Lagos Island.

Other modes of transport are also coming on stream.

I spoke with someone who lives at Ikorodu in the evening yesterday and he toldme he would be catching a ferry at a jetty somewhere at Ikoyi having failed to purchase a ticket at another jetty on Lagos Island.
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis? by AjanleKoko: 2:15pm On Jun 03, 2011
johnie:

This park and ride thing is already happening in some parts of Lagos.

I know, for instance, that people park at the Ikosi (old toll gate) end of the Lagos Ibadan expressway and ride the LAGBUS to Lagos Island.

Other modes of transport are also coming on stream.

I spoke with someone who lives at Ikorodu in the evening yesterday and he toldme he would be catching a ferry at a jetty somewhere at Ikoyi having failed to purchase a ticket at another jetty on Lagos Island.

It's the accessibility and regularity that we now need. It's not enough to just have them. We need to have them available and running to schedule. If I know for example that I can leave Lekki at 10 and get to Ikorodu at 11am, I won't drive.
Recently I wanted to take my family to Takwa Bay. We spent a lot of time driving around and assessing our options. Eventually we rented a boat for 20k for our exclusive use at a private jetty under Falomo bridge. What was available for mass transit were canoes rigged with outboard engines. I would not take my 3 year old son on those.
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis? by mbulela: 3:34pm On Jun 03, 2011
AjanleKoko:

It's the accessibility and regularity that we now need. It's not enough to just have them. We need to have them available and running to schedule. If I know for example that I can leave Lekki at 10 and get to Ikorodu at 11am, I won't drive.
Recently I wanted to take my family to Takwa Bay. We spent a lot of time driving around and assessing our options. Eventually we rented a boat for 20k for our exclusive use at a private jetty under Falomo bridge. What was available for mass transit were canoes rigged with outboard engines. I would not take my 3 year old son on those.

Now you are coming around to the idea.
the bold part is the world class i was alluding to.
instead of all this talk of airport, 5th and 6th mainland bridges, this is an urgent matter than will make instant impact and i don't think it is as expensive or logistically challenging as some of these other projects talked about.
Imagine the daily gridlock on Ajose and Sanusi every day.
Some developmental economist needs to do a holistic study on how much in Naira and kobo is lost to traffic in the Victoria island, lekki,ikoyi axis monthly.
the level of unproductivity directly related to this traffic is maddening.

i have some challenge on the YIM front.will send you a mail explaining it.
my apologies for keeping you waiting.
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis? by bugmenot: 8:00pm On Jun 07, 2011
@johnie

Hi,  Great job you guys are doing with this thread.  I'm a lekki axis enthusiast (whatever that means), thus my attraction to this thread.  If it's ok by you, I'm hoping to tap your brain about properties in that area.  Is it ok if I contact you by email, I have tonnes of questions and believe you can give tonnes of answers/advice?

Keep up the good work.
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis? by johnie: 4:12pm On Jun 09, 2011
Bugmenot,

Pardon the delay in responding.

I have sent you a mail on the address you supplied.
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis? by bugmenot: 6:47pm On Jun 09, 2011
Johnie,

Thank you, my brother. I don't see the email. Do you mind forwarding it again to infinity_ng AT yahoo.co.uk?

Cheers.
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis? by abasscity(m): 9:27pm On Jun 17, 2011
12 plots land at olokonla ajah for sale with c of o and governors consent. 4.5 million per plot
363 plots at oribanwa awoyaya 4million per plot with c of o and governors consent
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis? by abasscity(m): 9:27pm On Jun 17, 2011
my number is 08072794602 name ola
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis? by johnie: 4:10pm On Jun 22, 2011
‘Completion of Lekki-Epe Road not feasible this year’ .
Tuesday, 21 June 2011 00:43

THE expansion of the Lekki-Epe Expressway will not be completed this year, the Lekki Concession Company Limited (LCC), financiers of the project, said yesterday.

Speaking with newsmen in Lagos, the Managing Director of LCC, Mr. Opuiyo Oforiokuma, attributed the delay to certain significant changes introduced into the project lately by the Lagos State Government.

The changes, according to him, include the major redesign of parts of the carriageway alignment and other key features of the road.

“We now have to revisit and reconsider the timelines for completing the 49.5-kilometre expressway project. The road project reappraisal process is not yet complete. It is highly unlikely that we will be able to complete the project by the end of this year as previously envisaged.

“The various changes and how to deal with them are the subject of ongoing dialogue with the state government,” said Oforiokuma.

He, however, assured the public that the construction was progressing as the carriageway upgrade had already gone beyond Chevron Roundabout.

According to him, the six-lane carriageway, which is more than an asphalt surface, would last at least 30 years, when completed.

“We are in the process of constructing the new Falomo On-Ramp near Caverton Heliport on Ozumba Mbadiwe Road, which was commissioned in March 2011,” he said.

Oforiokuma said work has been completed on the Admiralty Circle Toll Plaza and the new fully-electronic 22-lane toll plaza at the Oniru Estate, and that work is going on on another toll plaza near Chevron.

He said the company has been implementing a 24-hour complementary Incident Management Services that has assisted over 5,000 road users in distress situations.

http://www.compassnewspaper.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=8494:-completion-of-lekki-epe-road-not-feasible-this-year&catid=37:general-news&Itemid=607
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis? by johnie: 11:05am On Jun 28, 2011
Flooding: LCC bemoans assault on workers by protesters
DAYO AYEYEMI 28/06/2011 01:09:00

The Lekki Concession Company has condemned attack on some workers employed by its contractor, Hitech Construction Company during the public protest staged by residents of Jakande Estate on the Eti- Osa Lekki-Epe Expressway on Monday.

The company alleged that some of its workers were physically assaulted by angry mobs involved in the protest. According to a statement made available to National Mirror yesterday by the Corporate Affairs and Communications Department of LCC, the protest was about flooding experienced by residents of Jakande Estate since the heavy rains began, which, the residents alleged was caused by the ongoing rehabilitation and upgrade of the Eti-Osa Lekki-Epe Expressway.

The company pointed out that the ongoing construction works along the axis have nothing to do with the flooding, blaming blocked drains in the area for the deluge. It stated, .“LCC is responsible for the rehabilitation and update of the Eti-Osa Lekki-Epe Expressway, but only for the works falling within our approved right-of-way, ”

http://nationalmirroronline.net/business/business-and-finance/15117.html
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis? by Mariory(m): 12:51pm On Jun 28, 2011
I'm glad these "what's happening. . ." threads are still alive. johnie any chance of pics to show construction updates?

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply)

Meet Grasshoppers Seller Who Makes ₦20,000 To ₦30,000 Daily In Kaduna (Video) / Ebonyi Mall: The Largest Mall In Nigeria Almost Completed (Pics, Video) / “I Discovered Banana Island” Terry Waya Claims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.