Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,378 members, 7,812,102 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:17 AM

Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? (24156 Views)

Is Going To Church A Guarantee Of Making Heaven? / Inside The Glory Dome, Dunamis Abuja, World’s Largest Church Auditorium / Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by habei: 12:23pm On Mar 19, 2017
abeg show me heavenly dance...make i dance am.
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by Aburi001: 12:27pm On Mar 19, 2017
Papiikush:
Sometimes I hate being a Christian.

We too dey take things serious. The Bible said David danced (not specifying the kind of dancing styles) and even went nakeď to praise God and guess what? God was pleased with that and even called him the apple of his (God's) eyes.

I bet if David was in this century of Christianity these so called over righteous born again stupidity filled Christians will condemn him.

Imagine calling a dance worldly. Please tell me a heavenly invented dancing steps that was shown to you in a revelation undecided

No wonder atheists calls us Dummies...

Double standard fools making Christianity a religion for mental slavery.

Na their type go dey form holiness for pulpit but they fücking hoes behind the scene...Spits
CORRECT.....!

1 Like

Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by smiletome: 12:42pm On Mar 19, 2017
Have some morals. Y not start twerking since u wan dance rubbish by force
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by ilovegoodfood: 12:46pm On Mar 19, 2017
[quote author=frenchwine post=54732427]If you like dance snake dance inside church, the Lord knows those Who are His.

my brother, too much religiosity is bad.
Dance to the glory of the lord...kpangolo, shoki, kukere all na name for body movement.
God knows you. You cannot fool the creator. if u like stand like priest wen dey sing hymns ...u are who you are.

2 Likes

Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by Preye1599(m): 12:49pm On Mar 19, 2017
Oya tell us the heavenly Dance steps or show us sef
Fairgodwin:
YES!
Sentiments aside, how can you bring a worldly dance into the church? You're directly or indirectly polluting the sanctuary - it might sound absurd but it's the truth.

In summary: you don't bring the world into the church but rather, you take the church (in)to the world!
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by TosineGuy(m): 12:55pm On Mar 19, 2017
pls warn the ladies to stop twerking in the church it makes my sometin to stand and it won't make me concentrate. Shoki and bobo is okay.
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by EazyMoh(m): 1:10pm On Mar 19, 2017
mims20:
na your religion that is a confused one...i rather become an atheist that any other so called religion ..and for ur information Christianity is a way of life and not a religion.
Calm down sweery. What is religion if not a way of life?
Fact is Jesus never worshiped with music and dancing and you Christians today never worship like he did, falling to the ground on his face.
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by mekonglobal(m): 1:12pm On Mar 19, 2017
cremedelacreme:
Dat moment when ur battery is 2%, seeing ur landlord upload pictures of him and his family on facebook, U wanting to impress him, quickly commented "kul people "but auto correct changed it to "cult people " and ur battery quickly went off.
See!!! Don't bother explaining, just look for another house. grin
cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by ibolomo(m): 1:30pm On Mar 19, 2017
mayorwah98:

Bro, why do we find it difficult to accept the truth The guy said the right thing. You can’t bring a worldly dance into the church, so dancing shoki in church is 100% wrong. Let all things be done decently and in order.(I corinthians 14 vs 40 )
the passage you quoted was talking about the use of the gifts of the Spirit and a cohesion of the different parts of the body of Christ (Vs 26-28). For you to understand the scriptures properly, it is important not to cherry-pick a verse out of context to fit your whims.
it is amazing how Christians pick one Bible passage out of context due to what their pastors say (mostly) and not go back to check the context with which they were said. I can begin to talk about the entire big picture of the book of Corinthians, and the understanding we should have when reading from the book (and every book of the Bible, to know it's purpose) but it would be our of point, so I digress.
And even for the sake of argument, let us assume that your interpretation is correct, what passes as decent and orderly?
I say that any dance that is not obscene and does not dehumanise and has integrity is decent.
Also, any dance that follows a definite pattern, arrangement, disposition or sequence is orderly. LOL.
Bottom line is, the passage you and the other person quoted is out of point and context.
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Mar 19, 2017
Fairgodwin:
YES!
Sentiments aside, how can you bring a worldly dance into the church? You're directly or indirectly polluting the sanctuary - it might sound absurd but it's the truth.

In summary: you don't bring the world into the church but rather, you take the church (in)to the world!

Could you define a clear distinct line that would show us the difference between a worldly dance and your perceived Christian dance? Enlighten us.
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by babiwonda: 1:51pm On Mar 19, 2017
d church first and foremost its not d building BT d pple in d church so if u can dance shoki and co in ur house which is a building y can't u dance as well in d church building after all God dey ur house buildin as well as he is in d church building,beside shoki,skelewu and co are jus d names of d dance they are not d dance inotherwords dance wat u lyk and stop being religioustick
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by Eddiecute86(m): 1:52pm On Mar 19, 2017
mims20:
abeg help me ask am...cos i dey wonder. maybe he's a deeper live member. claiming holy holy were as they re the most hypocrites people that i know.
I can't believe i wasted my time quoting him. I don't think he is a christian cos a christian no matter the denomination can not habour such a ridiculous notion even an atheist won't utter such.

In conclusion he is a muslim trying to engage in a blind arguement.
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by saintmark88(m): 1:58pm On Mar 19, 2017
Fairgodwin:

Please do not support the dilution and adulteration of Christianity as a result of 'too much education and exposure.'
For the record, the Bible never said David danced the dance inside the church or temple as it were. It was actually outside his compound and his wife was watching from the upstairs. They brought the Ark and they were all celebrating and rejoicing at the sight of it 'outside' close to the palace and or temple and NOT inside the temple or synagogue.
Happy Sunday sir.

Kai!!!.... All these half baked Christains sef.... David danced n front of the Ark I. E in front of the presence of God.... The temple is a building without the presence of God..... So what's ur point??

1 Like

Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by NarnieSnyper(m): 2:05pm On Mar 19, 2017
I believe we also dance our traditional dance,yes? And back then, traditional dance were used to praise their gods. So they should also ban traditional dances then.
Igbo dancers usually shake their hips if I am not mistaken. Isn't that illegal also?

1 Like

Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by rjek: 2:49pm On Mar 19, 2017
jaymejate:
Firstly, according to the Bible, there was a man that danced with all his might to the LORD.
2 Samuel 6:14 "And David danced before the LORD with all his might; and David was girded with a linen ephod."
We all know that David was known for Dancing and praising the LORD, he danced all manner dance to the Lord to extent that a woman in the Bible said bad about it
2 Samuel 6:20 "When David returned home to bless his own family, Michal, the daughter of Saul, came out to meet him. She said in disgust, "How distinguished the king of Israel looked today, shamelessly exposing himself to the servant girls like any vulgar person might do!"
The Bible says, she remained barren and was the only barren woman in the Bible.

In Church during praise and Worship, as human being trying to express our gratitude to the Lord, we want to dance like never before and with the high spirit, we start dancing shoki, bobo, etc
This act has been condemned by so many people including the pastors.

So I'm throwing this question to you, is it a Sin or immoral to dance these so called "worldly dance" in Church and for God? With Bible references if necessary please

Happy Sunday
It's wrong to dance all of those step that's bringing the world into the church before those dancing steps came people were dancing with good step it should continue that way so it's never a high spirit to dance all of those steps shoki bobo or not whatever
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by femi4: 2:50pm On Mar 19, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
1. The church is meant to be a place of worship not a place for ragaraga

2. David and others did NOT dance in the temple but in their houses or palace.

3. You can dance crazy in your house but the place of worship must be respected.

4. Apostle Paul was clear in his words to the Church in Corinth that “ Let all things be done decently and in order".... 1 Corinthians 14:40. “

All these end time Christians sef
Your no 4 is the answer to the question

No 3 is wrong, The God in the sanctuary is the God in your house. There must be corellation with how you dance in your house and sanctuary
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by Temysteve(m): 3:17pm On Mar 19, 2017
Fairgodwin:
YES!
1. I hope you know that christianity is not a religion, we're only trying to live the life christ live when he was on earth. 2. How can you prove to me that those dances are worldly?? You av no right to critisize any kind of dance step. God look @ the heart and not the flesh so i believe if what u're doing is spiritual like that of David then its not a sin. Moreover its better to dance those kind of dance in God's house than to take it to the club house. #Peace!!!
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by Cherie69: 3:19pm On Mar 19, 2017
Ok
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by Kaybaba5(m): 3:22pm On Mar 19, 2017
Papiikush:

We too dey take things serious. The Bible said David danced (not specifying the kind of dancing styles) and even went nakeď to praise God and guess what? God was pleased with that and even called him the apple of his (God's) eyes.

I bet if David was in this century of Christianity these so called over righteous born again stupidity filled Christians will condemn him.

Imagine calling a dance worldly. Please tell me a heavenly invented dancing steps that was shown to you in a revelation undecided

Na their type go dey form holiness for pulpit but they fücking hoes behind the scene...Spits
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by Temysteve(m): 3:25pm On Mar 19, 2017
EazyMoh:
confused religion.
Why not just try to worship like Jesus did himself instead of dwelling on David's dance styles.
why don't you cancel praise nd worship in the bible and churches. The bible says ''All things worketh together for they that love God''
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by Cherie69: 3:26pm On Mar 19, 2017
Reading comments
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Mar 19, 2017
About 5-6 people have asked that loser to show us heavenly dance...did he? No he's scampered from the post....
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by EazyMoh(m): 3:33pm On Mar 19, 2017
Temysteve:
why don't you cancel praise nd worship in the bible and churches. The bible says ''All things worketh together for they that love God''
I have no idea what you are talking about.
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by Origin(f): 3:48pm On Mar 19, 2017
God will say one thing. People will say another and justify it.

Places of worship are for just that.

See people justifying with David (old testament). When there are clear records that places of worship were respectfully for only that purpose.

I swear some people will still reach God front de claim right. ("why will you throw me to hell fire?" grin)
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by THOMPSONDAVIE: 3:53pm On Mar 19, 2017
Papiikush:

Thank you brother or sister!
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by Beejay1117(m): 3:55pm On Mar 19, 2017
cremedelacreme:
Dat moment when ur battery is 2%, seeing ur landlord upload pictures of him and his family on facebook, U wanting to impress him, quickly commented "kul people "but auto correct changed it to "cult people " and ur battery quickly went off.
guy

I dey chop. You Don allow pepper enter my head

1 Like

Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by Raphaelmary(m): 4:04pm On Mar 19, 2017
Fairgodwin:

Please do not support the dilution and adulteration of Christianity as a result of 'too much education and exposure.'
For the record, the Bible never said David danced the dance inside the church or temple as it were. It was actually outside his compound and his wife was watching from the upstairs. They brought the Ark and they were all celebrating and rejoicing at the sight of it 'outside' close to the palace and or temple and NOT inside the temple or synagogue.
Happy Sunday sir.
do not confuse yourself. The ark represents the presence of God which is actually what we have in churches and temples if am correct. The temple or church is just an ordinary house without the presence of God therein
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by obailala(m): 4:14pm On Mar 19, 2017
Fairgodwin:
YES!

Can you please enlighten me on what 'worldly dance' means and what 'heavenly dance' is?

I have never been to heaven, so I have no clue what the dance in heaven looks like. All over the world, different cultures have their different dance steps; if a South African man dances, it is definitely different from the dance of a Russian. Likewise if a Nigerian man dances, his dance would be expected to be something native to Nigeria.

So once again, what exactly is a worldly dance and what is a heavenly dance?... Because when I apply a bit of my local sense to this, my mind tells me that every single dance we have in the world today has earthly origins and is native to one place or the other. So how do I spot which dance is from heaven?
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by johnnyblue: 4:24pm On Mar 19, 2017

1 Share

Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by cris07(m): 4:40pm On Mar 19, 2017
froshsteve:
there is notin wrong in it
SMH... Statemnt n attitude dat has taken many pple to hell...
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by Redxy(m): 5:01pm On Mar 19, 2017
cremedelacreme:
old joke
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by ReachHard: 5:01pm On Mar 19, 2017
@OP, I'M QUITE ASHAMED AT YOU, THAT YOU DECIDED (ON YOUR OWN O) TO PUT SUCH A TOPIC OUT HERE FOR PUBLIC DISCOURSE.

MIND YOU, I'M NO RELIGIOUS BIGOT, I'M PLAYING NO RELIGIOUS CARD HERE... BUT IT'S QUITE UNFORTUNATE. AND I DO SYMPATHIZE ON YOUR BEHALF.

ANYONE WHO CAN READ THROUGH THE LINES, WILL PRETTY MUCH AGREE WITH ME ON THIS TOO. IT'S SHAMEFUL REALLY

...BUT KWANTINU, I WON'T JUDGE YOU... YOU'RE ON YOUR OWN

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"If You Catch Your Wife Cheating & Forgive Her, Her Respect For You Will Go" / Benny Hinn On Emmanuel Tv / Burial Of Ghanaian Pastor Ato Kessie Family Of 5 Who Died In Fire Outbreak

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.