Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

"I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate (36913 Views)

Buhari Nominates Anthony Ojukwu As NHRC Boss, Writes Senate For Approval / I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG / Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by ddippset(m): 12:54pm On Mar 14, 2017
kjhova:

No, he is not a political appointee. He is the Comptroller General, NCS, just like the Inspector General of police.

I am with him in the brutal reforms at the NCS, however, the hallowed chamber of the Senate cannot and must not be treated with levity or disdain if our democracy is to be sustained. We may not hold our senators in high esteem due to their ways but the Senate is different from the senators.

The CG is to appear before the senate in proper uniform representing his office and he must honour the next invitation or be removed from his position.

There are laws in this realm yet, we have not all succumbed to barbarism just yet!
hollowed chambers my foot. the same set of immmbeciles who buy jeeps in our recession. anytime we beg them to reduce their salaries they increase it. Na halloween.

1 Like

Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by jrusky(m): 12:55pm On Mar 14, 2017
Where were they when he was appointed He should not go they are all not serious. The Alli himself, the Senate, The Rep, Buhari and apc are all not serious bloody confused a r s e holes.

How can a sane govt go and hire Rtd Col. to head Custom please on what basis

Too late now let him bluff them.
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by SalamRushdie: 12:57pm On Mar 14, 2017
ddippset:
so if the man refuses to wear uniform before them naira will fall abi. Senate needs to focus on more direct issues. If they pursue power sector bills the way they are pursuing hameeds uniform we will have light for 30 hours a day. Ode learn to think out of the box.

I beg Ur pardon but you are the shallow thinker here
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by joinnow: 12:58pm On Mar 14, 2017
1 Vs 109
Hard man no nonsense

2 Likes

Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by fizzy94(m): 12:59pm On Mar 14, 2017
pricipal2003:
Supported he is just a nonentity
Please tell me what law the Senate has enacted that has helped the ordinary citizens like u and I?
They are after this man because of their selfish reasons and not because of us, be wise and open ur eyes. The Senate is the real nonentity to me. #MyOpinion

3 Likes

Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by Okanokan(m): 1:01pm On Mar 14, 2017
President Buhari should call Col Hameed Ali(Rtd) to order by making him that the Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria is higher in status and authority than the custom management meeting.
If the Senate fail to sanction this fella, then i know we do not operate a democracy. Who the hell is Col Hameed Ali?
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by Nobody: 1:02pm On Mar 14, 2017
This our country self nawa
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by obailala(m): 1:02pm On Mar 14, 2017
Plaintainboy:

You sound like a man who stands for nothing. I would not be taken for a ride/granted by the lowiest amongs men in character...I will show them to their place immediately
I would suppose that your idea of standing for something is to disregard an invitation by the Senate of the country right?.... Can you please enlighten me on what exactly I would be standing for by doing that?
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by fizzy94(m): 1:02pm On Mar 14, 2017
jrusky:
Where were they when he was appointed He should not go they are all not serious. The Alli himself, the Senate, The Rep, Buhari and apc are all not serious bloody confused a r s e holes.

How can a sane govt go and hire Rtd Col. to head Custom please on what basis

Too late now let him bluff them.
Please try to read and make research before commenting on such things and you'll know the basis of his appointment. It's not compulsory to type rubbish to sound relevant.
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by ddippset(m): 1:03pm On Mar 14, 2017
SalamRushdie:

I beg Ur pardon but you are the shallow thinker here
the man has not said he wont appear but their problem would be his dressing. How many bills have they pursued like that? Apart from bills to increase their salaries? Your intellect myopia is so bad you can't even analyse an event happening outside of your room.

3 Likes

Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by Paulagada: 1:03pm On Mar 14, 2017
LordIsaac:
Why should he be removed? He is only doing his job and has no time to stroke the ego of the noise makers. He is a political appointee....not a career customs officer just like the Minister of Defence who does not wear uniforms!
Hé is not a minister he is like a cg federal fire service, immigration, prisons and nscdc...
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by freekick: 1:04pm On Mar 14, 2017
Abi o, the same senate that want a rubber stamp president to just sign anything/bills they bring without going thru it. I trust PMB/PYO when they are not drunk. Senate my foot.
JustinSlayer69:

Thank you sir for more insight. I respect the man for his stance and unyielding principles. What's there to respect in a Saraki-led Senate?
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by Plaintainboy: 1:05pm On Mar 14, 2017
obailala:
I would suppose that your idea of standing for something is to disregard an invitation by the Senate of the country right?.... Can you please enlighten me on what exactly I would be standing for by doing that?

An upright man or put this way cause no man is totally upright. A relatively upright man should be very angry when a house full of rogues dictates to him with the end result of achieving a selfish objective. If I have the privilege and power/connections that the Customs boss wields today, I take my dog personnally to the park to play before I honour an invite from the today Nigerian senate.

1 Like

Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by SalamRushdie: 1:07pm On Mar 14, 2017
ddippset:
the man has not said he wont appear but their problem would be his dressing. How many bills have they pursued like that? Apart from bills to increase their salaries? Your intellect myopia is so bad you can't even analyse an event happening outside of your room.

You have proven once again that you are shallow ...you still think this is all about a mere uniform
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by pricipal2003(m): 1:07pm On Mar 14, 2017
fizzy94:

Please tell me what law the Senate has enacted that has helped the ordinary citizens like u and I?
They are after this man because of their selfish reasons and not because of us, be wise and open ur eyes. The Senate is the real nonentity to me. #MyOpinion
U are very right to observe that the senate has not enacted any law to better the lots of the citizens. Be that as it may, the custom with this their new found craze for revenue generation at all cost is also not in the best interest of Nigerians. Or what do think?

1 Like

Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by YoungBlackRico(m): 1:07pm On Mar 14, 2017
Isupaefugbemi00:
Odikwa risky

Yeezyy
Na im design that rag? SMH madman grin

©YBR
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 1:10pm On Mar 14, 2017
vedaxcool:
grin grin grin chio wailing zombies go dey in serious pains.

Ride on sir.
Yes ooo we need someone to put this Senators in their place sometimes..

1 Like

Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by Brush1: 1:10pm On Mar 14, 2017
The senate consists of representatives of each states, to ignore the Senate means disrespecting the entire nation. Just so he is made aware, we pay him to serve there in the customs and that makes him our servant. Who does he have think he is? to disregard an entire nation. The senate must implement discipline by demanding his urgent removal from office. Let's all stand up to this, by demanding his resignation.

2 Likes

Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by me69: 1:10pm On Mar 14, 2017
WELLDONE SIR
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by kjhova(m): 1:13pm On Mar 14, 2017
ddippset:
hollowed chambers my foot. the same set of immmbeciles who buy jeeps in our recession. anytime we beg them to reduce their salaries they increase it. Na halloween.

Different ball game, that one. You and I can organize a picket to line up with placards at the National Assembly's gate to demonstrate in that regard.

In the meantime however, when that chamber invites an employee of government, such fellow best haul ass and be present.

This is how democracies work and anything else is pure anarchy.
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by fizzy94(m): 1:14pm On Mar 14, 2017
pricipal2003:
U are very right to observe that the senate has not enacted any law to better the lots of the citizens. Be that as it may, the custom with this their new found craze for revenue generation at all cost is also not in the best interest of Nigerians. Or what do think?
For a start we'll see it as not being good but it's a step in teaching ordinary Nigerians to know what's right and what's wrong, when you go get urself a new car you'll ask for all necessary documents to be intact and not try to cut corners. You see the thing with Nigerians is we're so used to doing things the wrong way that when presented with the right way to go about things, we still see it as being wrong.

1 Like

Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by obailala(m): 1:18pm On Mar 14, 2017
Plaintainboy:

An upright man or put this way cause no man is totally upright. A relatively upright man should be very angry when a house full of rogues dictates to him with the end result of achieving a selfish objective.
An upright man should disregard the call by the country's National Assembly?.... Is that what you call wisdom or uprightness?... Are you mistaking irresponsibility for uprightness?... Whatever happened to the man going there to respond to their queries 'uprightly'?...

I remember the same NASS summoning the then CBN governor Sanusi on several occasions to come make explanations for some of his controversial policies and also for his vituperations against the same NASS when he accused them of swallowing 25% of the nation's budget. Guess what Sanusi did?... He honoured the invitation, got there, explained himself, schooled the rogues, shut them all up with facts and figures and he walked away an upright who respects the laws of the land and recognises the constituted authority of the NASS. That is the difference between an upright man and just a stubborn man who blatantly disregards for constituted authority.

1 Like

Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 1:19pm On Mar 14, 2017
jtedy:
i laff in sack letter

LOL sack by who?
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 1:21pm On Mar 14, 2017
yourexcellency:
This man is being victimised because the Senate Commitee on Customs (juicy commitee) can no longer make money from Customs. All this talk about uniform is to intimidate him to resign so their man can be appointed

It's only Buhari that have the final say on his case, The senate are just toothless hahaha..
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by Andrewkinggg: 1:23pm On Mar 14, 2017
Plaintainboy:

The problem is that like me he doesnt trust the senate. And he is not like the Legion of carreer customs officers who are deeply corrupt. Its like corruption is part of the indoctrination for career customs officers. This man knows how dirty, thievery and petty this guys are, he knows they are powerful but so is he too. He would not take shit from fat clowns that leave off his revenues. I would act same if in his shoes!

Then to prove his doggedness by should disrespect laws and orders with such effrontery and arrogancy. I think he's done this twice already this should be condemned really! He can't continue disrespecting te Nigerian senate in that manner.. Talking about how corrupt the career customs officers are it's really not a nice thing to say because those corrupt officers are still in the customs today hence our customs is still corrupt.

1 Like

Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by Plaintainboy: 1:24pm On Mar 14, 2017
obailala:
An upright man should disregard the call by the country's National Assembly?.... Is that what you call wisdom or uprightness?... Are you mistaking irresponsibility for uprightness?... Whatever happened to the man going there to respond to their queries 'uprightly'?...

I remember the same NASS summoning the then CBN governor Sanusi on several occasions to come make explanations for some of his controversial policies and also for his vituperations against the same NASS when he accused them of swallowing 25% of the nation's budget. Guess what Sanusi did?... He honoured the invitation, got there, explained himself, schooled the rogues, shut them all up with facts and figures and he walked away an upright who respects the laws of the land and recognises the constituted authority of the NASS. That is the difference between an upright man and just a stubborn man who blatantly disregards for constituted authority.

Thats how it starts....loss of legitimacy. The entire shity arrangement called Nigeria is lossing legitimacy, people dont listen to government directives again and only comply when force is applied, just wait you will soon acknowledge that this is just the beginning.

1 Like

Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by Olaolufred(m): 1:24pm On Mar 14, 2017
Sinators using their powers to import cars without paying duties.

Put tainted glass to oppress those who purportedly voted them.

Have 15 unregistered cars parked in their compound.

All 15 Cars use only one registered number plate.

The only vehicle known on database to carry that number plate is a green coloured mercedez benz ML 450 registered in the sinator's name.

Now when this same number plate is used by their killer squad in killing another politician, we call on FG.

All this "vampire" and co. are instruments they give unregistered vehicles to do their bidding.

When the gangs carry sinator green number plate who dare stop them?

I am in support of Alli.

Uniform is a secondary issue. Kill Alli on performance if they want to, but not on go and where your uniform.

1 Like

Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by folawalesegun: 1:25pm On Mar 14, 2017
LordIsaac:
Why should he be removed? He is only doing his job and has no time to stroke the ego of the noise makers. He is a political appointee....not a career customs officer just like the Minister of Defence who does not wear uniforms!
Is the position of minister of defense and comptroller General of custom the same?
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by Nobody: 1:26pm On Mar 14, 2017
This man look self they fear me i swear. short devil himself. NAS finally found their match grin grin grin grin grin
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by TundeHashim(m): 1:27pm On Mar 14, 2017
LordIsaac:
what is this one saying??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ike Ekweremadu On His Knees As Clergymen Pray For Him (photos) / Edo: Mass Defection From APC is End-of-the-Road Signpost For Ize-Iyamu – PDP / FFK Reacts To Killing Of Fasoranti's Daughter, Calls Gani Adams To Return

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.