Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,039 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

"I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate (36910 Views)

Buhari Nominates Anthony Ojukwu As NHRC Boss, Writes Senate For Approval / I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG / Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by Andrewkinggg: 2:40pm On Mar 14, 2017
Plaintainboy:

The senate has lost legitimacy. They do not work for the people, infact they work against the people and should they all drop dead this minute Nigerians would roll out drums in celebration. Since legitimacy is their source of power and they are grossly lacking in this any powerful man like Col Ali, whose father is "Abraham" can defile them and nothing would happen.

No matter how corrupt the senate is for as long as our democracy is concerned and practiced any employee of the government is answerable to them at any point they are being called upon. I'm awed in disbelief that you are actually in support of his disrespect this man is showing to the senate. Anyways Nigeria is now a laughing stock that anyone in government can disrespect Laws and orders.

1 Like

Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by Olaolufred(m): 3:02pm On Mar 14, 2017
Andrewkinggg:

No matter how corrupt the senate is for as long as our democracy is concerned and practiced any employee of the government is answerable to them at any point they are being called upon. I'm awed in disbelief that you are actually in support of his disrespect this man is showing to the senate. Anyways Nigeria is now a laughing stock that anyone in government can disrespect Laws and orders.

sentiments apart.
alli is ready to meet the sinate.
but the grandstanding of sinators on uniform is embarassing to me.
sinators knows the interest they are trying to protect.
they all have many unregistered vehicles.
new ncs policy will handcuff their recklessness.
having a vehicle like you and i is no sin.
but smuggling in vehicles without proper registration is criminal.
polithiefcians starts boko haram, militants and vampire. gives them ammunitions and unregistered vehicles with special number plates to unleash terror on citizens.

so they wont support any idea that will incapacitate their nefarious activities.
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by Plaintainboy: 3:10pm On Mar 14, 2017
Andrewkinggg:

Laws and order? Did you type that in error? There is nothing like that in Nigeria. Do you know the budget of the Senate, your so called representative in a democracy? How many we go talk self, abeggi.
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by Jammiiee(m): 3:13pm On Mar 14, 2017
Bro, it's not as if those miscreants can't even pay for such, but when some few set of people see themselves as the supreme then it becomes infra dig for them to pay a dime as such like you and I. They feel it's their prerogative, of course they are above the law and get every services for free and how would they be subjected to the same regulations you and I are subjected to, since the policy would also affect them . angry
Olaolufred:

sentiments apart.
polithiefcians starts boko haram, militants and vampire. gives them ammunitions and unregistered vehicles with special number plates to unleash terror on citizens.

so they wont support any idea that will incapacitate their nefarious activities.

Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by hakimi1974(m): 3:14pm On Mar 14, 2017
ha,ha,ha by the time baba mai mango fininish with this senathieves eh, they will be like trainee boys scout trying to find their way home, in the hot sahara desert. nah by force to bring returns for una? as other c.g's dey do? bunch of criminals.
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by obailala(m): 3:16pm On Mar 14, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:

Sorry! Did the then Senate asked Sanusi to appear in the hallowed chamber on Suit and tie, because he worked as a CBN Governor?

Did you read, where he asked the commitee to reschedule the meeting to enable him to attend?

The present Senate are just charlatans who like to play to the gallery ....

Read between the lines, and dont allow sentiments to.becloud your sense of reasoning...
I think the best way to rubbish your irresponsible detractors is to play into their hands and them embarrass them with facts, figures and superior logic, not using this confrontational approach by tossing them around which in my opinion is totally unnecessary. That's one reason i respect SLS till tomorrow, he always rubbed shit on the face of NASS members till a point where they got scared of summoning him.
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by Andrewkinggg: 3:22pm On Mar 14, 2017
Olaolufred:

sentiments apart.

I don't doubt you at all. Our senators are corrupt that one no be news again. But Ali is the custom boss and such he should wear the customs uniform to meet the senators and give answers to their questions. That's what men with honour and dignity would do. I ask again where on earth does an army chief don't wear uniform, a police chief not wearing uniform but here in Nigeria a custom chief saying he's not appointed a customs chief to wear uniform. What manner of statement is that? If this man get away this this the army chief or police chief can decide to drop his uniform at home to meet the senate. This is wrong in all ramifications

1 Like

Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by Andrewkinggg: 3:27pm On Mar 14, 2017
Plaintainboy:

Laws and order? Did you type that in error? There is nothing like that in Nigeria. Do you know the budget of the Senate, your so called representative in a democracy? How many we go talk self, abeggi.

A country without laws and orders, what manner of country is that? You mean to tell me that Nigeria is a lawless state. SMH where are we heading to in this country? We ousted a government because we felt that government doesn't respect rules of land, we brought in another, stories remain the same.! The senate budget that one no even funny me reach the executive budget. We reached the highest high of the budget so far..
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by Psoul(m): 3:30pm On Mar 14, 2017
Enemyofpeace:
He indirectly tolded them to go to hell.

This man makes the money for the country, while those criminals in the National Assembly eat it.

.......But our teacher back then in Primary school told us that the past tense of Tell is Told. He said that there is nothing like tolded. But i am confused if it has been changed now. U kw English Language is dynamic in nature. It keeps changing.
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by chinybelle(f): 3:53pm On Mar 14, 2017
Hitechzone:

Beb, u really funny! Under this economic crisis , u should find a way of promoting natural hair growth to our young generation, here u are promoting economic recklessness which really have a bad ending. Women like u are bad friends to married ones and worst to unmarried women
Chinybelle sells the best hairs at affordable price

Pls pick one for your friends
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by lordcardinal(m): 3:54pm On Mar 14, 2017
Ali can't be above the law makers of this country. Respect the country and Do the right thing.
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by Rikov(m): 4:07pm On Mar 14, 2017
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by vicmela(m): 4:40pm On Mar 14, 2017
Is this man well?
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by DocHMD: 4:40pm On Mar 14, 2017
The Senate as much as we hate them remains the true representative of the people include those who lost to Buhari at the polls whom Buhari called 5%ers.

So if Hameed Ali is telling the Senate to go to hell, he is telling Nigerians to go hell. That's impunity except nigerians see themselves as slaves who shouldn't be taken serious.

If the Senate can actually make life difficult for him in every manner possible, I'll support it. nigerians are the ones being insulted here not Senator Yayi or Senator Dino.
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by Enemyofpeace: 4:41pm On Mar 14, 2017
felixomor:

U cant see impunity here
And yet u want Nigeria to move forward...

I pity u pple
when you talk of impunity start with members of the national Assembly
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by ebby9z(m): 4:42pm On Mar 14, 2017
All i can say is that this aged negro has got balls. He's going to be a litmus test of the true power of the legislature. No one dares the legislature like this, in a democracy that works,that is.
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by Enemyofpeace: 4:42pm On Mar 14, 2017
Psoul:

.......But our teacher back then in Primary school told us that the past tense of Tell is Told. He said that there is nothing like tolded. But i am confused if it has been changed now. U kw English Language is dynamic in nature. It keeps changing.

Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by felixomor: 4:47pm On Mar 14, 2017
Enemyofpeace:
when you talk of impunity start with members of the national Assembly

At least now,
Lets face the issue on ground.
2 wrongs dont make right.
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by Enemyofpeace: 4:52pm On Mar 14, 2017
felixomor:

At least now,
not in Nigeria. They want that man out of that place not because they love Nigeria but because of their selfish and devilish interest
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by felixomor: 4:59pm On Mar 14, 2017
Enemyofpeace:
not in Nigeria. They want that man out of that place not because they love Nigeria but because of their selfish and devilish interest

How r u different from them now?
They have not done anything outside the Constitution..

They are an arm of the govt.
People like u shouldnt come tomorrow and be complaining that people want Nigeria to divide when u r openly advocating for disobedience of authority.
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by Akissani: 5:01pm On Mar 14, 2017
jossy4joseph:
The idiot CG is not only disrespecting the NASS but Nigerians in general.
no.... only ipob youths are disappointed
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by stamapro(m): 5:04pm On Mar 14, 2017
thinkdip:
Impunity at its peak, Buhari is back to destroy this country. This man should be removed asap, because he's only setting a bad precedent.
exactly,this a handshake dat has gone beyond the elbow.acordin 2 Achebe
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by Enemyofpeace: 5:05pm On Mar 14, 2017
felixomor:

How r u different from them now?
They have not done anything outside the Constitution..

They are an arm of the govt.
People like u shouldnt come tomorrow and be complaining that people want Nigeria to divide when u r openly advocating for disobedience of authority.
they just want to harass the man and he told them to go to hell
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by felixomor: 5:07pm On Mar 14, 2017
Enemyofpeace:
they just want to harass the man and he told them to go to hell

Ok no problem
Let me hear u complain against people campaigning for nigeria to divide tomorrow.
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by Enemyofpeace: 5:14pm On Mar 14, 2017
felixomor:

Ok no problem
Let me hear u complain against people campaigning for nigeria to divide tomorrow.
i am all for Nigeria to disintegrate. Check my moniker. I hate peace with passion
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by stamapro(m): 5:17pm On Mar 14, 2017
Ali Hamid resign already,b proud 2 resign ko. Hwevr pride goes b4 a fall.
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by Fourwinds: 6:08pm On Mar 14, 2017
LordIsaac:
Why should he be removed? He is only doing his job and has no time to stroke the ego of the noise makers. The house was created for the people, not the people for the house. The dishonourable members have made the house dishonourable. They are not qualified to order anybody. So, say what you may, he has called their bluff!
Infact, as a citizien, I order the senate to publish its budget in line with the code of conduct and freedom of information act. Look at them, they are now alive when it comes to uniform. But it was under their watch the former customs boss milked the country dry with impunity!
God bless you...

the Senators are very stupid set of people...all they do is to camp small small girls in hotels and continually bang them.....

very irritating set of people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by Fourwinds: 6:14pm On Mar 14, 2017
felixomor:

At least now,
those Senators are idiots... was it not under their nose d last CG of customs stole a hell out of Nigeria..was it by uniform dat man performed....

d Senators are just a waste to d Nation
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by Fourwinds: 6:26pm On Mar 14, 2017
Andrewkinggg:

I totally disagree with u...our Senators are EVIL...dis man is not giving them breathing space for their corrupt activities...I won't be surprise if d Senators are doing it on behalf of their respective state governors who smuggle in all kinds of expensive things without paying a dime duty...

God will punish all those Senators....useless bunch of thieves
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by acehood907(m): 6:38pm On Mar 14, 2017
I swear you should not go to that house, they will control him how they want cause of their illiteracy
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by ocee88: 7:17pm On Mar 14, 2017
and you blame PMB for this ?? smh
thinkdip:
Impunity at its peak, Buhari is back to destroy this country. This man should be removed asap, because he's only setting a bad precedent.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photos As Floods Take Over Lagos Roads After Heavy Downpour / Fuel Scarcity Set To Hit Nigeria Again.. / Hidden truth about Igbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.