Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,006 members, 7,821,525 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG (42749 Views)

2019: If I Were You I Won’t Contest At 70 – Customs CG Hammed Ali Tells Buhari / "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate / I Was Not Employed To Wear Uniforms – Customs CG Ali Replies Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by Vello(m): 6:23pm On Mar 21, 2017
JustinSlayer69:

It was a very dumb analysis and unfortunately as you saw, plenty of people who use their hearts rather than their brains to think.

If the Customs and Police start impounding cars, within 2-3 weeks, everyone would rush to get the appropriate registration.

If this continues for a whole year, what do you think would happen if someone wants to sell you a smuggled car in 2018?

You would report him of course!
God bless your brains and intellect bro. Just tired with these so called zombie yoots

2 Likes

Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by ayampissed: 6:28pm On Mar 21, 2017
but I thought the Lawyer only dragged Ali to court after the Senate have rescheduled his appearance before them.

it's now a case of Judiciary Vs Legislature.

waiting for Wednesday
Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by mandy4s: 6:32pm On Mar 21, 2017
Grundig:
I don't care whether you appear or not. Neither do I care what's happening between you and the senators. But I'm concerned that neither buhari nor Osinbajo has deemed it fit to Wade Into the CG's threat.

Shouldn't they have called this CG to order? His intentions are coming at a wrong time. How many people can cough up whatever customs fees they are thrown at in this hard times?

These guys should be more sensitive, tolerant and understanding.

Times are hard mahn!

Brother, that policy was suspended. Try and keep up with the news.

3 Likes

Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by Grundig: 6:39pm On Mar 21, 2017
mandy4s:

Brother, that policy was suspended. Try and keep up with the news.
what does it mean to 'suspend' . . . in this case this policy?
while at it, would you be kind enough to educate me who suspended it.
Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by muhakeem(m): 6:46pm On Mar 21, 2017
Ichietome:

Gerrarahere, why can't he wear uniform?
comand stand behind me, will uniform start the process of ending

recession?
Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by Sketchandcraft(m): 6:49pm On Mar 21, 2017
DocHMD:
I laugh at clueless nigerians who are supporting Tyrant Hammed Ali.

You bought a family car (e.g Siena) from a dealer who underpaid customs 6 years ago, Ali then ask customs officers to leave the borders ( their primary duty posts) and go out ILLEGALLY on the streets for stop and search, while you are returning from church with your family after being harrased by Police, Road safety, Vio, Latsma, Custom officers asks you to pull over, ask for your custom papers and declare that the dealer whom you bought the car from didn't pay enough duty.

They order you and your family members out of your car and drive to the custom office while you and your family trek home. Who is doing who?

You really think Custom officers will have the nerve to stop Saraki or Dino's convoy when they are on the move for payment of duty? It is you poverty-infested zombies who throw owambe when you buy your first Golf 2 and 3 that will be their target.
And when that happens, make sure you lament in silence and don't come here crying.
there is need to reset our brain and think right in as much as i dont support buhari or hammed ali i think it will benefit us in long run because the rich are their target and we masses will also suffer it but i beliv nigeria should start thinking in the right manner... Give what is for ceasar to cessar that is what the bible say...
Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by Iko5000: 6:58pm On Mar 21, 2017
Thank you my brother for that answer to that sycophant.
DocHMD:

You are probably a sycophant or a customs man or both.

1.) The law does not permit Customs officers to operate on our roads. It is illegal

2.) Why should anyone be made to pay retroactive duties on a car he innocently bought from a dealer 10 years ago because the dealer connived with some pot-belly custom officers to circumvent the system? Why should pay for the inadequacies of customs? The citizens?

I have come to understand that some people for reasons best known to them enjoy seeing their countrymen suffer bad fate. How some of you derive joy in inflicting pains on the masses is just beyond me.

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by TexasR: 6:59pm On Mar 21, 2017
Ordinary retired colonel.
May your pride and arrogance not kill you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by pricipal2003(m): 7:03pm On Mar 21, 2017
DocHMD:

You bought a family car (e.g Siena) from a dealer who underpaid customs 6 years ago, Ali then ask customs officers to leave the borders ( their primary duty posts) and go out ILLEGALLY on the streets for stop and search, while you are returning from church with your family after being harrased by Police, Road safety, Vio, Latsma, Custom officers asks you to pull over, ask for your custom papers and declare that the dealer whom you bought the car from didn't pay enough duty.

They order you and your family members out of your car and drive to the custom office while you and your family trek home. Who is doing who?

You really think Custom officers will have the nerve to stop Saraki or Dino's convoy when they are on the move for payment of duty? It is you poverty-infested zombies who throw owambe when you buy your first Golf 2 and 3 that will be their target.
And when that happens, make sure you lament in silence and don't come here crying.
God bless u my guy. It is so funny that the people that the policy will mostly affect are the ones drumming support for the tyrant

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by Chidex50(m): 7:06pm On Mar 21, 2017
Ok o
Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:09pm On Mar 21, 2017
DocHMD:

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by blazhykowskyi(m): 7:15pm On Mar 21, 2017
DocHMD:

I really do not expect zombies to agree with me. The Country is full of inhuman monstrous idiots and if they start agreeing with my views, I'd have to start checking myself very well for a diagnosis of the zombie virus.

that's what you guys are known for. no substance. just shouting zombie to get likes.
people supported the senate initially but backtracked when they realized they weren't serious about the main issue.
tell me if the issue of uniform should supercede the main issue affecting ordinary nigerians. tell me how his wearing or non wearing of uniform affects you. if they want the man to wear uniform, they should ammend the custom law.

so tell me who is the zombie.

4 Likes

Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by DocHMD: 7:26pm On Mar 21, 2017
blazhykowskyi:

that's what you guys are known for. no substance. just shouting zombie to get likes.
people supported the senate initially but backtracked when they realized they weren't serious about the main issue.
tell me if the issue of uniform should supercede the main issue affecting ordinary nigerians. tell me how his wearing or non wearing of uniform affects you. if they want the man to wear uniform, they should ammend the custom law.

so tell me who is the zombie.

I personally do not give a somersaulting fuuuck about his uniform. He can wear a circus clown dress to appear in the red chamber for all I care. I am more particular on his proposal which aims to 'license' overzealous customs officers to frustrate innocent car owners on inland roads. A clearly illegal decision.

3 Likes

Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by blazhykowskyi(m): 7:28pm On Mar 21, 2017
bendike:
You must be a civil servant. Because only government pikins that have lived all their life under government paid work think like this. Ok so the owner of the senna should pay for the incompetence of the custom service right? How in the first instance did the vehicle get past the boarder? Who's duty is it to man our boarders? As per underpaying duty, who gave the estimate to the car dealer? During the course of registration of the vehicle, who issued the custom clearance documentation? All points at the customs! One ancient buffoon then comes up to say folks should go back to customs to re validate duty because they want to install checkpoints to check and seize cars, even when i bought the car from a car dealer?That is madness!
It reminds me of the silly military minister of communications years back (olarinwaju?) who tried to shot down business centers that used CALLBACK and INTERNET to make cheaper international calls at N50 when NITEL was charging N400 naira per min. The minister then deployed soldiers to raid business centers claiming "economic Sabotage"
We shouldn't be made to pay for government incompetence.

if you were caught with fake visa in u.s. who do you think will bear the brunt? would you plead the court to let you go since the immigration officers failed to catch you at the airport? or you would be deported?

no matter how hard they try, the custom can never totally erase illegal importation of goods. if they fail to catch you at the border and you are caught inside the country, you will still bear the brunt.

4 Likes

Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by TundeHashim(m): 7:28pm On Mar 21, 2017
DocHMD:

wanted to reply prior to seeing ur post..but you've said it all!

3 Likes

Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by blazhykowskyi(m): 7:30pm On Mar 21, 2017
DocHMD:

I personally do not give a somersaulting fuuuck about his uniform. He can wear a circus clown dress to appear in the red chamber for all I care. I am more particular on his proposal which aims to 'license' overzealous customs officers to frustrate innocent car owners on inland roads. A clearly illegal decision.
but the senate you are defending is not bothered about that. the uniform is their major concern. if not, they would have attended to that when he appeared before them and put the uniform issue aside.

you see why people condemn the senate?
the man has even suspended the policy. the senators should have really grilled him on the issue.

3 Likes

Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by Eruditor: 7:31pm On Mar 21, 2017
DocHMD:

I know you think you made sense but you only exposed the typical Nigerian disposition and predilection for crime and illegalities.

Why won't the policy help buyers of vehicles to demand that the correct papers for the vehicle be acquired? Your position seems to argue that because the original buyer/owner had counterfeit documents then me (his patronizer) should be exonerated seeing that I wasn't involved when the crime occured. Which is akin to saying anyone is allowed to go about driving stolen cars simoly because they bought it legally from someone who possessed said car illicitly.

Shame on Nigerians.

3 Likes

Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by Proudmuslim(m): 7:35pm On Mar 21, 2017
I am with you colonel hameed Ali

its not the uniform that perform the job,its the man who wears it

you will never were uniform

long live hameed Ali long live nigerian customs long live Nigeria

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by blazhykowskyi(m): 7:36pm On Mar 21, 2017
Eruditor:

I know you think you made sense but you only exposed the typical Nigerian disposition and predilection for crime and illegalities.

Why won't the policy help buyers of vehicles to demand that the correct papers for the vehicle be acquired? Your position seems to argue that because the original buyer/owner had counterfeit documents then me (his patronizer) should be exonerated seeing that I wasn't involved when the crime occured. Which is akin to saying anyone is allowed to go about driving stolen cars simoly because they bought it legally from someone who possessed said car illicitly.

Shame on Nigerians.

abi o.
nigerians want the country to work but do not want to be law abiding. the USA they reference every now and then do not take issues like this with levity.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by BabaEleko(m): 8:00pm On Mar 21, 2017
DocHMD:

You tried to make sense and did try but you forgot to mention that my "sienna"is not bullet proof and does not need clarification from the NSA. You also didn't mention that Saraki forged his custom documents. Lastly, the idea that every single car owner would be subjected to that custom paper and the inability to provide it will make them trek home is laughable, this only happens at border towns and environs and on "flagged route" because the law does not allow custom to be stationed on just any road. You tried to try bro but try again later.
Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by BigIyanga: 8:22pm On Mar 21, 2017
Most of zombie folks would curse Customs when they seize or impound that vehicle is taking you to work/job interview, appointment etc all in the name of short payment.
Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by omolorlarh: 8:42pm On Mar 21, 2017
lollmaolol:

Burn them down like Ghana did!!
Lol.I wish we could but those people are not ordinary people.They have fetish powers. Moreover,we Nigerians are naive.It takes the grace of God to take such a bold step.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by sparkleRed(f): 8:47pm On Mar 21, 2017
SmartchoicesNG:

How does Golfs 2 n 3 translate to poverty?

Was that the only part that made sense to you?
Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by akinszz: 8:54pm On Mar 21, 2017
kahal29:

http://thenationonlineng.net/i-wont-appear-before-senate-wednesday-customs-cg/
i like his stiff neck.... carry on I'm at your back giving you support.
Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by Pedrop: 8:59pm On Mar 21, 2017
blazhykowskyi:

don't you think you are the clueless one if you think the senators are fighting for you? he appeared before them but they left the Germaine issue and focused on uniform. why didn't they discuss the main issue and put down their ego?

Wow, so his disobedience should have been overlooked and cos he is an appointee by your god Buhari ? This is a class of stupidity i'v never seen before.

Did he come in his uniform and the issue on which he was invited for wasn't discussed ? What is the essence of the uniform if it must not be put on ? Tell me please.

You sounded like one who still wish the world mosaic era and not modern civility others are enjoying. You must be from the North or even a Niger man who now claim Northerner in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by xtervaganza(m): 9:01pm On Mar 21, 2017
I hate this ugly man
Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by bizzibodi(m): 9:09pm On Mar 21, 2017
doctokwus:
I am just imagining d kind of disdain Ali has for d senate and what it took out of him to answer their original summon.
d way senate has disdain 4 we 9jerians by wasting our money on themselves without bettering our lives.
Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by akinszz: 9:17pm On Mar 21, 2017
DocHMD:

you are not the target, could you imagine someone bought a vehicle worth almost 400million naira and using his influence not to pay import duty of 74million... that's luxury you ought to pay for it. do you know how many cars each of these people have... they have been doing that in the past administration buying luxury cars and got waivers. this administration has put a stop to it.
Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by TinaAnita(f): 9:38pm On Mar 21, 2017
Like Ali like Buhari, worst public office holders so far

2 Likes

Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by zheroes(m): 9:38pm On Mar 21, 2017
DocHMD:

nice response! now imagine you rented an Apartment on a property marked for demolition which you failed to do a due searçh on, will the government then put a stop on the d3molition order because they dont want to put you thru pains? its time for us to do this right. ignorance is no excuse.before you buy a car ask to see the duty paid that will naturally stop the nonsense we have tolerated for so long!

3 Likes

Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by mario383: 9:39pm On Mar 21, 2017
MaziOmenuko:
Lol...wise man, drag the judiciary into the scenario: its now executive vs legislative vs judiciary. Legislative can't discuss a case that is in court, and therefore, can't enforce your presence...very wise man.

I was thinking he would get a court injunction but that would have been a slap on the senators faces, so he went the easy way...

Wisdom is profitable to direct!
Some people can talk like prematured yam. Let us see how he will win this case even though he is from the region of the lovers of violent and people who are known for disobeying court orders. No court will support it because allowing that man Ali to win this case is like open information to the entire armed forces to go any where be it going to ceremonies, other occasions meeting etc. Whether it is not in the constitution, he will never win this case. The constitution do not state that the military, police, air force etc, to put on thier uniform but it is compulsory because it is the tradition and cullture of the armed forces.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tinubu Makes Brief Appearance At Niger Rally, Fails To Give Speech (Video, Pics) / #EndSARS: Sagay Says FG May Forcefully End Protests If Youths Continue / Pandora Papers: Global Investigation Exposes Secrets Of Some Of Nigeria’s Elite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.