Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,301 members, 7,811,895 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:34 PM

Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? (24150 Views)

Is Going To Church A Guarantee Of Making Heaven? / Inside The Glory Dome, Dunamis Abuja, World’s Largest Church Auditorium / Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by hakimi1974(m): 11:01am On Mar 19, 2017
if it is all this yahoo and pussy licking pastors church no be sin. just remember to drop your tithes and various offerings, you free to even dance galala and dap in front of papa.
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by Eddiecute86(m): 11:03am On Mar 19, 2017
Shafiiimran99:
Any dance in church is sin, prove me wrong with Bible or xtians history because Jesus did not gather women for dance in synagogue nor did his apostles

I don't understand, who is talking about gathering of women to dance.... Besides where do they gather women to dance in church? or which church gather women to dance.
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by Damilare5882(m): 11:04am On Mar 19, 2017
When you are saying bobo or shoki shouldn't be danced in church ..have you ever thought of hip hop ,jazz , reggae,apala christian music's ... All this form of music are worldly too... Somebody should criticize that ..... The basic thing is, its all about the mindset ... I rest my case

1 Like

Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by Nobody: 11:16am On Mar 19, 2017
Its a dance and I really don't know what's worldly about it

1 Like

Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by Teedawg: 11:17am On Mar 19, 2017
mayorwah98:

Bro, why do we find it difficult to accept the truth The guy said the right thing. You can’t bring a worldly dance into the church, so dancing shoki in church is 100% wrong. Let all things be done decently and in order.(I corinthians 14 vs 40 )
the food you eat is worldly,the clothes you wear,the shoes you wear,your hairstyle, human itself is worldly stop using bible verses you don't fully understand to justify ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by jofatek9200(m): 11:18am On Mar 19, 2017
My view

Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by Nobody: 11:18am On Mar 19, 2017
The dance step you give in church weda kukere o, azonto o, or whatever it doesn't really matter. What matters is your attidude, how your heart and your spirit connects with the God. Anything is convertible. You can convert a wordly dance step into a heavenly dance step, "what matters is your attitude, the state of your heart while presenting it to God"....OK this is a typical example to buttress my point...Don't they play macosa beats in church? offcourse yes. But what matters is the song rendered in addition to d beats. Religious fanatics, pharisee and sadducess will always criticise....They dance holy dance openly, but inwardly they strip to dance. Hisses
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by JeremyA2G(m): 11:25am On Mar 19, 2017
Fairgodwin:
YES!
Sentiments aside, how can you bring a worldly dance into the church? You're directly or indirectly polluting the sanctuary - it might sound absurd but it's the truth.

In summary: you don't bring the world into the church but rather, you take the church (in)to the world!
Bros, The Lord is the owner of the earth and the fullness thereof, meaning everything belongs to God, whichever dance so far its not passing a bad message is good to use to glorify God and to give him all the glory, if the world can use it to serve satan, then we can also use it to serve God.

1 Like

Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by Nobody: 11:26am On Mar 19, 2017
Thou shall not dance.
John 3 vs 16
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by UncutSk(m): 11:33am On Mar 19, 2017
bentwain:
even mortal combat sound I herd people dancing to in apostle church is right ba?
bruh chill cheesy grin grin grin grin

Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by trinity11(m): 11:34am On Mar 19, 2017
Papiikush:
Sometimes I hate being a Christian.

We too dey take things serious. The Bible said David danced (not specifying the kind of dancing styles) and even went nakeď to praise God and guess what? God was pleased with that and even called him the apple of his (God's) eyes.

I bet if David was in this century of Christianity these so called over righteous born again stupidity filled Christians will condemn him.

Imagine calling a dance worldly. Please tell me a heavenly invented dancing steps that was shown to you in a revelation undecided

No wonder atheists calls us Dummies...

Double standard fools making Christianity a religion for mental slavery.

Na their type go dey form holiness for pulpit but they fücking hoes behind the scene...Spits

And the "HATE" is gradually eating u up unknowingly.

There are some people in NL,what they usually do is to come online just be current,

I don't knw how you see this forum but to me we are like family here, sometime we play, catch fun, argue, disagree, agree, suggest etc.

NB: In regard to this thread you made a very valid, educative point, as a matter of honesty I learnt something new and good from your comment.

what I don't get is why you ended it with insults.

calm down bro lets roll together.
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by DjSwaga(m): 11:34am On Mar 19, 2017
I don care what you all think.

I dance anybow i want.

Infact, im only satisfied when iv danced all d styles i knw while in church.

God bless my dance offering

grin

1 Like

Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by door2(m): 11:35am On Mar 19, 2017
[color=#990000][/color] lol I do dat today in church...

Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by Jakama90(m): 11:36am On Mar 19, 2017
You refuse to dance and they will say you are feeling too big to dance for God... You forget all and dance with your might, and they say you are dancing a worldly dance..
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by adecz: 11:43am On Mar 19, 2017
greenhulk:

Na so. The church is not a graveyard or mourning place. U can't just be clapping ur hands only simply because u don't want to dance a 'worldly dance' David danced all kinds of dance but of course the so called born again of today would like to twist that. The church will be so boring if all people do is just clap their hands.

But pls, NO TWERKING!!
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by iRepLagos: 11:44am On Mar 19, 2017
Papiikush:

We too dey take things serious. The Bible said David danced (not specifying the kind of dancing styles) and even went nakeď to praise God and guess what? God was pleased with that and even called him the apple of his (God's) eyes.

I bet if David was in this century of Christianity these so called over righteous born again stupidity filled Christians will condemn him.

Imagine calling a dance worldly. Please tell me a heavenly invented dancing steps that was shown to you in a revelation undecided

Na their type go dey form holiness for pulpit but they fücking hoes behind the scene...Spits
Easy bro, i dey feel you...
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by victorydgirl(f): 11:47am On Mar 19, 2017
smartty68:
Hmmm! Some kind dance wey Christian dey dance inside church this days no clear me again and some of them go the dance like them dey do incantation for shrine
are you ok?
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by Jodha(f): 11:55am On Mar 19, 2017
Omoh nah as e enter me.. I dey dance Woh.. grin... As the spirit.. Leads..

I know I'm praising my God... Not man..
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by smartty68(m): 11:58am On Mar 19, 2017
victorydgirl:
are you ok?
You should be asking yourself that questionundecided
I'm pretty sure that girls like you twerk in church grin
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by KennyID17(m): 12:07pm On Mar 19, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

David danced Outside the temple. Dancing in the temple or causing a show is considered to be desecration of the House of God under the OT Mosaic practice. The Bible was very explicit as to where David danced.

In the Christian faith, there is NO record or reference where the Christian Church or the Apostles conduct themselves into a show during worship in the Bible. In fact, we were commanded to conduct worship decently and in order.

I don't know your doctrine but I know that Christian doctrine is not about what is convenient for you or your MOG, it is about precepts and commandments by God.

Then tell ur churches to stop giving us seductive beats and rhythms, if beat no dey hyper ppl no go dance d so called worldly dance. Let churches focus only on slow worship songs, since that is d way the Christian doctrine wants it. angry
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by jossyphobia(m): 12:07pm On Mar 19, 2017
jaymejate:
Firstly, according to the Bible, there was a man that danced with all his might to the LORD.
2 Samuel 6:14 "And David danced before the LORD with all his might; and David was girded with a linen ephod."
We all know that David was known for Dancing and praising the LORD, he danced all manner dance to the Lord to extent that a woman in the Bible said bad about it
2 Samuel 6:20 "When David returned home to bless his own family, Michal, the daughter of Saul, came out to meet him. She said in disgust, "How distinguished the king of Israel looked today, shamelessly exposing himself to the servant girls like any vulgar person might do!"
The Bible says, she remained barren and was the only barren woman in the Bible.

In Church during praise and Worship, as human being trying to express our gratitude to the Lord, we want to dance like never before and with the high spirit, we start dancing shoki, bobo, etc
This act has been condemned by so many people including the pastors.

So I'm throwing this question to you, is it a Sin or immoral to dance these so called "worldly dance" in Church and for God? With Bible references if necessary please

Happy Sunday

This is rhetorical. you said it yourself, "worldly dance". The Church is not of the world's. those kind of dance is not edifying. so it us immoral.
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by dakuizi(m): 12:09pm On Mar 19, 2017
There must be a distinctive between the Church and the World,The world have their way of dancing likewise Church.
bobo ko brobisky ni.
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by Kemi07(f): 12:09pm On Mar 19, 2017
Papiikush:

you said it all...Tempted 2 say I Love you sef with this response
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by mims20(f): 12:10pm On Mar 19, 2017
EazyMoh:
confused religion.
Why not just try to worship like Jesus did himself instead of dwelling on David's dance styles.
na your religion that is a confused one...i rather become an atheist that any other so called religion ..and for ur information Christianity is a way of life and not a religion.
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by KennyID17(m): 12:12pm On Mar 19, 2017
Damilare5882:
When you are saying bobo or shoki shouldn't be danced in church ..have you ever thought of hip hop ,jazz , reggae,apala christian music's ... All this form of music are worldly too... Somebody should criticize that ..... The basic thing is, its all about the mindset ... I rest my case

Tell them ooo, I personally listen to Christian Rock, any song that is slow no b my own. Some churches would do youth programme and they be rapping there oo shocked.

1 Like

Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by KennyID17(m): 12:14pm On Mar 19, 2017
jossyphobia:

This is rhetorical. you said it yourself, "worldly dance". The Church is not of the world's. those kind of dance is not edifying. so it us immoral.

If the church isn't of the world, let it kuku go to heaven then and leave this world alone.
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by mims20(f): 12:15pm On Mar 19, 2017
Eddiecute86:

I don't understand, who is talking about gathering of women to dance.... Besides where do they gather women to dance in church? or which church gather women to dance.
abeg help me ask am...cos i dey wonder. maybe he's a deeper live member. claiming holy holy were as they re the most hypocrites people that i know.
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by KennyID17(m): 12:16pm On Mar 19, 2017
Jakama90:
You refuse to dance and they will say you are feeling too big to dance for God... You forget all and dance with your might, and they say you are dancing a worldly dance..

Leave them, confused ppl angry
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:17pm On Mar 19, 2017
KennyID17:

Then tell ur churches to stop giving us seductive beats and rhythms, if beat no dey hyper ppl no go dance d so called worldly dance. Let churches focus only on slow worship songs, since that is d way the Christian doctrine wants it. angry
I don't care about doctrines of denomination bro, I only care about the Christian doctrine
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by KennyID17(m): 12:21pm On Mar 19, 2017
Teedawg:
the food you eat is worldly,the clothes you wear,the shoes you wear,your hairstyle, human itself is worldly stop using bible verses you don't fully understand to justify ignorance.

Can u imagine, d phone he uses is of this world, the house he lives in is worldly, if he has a car, d car is worldly, if he spends money, it's also worldly. Leave d worldly things and let's see how ur life is
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by KennyID17(m): 12:22pm On Mar 19, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

I don't care about doctrines of denomination bro, I only care about the Christian doctrine

So what is this Christian doctrine u speak of?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"If You Catch Your Wife Cheating & Forgive Her, Her Respect For You Will Go" / Benny Hinn On Emmanuel Tv / Burial Of Ghanaian Pastor Ato Kessie Family Of 5 Who Died In Fire Outbreak

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.