Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,922 members, 7,814,102 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:49 AM

17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... (73112 Views)

Time To Divorce My Wife? / My Monthly Income And Expenditure Please I Need Advice / Man Fakes His Career For 14 Years To Wife, Goes To Another Woman's House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Nobody: 2:21pm On Mar 24, 2017
Joavid:
This is what happens when you marry longer throat.

Someone who's never satisfied and wants to live above their means - (and in this case lack of)

that is your cross, carry it.

kikikikikikikiki grin if you stop paying her the 17.2% for two months, be prepared to starve o. cos when you drop money for food, you won't see food. the cash in your wallet will grow wings, your ATM card sef fit miss. grin

so carry your cross!

Thank you Jari, you love someone, Na him u dey come nl complain. Ogbeni, carry your cross.
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Cutehector(m): 2:21pm On Mar 24, 2017
Claessique1:

Ehnehn, see how you sharply dished out your comment.
u in support of d wife?
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by sweatlana: 2:21pm On Mar 24, 2017
skypeme:

30,100 / 175,000 x 100% = 17.2%
I add 2.5% increment to my wifes salary every Dec
U earn 175k and give your wife 30k just for her personal upkeep. You are still responsible for feeding and other things.... you're a good man op.

Your wife needs to do something. Even if it's selling cold drinks and water!
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by manfred10(m): 2:22pm On Mar 24, 2017
Stop giving her money just like that. Money is spent on specific purposes. If you don't follow the right procedure in spending money you'll get haunted one way or another. Spend money on a need to spend basic your wife's brain will reset immediately

1 Like

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by karpentar: 2:22pm On Mar 24, 2017
emilyone:

Divorce kwa? On top wetin naa shocked

The major cause of divorce is marriage. Flee from it.

1 Like

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by aribisala0(m): 2:22pm On Mar 24, 2017
LeView1:

Just the idea of being given an allowance makes me feel so uneasy. Could be the fact that I'm of a certain age now and that I've enjoyed financial independence for so long but I just can't imagine being given pocketmoney. She is an equal in this relationship, and she should have a say on how the money is spent.
Your remark is illogical

You say YOU have enjoyed financial independence which is good but that is totally at variance to your conclusion.

You talk about a say in "THE MONEY" what exactly is the money HIS SALARY.
Financial independence means gettingn her salary but she is not working( My bad) She is a student and ( He is paying) . I really do not know what you mean by EQUAL in relationship and what that has to do with his salary. Where does this notion of equality come from. There really is no such thing so stop creating fantasies.
Feminist arguing for equality but happy for men to pay their bills

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Austin4lif: 2:23pm On Mar 24, 2017
skypeme:

She isn't cheating on me and my marriage will not break IJN
u are already exposing it to break by coming to the social media to discuss your family issues. U have done wrong my brother, why social media? Dnt you have pastor, priest or someone she respects. I urge you to discard all the armature and inexperienced advice u have gain so far. Pls this is the last time you will behave this way.
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Ehinmola(m): 2:23pm On Mar 24, 2017
Since she has already started exibiting rudeness, just watch it as she might one day take a punitive steps that will hurt u terribly and before u name it, court here I come for divorce. Even when u don't want divorce, she may be looking for it perhaps there is Mr man out there juicing her and she is happy with it
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by agabaI23(m): 2:23pm On Mar 24, 2017
spartan117:

I medal 4 u wink
tankio
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by wilky9ice: 2:23pm On Mar 24, 2017
NoToPile:
So sorry OP

So she gets around 30k as pocket money every month, and you pay all the bills buy everything needed and pay fees and school stuffs.That should be okay for her manage for personal effects I think, people earn 30k as salary nau.

That aside I see a lot of"I" "I" "I" in your statements its not all about you bro, You also mentioned the primary duties which you say is baby sitting, cooking your dinner during the week and both dinner and lunch during weekends, its quite a lot of work not as easy as it looks.

Not giving her her pocket money as a form of punishment translates to you not taking up your responsibility as a husband , you are meant to provide for her and take care of her and that should not change because of a misunderstanding especially since she has no source of income yet, where do u expect her to get money from if you seize her allawee.

Its better you communicate (not confront) to her let her know you were not happy with the extra she added on it, ask if she needed some extra stuffs at that time, ask why she did it was the 30k not enough for her that month?
Its not easy being in a position of being totally drpendednt and not having any money of your own, you need to see from her own view point too. She may have had extra need (you didn't mention she has inflated stuffs for you before ) and didn't want ti tell you about it since you already think she's not satisfied with the 17.2%

I don't know if its just me but I found the repetition of 17.2% in your narration quite amusing. OP no vex oo lool. How did you come to the conclusion that its 17.2% she's entitled too loool.
D wife is to b helpmate to her husbandman, women will never learn any good thing causing problem in t
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by ElSherriff: 2:24pm On Mar 24, 2017
Oya did you also correct for inflation just kidding. But my brother,[i] ab initio [/i]I think you got it wrong and painted a picture of being the source of her livelihood in marriage. I understand the 'helper' part of a wife, I currently pay my babe monthly, cos she is a student and am not quite good at the details of hair do, upkeep, recharge cards etc. But from day 1, I made her understand, the 'salary' will stop the moment we marry. This is because she must find innovative ways of contributing her quota to the upkeep of the house.

What she has done is inexcusable, she profited from your child's sickness at the expense of her husband and so you mustnt let it slide.

Now, wake her up early in the morning, pray with her and let your prayers focus on bonding and marital cooperation. Then have a meeting with her. Firmly let her understand that what she has done is wrong in its entirety. Tell her you will let it slide because you believe she did it out of want, but that it must never repeat itself again. Ask her if she will consider putting you on a salary when she starts earning too and gauge her opinion.

And going forward start co-contributing to a second income source. I mean she earns from you, so she must begin to make sacrifices too to ensure you both start a small side business, a fish pond, poultry or anything around agric wont cost a fortune, she must be compelled to contribute from her 17.2% percent windfall so she can understand the constraint of a working and generous man.

Henceforth do away with the yearly increment. Any extra cash needed must come from outside hustle and not your very small salary, cos soonest her 17.2% will outgrow your salary.

I grew up knowing that the most important element in a marriage/family is not the children or the wife or husband, it is the source or the sources of income because when that source seizes, the family suffers. She must begin to see you or your income source as the most important element till she assumes such importance too.

I pray you find marital bliss eventually man.

skypeme:

1 Like

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by ijeoma28(f): 2:24pm On Mar 24, 2017
i hope am commenting at the right place. I want to comment on the topic of a man who is upset about the inflation of hospital bill by his wife. Please sir for the sake of your marriage I beg you here will not be an appropriate place for you to get the best advice for such behaviour. I understand the fact that her behaviour is bad bet me many women do this but she shouldn't be rude especially now that she doesn't have a job. most People here are not married and does not know what marriage entails. I beg don't allow this bring the devil into your marriage. I rest my case be positive about this issue. I hope you read this.

1 Like

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by iamtardey: 2:25pm On Mar 24, 2017
kobo per minute undecided
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by ignatiuschinedu(m): 2:25pm On Mar 24, 2017
Bro,prayers is d only way out in Yu family now.tk Yu wife to God n see d divine change in her attitude.pls,do NT treat her bad cuz Yu guys has become one.love is d only tin to use for battles.
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by tellwisdom: 2:25pm On Mar 24, 2017
Oboy, u no get wife o..
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by uracocksucker: 2:25pm On Mar 24, 2017
skypeme:
Dear reasonable people on Nairaland, please I need your advise

My wife whom I love so much and also loves me too is entitled to 17.2% of my monthly income, my salary is 175kpm and she take 17.2% of this amount, yet she feels very uncomfortable with it

I pay the bills, buy food stuff every month and take care of our little baby girl

My baby girl does not take any local food, she takes only fresogold, tea and pap, the cost of fresogold is very high and she can consume 4tins in a month

My wife isn't not working yet she is still schooling and I pay all her fees,

I've never complaint of my duty as the head of the family yet she still feels unsatisfied with the 17.2% I give to her

Her primary duty in the house is to take care of our baby and prepare my dinner every week days and both break fast and dinner during the weekend (breakfast is one word)

Recently I told her to take our baby to the hospital for treatment, our total bill was 11,500 naira but my wife suprisinly told me that the hospital bill is 22,700 naira which I immediately wired to her account

So I called the hospital to make inquiries about the exorbitant bill then I got to know that my wife inflated the hospital bill to 22,700 naira

I confronted her and she spoke to me very rudly I was not happy about this, I kept quite and didn't say anything about it again

I am thinking I should penalize her for her rude behaviour and the dishonesty she has melted on me

Will it be advisable not to pay her her monthly salary for two months ?

Will this correct her brain to default and what would possibly be the implication of doing this ?

She has not apologised and she has not seen anything wrong so far in what she has done

17.2% is 30,100 i somehow doubt you pay her exactly that much which suggests that you might be lying.

I have taken the liberty (since i am mightily bored) of highlighting your numerous mistakes.

Once the corrections have been made, kindly repost your complaint and i will proffer multiple solutions
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by ken55: 2:25pm On Mar 24, 2017
HARDDON:
Ehmmmm op, how did u arrive @ that 17.2%?

Any mathematical formular applied? cheesy

He means he pays her 30k every month. Guess he just wanted to use percentages instead of the actual amount.
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by goslowgoslow(m): 2:25pm On Mar 24, 2017
skypeme:

My wife whom I love so much and also loves me too is entitled to 17.2% of my monthly income, my salary is 175kpm and she take 17.2% of this amount, yet she feels very uncomfortable with it

I pay the bills, buy food stuff every month and take care of our little baby girl

My baby girl does not take any local food, she takes only fresogold, tea and pap, the cost of fresogold is very high and she can consume 4tins in a month

I've never complaint of my duty as the head of the family yet she still feels unsatisfied with the 17.2% I give to her

Her primary duty in the house is to take care of our baby and prepare my dinner every week days and both break fast and dinner during the weekend

Recently I told her to take our baby to the hospital for treatment, our total bill was 11,500 naira but my wife suprisinly told me that the hospital bill is 22,700 naira which I immediately wired to her account

So I called the hospital to make inquiries about the exorbitant bill then I got to know that my wife inflated the hospital bill to 22,700 naira

I confronted her and she spoke to me very rudly I was not happy about this, I kept quite and didn't say anything about it again

I am thinking I should penalize her for her rude behaviour and the dishonesty she has melted on me

Will this correct her brain to default and what would possibly be the implication of doing this ?

She has not apologised and she has not seen anything wrong so far in what she has done
As for me you don't have a wife. Hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

1 Like

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by clems88(m): 2:25pm On Mar 24, 2017
lilmax:
a liar and being disrespectful
bro when u get married do what yu typed . smh. angry
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Skmoda360(m): 2:26pm On Mar 24, 2017
Zoharariel:
Cut her monthly salary from 17.2% to 5% for the rest of the year. And that is because of your baby, otherwise I would have suggested you cut it to 0% and chase her out with a broomstick around 2AM in the middle of the night.

Women of nowadays are brain-dead ingrates.
the last sentence tho.
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Emekus92(m): 2:26pm On Mar 24, 2017
Ur wife eye no dey ground. If u take that action she will go worst. Sit ha down n talk sense into ha. U hav made a mistake already of paying ha salary of ur wife so if u stop it she wil or might say u hv started seeing another girl. So sit ha down and talk some sense into ha and don't talk abt d monthly 30k u do giv ha. Most importantly let ur family members and hers know of ha behavior
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Whoeppme(m): 2:26pm On Mar 24, 2017
Stop paying her salary its normal she does all the chores u just mentioned. That's her duty better put. Let's not say work.

Let her list things she needs say at intervals then u also go ahead to solve them .

Na you take ur hand dey spoil your wife my brother.

Plus I sense she is not yet a born again Christian else why stealing from you by inflating prices of hospital bills.
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by ikp120(m): 2:26pm On Mar 24, 2017
Your wife is cheating on you!
If you dig, the way you dug this one out, you will bust her.

1 Like

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by loomer: 2:26pm On Mar 24, 2017
This no be issue, almost all women dey add money. Women are never satisfied.

2 Likes

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by drsugar: 2:27pm On Mar 24, 2017
You can't do anything about this situation. According to the famous 'love-vendor' called Iceberg Slim, "the way you start with a women is the way you end with her"

If you become broke today of suffer serious financial setback, there's a high probability of her leaving you.

I know u won't believe this until it happens.

Solution: Punish her verbally(not physically) and some serious threats (but don't carry them out) then say you have forgiven her and she shouldn't repeat it again or else...... then pamper her after.
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by aribisala0(m): 2:28pm On Mar 24, 2017
SmartyPants:

How do you women justify some things?
Women are prostitutes at heart every single one of them
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by positivelord: 2:28pm On Mar 24, 2017
skypeme:

Now answer this all important question. in that her 17.002% have she been spending part of the money on the family. I mean in any way, no matter how small. I dont want the answer to be NO . If its NO, then you have an employee instead of wife. As you know employees demand increment from time to time and they indulge in one or two sharp practices (like inflating hospital bills)[/color]
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Nobody: 2:29pm On Mar 24, 2017
Dyt:
I add money too
And I think one out of 3 women do that or most have done it

The only thing I condemn is her being rude to you
But then how did you approach her

There's always a man involved when a woman goes crazy

If u also do this, then u also a thief. A Thief is a thief no matter where or who you stole from.
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by ennytcathy(f): 2:30pm On Mar 24, 2017
Hmmm some ladies heenn alori ma ni fila ni won sha,to me sit her down talk to her n cut her from keeping friends,some of them is copy copy dat is killing them including their marriage,they want to buy what my friend in school,church or nebo ma sef buy. longer throat anyway I wish all the best mind u take it easy wit her jooor
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by Nobody: 2:30pm On Mar 24, 2017
1.) Why did you marry a liability?
2.) Why did you encourage her to still be a liability?

1 Like

Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by sben2308(m): 2:30pm On Mar 24, 2017
skypeme:

Her primary duty in the house is to take care of our baby and prepare my dinner every week days and both break fast and dinner during the weekend

I totally understand wat u r going tru but can I asked u some questions
?
Has she ever done this before?
Did she meet or had a new frnd of recent?

If your answers is YES den I guess u know whr d issue is......
Re: 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... by dragonking3: 2:30pm On Mar 24, 2017
poshestmina:
I add money too but why was she rude? Some women sef .hian!
When you add money is it 100%? The woman is wicked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Why do Fathers Love their Daughters More & Mothers their Sons? / Why We Cheat On Our Husbands - Nigerian Women Open Up / He Is Your Son, But I Am Not Going For Any DNA Test. Wife Tells Husband(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.