Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,903 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:04 PM

What Is The Hnd Equivalent In Usa - Career (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Is The Hnd Equivalent In Usa (107501 Views)

It Certification From The British Computer Society Equivalent To Bsc From Uk / What Does The Future Holds For The Hnd Holders? / Why This Discrimination Between B.Sc & HND? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Hnd Equivalent In Usa by RENOWNED2(m): 11:09pm On Jan 27, 2022
Nozino:

I didn’t. I didn’t know it was possible sef. I did use a link directly in transcript office. Auchi Polytechnic.

That's splendid.

I asked because I was looking at applying for an e- transcript from my alma mata. There's the option for applying for international transcript but the only delivery method is courier.

I hope it can be done electronically but I'm skeptical. I will have to visit my school, even the, I have low hopes.
Re: What Is The Hnd Equivalent In Usa by RENOWNED2(m): 11:11pm On Jan 27, 2022
Nozino:

I didn’t. I didn’t know it was possible sef. I did use a link directly in transcript office. Auchi Polytechnic.

When you say ' use a link ', what exactly do you mean?
Re: What Is The Hnd Equivalent In Usa by Nozino: 11:17pm On Jan 27, 2022
RENOWNED2:

That's splendid.

I asked because I was looking at applying for an e- transcript from my alma mata. There's the option for applying for international transcript but the only delivery method is courier.

I hope it can be done electronically but I'm skeptical. I will have to visit my school, even the, I have low hopes.

Please, don’t get it wrong. My school did send a hard copy via courier to WES.

My link also helped send a copy of the mailed transcripts electronically to WES to skip the verification part of the process.
Re: What Is The Hnd Equivalent In Usa by Nozino: 11:17pm On Jan 27, 2022
RENOWNED2:

When you say ' use a link ', what exactly do you mean?

Aren’t you a Nigerian?
Re: What Is The Hnd Equivalent In Usa by RENOWNED2(m): 11:19pm On Jan 27, 2022
Nozino:

My link also helped send a copy of the mailed transcripts electronically to WES to skip the verification part of the process.

Alright.

I appreciate the help. One last thing, how long did the whole process take?
Re: What Is The Hnd Equivalent In Usa by Nozino: 11:22pm On Jan 27, 2022
RENOWNED2:

Alright.

I appreciate the help. One last thing, how long did the whole process take?

Mine was very fast. I think less than a month. My school sent my transcripts in less than two weeks after I applied, and the evaluation proper took 13days.

Ps: I haven’t been able to respond to emails from Nairaland for weeks now.
Re: What Is The Hnd Equivalent In Usa by RENOWNED2(m): 11:28pm On Jan 27, 2022
Nozino:

Mine was very fast. I think less than a month. My school sent my transcripts in less than two weeks after I applied, and the evaluation proper took 13days.

No worries. Reply whenever you can.

Thanks again.
Re: What Is The Hnd Equivalent In Usa by DeaeneieeRee: 12:11am On Feb 05, 2022
Please who has gotten verification done for WES from federal polytechnic Mubi. I would like to get a contact if any to enable me follow up on verification of transcripts. Please if you have a contact please share. Thank you
Re: What Is The Hnd Equivalent In Usa by vicdom(m): 7:57pm On Feb 16, 2022
Nozino:

Of course.
Please when adding credential details, do you add OND first before HND?? And when adding OND, should I include the year of my IT?? for an example, I started 2007 and finished 2009. Should I include 2010 which is my IT year which will now becomes 2007 - 2010??

CC: socialmediaman

Re: What Is The Hnd Equivalent In Usa by vicdom(m): 8:06pm On Feb 16, 2022
Nozino:

Re: What Is The Hnd Equivalent In Usa by Nozino: 10:03pm On Feb 16, 2022
vicdom:

Please when adding credential details, do you add OND first before HND?? And when adding OND, should I include the year of my IT?? for an example, I started 2007 and finished 2009. Should I include 2010 which is my IT year which will now becomes 2007 - 2010??

Yes you do.
Re: What Is The Hnd Equivalent In Usa by vicdom(m): 10:31pm On Feb 16, 2022
Nozino:

Yes you do.
Please, elaborate... I don't understand
Re: What Is The Hnd Equivalent In Usa by Nozino: 11:28pm On Feb 16, 2022
vicdom:

Please, elaborate... I don't understand

You need both your ND and HND. You’re evaluating both. HND isn’t a stand alone diploma.

You also need to state the one year internship. It is compulsory and a requirement for admission into HND programs.

Your profile should look like

ND - Chemical Engineering
2007-2009

One year internship
2009-2010

HND
2010-2012

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Hnd Equivalent In Usa by vicdom(m): 7:25am On Feb 17, 2022
Nozino:

You need both your ND and HND. You’re evaluating both. HND isn’t a stand alone diploma.

You also need to state the one year internship. It is compulsory and a requirement for admission into HND programs.

2007-2009

One year internship
2009-2010

HND
2010-2012

Okay boss.. Thanks
Re: What Is The Hnd Equivalent In Usa by vicdom(m): 9:01am On Feb 17, 2022
Nozino:

2007-2009

One year internship
2009-2010

HND
2010-2012

Boss, there's confusion. The request form I downloaded is showing me WES Canada mailing address rather than WES US mailing address since my account registered is for WES US account.

Re: What Is The Hnd Equivalent In Usa by akaahs(m): 12:57pm On Feb 18, 2022
PASHA1:

HND is the worst qualification especially in engineering. You Think that you are an engineer, but you are not. You are not a technician as well becuase you are a bit higher in level. If you were Newton but with HND, then you are nothing. It is a respectless qualification. My best advice is to and study for a degree starting from zero. I have lost my hair because of HND.
On point sir. Ju
vicdom:

Boss, there's confusion. The request form I downloaded is showing me WES Canada mailing address rather than WES US mailing address since my account registered is for WES US account.

On point sir. Just imagine after one pgd, u not an engineer in the eye of COREN until you cap it with master.
Re: What Is The Hnd Equivalent In Usa by vicdom(m): 5:05pm On Mar 04, 2022
akaahs:

On point sir. Ju
On point sir. Just imagine after one pgd, u not an engineer in the eye of COREN until you cap it with master.
Virginia State University confirmed that one with HND, ie. OND and HND can equally apply. They wrote to me confirming that.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Hnd Equivalent In Usa by pemisire017(m): 7:08pm On Mar 07, 2022
Please, how do I get my wes reference number
Re: What Is The Hnd Equivalent In Usa by Pascal88: 12:11pm On Mar 24, 2022
While applying for your Msc, did you forward your ND and HND transcripts to your school?
Re: What Is The Hnd Equivalent In Usa by RENOWNED2(m): 2:05am On Apr 14, 2022
Nozino:

Bro, good morning.

I'm in the process of sending my docs to WES.

What delivery service did you use? And how much?

Did you put the photocopy of your certificate in the same envelope as the transcript or was it sent differently or is there a way I can just scan my results and send to WES.

Abeg reply fast. It's urgent
Re: What Is The Hnd Equivalent In Usa by Nozino: 4:40am On Apr 14, 2022
RENOWNED2:

Bro, good morning.

I'm in the process of sending my docs to WES.

What delivery service did you use? And how much?

Did you put the photocopy of your certificate in the same envelope as the transcript or was it sent differently or is there a way I can just scan my results and send to WES.

Abeg reply fast. It's urgent

Hello. My school sent my transcript to WES and they use DHL for international delivery. I only paid less than 20k to my school.

You usually upload a scanned copy online.
Re: What Is The Hnd Equivalent In Usa by Carmal90(m): 8:01am On Apr 14, 2022
Nozino:

Hello. My school sent my transcript to WES and they use DHL for international delivery. I only paid less than 20k to my school.

I want to ask, do WES need only electronically transmitted transcript, the hard copies from my school or BOTH?
Re: What Is The Hnd Equivalent In Usa by RENOWNED2(m): 9:53am On Apr 14, 2022
Nozino:

Thanks brother.

Last question do you have a degree certificate it was a statement of result acceptable?
Re: What Is The Hnd Equivalent In Usa by Nozino: 11:09am On Apr 14, 2022
Carmal90:

I want to ask, do WES need only electronically transmitted transcript, the hard copies from my school or BOTH?

Better you send both. They may not need to verify it again from your school.
Re: What Is The Hnd Equivalent In Usa by Nozino: 11:10am On Apr 14, 2022
RENOWNED2:

Thanks brother.

Last question do you have a degree certificate it was a statement of result acceptable?

I uploaded my statement of result.
Re: What Is The Hnd Equivalent In Usa by Carmal90(m): 12:15pm On Apr 14, 2022
Nozino:

Better you send both. They may not need to verify it again from your school.

I am asking here because I have my student version of my transcript with me, though I wouldn't mind going to my school for them to send directly, I am only trying to save cost if me sending the hard copy is not necessary.
Re: What Is The Hnd Equivalent In Usa by Nozino: 12:20pm On Apr 14, 2022
Carmal90:

I am asking here because I have my student version of my transcript with me, though I wouldn't mind going to my school for them to send directly, I am only trying to save cost if me sending the hard copy is not necessary.

WES won’t accept transcript from you. They have to come directly from the institution. Have your school send hard copies and electronic copy if they can.
Re: What Is The Hnd Equivalent In Usa by Carmal90(m): 2:00pm On Apr 14, 2022
Nozino:

WES won’t accept transcript from you. They have to come directly from the institution. Have your school send hard copies and electronic copy if they can.

Thanks
Re: What Is The Hnd Equivalent In Usa by brighttech95(m): 5:59am On Apr 25, 2022
vicdom:

Virginia State University confirmed that one with HND, ie. OND and HND can equally apply. They wrote to me confirming that.

I got a similar response from them too last month.
Hopefully would try it out once I'm done processing all necessary documents.
Re: What Is The Hnd Equivalent In Usa by RENOWNED2(m): 2:16pm On Apr 28, 2022
Nozino:

Thanks.

How do I pay 218 dollars from Nigeria though? With the forex restrictions.
Re: What Is The Hnd Equivalent In Usa by Carmal90(m): 2:52pm On Apr 28, 2022
RENOWNED2:

Thanks.

How do I pay 218 dollars from Nigeria though? With the forex restrictions.

Open a domiciliary account, get a card and fund.
Re: What Is The Hnd Equivalent In Usa by RENOWNED2(m): 2:53pm On Apr 28, 2022
Carmal90:

Open a domiciliary account, get a card and fund.
Too much stress. Any easier way?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Abdulazeez Fatima: Pretty Police Officer's Photo Goes Viral / Why Do Morticians Knock At Door Before Entering The Mortuary? Scary Experiences / Cute Photos Of Policewoman, Nkeiru Nwode, Got Admirers Talking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.