Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,937 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

"I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate (36908 Views)

Buhari Nominates Anthony Ojukwu As NHRC Boss, Writes Senate For Approval / I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG / Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by folawalesegun: 1:27pm On Mar 14, 2017
LordIsaac:
Why should he be removed? He is only doing his job and has no time to stroke the ego of the noise makers. He is a political appointee....not a career customs officer just like the Minister of Defence who does not wear uniforms!
Is the position of minister of defense and comptroller General of custom the same? although the issue for the senate to tackle should be more than wearing uniform
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by Nobody: 1:29pm On Mar 14, 2017
Some people are obviously more equal than others!
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by Hexbee: 1:32pm On Mar 14, 2017
thinkdip:
Impunity at its peak, Buhari is back to destroy this country. This man should be removed asap, because he's only setting a bad precedent.
must u abuse your leader because they allow freedom od speech? I wonder people arew so mannerless. Mtcheeeeeeeeeew
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by TheAdvocate(m): 1:32pm On Mar 14, 2017
LordIsaac:
Why should he be removed? He is only doing his job and has no time to stroke the ego of the noise makers. The house was created for the people, not the people for the house. The dishonourable members have made the house dishonourable. They are not qualified to order anybody. So, say what you may, he has called their bluff!

See who is talking.
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by Plaintainboy: 1:35pm On Mar 14, 2017
Andrewkinggg:

Then to prove his doggedness by should disrespect laws and orders with such effrontery and arrogancy. I think he's done this twice already this should be condemned really! He can't continue disrespecting te Nigerian senate in that manner.. Talking about how corrupt the career customs officers are it's really not a nice thing to say because those corrupt officers are still in the customs today hence our customs is still corrupt.

The senate has lost legitimacy. They do not work for the people, infact they work against the people and should they all drop dead this minute Nigerians would roll out drums in celebration. Since legitimacy is their source of power and they are grossly lacking in this any powerful man like Col Ali, whose father is "Abraham" can defile them and nothing would happen.
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by hmbassey1960(m): 1:36pm On Mar 14, 2017
If this man was really in the millitary i do nt think he will behave this way he does nt respect respect the senate what a shame to nigeria herself he can give a good reason why he will attend to the senate call if it was country like china or france even Uk the senate call an u say no think of what will happen to that person that why when the call those yeye oga on top dem agree go.ok can someone tell me why this man no wan go senate he is beign coward honestly speaking

1 Like

Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 1:36pm On Mar 14, 2017
Temptee101:
Since this buffon was appointed CG of NCS he has always been in the news for the wrong reasons either making obnoxious and unguarded policies or spewing gibberish. Well, i don't blame him; i blame that old, incompetent bubu that nominated him. That also serves the senate right, when next they want to confirm any fuul they will be more cautious and thorough about it. Meanwhile still watching the show as it unfolds

LOL get your fact right next time, Hamid Ali did not appear before Senate, He was appointed by Buhari without Senate confirmation so he is only answerable to Buhari and not those useless Senators..

1 Like

Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by obailala(m): 1:37pm On Mar 14, 2017
Plaintainboy:

Thats how it starts....loss of legitimacy. The entire shity arrangement called Nigeria is lossing legitimacy, people dont listen to government directives again and only comply when force is applied, just wait you will soon acknowledge that this is just the beginning.
The only thing I've been able to deduce from our discussions so far is that you approve of the illegitimacy and you crave the anarchy that would follow it soon.

But then again, this has always been the case in Nigeria since day 1, you're probably just noticing it now because you only just started paying attention to it.
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by tejiritex(m): 1:42pm On Mar 14, 2017
LordIsaac:
Why should he be removed? He is only doing his job and has no time to stroke the ego of the noise makers. The house was created for the people, not the people for the house. The dishonourable members have made the house dishonourable. They are not qualified to order anybody. So, say what you may, he has called their bluff!

I think u need re-education.. The law is the law.

Its people like you who damage the country. Checks and balances are necessary for human survival.
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 1:43pm On Mar 14, 2017
gurunlocker:

What is this one saying? why can't you just pretend to be sensible? Senate summon someone and he is giving an excuse? is that a good example?

When CCB invite Saraki did he appear in court? Was it not until the CCB chairman declare his arrest before he appear?

Oga go sit down one place Hamid Ali is not answerable to the Senate..

4 Likes

Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by teebaxy(m): 1:44pm On Mar 14, 2017
Beremx:
In as much as i dislike his pride and ego, the man is very handsome. grin cheesy
the man or his pocket?
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by Plaintainboy: 1:44pm On Mar 14, 2017
Brush1:
The senate consists of representatives of each states, to ignore the Senate means disrespecting the entire nation. Just so he is made aware, we pay him to serve there in the customs and that makes him our servant. Who does he have think he is? to disregard an entire nation. The senate must implement discipline by demanding his urgent removal from office. Let's all stand up to this, by demanding his resignation.

WRONG! The Senate DOES NOT represent the people of Nigeria, they represent themselves. Unless you think they represent you...of which you must have your reasons, but I know that over 90% of Nigerians want the Senate scrapped because it is working against the peoples interest.

1 Like

Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by pricipal2003(m): 1:45pm On Mar 14, 2017
fizzy94:

For a start we'll see it as not being good but it's a step in teaching ordinary Nigerians to know what's right and what's wrong, when you go get urself a new car you'll ask for all necessary documents to be intact and not try to cut corners. You see the thing with Nigerians is we're so used to doing things the wrong way that when presented with the right way to go about things, we still see it as being wrong.
Did I hear u say a step in teaching the ORDINARY NIGERIANS what is right and what is wrong? Just the point I am trying to raise. This policy of will only make the so called ordinary Nigerians to suffer. From what I gathered, all the security agencies including the vio will be involved in its implementatio. And I am sure u know that espirits the corps will certainly set. And so ordinary nigerian like us will be made to bear the full brunt of the law. Also, I think what is good for the goose should be good for the gander. Is there any arrangement to fish out the custom officers under whose eyes those vehicles where brought into the country for punishment? If yes, then the policy should be implemented. My opinion too though!
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by jbcul4ril(m): 1:45pm On Mar 14, 2017
oluwayimika123:
This man is only trying to prove stubborn and showing
an attitude of u ve got nothing to do to me.

my take is cant d Asst comptroller Gen do d checks
must he always b dre.

we all know what he is trying to prove
1st he wont wear d uniform
now he wont attend d plenaries
belittling dem by asking d asst compt Gen 2 respond 2 dier invite.

let's see d way it's going to play out
who are they sef? bunch of symphonies of our common wealth

1 Like

Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by Xxman(m): 1:46pm On Mar 14, 2017
Otapipia:
Should vacate the seat if he cannot respect the Senate of Nigeria.

But the Senate sef. ...they respect themselves?
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by Plaintainboy: 1:52pm On Mar 14, 2017
obailala:
The only thing I've been able to deduce from our discussions so far is that you approve of the illegitimacy and you crave the anarchy that would follow it soon.

But then again, this has always been the case in Nigeria since day 1, you're probably just noticing it now because you only just started paying attention to it.

What do I say to you, how do I make you understand? Look up the word legitimacy please, it is first given in trust by the people to a few to represent their interest, if this trust gets repeatedly and repeatedly abused this trust dies. So its not what you can wish to be or wish away, it has to do with what is on ground. If people are calling for the scrap of the Senate then you should have no problem getting my point. My wishes dont matter...they are just wishes, what matters is what you have on ground. When people are working solely for their own interest it doesnt matter what principle says (that they are senators) nobody gives a hoot if they get disobeyed by another of their kind working for himself or if they get both blown up.

And it has not always been like this in Nigeria..at the nascent period the government had the support and trust of the people till they raped it non stop.
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by MANDILAX(m): 1:53pm On Mar 14, 2017
thinkdip:
Impunity at its peak, Buhari is back to destroy this country. This man should be removed asap, because he's only setting a bad precedent.

Do you know how much billions this man has been able to bring into the coffers of the country while oil was failing us? Billions that was squandered under Jonathan. So because he'd rather do his job than wear some useless uniform to appear before the senate he should be removed? You need your head checked.

2 Likes

Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by thinkdip(m): 1:57pm On Mar 14, 2017
MANDILAX:

Do you know how much billions this man has been able to bring into the coffers of the country while oil was failing us? Billions that was squandered under Jonathan. So because he'd rather do his job than wear some useless uniform to appear before the senate he should be removed? You need your head checked.
Bring your fact of the said billions and stop spewing nonsence.
And you also lack good reasoning if you can tell me GEJ tenure mismanaged money more than this admimistration. My friend you need injection
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by phemi01(m): 2:05pm On Mar 14, 2017
He should wear that uniform and appear before them. He is answerable to the senators and must obey rules and regulation. He sould not give us any excuse of the uniform having nothing to do with his job. the uniform is part of the job and he must wear it.
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by NgeneUkwenu(f): 2:09pm On Mar 14, 2017
obailala:

Sorry! Did the then Senate asked Sanusi to appear in the hallowed chamber on Suit and tie, because he worked as a CBN Governor?

Did you read, where he asked the commitee to reschedule the meeting to enable him to attend?

The present Senate are just charlatans who like to play to the gallery ....

Read between the lines, and dont allow sentiments to.becloud your sense of reasoning...

1 Like

Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by Caveatemptor(m): 2:11pm On Mar 14, 2017
Temptee101:
Since this buffon was appointed CG of NCS he has always been in the news for the wrong reasons either making obnoxious and unguarded policies or spewing gibberish. Well, i don't blame him; i blame that old, incompetent bubu that nominated him. That also serves the senate right, when next they want to confirm any fuul they will be more cautious and thorough about it. Meanwhile still watching the show as it unfolds

Hameed Alli was not confirmed as Comptroller General of Customs by the Senate.
His appointment is a direct appointment by the executive. President Buhari appointed him direct.
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by Jammiiee(m): 2:16pm On Mar 14, 2017
His look is dearing. Sth like he has a dagger under his cloths and can strike anytime. Reminds me of the name Gandoki in that nursery school English textbook

Gandoki meets Hambama angry angry sad
Beremx:
In as much as i dislike his pride and ego, the man is very handsome. grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by ogunsj: 2:21pm On Mar 14, 2017
Lescalier:
I'll like to read the laws and see what powers the senate have on the CG of Customs or even the agency.

They should Bleep him up if they can.

The man is just a rat headed idiot.
Aruna Etteh the SEC boss in the last administration, set the princident, backed by Jonathan. she neither honoured their invitation nor succumb to their resignation threats or pressure. though one wrong can not be used to justify another wrong, but the grandstanding of the Senate especially some members like Dino Melaye on the so-called summon is enough for the custom boss not to take them serious. when Hammed Ali was Governor I believed Dino Melaye should still be struggling with his academics. people should learn to respect their elders inrespective of the position you occupy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by Jammiiee(m): 2:22pm On Mar 14, 2017
That's the simple truth, it's because they're affected if not, they don't give a damn angry

Nonsense angry
haywire1:

What's this one saying angry Is buhari d customs boss.. The senators are complaining because their cars nd other luxury items have been held directly or indirectly by custom..

D truth will open soon

#
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by Charly68: 2:25pm On Mar 14, 2017
Where did Baba get this arrogant controller? He should be deported back to his farm without delay ..In the first instance backdating revenue collection due to the laxity and inefficiency of his men is an absurdity ..Yet he is bent on doing the u thinkable ..What type of a man is this fighting a whole institution?
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by Hitechzone: 2:26pm On Mar 14, 2017
chinybelle:
We are watching the drama.
Toothless senate

Select Gorgeous yet affordable hairs from chinybelle
Hurry...
Beb, u really funny! Under this economic crisis , u should find a way of promoting natural hair growth to our young generation, here u are promoting economic recklessness which really have a bad ending. Women like u are bad friends to married ones and worst to unmarried women
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by LordIsaac(m): 2:27pm On Mar 14, 2017
tejiritex:

Its people like you who damage the country. Checks and balances are necessary for human survival.
Now you are prepared to invoke the principle of checks and balances. It's laughable. Where is the principle when the nation's treasury was been looted by the same crop of thieves....? My brother, for now, that uniform he shall not wear....if that is what they are elected for!
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by progress69: 2:30pm On Mar 14, 2017
thinkdip:

I remember hypocrites like u saying NOI, Deziani and the Bullet proof car theif is not answerable to the senate. Y'all hailed them, what has suddenly changed?
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by progress69: 2:31pm On Mar 14, 2017
tejiritex:

Which law sir?

I hope this was ur stance also when the 2 Jezebels in Jonathan's regime were defiling senate orders to appear before them?

Just curious!
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by Jammiiee(m): 2:32pm On Mar 14, 2017
That face says it all, angry " eyin ogbeni wonyii e tobe Rara, eyin bawo angry"
ScepticalPyrrho:
I don't know why, I just like this Ali.

Just look at his face...

grin grin grin
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by Jammiiee(m): 2:39pm On Mar 14, 2017
My brother, tnx for that. If a Saraki can lead that senate then this country is a joke. You then expect some people to take that same senate serious angry

To Hell with the Senate angry, what have we even benefitted from those brigands angry
JustinSlayer69:

Thank you sir for more insight. I respect the man for his stance and unyielding principles. What's there to respect in a Saraki-led Senate?
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by adecares(f): 2:40pm On Mar 14, 2017
With all due respect sir, If u appear on your uniform, you will totally disappoint me. Thank you sir

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Police Storm Abuja Area, Arrest People While Celebrating Buhari's Victory.Photos / Peter Obi Congratulates Atiku, Asks God To Bless Him / Fayose Removes PDP Name & Logo From Campaign Office & Billboards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.