Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,833 members, 7,813,782 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:14 PM

The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread - TV/Movies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread (67319 Views)

What Nigerians Are Saying About The Voice Nigeria Season 2 / Idyl Is The Winner Of Voice Nigeria Season 2 / The Voice Nigeria Season 2 Auditions Are Here!!! (Venues & Dates) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by blessingee: 4:40pm On Aug 16, 2017
sgtponzihater1:

Wolei won dat battle hands down. It's not easy for a male to stand with a female range for range, but as usual Yemi Alade showed her bais again. I would have stopped watching the show if he wasn't saved.

Yemi really pissed me off that day!
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by ImaIma1(f): 4:43pm On Aug 16, 2017
obakore20:

Finally pairing a male and a female to sing is not always a good decision, women naturally have higher ranges and their high pitch and being able to belt at a higher octave may be mistaken for better singing.

I totally agree with you on this.

But the guys always seem to fair better. See Precious and that young guy with glasses. Yemi didnt pick him because she always picks the girls. But i think he was better
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by adeoba5(m): 4:59pm On Aug 16, 2017
Still waiting for the girl who sang the National Anthem during the blinds or has she done her battle ni
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by adeoba5(m): 5:05pm On Aug 16, 2017
Always knew bunmi will make it to the lives glad for her sha.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by Allsmyles(f): 5:15pm On Aug 16, 2017
adeoba5:
Still waiting for the girl who sang the National Anthem during the blinds or has she done her battle ni
Thats true oh, you just reminded me of the lovely classical singer

1 Like

Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by bidak(m): 5:21pm On Aug 16, 2017
sgtponzihater1:
Sgt Ponzi Hater greets all the good men here.
My Analysis:

1. Kendris deservingly won, he sang better and has a sweet, impeccable RnB tone. The lady was no match to Kendris, so she wanted to create a bias by constantly belting. At the end Timi choose not out of the performance, but what he felt and knew about both contestants.

2. Wow is good, but he used maturity, old age and strong head to win the night. He will probably go far because he know how to use the stage.

3. Afolayan finished Yemica. I feel Yemica though handsomeness and swag could win a contest, he now know it's wrong. I wonder if Afolayan has anything more to offer though.

4. Ebube and Grey: If it was possible they should have been shown the way out, because other more deserving contestant left the game. This 2 IBO men no just try at all. Grey has a better voice sha, but Ebube performed better and was stolen. I like grey more sha

5. Precious is a problem oh, that guy is just in this season to cause Kasala and wahala for other contestants. Such people hardly make good musicians though because he doesn't have a unique signature tone but is a pitch machine who can shout for Africe, Europe and America, Grace was unlucky to be paired with such a problematic person, no matter the range she went precious go follow am even add jara.

6. The guy did better in my opinion in the ASA song. In fact patoranking pulled his shoe because of him, he only decided to share it to them both for diplomacy sake. Yemi Alade's bais towards men has become glaring for all to see and may become her greatest undoing in the coming seasons.

Finally pairing a male and a female to sing is not always a good decision, women naturally have higher ranges and their high pitch and being able to belt at a higher octave may be mistaken for better singing.

I am open to criticism from music enthusiasts because I very sincerely want to learn this beautiful art of music.

Ponzi Hater.
Really don't understand why anyone will pick Wumi over yimika, especially when signing asa song
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by nzgal: 5:26pm On Aug 16, 2017
blessingee:
Just saw this on twitter...Do you agree?

Pato is the clown.
Timi the stuffy preacher.
Waje, the Over Sabi.
And Yemi, the dumb blonde

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by MoyoGENERAL: 5:29pm On Aug 16, 2017
To be honest, Yemi shouldnt be a coach! Her judgemental skill is poor! Wolei and Yimika are my two best performers so far. Wolei's falsetto is wow, he and majeeka did the toh-bad song better than niyiola sef! Yimika's range also was wow!..thank God they both got saved!..btw,who did the judge save between the two guys that sang 'Awe' by asa?
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by blessingee: 5:34pm On Aug 16, 2017
MoyoGENERAL:
To be honest, Yemi shouldnt be a coach! Her judgemental skill is poor! Wolei and Yimika are my two best performers so far. Wolei's falsetto is wow, he and majeeka did the toh-bad song better than niyiola sef! Yimika's range also was wow!..thank God they both got saved!..btw,who did the judge save between the two guys that sang 'Awe' by asa?

You mean the battle between Yimika and Bunmi - Eye Adaba by Asa?

Bunmi was picked by Yemi, while Timi and Pato stole Yimika

Yimika eventually chose Pato.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by Nobody: 5:37pm On Aug 16, 2017
sgtponzihater1:

Wolei won dat battle hands down. It's not easy for a male to stand with a female range for range, but as usual Yemi Alade showed her bais again. I would have stopped watching the show if he wasn't saved.
twas probably a calculated risk..
she knew wolei would be stolen if she choosed majeeka..
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by KayLayChi: 5:47pm On Aug 16, 2017
I missed last week's show, and I have watched the highlights on Youtube.

But I want to watch the full show, please who knows when the air the repeat.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by northvietnam(m): 6:17pm On Aug 16, 2017
yemi is too bias...
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by sgtponzihater1(m): 6:28pm On Aug 16, 2017
Souljeezy:

twas probably a calculated risk..
she knew wolei would be stolen if she choosed majeeka..

Dont really think so sha. Would have felt so if not for her other obviously poor antecedence and errors in judgement.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by Nobody: 6:30pm On Aug 16, 2017
Dainikel:

The dude that followed Jahtell(the fat lady) isn't her hubby;they are close pals. That dude('ileh something' can't remember his name) has been ushered to the liveshow already since his battle mate Kelvin Audu left the show for personal reasons.
they are siblings

1 Like

Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by MoyoGENERAL: 6:52pm On Aug 16, 2017
blessingee:

No not that! May be I'll check out the video highlights again.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by MoyoGENERAL: 6:52pm On Aug 16, 2017
blessingee:

No not that!
May be I'll check out the video highlights again.

Modified

#Twas Efezino vs Daniel#
Efezino was picked by Waje, Daniel was saved by Pato!
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by blessingee: 7:03pm On Aug 16, 2017
MoyoGENERAL:

No not that!
May be I'll check out the video highlights again.

Modified

#Twas Efezino vs Daniel#
Efezino was picked by Waje, Daniel was saved by Pato!

Oh, Ok!
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by Dainikel(m): 8:51pm On Aug 16, 2017
ikechizoba:

they are siblings
Yeah I just realised
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by homesteady(m): 8:51pm On Aug 16, 2017
fpeter:

Please, it's the episode i was referring to. Please do you know all the songs that were performed that night?
I'm trying to remember one particular love song that was performed that night.

Beneath your beautiful - Labrinth ft Emelie Sande.

It should be this or

Hurt you - Toni Braxton ft Babyface.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by Dainikel(m): 8:55pm On Aug 16, 2017
adeoba5:
U mean Sandra Osamor ryt? Waiting for her battles lyk the next episode of GOT.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by homesteady(m): 8:56pm On Aug 16, 2017
adeoba5:

No she hasn't!

Sunday battles would be very interesting.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by homesteady(m): 8:59pm On Aug 16, 2017
blessingee:

Pato is the clown.
Waje, the Over Sabi.

I haven't really seen the judges comment because they don't upload it on YouTube, but with the few comments I've heard, I quite agree, especially the Patoranking part.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by Dainikel(m): 8:59pm On Aug 16, 2017
blessingee:
The battle i have enjoyed the most still remains Majeeka Vs Wolei - Toh Bad by Sheyi Shay

I have watched it like a billion times, especially that falsetto part done by Wolei, electrifying!
It's actually by Niyola. Majeeka & Wolei took that song to a whole different level. Wolei is just a raw talent, his falsetto is wow!
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by homesteady(m): 9:00pm On Aug 16, 2017
sgtponzihater1:

I'm not dat bad my brother. People in disagreement can have something in common. The voice Nigeria has proven to be d best among music reality shows in this country, hands down.

You still remember my username abi? grin
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by adeoba5(m): 10:38pm On Aug 16, 2017
KayLayChi:
I missed last week's show, and I have watched the highlights on Youtube.

But I want to watch the full show, please who knows when the air the repeat.
you can watch it also at YouTube just search the voice Nigeria 2 highlights reel 1 It depends Which you want to watch. I watched all episodes in YouTube including the blinds.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by therockz(m): 11:23pm On Aug 16, 2017
adeoba5:
m waiting for her too but honestly she didn't wow me during the blinds... av seen better performances of the Nigerian anthem n then concerning the yimika matter I think yemi did what she did like a said for the sake of the show... it was obvious that pato was just waiting to still bunmi but nobody deserved to go home after that performance..n the truth is if she didn't pick yimika she may have not seen the light of day... n I don't want that to happen cause she has so so much potential... I can tell
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by junnyjake(m): 12:51am On Aug 17, 2017
adeoba5:
you can watch it also at YouTube just search the voice Nigeria 2 highlights reel 1 It depends Which you want to watch. I watched all episodes in YouTube including the blinds.

The ones on YouTube are short, the full ones are lengthier, usually about an hour and half.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by junnyjake(m): 12:53am On Aug 17, 2017
blessingee:

Pato is the clown.
Waje, the Over Sabi.

None of them are as hard on the contestants as I would have loved them to be.

BTW, I agree mostly with the assertions above.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by junnyjake(m): 12:56am On Aug 17, 2017
homesteady:

I just dey pity her. The girls in her team are not as good as the girls in Timi and Waje team, the boys she had were the only potent weapons she had, and she is letting them go over some useless sentiment.

I agree.

Letting Wolei and bummi leave would be her greatest undoing as the show continues.

I can guarantee that.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by Bait002: 6:39am On Aug 17, 2017
A MUST WATCH!!!
JUDGES WERE STUNNED AT THE UNIPORT GIRL DURING THE SPLASH HEROES TALENT SHOW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=us2HkSwOcAk
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by amblors(m): 6:55am On Aug 17, 2017
junnyjake:

I agree.

Letting Wolei and bummi leave would be her greatest undoing as the show continues.

I can guarantee that.

She didn't let bunmi leave
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by Dainikel(m): 7:25am On Aug 17, 2017
therockz:
m waiting for her too but honestly she didn't wow me during the blinds... av seen better performances of the Nigerian anthem n then concerning the yimika matter I think yemi did what she did like a said for the sake of the show... it was obvious that pato was just waiting to still bunmi but nobody deserved to go home after that performance..n the truth is if she didn't pick yimika she may have not seen the light of day... n I don't want that to happen cause she has so so much potential... I can tell
You got it all mixed up bro, Yemi Alade saved Bunmi & left Yimika to the other coaches to steal of which Pato came on board

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (25) (Reply)

Gifty Of Big Brother Naija Is Married To David Sorochukwu Akumah (Photos) / BBNAIJA: The Look On Esther's Face After Catching Khafi & Gedoni In Bed Trends / How Much Do Nollywood Actors/actresses Make Per Movie?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.