Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,409 members, 7,954,624 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:24 AM

I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG (42928 Views)

2019: If I Were You I Won’t Contest At 70 – Customs CG Hammed Ali Tells Buhari / "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate / I Was Not Employed To Wear Uniforms – Customs CG Ali Replies Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by Icecomrade: 4:37pm On Mar 21, 2017
Oga Hamid just dey make noise.

Na this country we dey.

E go still appear before Senate one day.

Infact Na factory fitted uniform e go even wear.

Everyone get im own power.

When time come for Senate to weird power.

We go know.

3 Likes

Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by chynie: 4:37pm On Mar 21, 2017
a
Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by Nobody: 4:37pm On Mar 21, 2017
cows everywhere

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by Sleekydee(m): 4:39pm On Mar 21, 2017
kahal29:

He said: “Based on the advice from lawyers and briefing from the Office of the Attorney General and Minister of Justice who is also a party in the suit, I won’t be appearing before the Senate tomorrow until the court decides otherwise”.

Yesssssss!!! As a Big Boooy.

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by lollmaolol(m): 4:39pm On Mar 21, 2017
psucc:
Really this journey is too long and quite uncertain.

How can we repay this people in 2019?

Burn them down like Ghana did!!

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by Nobody: 4:39pm On Mar 21, 2017
OK
Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by smartty68(m): 4:39pm On Mar 21, 2017
DocHMD:
I laugh at clueless nigerians who are supporting Tyrant Hammed Ali.

You bought a family car (e.g Siena) from a dealer who underpaid customs 6 years ago, Ali then ask customs officers to leave the borders ( their primary duty posts) and go out on the streets for stop and search, while you are returning from church with your family after being harrased by Police, Road safety, Vio, Latsma. Custom officers asks you to pull over, ask for your custom papers and declare that the dealer whom you bought the car from didn't pay enough due.

They order you and your family members out of your car and drive to the custom office while you and your family trek home. Who is doing who?

You really think Custom officers will have the nerve to stop Saraki or Dino's convoy when they are on the move? It is you poverty-infested zombies who throw owambe when you buy your first Golf 2 and 3 that will be their target.
And when that happens, make sure you lament in silence and don't come here crying.
Thanks for the summary wink

13 Likes

Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by kazykeller(m): 4:39pm On Mar 21, 2017
What I think they should have done on Wednesday was to go to real issue you raised here rather the childish uniform scenario

DocHMD:

You bought a family car (e.g Siena) from a dealer who underpaid customs 6 years ago, Ali then ask customs officers to leave the borders ( their primary duty posts) and go out on the streets for stop and search, while you are returning from church with your family after being harrased by Police, Road safety, Vio, Latsma. Custom officers asks you to pull over, ask for your custom papers and declare that the dealer whom you bought the car from didn't pay enough due.

They order you and your family members out of your car and drive to the custom office while you and your family trek home. Who is doing who?

You really think Custom officers will have the nerve to stop Saraki or Dino's convoy when they are on the move? It is you poverty-infested zombies who throw owambe when you buy your first Golf 2 and 3 that will be their target.
And when that happens, make sure you lament in silence and don't come here crying.

6 Likes

Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by kkboy(m): 4:41pm On Mar 21, 2017
Senators how una see am?

2 Likes

Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by AuroraB(f): 4:43pm On Mar 21, 2017
MaziOmenuko:
Lol...wise man, drag the judiciary into the scenario: its now executive vs legislative vs judiciary. Legislative can't discuss a case that is in court, and therefore, can't enforce your presence...very wise man.

I was thinking he would get a court injunction but that would have been a slap on the senators faces, so he went the easy way...

Wisdom is profitable to direct!
cheesy
Let the head butting continue cheesy grin
Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by arowstev2000: 4:43pm On Mar 21, 2017
DocHMD:

U av sense

8 Likes

Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by Dom2020: 4:44pm On Mar 21, 2017
This drama between the senators and this Ali man, am just waiting to see its end
Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by Kiakia(m): 4:44pm On Mar 21, 2017
kahal29:

http://thenationonlineng.net/i-wont-appear-before-senate-wednesday-customs-cg/
Recent developments suggest that Hamid Ali no longer needs to appear before the Senate either now or in the near future. The showboating Senators should live with it!

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by Ngokafor(f): 4:45pm On Mar 21, 2017
DocHMD:

...My brother,Apc zombie supporters have lost their minds i tell you....When it hits them now,you will see their women protesting nakedd..just watch.

14 Likes

Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by Lumig: 4:45pm On Mar 21, 2017
Imagine issues that need urgent attention(that really affect the common man), are being left unattended to. Our esteemed senators are busy masturbating on "someone does put on uniform". The main reason reason he was called upon has been thrown into the dustbin. Someone please help beg them to get serious for once, they are not there for showmanship

3 Likes

Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by muhakeem(m): 4:47pm On Mar 21, 2017
DocHMD:

bros, nobody is talking about the policy now, the senators are concerned about uniform and that has no positive impact on Nigerians... not that they are supporting him for the policy but for the uniform saga, the policy has even been suspended

8 Likes

Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by Bants(m): 4:47pm On Mar 21, 2017
Buhari has given power to Dogs and goats lawlessness when they want to appoint them they will go through senate oh

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by Nobody: 4:50pm On Mar 21, 2017
It seems gullible zombie are focusing more on the power play between two elephants and forgetting it's the grass that will suffer, we are more concerned about the reason he was summoned in the first place

3 Likes

Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by oruma19: 4:53pm On Mar 21, 2017
DocHMD:

u said all!!!.

7 Likes

Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by Nobody: 4:53pm On Mar 21, 2017
The guy played a smart move.

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by Bluffly: 4:54pm On Mar 21, 2017
Grundig:
I don't care whether you appear or not. Neither do I care what's happening between you and the senators. But I'm concerned that neither buhari nor Osinbajo has deemed it fit to Wade Into the CG's threat.

Shouldn't they have called this CG to order? His intentions are coming at a wrong time. How many people can cough up whatever customs fees they are thrown at in this hard times?

These guys should be more sensitive, tolerant and understanding.

Times are hard mahn!

If the CGC maintains that stand yet in the fees, then all Customs officer, serving and retired should also return their salaries because they've not perform their duties.

3 Likes

Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by HAH: 4:54pm On Mar 21, 2017
The senate should just amend the customs law by

1, making it mandatory for CGs to wear uniform

2, CGs must be confimed by the senate since they are also a revenue generating body like the firs, whose chairman must be conformed by the senate.

6 Likes

Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by Eazybay(m): 4:56pm On Mar 21, 2017
I still remember this man rebuffing the finance minister claiming to answer only to d President! The customs is yet to have a board, if they did dis policy would not even come up. This man is doing so many things wrong and ppl are cheering him cos he's Buhari's henchman.

Same way d head of NPA is presently acting like a fish out of water..

Things are yet to go right and people are here trying to support "bad precedence". They claim uniform does not matter but d rank and position is a "uniformed one".

16 Likes

Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by deking(m): 4:57pm On Mar 21, 2017
DocHMD:

This is the understanding of someone who is myopic or lacks depth of thinking about this policy. There are no quick wins to fixing a country. In the scenario you have painted one would expect that the public discuss would be how to make the policy more effective without bringing unnecessary hardship on the citizens.

The owner of the Sienna could also have taken advantage of the window created by the Customs to ratify his documents. Will you say someone who bought a stolen car should be allowed to keep enjoying the vehicle because he did not take the pain to do what is right.

Please governance is not for kids. We should learn to engage our minds and take a wider and far more reaching look at issues. The policy is the BVN of car importation in Nigeria and like the BVN it will assist in no small measure to curb corruption especially of custom officers.

Is the policy perfect? No.
Is it a good direction to go? Yes .
Can it be improved upon? Yes.
Who will assist in identifying the possible loop-holes ? We citizens.
Why the citizens? They are familiar with all the channels that government officials use to circumvent the system and cheat on citizens daily.

This is the way countries build systems.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by irepsuccess: 4:59pm On Mar 21, 2017
power corrupt ; absolute power corrupt absolutely
Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by hucienda: 5:00pm On Mar 21, 2017
DocHMD:

You bought a family car (e.g Siena) from a dealer who underpaid customs 6 years ago, Ali then ask customs officers to leave the borders ( their primary duty posts) and go out on the streets for stop and search, while you are returning from church with your family after being harrased by Police, Road safety, Vio, Latsma, Custom officers asks you to pull over, ask for your custom papers and declare that the dealer whom you bought the car from didn't pay enough due.

You really think Custom officers will have the nerve to stop Saraki or Dino's convoy when they are on the move for payment of duty? It is you poverty-infested zombies who throw owambe when you buy your first Golf 2 and 3 that will be their target.

EoD.

Gracias señor.

5 Likes

Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by lereinter(m): 5:01pm On Mar 21, 2017
thats good
Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by Charly68: 5:02pm On Mar 21, 2017
Grundig:
I don't care whether you appear or not. Neither do I care what's happening between you and the senators. But I'm concerned that neither buhari nor Osinbajo has deemed it fit to Wade Into the CG's threat.

Shouldn't they have called this CG to order? His intentions are coming at a wrong time. How many people can cough up whatever customs fees they are thrown at in this hard times?
These guys should be more sensitive, tolerant and understanding.
Times are hard mahn!
I stand by your point only that the Senate did not use wisdom in driving home their point.They should have told the man to stop the policy without going into the frivolity of uniform or no uniform

3 Likes

Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by bestgift4ever(f): 5:05pm On Mar 21, 2017
Oga u must appear before the Senate on Wednesday, unless you are ready to accept disrespect from masses if ur plans work 4u.

2 Likes

Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by Ichietome: 5:09pm On Mar 21, 2017
muhakeem:
bros, nobody is talking about the policy now, the senators are concerned about uniform and that has no positive impact on Nigerians... not that they are supporting him for the policy but for the uniform saga, the policy has even been suspended
Gerrarahere, why can't he wear uniform?

3 Likes

Re: I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG by DocHMD: 5:10pm On Mar 21, 2017
deking:

This is the understanding of someone who is myopic or lacks depth of thinking about this policy. There are no quick wins to fixing a country. In the scenario you have painted one would expect that the public discuss would be how to make the policy more effective without bringing unnecessary hardship on the citizens.

The owner of the Sienna could also have taken advantage of the window created by the Customs to ratify his documents. Will you say someone who bought a stolen car should be allowed to keep enjoying the vehicle because he did not take the pain to do what is right.

Please governance is not for kids. We should learn to engage our minds and take a wider and far more reaching look at issues. The policy is the BVN of car importation in Nigeria and like the BVN it will assist in no small measure to curb corruption especially of custom officers.

Is the policy perfect? No.
Is it a good direction to go? Yes .
Can it be improved upon? Yes.
Who will assist in identifying the possible loop-holes ? We citizens.
Why the citizens? They are familiar with all the channels that government officials use to circumvent the system and cheat on citizens daily.

This is the way countries build systems.

You are probably a sycophant or a customs man or both.

1.) The law does not permit Customs officers to operate on our roads. It is illegal

2.) Why should anyone be made to pay retroactive duties on a car he innocently bought from a dealer 10 years ago because the dealer connived with some pot-belly custom officers to circumvent the system? Who should pay for the inadequacies of customs? The citizens?

I have come to understand that some people for reasons best known to them enjoy seeing their countrymen suffer bad fate. How some of you derive joy in inflicting pains on the masses is just beyond me.

28 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Man Jailed In Abuja For Killing A Cow - Femi Fani-kayode / Saraki Dozes Off In The Dock As Corruption Trial Takes Its Toll (Photo) / Buhari, Army Silent As US Exposes ISIS, Al-Qaeda Plans To Penetrate The South

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.