Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,344 members, 7,811,993 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:27 AM

Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? (24155 Views)

Is Going To Church A Guarantee Of Making Heaven? / Inside The Glory Dome, Dunamis Abuja, World’s Largest Church Auditorium / Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by Teedawg: 9:55am On Mar 19, 2017
Fairgodwin:
YES!
Sentiments aside, how can you bring a worldly dance into the church? You're directly or indirectly polluting the sanctuary - it might sound absurd but it's the truth.

In summary: you don't bring the world into the church but rather, you take the church (in)to the world!
and who told you the one you are doing is accepted by God or do you even know what God permits or not ehhn..abi all slow motion dance is now heavenly dance and hyper-active dance is wordly.
.dance as the spirit leads you either dance shakiti bobo to the glory of God or dance it to secular songs at the end only your motives matter

1 Like

Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by KKKWHITE(m): 9:56am On Mar 19, 2017
Is a sin because in the first place as a true believer you are not suppose to be listing to or watching such unGODLY music thereby mastering their dance steps .
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by Donwizbro(m): 9:56am On Mar 19, 2017
GavelSlam:
Yes o.
The angel of the Lord has marked it in your foolscap sheet.

3 Likes

Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:58am On Mar 19, 2017
Papiikush:
Sometimes I hate being a Christian.

We too dey take things serious. The Bible said David danced (not specifying the kind of dancing styles) and even went nakeď to praise God and guess what? God was pleased with that and even called him the apple of his (God's) eyes.

I bet if David was in this century of Christianity these so called over righteous born again stupidity filled Christians will condemn him.

Double standard fools!

Na their type go dey form holiness for pulpit but they fücking hoes behind the scene...Spits
Did David dance inside the temple/terbanacle when worship is ongoing or his palace?

Some of you don't even understand the Christian faith

2 Likes

Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by mizzytan(m): 9:58am On Mar 19, 2017
So if what I eat causes another believer to sin, I will never
eat meat again as long as I live--for I don't want to cause
another believer to stumble. 1cor 8:13 (NLT)..same goes for dancing. If you think your kind of dance could make a fellow christian to fall into sin then stop it.
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by Handsomecole(m): 9:59am On Mar 19, 2017
Dance is a thing of the mind. Dancing is inspired by the reason you are dancing. So far you know you are praising God. There's nothing bad, even atimes when you dance in church you even get carried away.
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by Teedawg: 9:59am On Mar 19, 2017
EazyMoh:
confused religion.
I tell you my friend its not a confused religion but confused people (nigerians to be precised) they won't get and in depth analysis by understanding the word of God they'll just come and say what they feel like in order to make themselves feel holy and justify others bad .let us learn from those that brought religion to us , see how peacefully they leave mtchww

5 Likes

Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by Fairgodwin(m): 10:00am On Mar 19, 2017
Teedawg:
and who told you the one you are doing is accepted by God or do you even know what God permits or not ehhn..abi all slow motion dance is now heavenly dance and hyper-active dance is wordly.
.dance as the spirit leads you either dance shakiti bobo to the glory of God or dance it to secular songs at the end only your motives matter

I don't even dance in the church my brother. I'm as boring as it gets.

1 Like

Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by Teedawg: 10:02am On Mar 19, 2017
Fairgodwin:

I don't even dance in the church my brother. I'm as boring as it gets.
I wasn't actually refering to you dancing I was just merely trying to say how are you sure what you feel in your heart is the right dance or whatever is actually justified by God? all we can do is render our opinions that's it

2 Likes

Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by Mystery007(m): 10:02am On Mar 19, 2017
post=54732378:
It is the intent that matters
U just said it all bro
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by shumuel(m): 10:04am On Mar 19, 2017
Fairgodwin:
YES!
Sentiments aside, how can you bring a worldly dance into the church? You're directly or indirectly polluting the sanctuary - it might sound absurd but it's the truth.

In summary: you don't bring the world into the church but rather, you take the church (in)to the world!

Even though we Christians lable it bad, but lets be honest with ourselves, where was it writen that those dance steps are wordly and which dance steps is holy, if i may ask ?

May God save we Christians, the main/real sin we embrace it and claim it's not sin but the nonrelevant we face it like it's what will help us make Heaven.

How many Christian can boldly say he/she hadn't committed one of the ''Ten Commandment'', how many ?

Which one is even the Holy dance sef, moving left to right, abi ? grin

Also, Where is it writen that God is concerned if you dance ''Shoki'' or you ''Brake Dance'' undecided ?

May God Save us all.

2 Likes

Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by mayorwah98(m): 10:05am On Mar 19, 2017
Fairgodwin:
YES!

Yeah. Ure very right
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by Nobody: 10:06am On Mar 19, 2017
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by Damilare5882(m): 10:07am On Mar 19, 2017
Fairgodwin:
YES!

please can you define worldly dance and Godly dance ..I want to know
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by MUSTEPHA45(m): 10:07am On Mar 19, 2017
Is only god that can judge everyone in this world either good or bad.
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by adecz: 10:07am On Mar 19, 2017
Does the Bible prescribe any correct way to dance??

Next dem go say, make ppl no dance tribal dance for church.

Dance na dance.

Dance & dance for the glory of your Maker. grin grin

But pls, NO TWERKING pls!!! angry

3 Likes

Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by Fairgodwin(m): 10:07am On Mar 19, 2017
Teedawg:
I wasn't actually refering to you dancing I was just merely trying to say how are you sure what you feel in your heart is the right dance or whatever is actually justified by God? all we can do is render our opinions that's it

I understand sir, but I must tell you I'm a terrible sinner and I can boldly tell you mine might not even be acceptable to God.
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by Nobody: 10:07am On Mar 19, 2017
Fairgodwin:
YES!

So which one is not wordly dance oh? Is it the normal slow boring dance ? Trust me sunny ade, Oliver de coque and osadebe have used that dance and last time I checked they don't sing gospel music so their music can be regarded as worldly. There is no dance people dance in the church that has not been used by so called worldly people in thier music. Don't deceive urself, dance na dance no matter what style, the most important thing is for what reason u dance, is it for the world or for God.

2 Likes

Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by mayorwah98(m): 10:08am On Mar 19, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
1. The church is meant to be a place of worship not a place for ragaraga

2. David and others did NOT dance in the temple but in their houses or palace.

3. You can dance crazy in your house but the place of worship must be respected.

4. Apostle Paul was clear in his words to the Church in Corinth that “ Let all things be done decently and in order".... 1 Corinthians 14:40. “

All these end time Christians sef
God bless you Sir
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by Teedawg: 10:09am On Mar 19, 2017
Fairgodwin:

I understand sir, but I must tell you I'm a terrible sinner and I can boldly tell you mine might not even be acceptable to God.
well that's between you and your God
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by Fairgodwin(m): 10:09am On Mar 19, 2017
Damilare5882:
please can you define worldly dance and Godly dance ..I want to know

I believe the OP already answered that for you in his topic. And don't you think your question should be directed to the OP and not me? wink
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by Banadekush(m): 10:11am On Mar 19, 2017
i wonder the kind of mentality we nigerians have.. we are so religious to the extent that we are consider corrupt and with bad attitudes..
smh.. personally i dance all kind of dancing steps in church. shoki, yahooze, galala.. any1 that fit the song ni.
so far am with pure heart, i wonder where it was written in the bible the type of step you dance in church..
all i know is you do things in moderacy in church.. #SIMPLE
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:11am On Mar 19, 2017
mayorwah98:
God bless you Sir
Are you too Mayowa (I guess)
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by Damilare5882(m): 10:12am On Mar 19, 2017
Fairgodwin:

Please do not support the dilution and adulteration of Christianity as a result of 'too much education and exposure.'
For the record, the Bible never said David danced the dance inside the church or temple as it were. It was actually outside his compound and his wife was watching from the upstairs. They brought the Ark and they were all celebrating and rejoicing at the sight of it 'outside' close to the palace and or temple and NOT inside the temple or synagogue.
Happy Sunday sir.
so what you are saying in essence is when I am church , and I want to praise God , there are some dancing steps I should dance and those dancing steps that you condemed are allowed outside if I want to praise God on my own aabi

2 Likes

Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by Damilare5882(m): 10:14am On Mar 19, 2017
Fairgodwin:

I believe the OP already answered that for you in his topic. And don't you think your question should be directed to the OP and not me? wink
smh ..you don't need to dodge the question ..we are all learning .. Anyways its OK ..but whenver you make a point...always be prepared for criticism .. B cool bro
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by Shafiiimran99: 10:14am On Mar 19, 2017
Any dance in church is sin, prove me wrong with Bible or xtians history because Jesus did not gather women for dance in synagogue nor did his apostles

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by greggng: 10:15am On Mar 19, 2017
On the contrary shoki provokes the devil to anger and there by giving him hypertension. That's why I always use my shoki dance to chase away stubborn enemies like you. He knows himself
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by mayorwah98(m): 10:16am On Mar 19, 2017
Teedawg:
Bro, why do we find it difficult to accept the truth The guy said the right thing. You can’t bring a worldly dance into the church, so dancing shoki in church is 100% wrong. Let all things be done decently and in order.(I corinthians 14 vs 40 )
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by mayorwah98(m): 10:17am On Mar 19, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Did David dance inside the temple/terbanacle when worship is ongoing or his palace?

Some of you don't even understand the Christian faith
Like seriously.. They are always using David as an excuse

1 Like

Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by okonja(m): 10:18am On Mar 19, 2017
Fairgodwin:
YES!

So the way you turn n shake your body is sinful abi?, ...then don't bring spoon n fork to dinning table as it is wordly as well. You must be using your hand for all dishes henceforth undecided

1 Like

Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by Icedprince1d(m): 10:18am On Mar 19, 2017
I don't see anything wrong in dancing any of the mentioned dance inside a church
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by mayorwah98(m): 10:18am On Mar 19, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Are you too Mayowa (I guess)
Yessir. Happy Sunday

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"If You Catch Your Wife Cheating & Forgive Her, Her Respect For You Will Go" / Benny Hinn On Emmanuel Tv / Burial Of Ghanaian Pastor Ato Kessie Family Of 5 Who Died In Fire Outbreak

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.