Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG (42754 Views)

2019: If I Were You I Won’t Contest At 70 – Customs CG Hammed Ali Tells Buhari / "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate / I Was Not Employed To Wear Uniforms – Customs CG Ali Replies Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by Nobody: 5:36am On Mar 22, 2017
kYjelly2:

Ah, one of the dunces is still online. Lemme engage him angry

Mr Justin, is it only cars that are imported

So why are they only focusing on cars

What about the air conditioner in your room, have you paid custom duty for it, just incase Panasonic or whoever you bought it from didn't pay

Answer my question if indeed you are a man born of a woman undecided

I was actually about to answer you since your IQ is microscopic.

Hammed Ali was specific about CARS....but you were too stupid to hear that.

Done with you. It's obvious there's something wrong with your upbringing.

Your father was of course born out of a homosexual liaison in response to your last sentence grin grin grin

How to deal with a m0r0n with nothing to offer but insults:

1. Be very brief and devastating in your counterattack with more aggression

2. Summarize his stupidity in a single statement to answer his epistle.

3. Be silent. Cut off communication. It’s the fastest way to destroy his low self esteem even further (kYjelly2 - jelly brain) wink.

1 Share

Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by kYjelly2: 5:46am On Mar 22, 2017
JustinSlayer69:

I was actually to answer you since your IQ is microscopic.

Hammed Ali was specific about CARS....but you were too stupid to hear that.

Done with you. It's obvious there's something wrong with your upbringing.

Your father was of course born out of a homosexual liaison in response to your last sentence grin grin grin

I tried to wade through the insults in your reply to find a point and believe me, it was difficult. Almost like going through sewage, just to find a pig, mtcheew undecided

So I hope everyone can see his "brilliant" point

That Ali was specific about cars

Sooo, all other imported items don't matter to Ali right? It's just cars.

I hope you all can see the daftness that exists in this country, tufiakwa undecided

2 Likes

Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by Nobody: 5:49am On Mar 22, 2017
kYjelly2:

I tried to wade through the insults in your reply to find a point and believe me, it was difficult. Almost like going through sewage, just to find a pig, mtcheew undecided

So I hope everyone can see his "brilliant" point

That Ali was specific about cars

Sooo, all other imported items don't matter to Ali right? It's just cars.

I hope you all can see the daftness that exists in this country, tufiakwa undecided

wink wink wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by kYjelly2: 5:57am On Mar 22, 2017
JustinSlayer69:

wink wink wink

you want to know stupidity

Look in the mirror, but please don't attack what you see undecided

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by Nobody: 6:12am On Mar 22, 2017
[s]
kYjelly2:

you want to know stupidity

Look in the mirror, but please don't attack what you see undecided

[/s]
grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by Hafeezson(m): 6:43am On Mar 22, 2017
Chai! this man storborn jor
Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by mario383: 7:00am On Mar 22, 2017
Lumig:
Imagine issues that need urgent attention(that really affect the common man), are being left unattended to. Our esteemed senators are busy masturbating on "someone does put on uniform". The main reason reason he was called upon has been thrown into the dustbin. Someone please help beg them to get serious for once, they are not there for showmanship
The most incompetent person here is weak Buhari who sits at home like soaked garri doing nothing. If not that he is the daft and dumbest man, who should have talked to them and settled it immediately. His government is failing. Many deaths, many companies are closing dowm, increased hopelessness yet Buhari is creating more of unavailable time for courts by allowing his appointtee to waste more time and abandon governance

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by dumodust(m): 7:06am On Mar 22, 2017
JustinSlayer69:

Learn the meaning of the word "RETROSPECTIVE"

In 1970, was there a law saying you shouldn't pay duty on your car? Was the decree enacted in 2017?

If you cheated what's due the government in 1970, and they decide to take what you stole, they can't be blamed.

Even Jesus said, give unto Caesar's...(am not a Xtian & i agree).

I know what the word retrospective means remember? and I know what I am saying. You analogy is flawed because I am talking of the end users here who have never been aware of any cheating or wrong doing. They bought a car, maybe from a known dealer, maybe from a friend who has driven it for years, just like one will shoe or shirt, things that have also been crossing borders and attracting customs fees since 1970 and were issue purchase receipts.
Just like the driver's license, up till the new one that needs biometrics, no one knew which was genuine or not, but they didn't go back punishing everybody that got a supposedly genuine driver's license from the right sources, they just made a rule, drew a line, and continued from there.
The ones stealing from caesar are the corrupt in your beloved customs that collude with fraudulent clearing agents and smugglers.... deal with them first and leave ordinary folks alone or else we will extend beyond your tainted fixation on cars and ask for customs clearance proof for even your slippers since you guys say ignorance is not an excuse.

2 Likes

Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by maasoap(m): 7:08am On Mar 22, 2017
DocHMD:
I laugh at clueless nigerians who are supporting Tyrant Hammed Ali.

You bought a family car (e.g Siena) from a dealer who underpaid customs 6 years ago, Ali then ask customs officers to leave the borders ( their primary duty posts) and go out ILLEGALLY on the streets for stop and search, while you are returning from church with your family after being harrased by Police, Road safety, Vio, Latsma, Custom officers asks you to pull over, ask for your custom papers and declare that the dealer whom you bought the car from 6 YEARS AGO didn't pay enough duty.

They order you and your family members out of your car and drive to the custom office while you and your family trek home. Who is doing who?

You really think Custom officers will have the nerve to stop Saraki or Dino's convoy when they are on the move for payment of duty? It is you poverty-infested zombies who throw owambe when you buy your first Golf 2 and 3 that will be their target.
And when that happens, make sure you lament in silence and don't come here crying.
Well, the senate and the house of rep can stop the implementation without a sweat. So, it's not about the implementation of the custom duty, it is about the war of egos between the senate and Ali concerning the wearing or non wearing of the uniform and other their secret interests which are being affected by the strict custom policy.
Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by VanBommel(m): 7:09am On Mar 22, 2017
deking:

This is the understanding of someone who is myopic or lacks depth of thinking about this policy. There are no quick wins to fixing a country. In the scenario you have painted one would expect that the public discuss would be how to make the policy more effective without bringing unnecessary hardship on the citizens.

The owner of the Sienna could also have taken advantage of the window created by the Customs to ratify his documents. Will you say someone who bought a stolen car should be allowed to keep enjoying the vehicle because he did not take the pain to do what is right.

Please governance is not for kids. We should learn to engage our minds and take a wider and far more reaching look at issues. The policy is the BVN of car importation in Nigeria and like the BVN it will assist in no small measure to curb corruption especially of custom officers.

Is the policy perfect? No.
Is it a good direction to go? Yes .
Can it be improved upon? Yes.
Who will assist in identifying the possible loop-holes ? We citizens.
Why the citizens? They are familiar with all the channels that government officials use to circumvent the system and cheat on citizens daily.

This is the way countries build systems.

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by mario383: 7:12am On Mar 22, 2017
muhakeem:
bros, nobody is talking about the policy now, the senators are concerned about uniform and that has no positive impact on Nigerians... not that they are supporting him for the policy but for the uniform saga, the policy has even been suspended
No way. Even if Buhari and his Fulani members does not respect culture, tradition, even though they disobey layed down rules, court orders etc. some must be made to pay for it. Ali must be forced to do what is right. He will never win the court case. If Buhari bribes the justices and allow Ali to win, be very sure that even the military, police, airforce, etc will be allowed to go anywhere withoit uniform because the Nigerian constitution do not compel any of the armed forced to wear uniform. Who we should blame here is this weakest dullest Buhari who just sits at home and abandon what is very necessary to handle. If his body system is too weak and he cannot face governance, let him resign.

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by Nobody: 7:29am On Mar 22, 2017
dumodust:

I know what the word retrospective means remember? and I know what I am saying. You analogy is flawed because I am talking of the end users here who have never been aware of any cheating or wrong doing. They bought a car, maybe from a known dealer, maybe from a friend who has driven it for years, just like one will shoe or shirt, things that have also been crossing borders and attracting customs fees since 1970 and were issue purchase receipts.
Just like the driver's license, up till the new one that needs biometrics, no one knew which was genuine or not, but they didn't go back punishing everybody that got a supposedly genuine driver's license from the right sources, they just made a rule, drew a line, and continued from there.
The ones stealing from caesar are the corrupt in your beloved customs that collude with fraudulent clearing agents and smugglers.... deal with them first and leave ordinary folks alone or else we will extend beyond your tainted fixation on cars and ask for customs clearance proof for even your slippers since you guys say ignorance is not an excuse.

Your argument is good, but still leaky.

Since you were polite in your debate, I would extend you the same courtesy.

If you are caught with a fake visa/ documents in the US, the US won't let you go because the Nigerian immigration negligently allowed you to pass. You would still be punished.

In law, as unfair as it might seem, IGNORANCE IS NEVER A VALID EXCUSE.

If customs starts seizing cars without duty, a lot of my friends and family would be punished. But I still have to be unbiased in judgment. It's solely your own responsibility to ensure you have appropriate documentation.

The toothpick argument is irrelevant. Hammed Ali is talking about cars. When he moves to household products, we would tackle him. Don't pre-empt him. You can't hang someone for a murder he's likely to commit, can you?

Let me give you a personal example. Just this weekend, someone wanted to sell me a 2013 Toyota Camry. I asked for customs clearance and he started telling me about doing some under-the-table clearance for 100k. I know the duty would cost at least 1.5 million. I refused and someone else bought the car immediately.

I didnt even feel any regret. We can't complain Nigeria is lawless when we are contributing our quota to not obeying the rules.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by NOETHNICITY(m): 7:38am On Mar 22, 2017
dumodust:

Dude that is your problem with OCD, not ours. It is not the job of the public to go about verifying the customs clearance for everything imported that we buy including toothpick , shirts, etc
They should start doing their jobs from today, fight the corruption in their service that enables cars with fake clearance to land in the streets and fight smugglers. They cant be paid and we will be doing their jobs for them while they take the easy way out and join the long list of uniformed idiots harassing road users who haven't broken any laws. They will just join the already existing bribe takers on the road with problem unsolved.
u break a law wen u drive a car without duty. to simply prevent this insist on having genuine duty.
Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 7:48am On Mar 22, 2017
bettercreature:
The executive should have helped this man instead of wasting money to hire lawyers
During GEJ government he stopped Alison Madueke from going to the senate because they were asking her silly questions

If Buhari do that you guys will call him dictator and tyranny, But instead he is doing it the legal way..

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 7:51am On Mar 22, 2017
I said this last week when wailers are shouting that the Senate walk him out, I tell them Hameed Ali will not appear on Wednesday and they are all shouting he will be sacked hahaha..

Make una come learn politics small..

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by muhakeem(m): 8:28am On Mar 22, 2017
mario383:
No way. Even if Buhari and his Fulani members does not respect culture, tradition, even though they disobey layed down rules, court orders etc. some must be made to pay for it. Ali must be forced to do what is right. He will never win the court case. If Buhari bribes the justices and allow Ali to win, be very sure that even the military, police, airforce, etc will be allowed to go anywhere withoit uniform because the Nigerian constitution do not compel any of the armed forced to wear uniform. Who we should blame here is this weakest dullest Buhari who just sits at home and abandon what is very necessary to handle. If his body system is too weak and he cannot face governance, let him resign.
too much noise, its better you relax and watch as it unfolds... bihari never said he is weak
Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by DocHMD: 8:40am On Mar 22, 2017
kYjelly2:

Guy see ehn, the only reason I'm upset with you is that you didn't defend your position adequately.

You should have asked your detractors if its only cars that are imported.

Just ask the ediots, is it only cars that are imported Watch them fumble from pillar to post, stupidly searching for a reasonable comeback.

Ask them if they have paid duty on their air conditioner in their rooms.

Dunces.

My brother educating zombies is a full-time job that zaps a lot of resourcesful time and I really don't have that leverage especially when I have to do it pro bono

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by Nobody: 9:13am On Mar 22, 2017
SmartchoicesNG:

How does Golfs 2 n 3 translate to poverty?

How does 2017 Range Rover HSE or 2017 Toyota Landcruiser translate to bein wealth?
Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by dumodust(m): 10:01am On Mar 22, 2017
NOETHNICITY:
u break a law wen u drive a car without duty. to simply prevent this insist on having genuine duty.
What i need to drive is a license, not customs duty. I cant be a fall guy for their negligence and mistakes
Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by dumodust(m): 10:13am On Mar 22, 2017
JustinSlayer69:

If you are caught with a fake visa/ documents in the US, the US won't let you go because the Nigerian immigration negligently allowed you to pass. You would still be punished.

If customs starts seizing cars without duty, a lot of my friends and family would be punished. But I still have to be unbiased in judgment. It's solely your own responsibility to ensure you have appropriate documentation.

The toothpick argument is irrelevant. Hammed Ali is talking about cars. When he moves to household products, we would tackle him. Don't pre-empt him. You can't hang someone for a murder he's likely to commit, can you?

Let me give you a personal example. Just this weekend, someone wanted to sell me a 2013 Toyota Camry. I asked for customs clearance and he started telling me about doing some under-the-table clearance for 100k. I know the duty would cost at least 1.5 million. I refused and someone else bought the car immediately.

I didnt even feel any regret. We can't complain Nigeria is lawless when we are contributing our quota to not obeying the rules.
I understand your point about due diligence, i have customs papers for my car but i know these folks, even if you go through the right channels their will be a k leg and diversion of money somewhere along the line from the same folks supposed to enforce these duties that is why i insist they remove the logs of wood from their eyes before removing the specks from ours. Ignorance of corruption is not an excuse too. As for the US visa argument, the appropriate analogy is the recent ban of people from some countries from entering the US. people protested because they went backwards and were denying entry to persons with visas already issued. I'm not for breaking the law but a law or rule starts somewhere and moves forward from there. Imagine stopping a 30yr old car on the rd for customs papers, will the customs evenstill have the records ?
Another example of the issues, our driver was once stopped by frsc for a supposedly fake drivers license, turns out it was issued by an frsc official at the main office and our driver, as the illiterate he was, thought it was genuine till that moment. We called the official right there because he had the number. Lo and behold, the case died there after i insisted we head to their office to know who did this kind of thing. So you see what I mean?
Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by ayobamiakinrind(m): 11:20am On Mar 22, 2017
JustinSlayer69:

Mr Ajegunle.... you bought a car and you pay duties on the car....how is that indirect? shocked

It's not compulsory to comment when you don't have anything reasonable to say

Use your head, excise as well as custom duties are not directly paid by end users. If you buy a car at a car port in Lagos, will you then drive to custom office? Are you so stupid that you don't know duties must have been paid before cars leave (water and land) borders? You're lower than your esteem.
Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by Realist2: 11:28am On Mar 22, 2017
Only in a country like Nigeria that some are above the Law, they openly flaunt the Law anyhow, and get appraise by zombies
You want the job but you don't want the uniform, and some 'I'- zombies are praising him.
We,re keeping record!.
Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by BigIyanga: 5:04pm On Mar 22, 2017
JustinSlayer69:

Did you pay exact duty on your phone and that imported rice you ate this morning?
So car owners steal from govt but foreign rice eaters like you dont?
Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by Nobody: 5:47pm On Mar 22, 2017
BigIyanga:

Did you pay exact duty on your phone and that imported rice you ate this morning?
So car owners steal from govt but foreign rice eaters like you dont?

grin

Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by BigIyanga: 7:24pm On Mar 22, 2017
It means that you actually dont have any clue on how things work.
Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by ayobamiakinrind(m): 7:29pm On Mar 22, 2017
JustinSlayer69:

Ever heard of fake custom papers? IMBEC1LE! grin

You are the idiot if you refuse to check if your car has valid papers before buying it.

You are hopelessly stupid. None of your useless generation has ever bought a car before, so how would you understand the process, oponu!

My generation? You just exposed yourself.
The fake duty papers was prepared by police officers, ryt?
Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by mandy4s: 3:35pm On Mar 23, 2017
Grundig:

what does it mean to 'suspend' . . . in this case this policy?

while at it, would you be kind enough to educate me who suspended it.

Shei you have data to come on here na? ku ku use the data to research the news period! how hard is that?
Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by Grundig: 4:02pm On Mar 23, 2017
mandy4s:

Shei you have data to come on here na? ku ku use the data to research the news period! how hard is that?
He scampers at the mention of a little exercise.

Nobody everybody you meet online you go dey follow spar.

Have yourself a good day!
Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by mandy4s: 2:09pm On Mar 25, 2017
Grundig:

He scampers at the mention of a little exercise.

Nobody everybody you meet online you go dey follow spar.

Have yourself a good day!

Who is scampering? Me or you?? Go do your fucking research before you come here to talk. No one is gonna do that for you ok. Lazy ass Nigerian mofo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

‘medicine After Death’, Obi Blasts INEC Over 2023 Election Report / Peoples Democratic Party Changes Name?? / Two Brave Yoruba Men Standing Firm In Opposition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.