Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,528 members, 7,816,290 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

Lady Expelled From Covenant University In 300L, Becomes Best Graduating Student - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lady Expelled From Covenant University In 300L, Becomes Best Graduating Student (95496 Views)

Update On Lydia Lawal: The Lady Expelled From Federal University Lokoja. / Lady Expelled From Federal University Lokoja Unjustly Speaks / Nnadi Nnedimkpa Susan Graduates With 4.93 CGPA From Covenant University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Expelled From Covenant University In 300L, Becomes Best Graduating Student by Yinkatolu: 12:31pm On Mar 12, 2017
Re: Lady Expelled From Covenant University In 300L, Becomes Best Graduating Student by searchng4love: 12:53pm On Mar 12, 2017
Evaberry:

my mouth is not speaking

my hands are typing on an ANONYMOUS FORUM

so I can be naughty
Which is even worse... Anyway whatever rocks your boat sisi
Re: Lady Expelled From Covenant University In 300L, Becomes Best Graduating Student by CheedyJ(m): 1:14pm On Mar 12, 2017
smudge2079:
Which one is Veritas University?
Ignorance isn't an excuse bro..google is ur friend OK..no pun intended ooo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Expelled From Covenant University In 300L, Becomes Best Graduating Student by Heavance(m): 1:42pm On Mar 12, 2017
ireneony:
so true...seriously i hate social media ..
Whenever i see pics of my old school mate getting married, flauting their spouse, snapping happy pics...i think their lives are better even though I'm not doing bad. I think the thing is humans are never satisfied.
My dear, we seriously keep learning daily.
One eternal lesson I learnt from social media is,
"No one will upload the bad side to you, nobody will upload pictures of when they had only garri on their table, but they will be quick to upload chicken and brokoto"

1 Like

Re: Lady Expelled From Covenant University In 300L, Becomes Best Graduating Student by Josephamstrong1(m): 3:08pm On Mar 12, 2017
"most of ya mates r getting married wt kid" really?
That should be an achievement right?
Gals and thr competitive lives.
Congrats tho undecided

Re: Lady Expelled From Covenant University In 300L, Becomes Best Graduating Student by Nobody: 3:18pm On Mar 12, 2017
deenee:

Well you are spot on. I think it's quite tacky for me to use one example as a simplistic generalization. However the truth is I have gone through over 6 CU and Bowen graduates in the last 18 months alone three of whom have first class degrees so I get somehow weary when people come
brandishing their first class certificate. Besides I can quite understand if people bulk under exam and test conditions but bulking in a relaxed work environment where you have two weeks to deliver is another thing. More so, the presentation ain't the only gaffe.

Well, organizations that aim to recruit only first class graduates do themselves a disservice. Having a firstclass is just a statement of academic excellence and nothing else. When you admit them into research institutions, academia or research laboratories they tend to do well because the kind of conditions that exist in those work 'climate' favors their kind of thought processes. Sometimes the strength of a first class grad is his weakness. Though I think ur tag of private unis isn't fair as I have seen public universities first class graduates whom I cannot recommend for employment. But the problem is employers assumption that academic excellence is a statement on Integrity, Perseverance, Optimism, Ingenuity, Courage, Loyalty, Accountability or creativity but they tend to find out sooner or later, but instead of blaming their selection process they turn on the University or the First class value itself. I did not graduate from CU with a first class, neither was i ever close to being on a First class by a wide margin but i recognize my strength and my abilities and i know for a fact that when it comes to my strengths i can stand shoulder to shoulder with any first class graduate from my school. However i can vouch that any first class conferred by my school is a very legit representation of the persons knowledge base but nothing else. So if you want the best for your organization, then open up ur processes to include people from public universities and other different grades(even up till 3rd class) and then set up new criteria that is more relevant to ur organizational need and select based on that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Expelled From Covenant University In 300L, Becomes Best Graduating Student by Nobody: 3:24pm On Mar 12, 2017
Wait oo, u mean say u don reach 300 level, then u come go back to 100 level and u were bold to tell us that u were reading all night for test and assignment.
Except u switched from studying 'medicine' to 'Law'

If not,it means ur brain is paining you?

I expected you to be co-lecturer for your classmates while tutorials were supposed to be ur second name
Re: Lady Expelled From Covenant University In 300L, Becomes Best Graduating Student by trustworthy1(f): 3:27pm On Mar 12, 2017
Heavance:
It was getting interesting till I read "my secondary school mates were getting married and having kids".
This thing is too common with girls..... they just put themselves under unnecessary pressure, stop making your life a competition.
The simple truth is that 50% of them are actually not married, and most are not finding life funny where ever they are, Facebook just keeps making their life look better than yours because you allow it seem so.
Re: Lady Expelled From Covenant University In 300L, Becomes Best Graduating Student by fpeter(f): 3:43pm On Mar 12, 2017
Malakh:
so tell me how do women enjoy their youth?

Study further.
Aspire for greatness.
Travel.
Take new classes or courses.
Skills acquisition.
Self discovery.

1 Like

Re: Lady Expelled From Covenant University In 300L, Becomes Best Graduating Student by rejuvenation: 4:02pm On Mar 12, 2017
Let all who have EARS hear and all who have eyes Read......you have an unresolved issue on GHW...you come to NAIRALAND to spread tales....would Seun or NAIRALAND MODS call or mail the ADMINS of GHW to fix the issue the resounding answer is NO.

WE ALL keenly interested in the survival and sustenance of GHW....let's apply wisdom and let it direct our actions....

Negative news of any thing is good business for the MEDIA....a word is enough for any one that values his or her INVESTMENTS in GHW....

The trust test of any platform lies in the LOYALTY Of it's members ...........

Stop DEFAULTING ON YOUR PLEDGES ....it would hurt the system ....

Stop SPREADING TALES GHW is you and me!!!!

Stop SEEKING CHEAP REFERRAL BONUES ....Greed destroys....

Let's. Keep Faith and trust ourselves to be wise in our decisions...

Long live GHW
Re: Lady Expelled From Covenant University In 300L, Becomes Best Graduating Student by Malakh: 4:13pm On Mar 12, 2017
yeah right...it's so crazy how worldly people think alike
fpeter:

Study further.
Aspire for greatness.
Travel.
Take new classes or courses.
Skills acquisition.
Self discovery.

1 Like

Re: Lady Expelled From Covenant University In 300L, Becomes Best Graduating Student by rhames(m): 4:13pm On Mar 12, 2017
Never give up, never give in, never let a ray of hope slip in, i will never fall,i will never fail, i will just get up and try again, never lose hope, never lose faith, there is so much at stake upon myself i must deoend, i am not waiting for place or show i am gonna win.

Brian Mcknight From the song WIN
Re: Lady Expelled From Covenant University In 300L, Becomes Best Graduating Student by econome(m): 4:14pm On Mar 12, 2017
There's always a second chance...
Re: Lady Expelled From Covenant University In 300L, Becomes Best Graduating Student by zinnyprecy(f): 4:59pm On Mar 12, 2017
those asking why she was expelled, must she tell you everything might be a minor issue. congrats dear for not looking down on yourself and congrats cos your hardwork paid.
Re: Lady Expelled From Covenant University In 300L, Becomes Best Graduating Student by seunfape(m): 5:23pm On Mar 12, 2017
smudge2079:
Which one is Veritas University?
veritas at where

1 Like

Re: Lady Expelled From Covenant University In 300L, Becomes Best Graduating Student by VitaminB12(m): 5:38pm On Mar 12, 2017
Tysonkidd:

Stop fooling yourself...Nothing like sounds moral or discipline in Naija uni be it Catholic, cherubim or whatever... The management are only after money anyway with that high tuition fee(Madonna)..so u wanna tell me no exams malpractice in this your stated Uni..you are a joker!!!
You are the biggest fool of the century. By the way, its not 'sounds' but sound because sound doesn't have a plural form ode. If Education is costly, try ignorance as you are trying now. What you don't know is far bigger than you. Swerve and don't mention me again kid
Re: Lady Expelled From Covenant University In 300L, Becomes Best Graduating Student by RealHaute: 6:06pm On Mar 12, 2017
Evaberry , wassap? I have a few questions: when you go somewhere and you find a computer, let's assume you connect a wireless keyboard to the computer. When you press a button, it will send a message to the computer right? In other words, the keyboard let's us talk to the computer electronically right? wink cheesy
Re: Lady Expelled From Covenant University In 300L, Becomes Best Graduating Student by deenee: 12:18am On Mar 13, 2017
Statsocial:

Well, organizations that aim to recruit only first class graduates do themselves a disservice. Having a firstclass is just a statement of academic excellence and nothing else. When you admit them into research institutions, academia or research laboratories they tend to do well because the kind of conditions that exist in those work 'climate' favors their kind of thought processes. Sometimes the strength of a first class grad is his weakness. Though I think ur tag of private unis isn't fair as I have seen public universities first class graduates whom I cannot recommend for employment. But the problem is employers assumption that academic excellence is a statement on Integrity, Perseverance, Optimism, Ingenuity, Courage, Loyalty, Accountability or creativity but they tend to find out sooner or later, but instead of blaming their selection process they turn on the University or the First class value itself. I did not graduate from CU with a first class, neither was i ever close to being on a First class by a wide margin but i recognize my strength and my abilities and i know for a fact that when it comes to my strengths i can stand shoulder to shoulder with any first class graduate from my school. However i can vouch that any first class conferred by my school is a very legit representation of the persons knowledge base but nothing else. So if you want the best for your organization, then open up ur processes to include people from public universities and other different grades(even up till 3rd class) and then set up new criteria that is more relevant to ur organizational need and select based on that.

Impressive! First class or not, degrees should be awarded for both character and learning. Meaning that degrees should not be based on academic excellence only. So typically a first class graduate should be the best of both worlds as the saying goes.

I will agree with you that recruitment policies that focus mainly on academic grades is not the right way attract the best talent but also the schools also need to raise the bar when it comes to awarding degrees. Note that this is not to say that people who truly have worked for and deserve a first class shouldn't get it but the truth is this; the output from a handful of these first class holders is so dismal and just leaves a sour taste and impression and what typically happens is people begin to wonder how other lower grade holders will perform if a first class holder's performance is below par. So therefore recruiters are forced to ask for other qualifications esp from degree holders with 2.1 and below.

My final take is this first class or not what matter is how you can pull your weight in the outside world.

Afterall Tony Elumelu finished with a 3rd class and see where he is today.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Expelled From Covenant University In 300L, Becomes Best Graduating Student by shaggyosas(m): 2:13pm On Mar 21, 2017
dejavuh0007:

lol. u just as ignorant as her if u term her apologetic story as an achievement. many are out there making ground breaking achievements and setting standards and d irony of it is that they had no form of formal education. but here u r making a conspicuous display of ur ever shining ignorance so as to enjoin me in celebrating what i term mediocrity at its peak.

if all what d white men did was to come online and post how dey graduated from Harvard with first class am sure u wouldn't even have a phone to type this rubbish u just typed
Lolz...From your statement, it just shows you think like a kid. Because it is only a kid that is quick to throw insults just because someone tried to show him the light. Expose yourself more to the issues of life. You don't even know what achievement is in the first place. We are not talking about someone graduating with a first class, but rather a story that would encourage someone that it's never too late to start again and still achieve your dreams. You should learn to understand an article and not just scan through.
Re: Lady Expelled From Covenant University In 300L, Becomes Best Graduating Student by dipupo2289(m): 5:05pm On Nov 16, 2017
damilolammm:
undecided

WAIT FEST. WHY WERE YOU EXPELLED FROM COVENANT UNIVERSITY? undecided

Or they just said "You're expelled?" for no reason?

Either ways sha... Whether by studying hard or by bleeping lecturers hard. You sha won

Accept my heart warming congratulations!!!

NIGERIAN OLOSHO DOING IT AGAIN

VASELINE CREW grin

When someone thinks bleeping without brain(intelligence) can make a first class, it may make 2:1, 2:2 but most definitely not first-class
Re: Lady Expelled From Covenant University In 300L, Becomes Best Graduating Student by Bifrost: 8:19pm On Nov 16, 2017
deenee:

Impressive! First class or not, degrees should be awarded for both character and learning. Meaning that degrees should not be based on academic excellence only. So typically a first class graduate should be the best of both worlds as the saying goes.

I will agree with you that recruitment policies that focus mainly on academic grades is not the right way attract the best talent but also the schools also need to raise the bar when it comes to awarding degrees. Note that this is not to say that people who truly have worked for and deserve a first class shouldn't get it but the truth is this; the output from a handful of these first class holders is so dismal and just leaves a sour taste and impression and what typically happens is people begin to wonder how other lower grade holders will perform if a first class holder's performance is below par. So therefore recruiters are forced to ask for other qualifications esp from degree holders with 2.1 and below.

My final take is this first class or not what matter is how you can pull your weight in the outside world.

Afterall Tony Elumelu finished with a 3rd class and see where he is today.

I often wonder why there are such negativities on first class graduates. The bitter truth is, we are quick to point out people who made 3rd class or similar low grade and are doing great. However, we fail to mention those who have excelled in academics and are pulling weight in the society. That said:

There are certain jobs requiring a very high level of attention to detail which, believe me your third class graduates which you propose be given same opportunity as the first class can not handle. We really do underestimate first class graduates in this part of the world. Maybe it's the fvcked up system which is highly supportive of mediocres/mediocrity with a baseless question; "who first class ep?"
Re: Lady Expelled From Covenant University In 300L, Becomes Best Graduating Student by privatetisa(m): 7:35am On Dec 18, 2017

Re: Lady Expelled From Covenant University In 300L, Becomes Best Graduating Student by Ndipe(m): 4:03am On Sep 14, 2018
The downfall of a man is not the end of his life.
Re: Lady Expelled From Covenant University In 300L, Becomes Best Graduating Student by ifechukwu605: 5:00am On Sep 14, 2018
ask am.how many people she don fvvk to get that diploma.

29 Likes

Re: Lady Expelled From Covenant University In 300L, Becomes Best Graduating Student by Nobody: 12:35pm On Sep 14, 2018
slimthugchimee:
first ask am.how many people she don fvvk to get that diploma undecided
Wow your stupidity is incurable and wide like a fresh forest
Re: Lady Expelled From Covenant University In 300L, Becomes Best Graduating Student by charlezslow(m): 1:13pm On Sep 27, 2018
Na My Unical U Dey Understanding? Take Time
Re: Lady Expelled From Covenant University In 300L, Becomes Best Graduating Student by ojojameso(m): 8:40am On Jun 04, 2019
A very big congratulations to you and family. our thanks goes to the Almighty God.
Re: Lady Expelled From Covenant University In 300L, Becomes Best Graduating Student by yhemmsy(m): 5:51am On Jan 30, 2020
Are you Preparing For The Forthcoming 2020 UTME JAMB or WAEC Examination? Check Out The Best Tutorial Centre For Assistance Here.

Jamb Utme score is very important now especially when it comes to Federal University Admission. You must try your possible best to score the highest mark possible in Jamb. The mark allotted to Jamb Utme is 50% of the total aggregate score while the remaining 50% will come from olevel grades and post Utme score.

To help you get the highest mark possible we have packaged a well structured Tutorial Centre With Competent and Experienced Tutors for the upcoming Jamb Utme and Waec Examination. This tutorial center help you achieve your goal of scoring very high mark in UTME.

I recommend DE WAYMAKER TUTORIAL CENTRE at Aguda, Surulere, Lagos.. They have been in existence since 2010 and they are very much experienced when it comes to helping students secure their Admission be it via Jamb Utme, Waec or otherwise. They have been tested over the years and they have always proven to be the best. Their Jamb UTME and WAEC classes is currently ongoing and you can join them now for their various classes.

I also recommend them for your registration, that is if you need a place to get registered for the 2018 Jamb UTME. It will be a smooth ride at DE WAYMAKER TUTORIAL CENTRE

For the full information on how to contact them, check out the details below:

Address: 35, Akinyele Street, Aguda, Surulere, Lagos. (Beside St. Barth Anglican Church, Aguda)

Enquiries; call/Whatsapp: 08030673698 or simply pay them a visit.
http:///2348030673698

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Adisadel College In Ghana That Got Me Shocked / 2019/2020 PTDF Local & Overseas Scholarship- Check If You Have Been Shortlisted / Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.