Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,140 members, 7,811,210 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:42 AM

What Is The Hnd Equivalent In Usa - Career (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Is The Hnd Equivalent In Usa (107516 Views)

It Certification From The British Computer Society Equivalent To Bsc From Uk / What Does The Future Holds For The Hnd Holders? / Why This Discrimination Between B.Sc & HND? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Hnd Equivalent In Usa by Michaelshow: 7:10pm On Sep 16, 2021
Good day everyone,

I really appreciate reading through all the comments and post.

I had HND with Distinction and ND: upper credit, applied to US university late August. Got a call and mail requesting me to evaluate my transcripts with WES, ECE, SpanTran or EP.
I then requested for evaluation waiver due to some financial constraint, they said I should contact the evaluating bodies for help.

From this threads, I consider WES is the best.

Please, it possible for my institution mail WES directly with my transcripts to save posting cost @DHL ? I couldn't find WES mail for mailing means
Hope my evaluation GPA will be 3.0 above in US equivalence?
Re: What Is The Hnd Equivalent In Usa by IntrovertGuy: 10:24pm On Sep 21, 2021
Nozino:

Yes they will. You don’t have to go through evaluations again. You can use our copy or ask WES to send it to the school again for a fee. You can use it again. There’s no expiry date. I have outlined the process.

Hello Nozino, Hello socialmediaman

I want to ask a quick question.

I'm aware WES will send my evaluated result to my mailing address on file.

However, the question is, Will they send a copy to my email address too?

Thanks
Re: What Is The Hnd Equivalent In Usa by socialmediaman: 10:34pm On Sep 21, 2021
IntrovertGuy:

Thanks

They won't send a copy to your email but you can login to your account and view a digital copy of the evaluation (watermarked).

1 Like

Re: What Is The Hnd Equivalent In Usa by IntrovertGuy: 10:36pm On Sep 21, 2021
angry grin grin cheesy Thanks
socialmediaman:

They won't send a copy to your email but you can login to your account and view a digital copy of the evaluation (watermarked).
Re: What Is The Hnd Equivalent In Usa by Nozino: 11:55pm On Sep 21, 2021
IntrovertGuy:

No they won’t. But you can download the electronic copy on your profile.

Thanks
Re: What Is The Hnd Equivalent In Usa by Nozino: 11:58pm On Sep 21, 2021
Michaelshow:
Good day everyone,

I really appreciate reading through all the comments and post.

I had HND with Distinction and ND: upper credit, applied to US university late August. Got a call and mail requesting me to evaluate my transcripts with WES, ECE, SpanTran or EP.
I then requested for evaluation waiver due to some financial constraint, they said I should contact the evaluating bodies for help.

From this threads, I consider WES is the best.

Please, it possible for my institution mail WES directly with my transcripts to save posting cost @DHL ? I couldn't find WES mail for mailing means
Hope my evaluation GPA will be 3.0 above in US equivalence?

At the point of application, you would have to pay for courier. Ensure your institution uses FedEx, DHL etc but never NIPOST.
Re: What Is The Hnd Equivalent In Usa by Emmawolex22(m): 12:14am On Sep 22, 2021
What if my institution can't be found on Wes
Re: What Is The Hnd Equivalent In Usa by Nobody: 7:06am On Oct 06, 2021
Hello bro, whays the ND score like?
I'm trying to cipher how my wes score would look like.
For me:
Ond = 3.08
Hnd = 3.17
Nozino:
I finally got my WES evaluation today.

HND- 2.98

WES US evaluated GPA- 3.34/4.0

US Equivalent: Bachelor’s Degree.
Re: What Is The Hnd Equivalent In Usa by Nozino: 7:26am On Oct 06, 2021
Illumined9933:
Hello bro, whays the ND score like?
I'm trying to cipher how my wes score would look like.
For me:
Ond = 3.08
Hnd = 3.17

Hello. I really don’t understand how it works. My guess? Add 0.3 to both ND and HND CGPA and take the average. You’d arrive at something close to the final evaluated GPA.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Hnd Equivalent In Usa by Collins4u1(m): 9:09pm On Oct 21, 2021
GNwafor:
Very good and congratulation!

Yes, the process is doable.

Are you gonna apply for masters directly with it?
Re: What Is The Hnd Equivalent In Usa by Collins4u1(m): 9:39pm On Oct 21, 2021
Thank God I found this thread..
Re: What Is The Hnd Equivalent In Usa by Zuriela: 6:04am On Oct 23, 2021
Dear People, please who has contact of anyone who can help with transcripts in Fed poly Nekede?
Hell oh please.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Hnd Equivalent In Usa by Collins4u1(m): 7:06am On Oct 23, 2021
Zuriela:
Dear People, please who has contact of anyone who can help with transcripts in Fed poly Nekede?
Hell oh please.

I do oooo... I have the contact... I'm about to start mine shaa.

O81698379o1 whatsapp me
Re: What Is The Hnd Equivalent In Usa by brighttech95(m): 9:16am On Dec 27, 2021
Nozino:

Step 1 - Register on WES website

Step 2 - Pay for a course by course evaluation

Step 3- Write down your WES reference number.

Step 4 - Apply for your transcripts and have them courier it to WES. If you did your ND and HND in different schools, you have to submit different request forms. The transcript should be placed in a sealed envelope and stamped. Your WES reference number should be written on it. Please ask your school to use Dhl or FedEx. Do not use NIPOST!!

Bonus step- I didn’t know this was possible, but schools can actually send soft copies of your transcript to WES electronically. This step helped me bypass the whole verification stage.

Step 5- Wait and receive your evaluation

Bro good morning, pls can i connect with you?
Re: What Is The Hnd Equivalent In Usa by Collins4u1(m): 9:42am On Dec 27, 2021
Nozino:

HND- 2.98

Is this evaluation only for HND or both ND and HND

1 Like

Re: What Is The Hnd Equivalent In Usa by Nozino: 9:53am On Dec 27, 2021
brighttech95:

Bro good morning, pls can i connect with you?

Of course.
Re: What Is The Hnd Equivalent In Usa by IntrovertGuy: 10:55am On Dec 27, 2021
Collins4u1:

Is this evaluation only for HND or both ND and HND

Definitely Both ND & HND.

You can't do evaluation for HND without submitting ND.
Re: What Is The Hnd Equivalent In Usa by odette01(f): 5:10pm On Dec 28, 2021
socialmediaman:

Yes WES will send you a copy of the evaluated result when they finish evaluation. You can use this on your own to apply for admission, or you can always request WES to send a copy to any school that needs it. The only difference with doing it yourself and doing it through WES is that when you do it through WES, in addition to the evaluated copy, they also send a certified copy of the transcript your school sent to them initially.

Update: Some institutions may require you to send your transcripts directly from the school(s) you graduated. Call or email and tell them that you have an evaluated copy as well as a certified copy of the original transcript coming from WES.

Hello, thanks for the information so far. Please does this mean I can go for wes Basic Instead of the icap option
Re: What Is The Hnd Equivalent In Usa by IntrovertGuy: 6:15pm On Dec 28, 2021
odette01:

Hello, thanks for the information so far. Please does this mean I can go for wes Basic Instead of the icap option

If it's for educational purposes, use the ICAP
Re: What Is The Hnd Equivalent In Usa by socialmediaman: 10:06pm On Dec 28, 2021
odette01:

I’ll recommend WES ICAP because with that option, after evaluation, they keep a copy of your credential evaluation and you can order a copy to be sent to your school or employer anytime. Also, when they send a copy to your school of choice, they also include a certified copy of the original credential they received from your original school

They explained this here: https://www.wes.org/advisor-blog/wes-international-credential-advantage-package/
Re: What Is The Hnd Equivalent In Usa by nwabueze1999(m): 8:37am On Dec 31, 2021
GNwafor:
Very good and congratulation!

Yes, the process is doable.

Thank you sir.
i will be completing my HND next year (in Surveying and Geo-Informatics)
I actually wanted to do my MSC and PhD in Germany, but they don't accept HND, (I contacted Leibniz and Munster universities). so i was tied to USA as i don't have strength for Premasters in Canada.
I've seen pple getting Graduate Assistantships in America, B4 going, does it require proof of funds?

also I am studying Computer Science at UoPeople ro also add it to my CV to boost my chances.
Re: What Is The Hnd Equivalent In Usa by Sparekey(m): 1:35pm On Jan 02, 2022
Daviduch19:
So guys, I have something to show you concerning HND and BSc in the US.

I will share a mail i got from one of the schools am applying to.

Note: I didn't do WES evaluation, Because they didnt ask for it.

The message is, Be intentional

Good day boss, please can you share the mail with me?

Thanks
Re: What Is The Hnd Equivalent In Usa by Sparekey(m): 1:36pm On Jan 02, 2022
Daviduch19:
So i applied to another University with my HND and they Specifically requested for Transcript evaluation by either WES or FCSA. I intentionally informed them that i do not have the Funds and time to do WES evaluation which they accepted and recommended i do FCSA. FCSA is little bit cheaper and the transcript i have was used to do the Evaluation. The report cam out yesterday and WHoooooop My GPA of about 3.02 became 3.36. Am hoping every other thing go well as i hope to be admitted.

Guys Be intentional

Good day boss, please can you guide me on how you did this?
Re: What Is The Hnd Equivalent In Usa by Sparekey(m): 1:40pm On Jan 02, 2022
Nozino:

HND- 2.98

Good day boss, please how were you able to do this? Can you guide me?
Re: What Is The Hnd Equivalent In Usa by Nozino: 6:17pm On Jan 02, 2022
Sparekey:

Good day boss, please how were you able to do this? Can you guide me?

Hello. The steps are already explained on this thread.
Re: What Is The Hnd Equivalent In Usa by redeff06: 6:51pm On Jan 02, 2022
PASHA1:

HND is the worst qualification especially in engineering. You Think that you are an engineer, but you are not. You are not a technician as well becuase you are a bit higher in level. If you were Newton but with HND, then you are nothing. It is a respectless qualification. My best advice is to and study for a degree starting from zero. I have lost my hair because of HND.

You are talking trash. Polytechnic education is still the best in any developing nations. Polytechnic education helps drive the technological status of any territory in the blue ball. Have you forgotten that the greatest physicist of all time, Albert Einstein, was a polytechnic graduate. His global and revolutionary scientific achievement can be attributed to the concrete academic background he had received while in the polytechnic.

No nation can technologically thrive without polytechnic education. They offer more and better practical- based knowledge than your Bsc.
Re: What Is The Hnd Equivalent In Usa by 812clothings(m): 5:06pm On Jan 03, 2022
Sorry guys. Thanks for the thread. Is there a list of US universities that accept HND directly from masters
Re: What Is The Hnd Equivalent In Usa by redeff06: 8:36pm On Jan 03, 2022
812clothings:
Sorry guys. Thanks for the thread. Is there a list of US universities that accept HND directly from masters

No. But you can convert your HND to BsC through HND conversion program offered by some universities across the world. You can Google the list of universities that runs such program in a specific country.
Re: What Is The Hnd Equivalent In Usa by Beckhamru: 8:07pm On Jan 16, 2022
Please guys, which school in the US can I apply for a masters degree program without requesting for GRE, English proficiency and others?
Kindly assist.
Thanks
Re: What Is The Hnd Equivalent In Usa by odette01(f): 8:32pm On Jan 18, 2022
socialmediaman:

I’ll recommend WES ICAP because with that option, after evaluation, they keep a copy of your credential evaluation and you can order a copy to be sent to your school or employer anytime. Also, when they send a copy to your school of choice, they also include a certified copy of the original credential they received from your original school

They explained this here: https://www.wes.org/advisor-blog/wes-international-credential-advantage-package/

Thanks
Re: What Is The Hnd Equivalent In Usa by RENOWNED2(m): 11:02pm On Jan 27, 2022
Nozino:

Hello. I really don’t understand how it works. My guess? Add 0.3 to both ND and HND CGPA and take the average. You’d arrive at something close to the final evaluated GPA.

Good evening bro.

You wrote on the previous page that your transcript was sent electronically. Did you specifically ask for this?
What school did you graduate from?
Re: What Is The Hnd Equivalent In Usa by Nozino: 11:04pm On Jan 27, 2022
RENOWNED2:

Good evening bro.

You wrote on the previous page that your transcript was sent electronically. Did you specifically ask for this?
What school did you graduate from?

I didn’t. I didn’t know it was possible sef. I did use a link directly in transcript office. Auchi Polytechnic.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Abdulazeez Fatima: Pretty Police Officer's Photo Goes Viral / Why Do Morticians Knock At Door Before Entering The Mortuary? Scary Experiences / Cute Photos Of Policewoman, Nkeiru Nwode, Got Admirers Talking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.