Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,107 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

"I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate (36914 Views)

Buhari Nominates Anthony Ojukwu As NHRC Boss, Writes Senate For Approval / I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG / Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by Plaintainboy: 12:34pm On Mar 14, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Buhari and his reckless team have started putting undue pressure on the battered naira again ...Does this CG know the international Business world are listening ..at a time Etisalat Nigeria is searching for new investors in the middle which investor will want to come to a place where Senior Customs boss can't even obey simple instructions like putting on a uniform or showing up for a Senate hearing

Oh shut up please, your rant has no correlation to the post.
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by jossy4joseph(m): 12:35pm On Mar 14, 2017
The idiot CG is not only disrespecting the NASS but Nigerians in general.

1 Like

Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by SalamRushdie: 12:36pm On Mar 14, 2017
Plaintainboy:

Oh shut up please, your rant has no correlation to the post.

How will you see the correlation when nobody in your lineage has never correlated anything in history successfully..I hope you know I know you played MMM twice
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by EdogiStar(m): 12:38pm On Mar 14, 2017
'must wear uniform' 4 wht?
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by seangy4konji: 12:38pm On Mar 14, 2017
it is a ghen ghen something.
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by Codes151(m): 12:39pm On Mar 14, 2017
LordIsaac:
Why should he be removed? He is only doing his job and has no time to stroke the ego of the noise makers. He is a political appointee....not a career customs officer just like the Minister of Defence who does not wear uniforms!
grow up!
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by Cire80: 12:40pm On Mar 14, 2017
LordIsaac:
Why should he be removed? He is only doing his job and has no time to stroke the ego of the noise makers. He is a political appointee....not a career customs officer just like the Minister of Defence who does not wear uniforms!
Minister of defence is not an A soldier, a police or a custom official. His is very different from comptroller general of a particular force. Compare him with Chief of Army Staff or chief of Naval staff.
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by kjhova(m): 12:40pm On Mar 14, 2017
LordIsaac:
Why should he be removed? He is only doing his job and has no time to stroke the egos of the noise makers. He is a political appointee....not a career customs officer just like the Minister of Defence who does not wear uniforms!

No, he is not a political appointee. He is the Comptroller General, NCS, just like the Inspector General of police.

I am with him in the brutal reforms at the NCS, however, the hallowed chamber of the Senate cannot and must not be treated with levity or disdain if our democracy is to be sustained. We may not hold our senators in high esteem due to their ways but the Senate is different from the senators.

The CG is to appear before the senate in proper uniform representing his office and he must honour the next invitation or be removed from his position.

There are laws in this realm yet, we have not all succumbed to barbarism just yet!
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by Plaintainboy: 12:40pm On Mar 14, 2017
obailala:
This man's arrogance stinks... I used to like this him but lately, it appears he's beginning to feel on top of the world. Who exactly does he think he is?

Funny you...helloo! He is the head of CUSTOMS! Considering that the Nigerian economy is heavily import dependent, that may just be the second most powerful man in the country. The legislaThieves on the other hand just eats almost all that he makes in return for NOTHING!
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by Andrewkinggg: 12:40pm On Mar 14, 2017
LordIsaac:

What job is he doing? Ordering custom officers to go in the night to break into people's shop at night to steal their goods! And now is going after people's vehicles, how the hell did these cars get into the country if they don't have customs paper of accreditation. This impunity and disrespect of laws of the land cannot Ben accepted or condoned in whatever form it's coming.

3 Likes

Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by anyebedgreat: 12:41pm On Mar 14, 2017
sebe97:

azzin naija na movie setting
yes nau. that's why we have acting president, acting Chief judge, acting efcc chairman. Everyone is an actor
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by Marotzke(m): 12:41pm On Mar 14, 2017
enigma2007:

I dont think they have any power to summon him. Ministry of Finance is playing the supervisory role for Customs and so i think they should summon the Finance Minister else he will keep on dribbling them and they cannot do anything to him.

Didnt you read that he rejected supervision from the ministry of finance? Opting to report directly to the president?
Serves the senate right.
They should have disciplined him when he refused taking orders from the minister.
Then, they thought it was Kemi they were doing.
Now,the little tiger has grown to challenge them.
Lets see how this would end.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by Andrewkinggg: 12:43pm On Mar 14, 2017
Plaintainboy:

Funny you...helloo! He is the head of CUSTOMS! Considering that the Nigerian economy is heavily import dependent, that may just be the second most powerful man in the country. The legislaThieves on the other hand just eats almost all that he makes in rerurn for NOTHING!

To start with he's not even a career customs officer and he's arrogant with the job. That's a slap on career customs officers before him. He needs to tell Nigerians what his customs boys aren't planning to do with the gallon of oils and bags of rice they stole at nights at people's shop in ogun state. He needs to give a report on suitation of things. These goods will be sent to the IDPs in the north..

1 Like

Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by Plaintainboy: 12:44pm On Mar 14, 2017
SalamRushdie:

How will you see the correlation when nobody in your lineage has never correlated anything in history successfully..I hope you know I know you played MMM twice

Get your head outta ya anus donkey. The men that constitute the Senate in Nigeria today as it stands is a barrier to FDI. Criminals with on going court cases litter everywhere, wanted drug lords and sex offenders. Oga any institution that deviles that gathering of fat crooks is a good news for the country.

3 Likes

Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by obailala(m): 12:44pm On Mar 14, 2017
Plaintainboy:

Funny you...helloo! He is the head of CUSTOMS! Considering that the Nigerian economy is heavily import dependent, that may just be the second most powerful man in the country. The legislaThieves on the other hand just eats almost all that he makes in return for NOTHING!
It doesn't matter if he's the president himself. This sort of arrogance doesnt lead him anywhere.
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by Nobody: 12:45pm On Mar 14, 2017
mjbaba:
This guy is just weird. Too tough and principled. Until like four years ago, u could see him driving Honda Accord 86 model around Kaduna. Despite being an ex governor. Lol

Thank you sir for more insight. I respect the man for his stance and unyielding principles. What's there to respect in a Saraki-led Senate?

3 Likes

Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 12:45pm On Mar 14, 2017
thinkdip:
Impunity at its peak, Buhari is back to destroy this country. This man should be removed asap, because he's only setting a bad precedent.

Shut up my friend, When the Senate was asked to cut cost and reduce their salaries did they listen?

When they were ask not to buy those jeep then did they listen? God bless you jar Ali putting those useless Senators in their place is welcome..

To hell with the NASS..

3 Likes

Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by Nobody: 12:45pm On Mar 14, 2017
`

3 Likes

Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by Nobody: 12:46pm On Mar 14, 2017
Lescalier:
I'll like to read the laws and see what powers the senate have on the CG of Customs or even the agency.

They should Bleep him up if they can.

The man is just a rat headed idiot.

in as much as you are entitled to your opinion myself is seeing it in different angle

Let's test the waters, Senate has been so docile all they are after is to look for an avenue to embezzle and enrich their pockets, is their any policy that would better the life of a common man they have enacted

Let Mr Alli trouble them may be they can rise up to the task

Sai...Mr Alli

3 Likes

Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by alizma: 12:48pm On Mar 14, 2017
thinkdip:
Impunity at its peak, Buhari is back to destroy this country. This man should be removed asap, because he's only setting a bad precedent.
those that should be removed are those crooks at national Assembly. the man trust his balls that is why he want to show them that they can cow him around. had it been he is one of those that they have soiled his hands, they would have threatened him with that but this guy is ready for them.

2 Likes

Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by Borntolead123: 12:48pm On Mar 14, 2017
thinkdip:

How is he destroying the country?

Please always put your brain to proper use devoid of baseless hatred. My one cent.

3 Likes

Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by pricipal2003(m): 12:49pm On Mar 14, 2017
thinkdip:
Supported he is just a nonentity
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by ddippset(m): 12:50pm On Mar 14, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Recieve sense ..Tommorow when the naira starts falling again due to such executive recklessness you will come and blame Jonathan again ...Do you know what signal his executive disobedience is sending to the international Business world? Abeg try and recieve sense today today
so if the man refuses to wear uniform before them naira will fall abi. Senate needs to focus on more direct issues. If they pursue power sector bills the way they are pursuing hameeds uniform we will have light for 30 hours a day. Ode learn to think out of the box.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by Plaintainboy: 12:50pm On Mar 14, 2017
Andrewkinggg:

To start with he's not even a career customs officer and he's arrogant with the job. That's a slap on career customs officers before him. He needs to tell Nigerians what his customs boys aren't planning to do with the gallon of oils and bags of rice they stole at nights at people's shop in ogun state. He needs to give a report on suitation of things. These goods will be sent to the IDPs in the north..

The problem is that like me he doesnt trust the senate. And he is not like the Legion of carreer customs officers who are deeply corrupt. Its like corruption is part of the indoctrination for career customs officers. This man knows how dirty, thievery and petty this guys are, he knows they are powerful but so is he too. He would not take shit from fat clowns that leave off his revenues. I would act same if in his shoes!

1 Like

Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by PrinceMario(m): 12:50pm On Mar 14, 2017
yourexcellency:
This man is being victimised because the Senate Commitee on Customs (juicy commitee) can no longer make money from Customs. All this talk about uniform is to intimidate him to resign so their man can be appointed
1mbecile! Typical "zome-B" mentality.
Even if he's been victimised, what's wrong with wearing the uniform of the agency you head.
Shey na taboo for am
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by fizzy94(m): 12:51pm On Mar 14, 2017
jossy4joseph:
The idiot CG is not only disrespecting the NASS but Nigerians in general.
And you're disrespecting ur family by calling someone probably older than ur father Idiot on social media.

2 Likes

Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by Codes151(m): 12:52pm On Mar 14, 2017
ashson:
Strong Man, Kudos!
your level of ignorance is actually strong. Lol
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by Plaintainboy: 12:52pm On Mar 14, 2017
obailala:
It doesn't matter if he's the president himself. This sort of arrogance doesnt lead him anywhere.

You sound like a man who stands for nothing. I would not be taken for a ride/granted by the lowiest amongs men in character...I will show them to their place immediately

1 Like

Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by fizzy94(m): 12:52pm On Mar 14, 2017
ddippset:
so if the man refuses to wear uniform before them naira will fall abi. Senate needs to focus on more direct issues. If they pursue power sector bills the way they are pursuing hameeds uniform we will have light for 30 hours a day. Ode learn to think out of the box.
You too much abeg

1 Like

Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by fizzy94(m): 12:53pm On Mar 14, 2017
PrinceMario:
1mbecile! Typical "zome-B" mentality.
Even if he's been victimised, what's wrong with wearing the uniform of the agency you head.
Shey na taboo for am
Oya take. Receive sense.
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by pricipal2003(m): 12:54pm On Mar 14, 2017
LordIsaac:
see you o. How do you compare defence minister to custom boss! For God's sake, the senators did not ask the minister of internal affairs to wear customs uniform. There is nothing wrong for the customs boss putting on the uniform. In short wearing the uniform is supposed to be mandatory
Re: "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate by enigma2007(m): 12:54pm On Mar 14, 2017
Marotzke:
Didnt you read that he rejected supervision from the ministry of finance? Opting to report directly to the president?
Serves the senate right.
They should have disciplined him when he refused taking orders from the minister.
Then, they thought it was Kemi they were doing.
Now,the little tiger has grown to challenge them.
Lets see how this would end.

Haa! shocked shocked I didn't know about that part oo! Wait...They confirmed him despite saying that??

Then na God catch all of them then!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Edo: Mass Defection From APC is End-of-the-Road Signpost For Ize-Iyamu – PDP / FFK Reacts To Killing Of Fasoranti's Daughter, Calls Gani Adams To Return / MURIC Reacts To Kidnap Of 5 RCCG Pastors, Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.