Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,870 members, 7,813,963 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:52 PM

17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... (73096 Views)

Time To Divorce My Wife? / My Monthly Income And Expenditure Please I Need Advice / Man Fakes His Career For 14 Years To Wife, Goes To Another Woman's House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by iamjavadem(m): 2:31pm On Mar 24, 2017
All women are like that, you will get used to it. Pity our parents didnt tell us about women till its too late.

2 Likes

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by basty: 2:31pm On Mar 24, 2017
The lady is not your wife

1 Like

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Longcucumber(m): 2:31pm On Mar 24, 2017
lilmax:
divorce is the only way right now, trust me
today is friday and i dont insult people on friday but i must insult you today,you are stewpeed.
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Bishop1monte(m): 2:31pm On Mar 24, 2017
Oga no worry since you can afford it let it go. She only passed it . She can't ask you for everything like pants and some other things she needs..
Pls no vex
Students do it
I collected 20k for house rent January I didn't rent one . Is stayed with friends and I told my dad I need another house rent cos the government is going to demolish the house he gave me money for cos of right of way
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by ventq: 2:31pm On Mar 24, 2017
one crate of origin for you
salusworth:
This is very easy. Teach her to be financially responsible. Yes she's a student and you fund her every needs doesn't mean she shouldn't being something to the table. From the way i see this, she's not comfortable with the percentage of your salary you're giving her despite the numerous costs your bear.

Here's the solution. Save some cash for her to start a side business learn a skill or trade. We have students who make dresses, cakes and catering as side hustle and income from that is used to support their stipends. Your wife shouldn't be an exception. Let her learn this skill and start a side business. Do your best to ensure she's stabilised and when the business begins to pick, shove some responsibilities at her e.g, NEPA bills, fuel, small repairs around the house, all other school needs minus school fees, and other basic home needs.

Look on the bright side, the only reason she stole from you is cos she doesn't wanna go get that money from some means you won't be pleased with.

You're​ allowed to be mad at her but teach her some financial responsibility. And pls don't discontinue her allowance. Let her have a side hustle.

Thank me later.
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by otitokoroleti: 2:32pm On Mar 24, 2017
skypeme:

My marriage will not crash IJN, I repeat that you bro
look here Mr, its better for you to sit her down & talk to her. reduce her monthly stipend to 5k(just to recharge her phone). Your 172kpm is money but cannot take you beyond your present level with the kind of life you live presently(not a curse). A responsible supposed to be supportive & not destructive. if youve been truthful to her & she still act in such a way, I can assure you that she will dump your ass someday & opt for better offer. Take it or leave it!
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Marty2020: 2:32pm On Mar 24, 2017
Just keeping giving her monthly allowance, and apologize to her for peace to reign, then at a good day when you guys are having fun or gisting happily jokingly bring up the issue and she will surely give you a good response. cool
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by aopp: 2:33pm On Mar 24, 2017
You don't need to punish her because if u do, she will also be looking for something to punish you back. The situation will be getting worst and hatred will start generating. And u remember, marriage is for ever. All you need to do is for you to explain how you felt abt such act in a way that she will understand you. Not by using the power of what u have to punish her.

1 Like

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Happyola(m): 2:33pm On Mar 24, 2017
skypeme:
Dear reasonable people on Nairaland, please I need your advise

My wife whom I love so much and also loves me too is entitled to 17.2% of my monthly income, my salary is 175kpm and she take 17.2% of this amount, yet she feels very uncomfortable with it

I pay the bills, buy food stuff every month and take care of our little baby girl

My baby girl does not take any local food, she takes only fresogold, tea and pap, the cost of fresogold is very high and she can consume 4tins in a month

My wife isn't not working yet she is still schooling and I pay all her fees,

I've never complaint of my duty as the head of the family yet she still feels unsatisfied with the 17.2% I give to her

Her primary duty in the house is to take care of our baby and prepare my dinner every week days and both break fast and dinner during the weekend

Recently I told her to take our baby to the hospital for treatment, our total bill was 11,500 naira but my wife suprisinly told me that the hospital bill is 22,700 naira which I immediately wired to her account

So I called the hospital to make inquiries about the exorbitant bill then I got to know that my wife inflated the hospital bill to 22,700 naira

I confronted her and she spoke to me very rudly I was not happy about this, I kept quite and didn't say anything about it again

I am thinking I should penalize her for her rude behaviour and the dishonesty she has melted on me

Will it be advisable not to pay her her monthly salary for two months ?

Will this correct her brain to default and what would possibly be the implication of doing this ?

She has not apologised and she has not seen anything wrong so far in what she has done

Never stop paying her salary to allow peace. That is why u are a man n God made u head of d family. Any action u take may lead to something else.

1 Like

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Constilo4u(f): 2:33pm On Mar 24, 2017
Pray to God for a divine intervention
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Rilwan20(m): 2:33pm On Mar 24, 2017
Even Pastors take 'tithe'
Sigh
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by mattsejuro(m): 2:34pm On Mar 24, 2017
kimbra:
Why are some of the guys on this thread making a mountain out of a molehill?.

Most men whose wives are stay at home mothers get monthly stipends which is for their upkeep. Some women inflate prices of things to their husbands as a means to add more money to their wallets, for some men they find out and don't care cos they understand the rationale behind it. As for her rude attitude it's bad and is what should bother you most. Not her inflation of hospital bills. Would you let N11,200 cost you your marriage?.

you are right when u made mention of her being rude as bad.
But on d inflated amount...am nt in support f it.
She should av just asked him for more money if she needed some..instead of lying.
She is his wife... she should learn to b trustworthy. if she continues like dis, her husband would find it hard to trust Anytin she says....shikina.
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by ideykwum: 2:34pm On Mar 24, 2017
Dyt:
I add money too
And I think one out of 3 women do that or most have done it

The only thing I condemn is her being rude to you
But then how did you approach her

There's always a man involved when a woman goes crazy

That you do it doesn't make it right! Don't encourage dishonesty and fraud. "A little leavening leaveneth the whole lump"...From this you can migrate to other forms of dishonesty and cheating!!

3 Likes

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Incrizz(f): 2:34pm On Mar 24, 2017
skypeme:

My wife whom I love so much and also loves me too is entitled to 17.2% of my monthly income, my salary is 175kpm and she take 17.2% of this amount, yet she feels very uncomfortable with it

I pay the bills, buy food stuff every month and take care of our little baby girl

My baby girl does not take any local food, she takes only fresogold, tea and pap, the cost of fresogold is very high and she can consume 4tins in a month

I've never complaint of my duty as the head of the family yet she still feels unsatisfied with the 17.2% I give to her

Her primary duty in the house is to take care of our baby and prepare my dinner every week days and both break fast and dinner during the weekend

Recently I told her to take our baby to the hospital for treatment, our total bill was 11,500 naira but my wife suprisinly told me that the hospital bill is 22,700 naira which I immediately wired to her account

So I called the hospital to make inquiries about the exorbitant bill then I got to know that my wife inflated the hospital bill to 22,700 naira

I confronted her and she spoke to me very rudly I was not happy about this, I kept quite and didn't say anything about it again

I am thinking I should penalize her for her rude behaviour and the dishonesty she has melted on me

Will this correct her brain to default and what would possibly be the implication of doing this ?

She has not apologised and she has not seen anything wrong so far in what she has done

What's the purpose of this fake thread of yours?
Are you a child?

You pay your wife yet you sound like someone who doesn't angry
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by seunmsg(m): 2:34pm On Mar 24, 2017
OP, welcome to marital life. This is just a very little of what you will still encounter. If you like be given her 100% of your salary, she will still be rude, disrespectful and unappreciative. That's how they all her. Just find a way to always make yourself happy else, you will become hypertensive.

3 Likes

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Iyowuski: 2:34pm On Mar 24, 2017
Dyt:
I add money too

For medical bill too?
Haba!
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by abrahujaa(m): 2:34pm On Mar 24, 2017
I advice you sit her down and find out why she did that .
But subsequently you need to set up a business for her so she can better understand the value of Money.
In the interim,you will suspend her monthly 17.2% at least for a month as punishment .She has to understand that marriage should not involve Cheating .it's a partnership thing . On the other hand you need to check yourself as the man of the house ,perhaps you are forcing her indirectly to follow a particular course
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Patented: 2:34pm On Mar 24, 2017
@skypeme, I suspect that there are other issues on the burner for you regarding your marriage. if there are then you guys should consider counseling. i dont advise stopping her monthly stipend maybe u cld reduce it for 2 months but dont stop entirely it could be counterproductive. furthermore you know your woman and am sure you know where to get her. she messed up by inflating the cost and am sure that from now on trusting her will be an issue for you. Counseling wld be key. Its a marriage and it can be hard work, it will take both of you to make this work. but she needs to get how you are feeling, if she is totally recalcitrant then.........i no know oooooo
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by YourWife(f): 2:34pm On Mar 24, 2017
skypeme:

In case of next time... U shld not confront her at d first time u see such obnoxious characters. Just watch her for more traits, then confront her with facts.
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Emmbanny(m): 2:35pm On Mar 24, 2017
Honestly, I Don't Think That Woman Truly Love You, Maybe She Is Just After Your Money. Though I May Be Wrong
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Sylva2147: 2:36pm On Mar 24, 2017
Dyt:
I add money too

that's exactly the point I want to make, definitely she is seeing someone else.

1 Like

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Icon79(m): 2:36pm On Mar 24, 2017
skypeme:

30,100 / 175,000 x 100% = 17.2%
I add 2.5% increment to my wifes salary every Dec

gosh, there's nothing persin no go hear for nairaland sha! I've never heard of a man paying his wife salary, including even a bonus sef. Na wa o.

Op, do you mean that you pay her an actual salary or you just give her a specified amount of money per month for food and other incidental expenses? I don't get it
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by CzarChris(m): 2:36pm On Mar 24, 2017
skypeme:

Ermm, OP, 1st of all I am not married, but I have had more than my fair share of relationships and I can't say I fully understand women, but I understand them to a point.

Oga boss, the very 1st mistake you made was letting your wife know how much you earn. That's tantamount to suicide, a woman would never quit demanding money from you until she is really sure that the money is dried up. It's a woman's weird way of saving money, controlling her husband's movement and preventing him from philandering.

From my calculation 17.2% of 175 is 30,100naira bros, she is a woman who comes from a home and probably has responsibility from her own parents house and you know how much they spend at the salon not to take of clothing and makeups(I know what I am talking about).

As for adding money we all did it while growing up, don't be too hard on her, I don't support her being rude, but it's something you guys can sort out as couple.

Go and open a business for her, empower her. All these stories would automatically stop, she is just acting out sit her down and find what actually her problems are.

Finally, marrying a student no bi small work. She hasn't really hustled, searched for employment to know that making money is not easy. You really do have a lot of work to do on her and tolerate her.

1 Like

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Klington: 2:36pm On Mar 24, 2017
Like seriously,I don't blame your wife cos there's no rational in paying bills, buying baby foods and other things, pay your wife's school fees and still pay her salary, haaabaa. More reason why she might not necessarily believe that you actually earn 175kpm...yes, agreed, she needs to be cared for, but you most know where to draw the line b4 she gets used it. You can decide to double the amount you give to her and make it clear to her that it's for food for the house, baby food and her up keep and nothing more will come 4rm you till next month . I'm sure she will learn how to manage, be contented and appreciative with this approach.
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by abescom: 2:37pm On Mar 24, 2017
Me pay my wife salary. I dey craze. I just put all the money on the table and she has full access to where the money is paid anyway. If she needs she takes but make it as official as you did, forget it.
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by aribisala0(m): 2:37pm On Mar 24, 2017
ijeoma28:
i hope am commenting at the right place. I want to comment on the topic of a man who is upset about the inflation of hospital bill by his wife. Please sir for the sake of your marriage I beg you here will not be an appropriate place for you to get the best advice for such behaviour. I understand the fact that her behaviour is bad bet me many women do this but she shouldn't be rude especially now that she doesn't have a job. most People here are not married and does not know what marriage entails. I beg don't allow this bring the devil into your marriage. I rest my case be positive about this issue. I hope you read this.

Actually not all women do this. It is a matter of social bakground and morality. Why do people go around claiming to be Christians or Muslims when those things mean nothing to them. Lying to your spouse is a foundation but a foundation for what dare I ask ? Is it the foundation on which a great marriage is built. The question is if she can do that what can't she do. The current generation of young people ,male and female lack morality and are the most religiose. A bunch of shameless hypocrites.
We all know women keep the change from house keeeping money. That is very different fro a deliberate lie about hosipital bill?

Now what is the consequence of such a lie.For me I can never trust such a person. That is not the right position for spouse.
A spouse is actually closer than a brother or sister even a mother after some time. If you cannot trust your wife what is the point.
It is good she has shown her true colours early

4 Likes

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by activity9(m): 2:37pm On Mar 24, 2017
This is what you get when you pay a woman just for her to be your wife. That woman is still married to you because of the 17.2% of ur salary she gets from u. I wonder what will happen if u reduce it to 10% not to talk of stopping.i have not said anything.

2 Likes

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Incrizz(f): 2:37pm On Mar 24, 2017
Bishop1monte:
Oga no worry since you can afford it let it go. She only passed it . She can't ask you for everything like pants and some other things she needs..
Pls no vex
Students do it
I collected 20k for house rent January I didn't rent one . Is stayed with friends and I told my dad I need another house rent cos the government is going to demolish the house he gave me money for cos of right of way

Ahahaha demolish?
Man you're something o grin

Hope you're saving or planning to buy a car in final year?
A lot of dudes in my class all released cars in their final year.
But car arnt no investment o. grin

1 Like

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Riddler32: 2:38pm On Mar 24, 2017
skypeme:

She isn't cheating on me and my marriage will not break IJN

You dont have to answer that lowlife. I doubt if he/she is in a relationship talk less married. Bad belly people
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by crispus09(m): 2:40pm On Mar 24, 2017
the very first mistake u made is paying her salary even after u re taking 98% of d resposibilities,she has been inflating price for u no n today but since u ve been married to ur wife u never notice dat at all? dat makes u bias in balancing ur work with ur home,my broda wat i know is dat behind every principalities there must personalities, and as much as this might be very hard for u to accept i will still say dis she ll soom start to dey cheat on u if not already but dont confront her with infidelity o,,if she show no remours deal wit her in ur own way
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by dragonking3: 2:41pm On Mar 24, 2017
skypeme:
I think I made a mistake getting married to someone who is still schooling, I should have married a working class lady
Now you have realized the real error which is marrying someone who is still schooling. If she was working, she would know what it takes to earn salary at the end of the month. However, don't punish her by not giving her the monthly stipends. Rather sit her down and let her know that you guys have to plan based on the current situation in the country. You need to save bro for the rainy day and you can't do that when your own wife is milking you dry. Also learn to relax and overlook some of her behavior but if it is getting out of hand, report her to someone she respects immediately
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Nobody: 2:41pm On Mar 24, 2017
skypeme:

Yes it will correct her medulla oblongata wells.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Man Buys Honda SUV For Wife Who Gave Birth (pics) / Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law / Why do Fathers Love their Daughters More & Mothers their Sons?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.