Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,049 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... (73104 Views)

Time To Divorce My Wife? / My Monthly Income And Expenditure Please I Need Advice / Man Fakes His Career For 14 Years To Wife, Goes To Another Woman's House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Sylva2147: 2:55pm On Mar 24, 2017
skypeme:

She isn't cheating on me and my marriage will not break IJN
Amen! But then you don't need to underestimate the advice he offered. people talk to you out of experience though sometimes it hurts but we also put it into consideration.

1 Like

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Dyt(f): 2:55pm On Mar 24, 2017
decub:

Love your contribution, I'm not against my wife adding some dough to a bill; a good wife tho but I'm against some kinda rude reply when I ask. In any case, sometimes I will just smile and say; well, most of us are victims of this.

If I were in the guys shoes, I wouldn't even have asked her if I didn't question the high bill as soon as he told me. I would see it (and I think she must have seen it) as spying on her and not trusting her.

There's always better ways to investigate

Leave the stingy man
Even calculating in percentage

I use owo abu to take care of abu
grin grin grin
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Dayoade92(m): 2:55pm On Mar 24, 2017
kimbra:
Why are some of the guys on this thread making a mountain out of a molehill?.

Most men whose wives are stay at home mothers get monthly stipends which is for their upkeep. Some women inflate prices of things to their husbands as a means to add more money to their wallets, for some men they find out and don't care cos they understand the rationale behind it. As for her rude attitude it's bad and is what should bother you most. Not her inflation of hospital bills. Would you let N11,200 cost you your marriage?.
@ the boldened. This is marriage, can't we just have total transparency? You need more money? Tell me. Why should you lie about price of stuffs? Look, it's bad. Let's be honest. I'll feel bad as a man no matter the billions I have. Transparency is the best.

1 Like

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by otitokoroleti: 2:56pm On Mar 24, 2017
Dyt:

Mumu
I blamed d retardd dat marry i neva chop gal lyk u

2 Likes

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Dyt(f): 2:56pm On Mar 24, 2017
ventq:
bullshit

Just like you
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Nobody: 2:56pm On Mar 24, 2017
Op you have over spoiled your wife. Instead of getting her a job you are here paying December bonus. The lord is your strength o

1 Like

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Dyt(f): 2:56pm On Mar 24, 2017
otitokoroleti:
I could only blame d retard dat marry i neva chop gal lyk u

Don't send me PM
angry angry angry
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Alphamale2017(m): 2:57pm On Mar 24, 2017
op since u feed her and also pay her fees. what is she doing with the money u are giving her?? I am not against giving her money but it should not be in form of a salary. that makes her appear more like a nanny than a wife.

u can start Paying her salary after u both must have packed to your own house. not at this stage. your baby is still growing
in less than 1 year, ur baby will start school. that means two school fees to pay.

at this rate, it may take long for you to build a house.

in case u don't know, u are giving her 12 bags of cements per month. as mandatory payment. if u continue like that, ur growth will be slow.

but if u have built your own house. maybe u can think of increasing it.

my 2 cent
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by DICKtator: 2:57pm On Mar 24, 2017
Ayinke93:
are you an accountant ni, with all this calculations... Na wa o

This one is a chartered accountant CPA,ACA,ACCA

grin grin grin grin
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by AKNDBC(m): 2:57pm On Mar 24, 2017
Bros, don't give her any monthly salary after giving her money for home stuffs . As a man should save for raining day. Many families are in disarray today because they didnt prepare for it when there was money. When u dont have money that is when u now know the true love from such a woman. Be wise.

2 Likes

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by k199192: 2:57pm On Mar 24, 2017
skypeme:

30,100 / 175,000 x 100% = 17.2%
I add 2.5% increment to my wifes salary every Dec
are you trying to be funny abi are you really funny and this whole story is a joke.. 2.5%...reallly niggar... 30,100... Why not 30k... Maybe it's the 100naira you added that is annoying her, who knows?
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Praktikals(m): 2:57pm On Mar 24, 2017
Atk1nson:

I'll rather have a situation where my wife and I jointly make plans, spend, render account and take responsibility. I don't support this stipend arrangement, she probably resents it.
Are you married yet?
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by otitokoroleti: 2:58pm On Mar 24, 2017
Dyt:

Don't send me PM angry angry angry
pm, 4 what? u must be a huge joke!

1 Like

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by paschu: 2:58pm On Mar 24, 2017
If you do that twice in my house I will simply send you parking.

Why get married when you cannot uphold the sacredness of matrimony?

TRUST is everything in marriage dear. Stop wasting yours, rather rack it up.

Dyt:
I add money too
And I think one out of 3 women do that or most have done it

The only thing I condemn is her being rude to you
But then how did you approach her

There's always a man involved when a woman goes crazy

2 Likes

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Bimpe29: 2:59pm On Mar 24, 2017
Take it easy bro, it happens virtually in every relationships. And, mind you, two wrongs will never make a right. For the sake of God and the love that exists in your home, sit her down and educate her on the importance of being contented and grateful.
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by mecussey(m): 3:00pm On Mar 24, 2017
Pieromania:
Bro sori to tel u this,bt u are on a long thing.I see that marriage breaking anytime soon......why on earth wil a man pay his wife salary,what is the rationale behind such absurdity is what i can't fathom out?A STUDENT for that matter,u pay all bills,pay her fees and yet pay her salary.Very soon she wil start cheating on u,if not already started it.
Sori bro,ur case is different

Yea..woman not matured for marriage...poster you will be broke as soon as u leave work. She is lost, bring her back and advise her on what marriage is all about. As she dey she is not concerned if you broke or not, save ur side now. Save your money and tell her how much you guys need to manage everymonth. If u get broke today, she might be forced to leave you.
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Dyt(f): 3:00pm On Mar 24, 2017
paschu:
If you do that twice in my house I will simply send you parking.

Why get married when you cannot uphold the sacredness of matrimony?

TRUST is everything in marriage dear. Stop wasting yours, rather rack it up.

I wish I understood you

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by eodavids(m): 3:00pm On Mar 24, 2017
Sit you wife down and explain to her that you love her so much and that is why you have shown your self a considerate husband all along.

Keeping quiet is not advisable in this circumstance and what you say to her to must not be out of anger, but politely mixed with smiles.

I know exactly what you are going through because your Dear wife is taking things for granted.

Educate her that values are more appreciated when they are lost, and she should immagine the situation when you finally change and make her face the music she is asking for.

In a nutshell, you should talk to her more, for a long time, before she faces the music. So that when it starts (if unfortunately she refuse to reason well), then you will only refer her to your days of warnings.

NB: please show her more love with God's word advices, I still believe she will make amends.
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by golddust6000(m): 3:00pm On Mar 24, 2017
NoToPile:

You are making it sound like its an employee employer stuff, December bonus abi issorait cheesy
hmm, see talk o. You mean men should marry and pay their wives monthly salary? So marriege is now Employment? The dude was angry because her wife is disrespecting him, how can he pay her salary on what ground? If marriege were to favoring the women i rather remain single orgo for sorrogation, women wahala to much, even adam sef tire for them. One thing i can diggest on what op narrate was the woman have high taste, she want to be among the big girls in school. I dont care how ugly a woman can be, if she respect me i can buy her the world

1 Like

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Dyt(f): 3:00pm On Mar 24, 2017
otitokoroleti:
pm, 4 what? u must be a huge joke!

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by ideykwum: 3:01pm On Mar 24, 2017
Dyt:

Cos I add little money
I will migrate to cheating?

Your sense of reasoning is like that of curry and thyme

Call it what you want "add a little money" or "steal a little meat" or "tell a little lie" or "just a harmless kiss" etc. It all points to a faulty moral compass. That you don't understand that is a tragedy of the Nigerian society. That's why someone can say "Stealing is not corruption"!!

Just so you know, a good balance of curry and theme can give untrammeled taste to the stew of life. The critical question really is: How do people like you truly reason?

4 Likes

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by golddust6000(m): 3:01pm On Mar 24, 2017
NoToPile:
So sorry OP

So she gets around 30k as pocket money every month, and you pay all the bills buy everything needed and pay fees and school stuffs.That should be okay for her manage for personal effects I think, people earn 30k as salary nau.

That aside I see a lot of"I" "I" "I" in your statements its not all about you bro, You also mentioned the primary duties which you say is baby sitting, cooking your dinner during the week and both dinner and lunch during weekends, its quite a lot of work not as easy as it looks.

Not giving her her pocket money as a form of punishment translates to you not taking up your responsibility as a husband , you are meant to provide for her and take care of her and that should not change because of a misunderstanding especially since she has no source of income yet, where do u expect her to get money from if you seize her allawee.

Its better you communicate (not confront) to her let her know you were not happy with the extra she added on it, ask if she needed some extra stuffs at that time, ask why she did it was the 30k not enough for her that month?
Its not easy being in a position of being totally drpendednt and not having any money of your own, you need to see from her own view point too. She may have had extra need (you didn't mention she has inflated stuffs for you before ) and didn't want ti tell you about it since you already think she's not satisfied with the 17.2%

I don't know if its just me but I found the repetition of 17.2% in your narration quite amusing. OP no vex oo lool. How did you come to the conclusion that its 17.2% she's entitled too loool.
NoToPile:

You are making it sound like its an employee employer stuff, December bonus abi issorait cheesy
hmm, see talk o. You mean men should marry and pay their wives monthly salary? So marriege is now Employment? The dude was angry because his wife is disrespecting him, how can he pay her salary on what ground? If marriege were to favoring the women i rather remain single orgo for sorrogation, women wahala to much, even adam sef tire for them. One thing i can diggest on what op narrate was the woman have high taste, she want to be among the big girls in school. I dont care how ugly a woman can be, if she respect me i can buy her the world
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Ibime(m): 3:01pm On Mar 24, 2017
skypeme:

30,100 / 175,000 x 100% = 17.2%
I add 2.5% increment to my wifes salary every Dec

You add 2.5% yet official CBN inflation rate is 17.8%.

Maybe that's why she dey vex cheesy cheesy
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Dyt(f): 3:01pm On Mar 24, 2017
ideykwum:

Call it what you want "add a little money" or "steal a little meat" or "tell a little lie" or "just a harmless kiss" etc. It all points to a faulty moral compass. That you don't understand that is a tragedy of the Nigerian society. That's why someone can say "Stealing is not corruption"!!

Just so you know, a good balance of curry and theme can give untrammeled taste to the stew of life. The critical question really is: How do people like you truly reason?

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by otitokoroleti: 3:03pm On Mar 24, 2017
Dyt:
I c. u nid a fucck, plz wait till ur hubby iz back! thank u

1 Like

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Icon79(m): 3:03pm On Mar 24, 2017
abescom:
Me pay my wife salary. I dey craze. I just put all the money on the table and she has full access to where the money is paid anyway. If she needs she takes but make it as official as you did, forget it.

Thank you very much, my brother. I thought I was the only one grin

Thanks for helping me understand that I am not crazy sha.

O pari
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Nobody: 3:03pm On Mar 24, 2017
....I won't date such talk less of wife such!

1 Like

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Habymbollah(f): 3:04pm On Mar 24, 2017
agabaI23:
Sit her down and find out why she is doing that.
Pls sit her down and ask her y she did that, it is possible she needs some money n does not know how to ask from you. Or maybe she now has a teacher outside your matrimonial home..
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by samsard(m): 3:04pm On Mar 24, 2017
LeView1:

Just the idea of being given an allowance makes me feel so uneasy. Could be the fact that I'm of a certain age now and that I've enjoyed financial independence for so long but I just can't imagine being given pocketmoney. She is an equal in this relationship, and she should have a say on how the money is spent.
Money he works for by himself? common, ladies and entitlement mentality. SMH

1 Like

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by micxwell(m): 3:06pm On Mar 24, 2017
skypeme:

She isn't cheating on me and my marriage will not break IJN
I like your faith sir. cheesy, Not giving her, her regular 17.2% will only cause more trouble. You are doing all the above for her yet she inflated payments for you and still talk to you in a rude manner when you confronted her! Sieze her SALARY (17.2%) and you will see miracle grin
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Nobody: 3:07pm On Mar 24, 2017
this is wat they call GOBE
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by HumanistMike(m): 3:07pm On Mar 24, 2017
NoToPile:

Its not really about how much she's entitled too, it sounds so mathematical and more like a business transaction that's my view anyway . I do think 30k is okay just that the way he brought out the percentage aspect sounded quite funny.

Okay I see you point. Maybe he chose % due to his profession.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply)

Man Buys Honda SUV For Wife Who Gave Birth (pics) / Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law / Why do Fathers Love their Daughters More & Mothers their Sons?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.