Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,729 members, 7,813,405 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:56 AM

The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread (67309 Views)

What Nigerians Are Saying About The Voice Nigeria Season 2 / Idyl Is The Winner Of Voice Nigeria Season 2 / The Voice Nigeria Season 2 Auditions Are Here!!! (Venues & Dates) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by junnyjake(m): 10:17am On Aug 02, 2017
homesteady:

He sounded like John Legend almost throughout sef, the song was just perfect for him. If she had done more vocal gra gra like IDYL, I think she would have won.

Happiness deserved to be stolen, don't you think?
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by homesteady(m): 12:19pm On Aug 02, 2017
junnyjake:

Happiness deserved to be stolen, don't you think?

Yes ohh! She was one of the best vocalist in that episode. Yemi Alade should have stolen her, because her team girls are just there.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by junnyjake(m): 12:35pm On Aug 02, 2017
homesteady:

Yes ohh! She was one of the best vocalist in that episode. Yemi Alade should have stolen her, because her team girls are just there.

Seriously, and some unenlightened folks were saying Timi went with idyl because he's from Bayelsa too.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by opeaceo: 6:15pm On Aug 02, 2017
junnyjake:

Seriously, and some unenlightened folks were saying Timi went with idyl because he's from Bayelsa too.

Nigerians love playing the ethnic card when it doesn't favour them.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by opeaceo: 6:18pm On Aug 02, 2017
homesteady:

shocked shocked shocked shocked Kelvin left? How? Why?

Yemi Alade has lost her best weapon ohhh!

Personal issues, you must have watched the highlights reel, I'm so pissed G6 left the show quite early.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by junnyjake(m): 6:54pm On Aug 02, 2017
opeaceo:

Nigerians love playing the ethnic card when it doesn't favour them.
Pathetic.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by Dainikel(m): 1:44pm On Aug 03, 2017
amblors:
I really do like Daniel mostly based off his audition, he didn't seem to bring much in the battle. Glad he was stolen.
I did enjoy Daniel's audition but I just didn't feel his battle with Efezino...would be on the look out to what he brings on the liveshows
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by Dainikel(m): 1:47pm On Aug 03, 2017
homesteady:

shocked shocked shocked shocked Kelvin left? How? Why?

Yemi Alade has lost her best weapon ohhh!
Jahtell is really a lucky dude to head straight to the liveshows, he might not have been that lucky if Kelvin hadn't left

1 Like

Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by junnyjake(m): 12:27am On Aug 06, 2017
Dainikel:

I did enjoy Daniel's audition but I just didn't feel his battle with Efezino...would be on the look out to what he brings on the liveshows

It has a little to do with the song they were given.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by enque(f): 7:51pm On Aug 06, 2017
Who's watching the battle rounds?
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by 1realBobby(m): 8:20pm On Aug 06, 2017
enque:
Who's watching the battle rounds?
it's going pretty well... G6 has been the only one wrongly sent home thus far
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by enque(f): 8:38pm On Aug 06, 2017
1realBobby:

Yeah true

Thank God Yemi stole wilson...smallie with big voice
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by opeaceo: 8:31am On Aug 07, 2017
There's this thing I have with bad rendition and delivery of good songs, when I hear them, I tend to almost hate the original song. Those 2 ladies on Yemis team singing "no hair, no hair". Terrible performance, annoying rendition, mtscheeeww.

For Obichi and Isaac, honestly, I wanted Isaac to shut up so badly, he was lost. Obichi scaled through.

Blessed vs Bada, in Patorankings voice, nobody bada than Bada.

Wolei vs Majeeka, both went through with Timi stealing wolei

Tama vs Annie, Annie went through.

Wilson was stolen, Fair show!
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by Ama80(f): 1:40pm On Aug 07, 2017
I have saved glowrie and Wilson's presentation.d best battle ever on d voice.and to think dat glowrie narrowly made it in her audition made her more interesting.worldclass performance.

1 Like

Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by homesteady(m): 2:25pm On Aug 07, 2017
I was just angry with some of the battles, like this two.
1) Obichi vs Isaac - I kept on waiting for them to battle, but they didn't until about when it was about to end then they just did a pseudo battle. What was Waje thinking by giving them that song? The song did not just allow the two of them to display their awesomeness. Epic fail for me.

2) Those no air girls - like WTH? The both of them need to go because of that battle. Me that I am a boy, I would have sang a higher pitch than they did! Very very lazy performance. No No No.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by 1realBobby(m): 8:46pm On Aug 07, 2017
enque:

Yeah true

Thank God Yemi stole wilson...smallie with big voice
that dude would go far but cannot win the show definitely... He lacks that 'winner's swag'...
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by Dainikel(m): 4:11pm On Aug 08, 2017
Ama80:
I have saved glowrie and Wilson's presentation.d best battle ever on d voice.and to think dat glowrie narrowly made it in her audition made her more interesting.worldclass performance.
To be candid Glowrie did surprise me...still can't believe the transformation

2 Likes

Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by amblors(m): 8:32pm On Aug 08, 2017
Dainikel:

To be candid Glowrie did surprise me...still can't believe the transformation

I don't think it's a transformation. She's got pipes
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by junnyjake(m): 12:58am On Aug 11, 2017
1realBobby:
that dude would go far but cannot win the show definitely... He lacks that 'winner's swag'...

What he lacks, bada has it - his presence is felt on stage, he can stand from up there and fill the place up with his voice, his performance shows he's confident.

Blessed tried, but he was never going to beat bada.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by junnyjake(m): 1:04am On Aug 11, 2017
homesteady:
I was just angry with some of the battles, like this two.
1) Obichi vs Isaac - I kept on waiting for them to battle, but they didn't until about when it was about to end then they just did a pseudo battle. What was Waje thinking by giving them that song? The song did not just allow the two of them to display their awesomeness. Epic fail for me.

2) Those no air girls - like WTH? The both of them need to go because of that battle. Me that I am a boy, I would have sang a higher pitch than they did! Very very lazy performance. No No No.

I totally agree with you, for Issac and CO, the song choice wasn't just it. Isaac's "Romanthic" for "Romantic" was really amusing.

For the No air performance?? If I were Pato I'd send both of them home, what was that? Their movement on stage was rubbish, their delivery of the song was at best sub-par of what everyone was expecting.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by junnyjake(m): 1:05am On Aug 11, 2017
1realBobby:

What about Happiness??
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by 1realBobby(m): 9:49pm On Aug 11, 2017
junnyjake:

What about Happiness??
Happiness was great also but g6 was just too good to be sent home and moreover, he did better than jahtell in that song

1 Like

Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by 1realBobby(m): 9:52pm On Aug 11, 2017
junnyjake:

What he lacks, bada has it - his presence is felt on stage, he can stand from up there and fill the place up with his voice, his performance shows he's confident.

Blessed tried, but he was never going to beat bada.
His over confidence would be the reason he'd go home on time..
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by junnyjake(m): 10:50pm On Aug 11, 2017
1realBobby:
His over confidence would be the reason he'd go home on time..
Could be true, can't wait for Chike's performance though.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by junnyjake(m): 10:53pm On Aug 11, 2017
1realBobby:

Happiness was great also but g6 was just too good to be sent home and moreover, he did better than jahtell in that song

I'm not dismissing G6's excellent performance, I wished he was stolen.

Happiness was as good.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by 1realBobby(m): 12:14pm On Aug 12, 2017
junnyjake:

Could be true, can't wait for Chike's performance though.

Patoranking would definitely save him... Not because he is so good, I think his brother's achievements would definitely rob off on him
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by junnyjake(m): 2:21pm On Aug 12, 2017
1realBobby:

Patoranking would definitely save him... Not because he is so good, I think his brother's achievements would definitely rob off on him

Yeah, his brother's performance from last season would surely give him that extra edge.
The guy is good though.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by amblors(m): 1:55pm On Aug 13, 2017
Chikes bro is good really loved his performance. One of the best voices on the show if u ask me based off his audition.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by junnyjake(m): 3:54pm On Aug 13, 2017
amblors:
Chikes bro is good really loved his performance. One of the best voices on the show if u ask me based off his audition.

Those who know him personally, told me to expect more from him.

Let's keep our fingers crossed.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by enque(f): 7:18pm On Aug 13, 2017
Chike's bro na hot puff puff o...
see as all the coaches want to steal him

2 Likes

Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by amblors(m): 8:36pm On Aug 13, 2017
Pato made a silly choice by letting chikes bro go. Yes the other guy won on the nite but chikes bro will prob go farther . Timi and waje that didn't turn during the blind audition were quick to pounce with a steal, Pato prob realised say him don shyt for church and pressed steal button. Hilarious . That been said today's battles were OnPoint.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by opeaceo: 10:00pm On Aug 13, 2017
amblors:
Pato made a silly choice by letting chikes bro go. Yes the other guy won on the nite but chikes bro will prob go farther . Timi and waje that didn't turn during the blind audition were quick to pounce with a steal, Pato prob realised say him don shyt for church and pressed steal button. Hilarious . That been said today's battles were OnPoint.

I think I'm the only one who feels Chikes brother doesn't have that extra touch. He's a good singer, and that's just it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

Nigerians Say Goodbye To Frank Edoho, "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?" / Gifty Of Big Brother Naija Is Married To David Sorochukwu Akumah (Photos) / BBNAIJA: The Look On Esther's Face After Catching Khafi & Gedoni In Bed Trends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.