Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,875 members, 7,813,981 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:18 PM

They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth? - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth? (71166 Views)

How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? / My Wife Wants To Leave Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Mar 25, 2017
Hide it? Definitely not.
The relationship will shatter someday that the truth will come into limelight.

U're just meeting the wrong people.
The right man won't have any slight problem with u having had a child.

Me abandon my Babe cos she had a child? Make I hear.
Some of these ladies that'll even claim virgins already aborted up to 5 times. Many more get climbed 3 times a day and yet they've had no child.

Who's even a saint

2 Likes

Re: They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth? by ghostmist: 5:47pm On Mar 25, 2017
nasha1:

oh now from saying in ur previous post that women dont have a choice only men do the choosing to the only time they ever get the chance 2 choose? U are a confirm idi0t! an educated illiterate, better do well in italy where u are looking 4 admission because u sound so slow. A man walking to chat u up 4 a relationship is not choosing, it's showing interest, the woman choose if she want 2 go along or not.and yes u f00l.
when i said u are an ignorant teenager u thought i am saying rubbish.women have slide into men dms and initiate a conversation who lead 2 marriage 2 some.for the fact that it has never happen 2 u doesnt mean it does not exist.in a civilised world, women take men to launch and dinner and initiate the relationship,are they from planet mars? for the fact that they are few doesnt make it impossible or non existent.
stay in school, u will do the world a big favour, and this one is fighting 2 go abroad,u will be back with the next deportation plane.ignorant!
I believe we are having a civil discussion here, so you can do away with the insults. You ought to be a lady...so quit the cussing. You come across as one who is extremely aggressive...believe me, you could find it difficult hitching a man with that attitude.

Besides, the case in question happened (or is happening) in Nigeria. Here, our girls aren't used to initiating relationships; they may show a man the green light, but are too fearful to outrightly initiate a relationship...those occurances you mentioned are the exceptions and not the norm.

And again...Learn how to stay on the topic...stop digging out stuffs from peoples posts with malicious intent, either to disparage or demean them. It is very uncool and i am too adroit to do that to you...believe me, you ain't gonna like it if someone does it to you.

I am older than you young lady, with 2 degrees already. Show some respect!

1 Like

Re: They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:25pm On Mar 25, 2017
octopusfreaky:
Hehehhehe just wish her welll.
Abi na
Re: They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:31pm On Mar 25, 2017
Barzinime:
It cant go back to me cos I'm not d 1 castigating her....u should check yourself & don't open your mind to think something unintelligent
And who castigated her? The truth may hurt but it has to be said...
Re: They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth? by Sierusvirus(m): 6:48pm On Mar 25, 2017
Kondomatic:
They are cheap and silly because they don't want to marry a single mom.

You reason foolishly sometimes.

The Op just stated that she had a child years ago but your warped mind didn't tell you that the reason men leave after hearing that may not just be bcoz she has a child but because of the circumstances that lead to her having a child, the life she lead before having that child, her life after, the father of the child etc.

Single moms get married always so why is her case different?

You need start thinking before you comment.

Bro, don't mind her foolish mentality
Re: They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth? by Ojukwubucket(m): 7:04pm On Mar 25, 2017
chiomababy22:
I had a child 8 years ago. Ever since then, having a long lasting relationship is a big problem because they leave me with the excuse of my child been an issue. My last relationship has left me shattered and the last thing i want to do is deny my baby. Am confused pls friends what do you advise i do? Am not getting any younger. Thanks as i await you comments.
But y u go act like Yoruba girls na... Maybe a Yoruba won't mind... Try one
Re: They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth? by Samuelvic45: 7:11pm On Mar 25, 2017
! Continue saying the truth your rightful man will come. Better than hiding the truth against the future disaster. Be bless
Re: They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth? by octopusfreaky(f): 7:14pm On Mar 25, 2017
Ojukwubucket:

But y u go act like Yoruba girls na... Maybe a Yoruba won't mind... Try one
Nonsense yyy u being tribalistic. Desist from ds act like she has AIDS or STDs. Relationship is built on trust. ok.
Re: They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth? by nasha1(f): 7:27pm On Mar 25, 2017
ghostmist:
I believe we are having a civil discussion here, so you can do away with the insults. You ought to be a lady...so quit the cussing. You come across as one who is extremely aggressive...believe me, you could find it difficult hitching a man with that attitude.

Besides, the case in question happened (or is happening) in Nigeria. Here, our girls aren't used to initiating relationships; they may show a man the green light, but are too fearful to outrightly initiate a relationship...those occurances you mentioned are the exceptions and not the norm.

And again...Learn how to stay on the topic...stop digging out stuffs from peoples posts with malicious intent, either to disparage or demean them. It is very uncool and i am too adroit to do that to you...believe me, you ain't gonna like it if someone does it to you.

I am older than you young lady, with 2 degrees already. Show some respect!

ghostmist:
She does not choose the men. Men do the picking...if non of those people you specified picked her, what will she do?

Absolutely nothing! Women are often deluded in thinking they have the option of "choice" when it comes to men. However, the grimm reality is that, it is the men who choose...

Also, the number of men that are likely to show interest in them decrease the older they get

This was ur first post to me, u were making a strong statement here and i responded in which u called me slow and i gave it 2 u.I am not agressive but this NL is like a zoo,these boys come at u when u drop a comment,bully u and expect u to keep quiet because i am a woman.nope, i give back triple what's given to me and tust me,i dont have 2 act like this outside because i dont come across ignorant juvenile boys.I act like a lady with men who act like men.

u kept changing the tone of ur message, u started by saying the bolded and u didnt specify where all u said is women dont have a choice then went on to say they do have a choice but a limited one then u came back with the post above,oga check it now. for the fact that something is an exception doesnt mean they are non existent.I can count how many of my girlfriend who slide into their boyfriend twitter and today are engaged.Visit twitter more and not this place where people only imagine things.If u want 2 talk of fact NL is not the place, i run a salon i have countless stories to tell besides i didnt tell her that she had a pool of choice, i simply told her which i told a friend of mine to stop being choosy.
Nigerian women are choosy when it comes 2 find a husband, not many will go 4 broke guys and starting afresh even the so called old cargo as you people refer 2 them.times have changed, the world is evolving,maybe it's where she meet those men because i have made hair for many babymamas on their wedding day both mature and young.i dont talk what i dont know, i talk from experience and i dont kiss asses.

u dont know my age and having 2 degrees doesnt mean old.My brother is 30 and has 2 degrees and a master.Men should show respect 2 women when addressing them and not dismiss them because u have a dick.shalom.

1 Like

Re: They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth? by Jammiiee(m): 7:37pm On Mar 25, 2017
Let them know from the scratch, don't open that up at the middle, the surprise is far too overwhelming if they later find out, but a man who knows from the beginning that you have a child if willing to put up with u surely will. angry
chiomababy22:
I had a child 8 years ago. Ever since then, having a long lasting relationship is a big problem because they leave me with the excuse of my child been an issue. My last relationship has left me shattered and the last thing i want to do is deny my baby. Am confused pls friends what do you advise i do? Am not getting any younger. Thanks as i await you comments.
Re: They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth? by TheeDetective: 7:46pm On Mar 25, 2017
So you want to deny your child because the guys that want to marry you would not do so again once you mention your child? undecided YOU WELL SO? From the look of things, you are limiting yourself to only single guys and the truth of the matter whether you like it or not is that the bulk of single guys won’t marry a single mum FACT as they will only deceive you. Don't get me wrong as there are still some who would but they are in the minute minority. Expand your search by dating men who already have a child of their own as well as it will be more understanding and acceptable to them to marry a single mum than it would be for a single guy without a child of their own to marry a single mum. I am just stating the obvious FACT and let no one deceive you otherwise at least you yourself have seen it that once you mention your child, the men leave you which is what made me ascertain that it might be single guys only that you are going after. Lastly, never ever deny your child nor hide the fact that you already have a child because you want to marry as marriage is not the only thing that makes one fulfilled in life.

2 Likes

Re: They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth? by ghostmist: 7:51pm On Mar 25, 2017
nasha1:

This was ur first post to me, u were making a strong statement here and i responded in which u called me slow and i gave it 2 u.I am not agressive but this NL is like a zoo,these boys come at u when u drop a comment,bully u and expect u to keep quiet because i am a woman.nope, i give back triple what's given to me and tust me,i dont have 2 act like this outside because i dont come across ignorant juvenile boys.I act like a lady with men who act like men.
u kept changing the tone of ur message, u started by saying the bolded and u didnt specify where all u said is women dont have a choice then went on to say they do have a choice but a limited one then u came back with the post above,oga check it now. for the fact that something is an exception doesnt mean they are non existent.I can count how many of my girlfriend who slide into their boyfriend twitter and today are engaged.Visit twitter more and not this place where people only imagine things.If u want 2 talk of fact NL is not the place, i run a salon i have countless stories to tell besides i didnt tell her that she had a pool of choice, i simply told her which i told a friend of mine to stop being choosy.
Nigerian women are choosy when it comes 2 find a husband, not many will go 4 broke guys and starting afresh even the so called old cargo as you people refer 2 them.times have changed, the world is evolving,maybe it's where she meet those men because i have made hair for many babymamas on their wedding day both mature and young.i dont talk what i dont know, i talk from experience and i dont kiss asses.

u dont know my age and having 2 degrees doesnt mean old.My brother is 30 and has 2 degrees and a master.Men should show respect 2 women when addressing them and not dismiss them because u have a dick.shalom.
Alright i get you...we were saying the same things, but in different ways. But you still attacked first. My first post was only saying that women don't do the "chyking" or wooing. The men do that. As such, a woman can only choose from the pool of men that "chyke" her. Your position of her being less choosy actually supported mine. Now that you've made mention of Twitter, maybe i should join the twitter community...maybe, just maybe, my missing rib could be there. And who knows, it might just be you. Shalom to you too...

1 Like

Re: They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth? by nasha1(f): 8:15pm On Mar 25, 2017
ghostmist:
Alright i get you...we were saying the same things, but in different ways. But you still attacked first. My first post was only saying that women don't do the "chyking" or wooing. The men do that. As such, a woman can only choose from the pool of men that "chyke" her. Your position of her being less choosy actually supported mine. Now that you've made mention of Twitter, maybe i should join the twitter community...maybe, just maybe, my missing rib could be there. And who knows, it might just be you. Shalom to you too...

okay i admit i took it a little too far,lol. i apologise for that,promise i will be good only if no one come for me o. tongue
@ your last paragraph, lol u are funny.please join twitter it's a very pleasant and funny place nevertheless i enjoy here because u can expand and discuss things.have a great night, i am closing 4 the day, going out with friends,see u. smiley
Re: They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth? by ghostmist: 8:33pm On Mar 25, 2017
nasha1:

okay i admit i took it a little too far,lol. i apologise for that,promise i will be good only if no one come for me o. tongue
@ your last paragraph, lol u are funny.please join twitter it's a very pleasant and funny place nevertheless i enjoy here because u can expand and discuss things.have a great night, i am closing 4 the day, going out with friends,see u. smiley
ok then...i'd like to know your twitter "ID" if that's ok by you.
Re: They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth? by tosyne2much(m): 9:21pm On Mar 25, 2017
makavelidon:
You are very beautiful, pls give me your number. Thanks
Abeg comot for here jawe

Re: They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth? by tosyne2much(m): 9:40pm On Mar 25, 2017
Mimzyy:
Tonyebarcanista, I just dey look u angry Mschewww
Barcanista no dey fear to talk the truth ehn cheesy
Re: They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth? by mikolo80: 9:47pm On Mar 25, 2017
chiomababy22:
carry your cross. you show lack of home judgement as a baby mama
Re: They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth? by mikolo80: 9:48pm On Mar 25, 2017
nasha1:

You are dating wrong people.U need 2 open up to a range of people even those u think are not ur spec.I bet all these men you are dating are within your age grade and not ready 2 settle down.There are a lot of single dads out there and divorced men too, give everyone a chance and stop being choosy.All these babymamas out there didn't impregnant themselves,the babydaddies are responsible for that.
you de mind d mumu. she no wan marry baby daddy but she de look for maga to marry her
Re: They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth? by Caseless: 9:59pm On Mar 25, 2017
modelmike7:
...... lolzzz, make my madam no see dis o!! Be good bro, been a while.
lol! Madam go understand say oga get eye for good things.

Good to see you again.
Re: They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth? by Mimzyy(f): 10:00pm On Mar 25, 2017
tosyne2much:
Barcanista no dey fear to talk the truth ehn cheesy

Well...
Re: They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth? by tosyne2much(m): 10:02pm On Mar 25, 2017
Mimzyy:

Well...
Same with me cheesy

Just that people will have you hated when don't know how to embellish the truth cheesy
Re: They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth? by Mimzyy(f): 10:07pm On Mar 25, 2017
tosyne2much:
Same with me cheesy

Just that people will have you hated when don't know how to embellish the truth cheesy

There is wisdom in applying diplomacy at times.
Re: They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth? by tosyne2much(m): 10:11pm On Mar 25, 2017
Mimzyy:

There is wisdom in applying diplomacy at times.
That's true sha
Re: They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth? by GreatZaza(m): 10:27pm On Mar 25, 2017
I will advise you just hold on to your God because it will be very hard to see a young man who is not yet married having thoughts of settling down with a single mum. I am not yet married but this are my thoughts
1. I cannot get married to a single mum.
2. I cannot get married to someone who recently broke up from a ling relationship because I feel that such relationship will hunt her

My thoughts thou
Re: They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth? by sisisioge: 7:54am On Mar 26, 2017
Well, that's because you've not met your own. You and your child are a complete package. And pls stop following small small boyz...how you want make them explain to their mamas?

1 Like

Re: They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth? by WORLDPEACE(m): 9:13am On Mar 26, 2017
buffalowings:

good advice

but I had to laugh bro
attract both rich and broke guys
haha
Yeah, isn't that what having options is about? You can go up or come down. Lol. Average girls don't want to hear it but rich women do it every time.
Re: They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth? by chigoizie7(m): 2:05pm On Mar 26, 2017
egbabiekperemo1:

Sharrap son

Keep talking old man
Re: They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth? by pressplay411(m): 4:47pm On Mar 26, 2017
nasha1:

You are dating wrong people.U need 2 open up to a range of people even those u think are not ur spec.I bet all these men you are dating are within your age grade and not ready 2 settle down.There are a lot of single dads out there and divorced men too, give everyone a chance and stop being choosy.All these babymamas out there didn't impregnant themselves,the babydaddies are responsible for that.

Well said.
It's rare for a single never-married guy to decide to marry a single mother. Possible but rare. I've been in such situations and just decided the heart trip is not worth it. Even if I can live with the baggage, it'll be hard convincing the family and friends. Probably I've just not been hit by cupid's arrow cos love usually should overlook such things.
Re: They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth? by LePrezident(m): 5:29pm On Mar 26, 2017
pressplay411:

Well said.
It's rare for a single never-married guy to decide to marry a single mother. Possible but rare. I've been in such situations and just decided the heart trip is not worth it. Even if I can live with the baggage, it'll be hard convincing the family and friends. Probably I've just not been hit by cupid's arrow cos love usually should overlook such things.

This guy, you need to anonymously author a book of romance grin
Re: They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth? by pressplay411(m): 6:18pm On Mar 26, 2017
LePrezident:

This guy, you need to anonymously author a book of romance grin

I'll need a ghostwriter. Too Bisi. grin
Re: They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth? by Burmababe(f): 6:20pm On Mar 26, 2017
I wouldn't say u are dating the wrong people I say u need to b more playful and be patient. I had the same experience you had until God intervened mine was already 11
Re: They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth? by LePrezident(m): 6:44pm On Mar 26, 2017
pressplay411:

I'll need a ghostwriter. Too Bisi. grin

Lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Mother Drops A Funny Comment On Son's Facebook Pic: Make The Lips No Touch You / Wife To Husband; Yes I Slept With Another Man. What Should He Do? / Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.