Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,981 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:27 AM

Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? (24152 Views)

Is Going To Church A Guarantee Of Making Heaven? / Inside The Glory Dome, Dunamis Abuja, World’s Largest Church Auditorium / Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by Nobody: 10:19am On Mar 19, 2017
Fairgodwin:
YES!
Sentiments aside, how can you bring a worldly dance into the church? You're directly or indirectly polluting the sanctuary - it might sound absurd but it's the truth.

In summary: you don't bring the world into the church but rather, you take the church (in)to the world!

please show me heavenly dance and give me a proof that it was invented in heaven.......So dance is now evil....any kind of dance we do was invented by the world....dont tell me u haven't danced before.....there is nothing like heavenly dance.

Besides the only dance that is not good in church is the sexually provocative dance...eg. Twerking and lap dance.

Shoki and bobo is not evil in any way......even David's dance in the bible was invented by the world.

1 Like

Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by umarshehu58(m): 10:21am On Mar 19, 2017
But dancing no be dancing? weda bobo or shoki. Must you dance in the church? dunno cox
i am a muslim though
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:22am On Mar 19, 2017
mayorwah98:

Like seriously.. They are always using David as an excuse
Thats why the Christian religion is a joke... But the Christian faith rocks
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by Nobody: 10:22am On Mar 19, 2017
adecz:
Does the Bible prescribe any correct way to dance??

Next dem go say, make ppl no dance tribal dance for church.

Dance na dance.

Dance & dance for the glory of your Maker. grin grin

But pls, NO TWERKING!!! angry

Na so. The church is not a graveyard or mourning place. U can't just be clapping ur hands only simply because u don't want to dance a 'worldly dance' David danced all kinds of dance but of course the so called born again of today would like to twist that. The church will be so boring if all people do is just clap their hands.

1 Like

Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by Franzinni: 10:23am On Mar 19, 2017
If you dance it in parties, clubs, bars,, at your house then please do dance like that in church too.... If God hates worldly dance, and you are comfortable dancing it out of church better dance it in church too because.... You can't deceive God
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by Nobody: 10:26am On Mar 19, 2017
liepzig:

please show me heavenly dance and give me a proof that it was invented in heaven.......So dance is now evil....any kind of dance we do was invented by the world....dont tell me u haven't danced before.....there is nothing like heavenly dance.

Besides the only dance that is not good in church is the sexually provocative dance...eg. Twerking and lap dance.

Shoki and bobo is not evil in any way......even David's dance in the bible was invented by the world.

I love this ur comment. Let the guy tell us which dance is heavenly dance. All dances we're invented. The kind of dance he is probably calling heavenly dance have been used by sir victor uwaifor, bongos ikwe, Sunny Ade, osadebe, etc and these were not gospel singers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by ademoladeji(m): 10:26am On Mar 19, 2017
Fairgodwin:
YES!
Sentiments aside, how can you bring a worldly dance into the church? You're directly or indirectly polluting the sanctuary - it might sound absurd but it's the truth.

In summary: you don't bring the world into the church but rather, you take the church (in)to the world!

Then it is a sinto even dance in Churches.

Define Spiritual Dance?
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by sonsomegrigbo: 10:29am On Mar 19, 2017
tanx op. it's nice to dance in church . I have release more than twice in the church today, thanks to those dangling bra less sound boobs of girls surrounding me. #RCCGISTHEBEST
#RCCGROCKS
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by Claessique1(f): 10:31am On Mar 19, 2017
No na.
Why can't I reserve those dance steps I would in the club for church.. ...
Ji' Ij`o je`su Da`ad`aa.
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by Fairgodwin(m): 10:31am On Mar 19, 2017
Damilare5882:
smh ..you don't need to dodge the question ..we are all learning .. Anyways its OK ..but whenver you make a point...always be prepared for criticism .. B cool bro

You're funny. You think the criticisms bother me? You asked me a question and I gave you answers based on what the OP already said. The answers are already there in the topic: 'shoki' and 'bobo' just in case you want me to stress it again. God bless you brother.
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by DavidEsq(m): 10:32am On Mar 19, 2017
I think the best comment here is dat of KunleSteel

1 Like

Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by Nobody: 10:32am On Mar 19, 2017
mayorwah98:

Yessir. Happy Sunday

please what is heavenly dance and worldly dance.?

Dont use david as an excuse cuz he danced outside the temple......did he dance outside the temple because dance is forbiden inside the temple?

If dance is forbidden in the church(ur church)...where is it written in the Bible?
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by Claessique1(f): 10:32am On Mar 19, 2017
Tim Godfrey explains it all.
If you ask me, No.
Ji' Ij`o je`su Da`ad`aa.
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by shinebabe(f): 10:35am On Mar 19, 2017
It depends on the intent of the dance. Are you dancing cos you're really happy and praising God for bringing such happiness to you or you're dancing to try a particular dance step, or to accentuate a part of your body, or to attract attention to the dance style or your body.

If the intent is not actually Godly then its wrong. And the person doing the dance usually knows his intent.
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by pressplay411(m): 10:37am On Mar 19, 2017
Fairgodwin:
YES!

Well, every step you dance be it the Two-Step or Shaking what your mama gave ya, was once a worldly dance.
OP as long as it's not a provocative dance step that could make the priest want to reconsider, I see no reason why it is not allowed.
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by economania(m): 10:38am On Mar 19, 2017
All those dances are agony of pains experienced by hell dwellers practising it here, so that the real side of it in hereafter they will understand that are more than what they think of. Evil communications corrupt manners.
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by gbeseun(m): 10:39am On Mar 19, 2017
And David danced.
Let's call David and ask him which type of dace he did that make the Lord refer to him as an apple of his eyes,am sure the dance must be powerful and something different, so let's do something different for God and he will chose us as his.
BTW dance is not the criteria to heave ooo
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by DavidEsq(m): 10:39am On Mar 19, 2017
Claessique1:
No na.
Ji' Ij`o je`su Da`ad`aa.
So u are going to club abi? And u are still going to church ni

Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by miketayo(m): 10:42am On Mar 19, 2017
Papiikush:
Sometimes I hate being a Christian.

We too dey take things serious. The Bible said David danced (not specifying the kind of dancing styles) and even went nakeď to praise God and guess what? God was pleased with that and even called him the apple of his (God's) eyes.

I bet if David was in this century of Christianity these so called over righteous born again stupidity filled Christians will condemn him.

Imagine calling a dance worldly. Please tell me a heavenly invented dancing steps that was shown to you in a revelation undecided

No wonder atheists calls us Dummies...

Double standard fools making Christianity a religion for mental slavery.

Na their type go dey form holiness for pulpit but they fücking hoes behind the scene...Spits

I agree with wat u said provided the girls r not twerking nd guys r not rocking them. grin
Also David isn't a Christian
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by Nobody: 10:42am On Mar 19, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Did David dance inside the temple/terbanacle when worship is ongoing or his palace?

Some of you don't even understand the Christian faith

please did David dance outside the temple because dancing is not allowed in the temple?.....if that is the case.
Show me a bible verse where God said "Dont dance in my temple"

from what i understand...david danced and God liked it....in other words dancing is not evil...even in the church.....the only dance that is evil in church is sexually provocative dance eg. Twerking and lap dance..#simple
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by tonio2wo: 10:43am On Mar 19, 2017
Fairgodwin:
YES!

How is heavenly dance danced?
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by pstnicodemus(m): 10:50am On Mar 19, 2017
Fairgodwin:
YES!

I stand to be corrected sir, but the devil didn't create anything neither does he give talents.
I wish i sabi any kind dance as long as it's not immoral, i will dance it in church. after all, na my papa house
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by alldbest: 10:50am On Mar 19, 2017
Fairgodwin:
YES!

Which one be heavenly dance abeg??
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by Hydrolysis(m): 10:50am On Mar 19, 2017
it's wrong. no room for debate. spiritual things can only be understood by spiritual people
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by pstnicodemus(m): 10:50am On Mar 19, 2017
tonio2wo:

How is heavenly dance danced?
good question
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by pstnicodemus(m): 10:51am On Mar 19, 2017
jaymejate:
Firstly, according to the Bible, there was a man that danced with all his might to the LORD.
2 Samuel 6:14 "And David danced before the LORD with all his might; and David was girded with a linen ephod."
We all know that David was known for Dancing and praising the LORD, he danced all manner dance to the Lord to extent that a woman in the Bible said bad about it
2 Samuel 6:20 "When David returned home to bless his own family, Michal, the daughter of Saul, came out to meet him. She said in disgust, "How distinguished the king of Israel looked today, shamelessly exposing himself to the servant girls like any vulgar person might do!"
The Bible says, she remained barren and was the only barren woman in the Bible.

In Church during praise and Worship, as human being trying to express our gratitude to the Lord, we want to dance like never before and with the high spirit, we start dancing shoki, bobo, etc
This act has been condemned by so many people including the pastors.

So I'm throwing this question to you, is it a Sin or immoral to dance these so called "worldly dance" in Church and for God? With Bible references if necessary please

Happy Sunday
in the presence of God, there is fullness of joy, and joy isn't what you can control.
I will dance anyhow. na my papa house
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:52am On Mar 19, 2017
liepzig:

please did David dance outside the temple because dancing is not allowed in the temple?.....if that is the case.
Show me a bible verse where God said "Dont dance in my temple"

from what i understand...david danced and God liked it....in other words dancing is not evil...even in the church.....the only dance that is evil in church is sexually provocative dance eg. Twerking and lap dance..#simple
David danced Outside the temple. Dancing in the temple or causing a show is considered to be desecration of the House of God under the OT Mosaic practice. The Bible was very explicit as to where David danced.

In the Christian faith, there is NO record or reference where the Christian Church or the Apostles conduct themselves into a show during worship in the Bible. In fact, we were commanded to conduct worship decently and in order.

I don't know your doctrine but I know that Christian doctrine is not about what is convenient for you or your MOG, it is about precepts and commandments by God.

3 Likes

Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by Jeezuzpick(m): 10:57am On Mar 19, 2017
Papiikush:
Sometimes I hate being a Christian.

We too dey take things serious. The Bible said David danced (not specifying the kind of dancing styles) and even went nakeď to praise God and guess what? God was pleased with that and even called him the apple of his (God's) eyes.

I bet if David was in this century of Christianity these so called over righteous born again stupidity filled Christians will condemn him.

Imagine calling a dance worldly. Please tell me a heavenly invented dancing steps that was shown to you in a revelation undecided

No wonder atheists calls us Dummies...

Double standard fools making Christianity a religion for mental slavery.

Na their type go dey form holiness for pulpit but they fücking hoes behind the scene...Spits

1. Na where you been learn de dance? By inspiration? Abi no be party wey you dey do you see am learn?

2. Dance don finish for Church? Why you wan dance all dose dance wey dem name de name for OP? No be "notice me" be dat? Who you dey impress? God? Abi na dat guy/babe wey you find go de Church?

These things just don't mix. "Friendship with the world is enmity with God" Choose one and forsake the other. Don't mix it. Adalu Christianity no be am o.

Devil no mind am sha. Carry go if na wetin you want.

1 Like

Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by Nobody: 10:58am On Mar 19, 2017
Please which one is heavenly dance step?
Re: Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? by Damilare5882(m): 10:59am On Mar 19, 2017
Fairgodwin:

You're funny. You think the criticisms bother me? You asked me a question and I gave you answers based on what the OP already said. The answers are already there in the topic: 'shoki' and 'bobo' just in case you want me to stress it again. God bless you brother.
its doesnt bother me either .. But youaint still making the point .. You are only still referring to what the OP mentioned ..all I want to know is for you to describe the GODLY dance !!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"If You Catch Your Wife Cheating & Forgive Her, Her Respect For You Will Go" / Benny Hinn On Emmanuel Tv / Burial Of Ghanaian Pastor Ato Kessie Family Of 5 Who Died In Fire Outbreak

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.