Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,754 members, 7,813,492 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:59 PM

The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread - TV/Movies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread (67312 Views)

What Nigerians Are Saying About The Voice Nigeria Season 2 / Idyl Is The Winner Of Voice Nigeria Season 2 / The Voice Nigeria Season 2 Auditions Are Here!!! (Venues & Dates) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by SORVEY: 2:20pm On Aug 16, 2017
Visit umimovies .Net fast Free and latest Hollywood Bollywood, Movies News and YouTube video downloader button
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by Acidosis(m): 2:27pm On Aug 16, 2017
therockz:
I criticized yemi for choosing based on sentiment in the auditions but now I've seen her sentiment may just make her the winning judge... simika vs bunmi was OMG...personally I thought simika didn't deserve to be in the show...she,gray n the twins... but it seems she has been transformed... she still sounds very flat but her tone has the edgy yet girly vibe to it...I do think bunmi did better but I think yemi made the right choice, for a performance like that none of them deserved to leave... if yemi saved bunmi, nobody may have saved simika n I don't want that cause the girl isn't halfway to reaching her potential... GREAT LOSS FOR YEMI losing bunmi but GREAT WIN FOR THE SHOW saving simika

Its indeed a great loss for Yemi. I see Bunmi at the top, however, he shouldn't be too "overconfident." He should remember how Efe of BBN got to the top. Talent isn't enough sometimes... Nigerians are very sensitive people, they can spot and smell pride/attitude issues from afar. 'Emekus' (Emeka) of MTN Project Fame stayed till the very last minute because of people's perception about him, ideally, he didn't deserve to be on the show, same with Efe of BBN.

Yemi's judgement was based on sentiments...a lot must have occurred during the grooming/training sessions.. We don't get to see everything, so I'm assuming Yemi's choice was predetermined.

2 Likes

Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by piagetskinner(m): 2:31pm On Aug 16, 2017
what day is this program aired?...and what channel for dstv?
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by Acidosis(m): 2:35pm On Aug 16, 2017
piagetskinner:
what day is this program aired?...and what channel for dstv?

Africa Magic Urban, Sunday 8pm
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by misspineapple(f): 2:38pm On Aug 16, 2017
Okay
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by sgtponzihater1(m): 2:40pm On Aug 16, 2017
Sgt Ponzi Hater greets all the good men here.
My Analysis:

1. Kendris deservingly won, he sang better and has a sweet, impeccable RnB tone. The lady was no match to Kendris, so she wanted to create a bias by constantly belting. At the end Timi choose not out of the performance, but what he felt and knew about both contestants.

2. Wow is good, but he used maturity, old age and strong head to win the night. He will probably go far because he knows how to use the stage.

3. Afolayan finished Yemica. I feel Yemica thought handsomeness and swag could win a contest, he now knows it's a wrong approach. I wonder if Afolayan has anything more to offer though.

4. Ebube and Grey: If it was possible they should have been shown the way out, because other more deserving contestants left the game. These 2 IBO men no just try at all. Grey has a better voice sha, but Ebube performed better and was stolen. I like grey more sha

5. Precious is a problem oh, that guy is just in this season to cause Kasala and wahala for other contestants. Such people hardly make good musicians though because he doesn't have a unique signature tone but is a pitch machine who can shout for Africa, Europe and America, Grace was unlucky to be paired with such a problematic person, no matter the range she went precious go follow am even add jara.

6. The guy did better in my opinion in the ASA song. In fact patoranking pulled his shoe because of him, he only decided to share it to them both for diplomacy sake. Yemi Alade's bais towards men has become glaring for all to see and may become her greatest undoing in the coming seasons.

Finally pairing a male and a female to sing is not always a good decision, women naturally have higher ranges and their high pitch and being able to belt at a higher octave may be mistaken for better singing.

I am open to criticism from music enthusiasts because I very sincerely want to learn this beautiful art of music.

Ponzi Hater.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by veekid(m): 2:42pm On Aug 16, 2017
therockz:
I criticized yemi for choosing based on sentiment in the auditions but now I've seen her sentiment may just make her the winning judge... simika vs bunmi was OMG...personally I thought simika didn't deserve to be in the show...she,gray n the twins... but it seems she has been transformed... she still sounds very flat but her tone has the edgy yet girly vibe to it...I do think bunmi did better but I think yemi made the right choice, for a performance like that none of them deserved to leave... if yemi saved bunmi, nobody may have saved simika n I don't want that cause the girl isn't halfway to reaching her potential... GREAT LOSS FOR YEMI losing bunmi but GREAT WIN FOR THE SHOW saving simika
Yimika you mean?
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by piagetskinner(m): 2:44pm On Aug 16, 2017
Acidosis:

OK thanks
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by mysticgal(f): 2:55pm On Aug 16, 2017
Wow na better singer

1 Like

Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by fpeter(f): 2:57pm On Aug 16, 2017
homesteady:

The guy was stolen! Yemi has allowed 3 boys to slip off her fingers, then adding that Guy that left - 4 boys, very talented boys.

The girl should be Jahtell, one of the best vocalist on the show.

Hello, please the first time i watched the show was last Sunday. I've been trying to recall the songs that were performed.
There's this particular love song that one guy and a lady did, i think it was Ed Sheeran's song.
Please kindly give me a list of all the songs that were featured that day. Thank you.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by djkotech(m): 3:02pm On Aug 16, 2017
After Party Mixtape (AP Mixtape) Vol. 2
nice playlist u gonna luv LifeOf BrennyJones - SO TEKNO - GO Olamide - WO
[url][/url]https://archive.org/details/DjKotechAPMVol2

Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by Gloria3389(f): 3:08pm On Aug 16, 2017
sgtponzihater1:
Sgt Ponzi Hater greets all the good men here.

3. Afolayan finished Yemica. I feel Yemica though handsomeness and swag could win a contest, he now know it's wrong. I wonder if Afolayan has anything more to offer though.

Ponzi Hater.
Afolayan got me men!...I screamed on hearing that sweet baritone. ..he sounds like a legend to me...and he's so so cute ..muah
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by sgtponzihater1(m): 3:13pm On Aug 16, 2017
Gloria3389:

Afolayan got me men!...I screamed on hearing that sweet baritone. ..he sounds like a legend to me...and he's so so cute ..muah

That's my point, I hope he has anything more to offer and that lovely battle performance doesn't become his best
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by lovinam: 3:16pm On Aug 16, 2017
piagetskinner:

OK thanks
7pm

1 Like

Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by onyi4classic(f): 3:16pm On Aug 16, 2017
Acidosis:

its 7.00pm not 8.00pm....thanks
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by Acidosis(m): 3:20pm On Aug 16, 2017
onyi4classic:

its 7.00pm not 8.00pm....thanks
True! Thanks
cc: piagetskinner

1 Like

Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by blessingee: 3:32pm On Aug 16, 2017
Acidosis:

Its 7pm!
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by Judithjovial(f): 3:36pm On Aug 16, 2017
The Voice Nigeria a thrilling, entertaining and mind blowing program have being on air for quite a while now an d I'm here seeing comments from people you have missed the suspense filled blind audition stage but if naked sences from #BBA this thread go follow dey flow with nausaince
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by blessingee: 3:39pm On Aug 16, 2017
fpeter:

Hello, please the first time i watched the show was last Sunday. I've been trying to recall the songs that were performed.
There's this particular love song that one guy and a lady did, i think it was Ed Sheeran's song.
Please kindly give me a list of all the songs that were featured that day. Thank you.

1)Symeca vs Afolayan – Drag me Down by One Direction
2)Yimika vs Bunmi – Eye Adaba by ASA
3)Wow vs Pauly - Jealous by Labrinth

4)Grey vs Ebube – Suit and Tie by Justin Timberlake
5)Nwando vs Kendris – If love is a crime by Tuface Idibia

6)Precious vs Grace – When a man loves a woman by Michael Bolton
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by ImaIma1(f): 3:39pm On Aug 16, 2017
homesteady:
I'm still not yet over Sunday's episode, it was literally beautiful, the awesome battles overshadowed the average ones.
1)Symeca vs Afolayan - the best? Maybe! I really enjoyed it. Afolayan deservedly won, not because Symeca was bad, but because his baritone was too hard too ignore.
Symeca get sense jare, he ran sharply to join Yemi, and I bet, he would go very very far.

2)Yimika vs Bunmi - it was so organic, felt it deep down my marrows. Beautiful! Yimika was my winner! WTH is Yemi thinking? She is driving away her male talents and leaving behind girls that can't compete with Timi and Waje girls..

3)Wow vs Pauly - Wow is good jare! They did justice to the song.

4)Grey vs Ebube - My least favourite of the night. Grey is finally gone, to think that more talented people were dropped because this guy had occupied their space was just annoying. Ebube clearly won, he has a nice tone.

5)Nwando vs Kendris - I don't really like the song sha, but the girl tried sha, but I think her constant urge to belt was her downfall, but that's what made the performance more interesting.

6)Precious vs Grace - Dope Dope Dope! It would go down as one of the best battles ever seen on The voice Nigeria. Precious did not disappoint his fellow fat people grin Powerhouse!!! Grace should have been saved, she did very well, and it can even be argued that she did better because at one point Precious was shouting and couldn't hold his notes, while she held her notes all through. He adds more variety to the show, so Timi was wise to pick him.

I thought i was the only one that noticed that Yemi Alade picks the girls over the guys
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by fpeter(f): 3:42pm On Aug 16, 2017
blessingee:

I think it's the episode where two ladies performed "No Air", i want to use it as video picmix for hubby's birthday.
Thanks dearly.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by obakore20(m): 3:45pm On Aug 16, 2017
Finally pairing a male and a female to sing is not always a good decision, women naturally have higher ranges and their high pitch and being able to belt at a higher octave may be mistaken for better singing.

I totally agree with you on this.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by blessingee: 3:47pm On Aug 16, 2017
The battle i have enjoyed the most still remains Majeeka Vs Wolei - Toh Bad by Sheyi Shay

I have watched it like a billion times, especially that falsetto part done by Wolei, electrifying!

1 Like

Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by homesteady(m): 4:02pm On Aug 16, 2017
I can't believe I'm watching the same show with sgtponzihater1 undecided undecided undecided

grin grin grin
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by fpeter(f): 4:04pm On Aug 16, 2017
blessingee:

I'm talking of the episode where two girls performed "No Air"
please.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by homesteady(m): 4:05pm On Aug 16, 2017
ImaIma1:

I thought i was the only one that noticed that Yemi Alade picks the girls over the guys

I just dey pity her. The girls in her team are not as good as the girls in Timi and Waje team, the boys she had were the only potent weapons she had, and she is letting them go over some useless sentiment.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by blessingee: 4:07pm On Aug 16, 2017
homesteady:

I just dey pity her. The girls in her team are not as good as the girls in Timi and Waje team, the boys she had were the only potent weapons she had, and she is letting them go over some useless sentiment.

She is just throwing away potential strongholds!
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by fpeter(f): 4:09pm On Aug 16, 2017
blessingee:
The battle i have enjoyed the most still remains Majeeka Vs Wolei - Toh Bad by Sheyi Shay

I have watched it like a billion times, especially that falsetto part done by Wolei, electrifying!

Please, it's the episode i was referring to. Please do you know all the songs that were performed that night?
I'm trying to remember one particular love song that was performed that night.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by Nobody: 4:12pm On Aug 16, 2017
blessingee:

Me too oo..
wolei really amazed me..
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by blessingee: 4:23pm On Aug 16, 2017
Just saw this on twitter...Do you agree?

Pato is the clown.
Timi the stuffy preacher.
Waje, the Over Sabi.
And Yemi, the dumb blonde

3 Likes

Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by sgtponzihater1(m): 4:33pm On Aug 16, 2017
homesteady:
I can't believe I'm watching the same show with sgtponzihater1 undecided undecided undecided

grin grin grin

I'm not dat bad my brother. People in disagreement can have something in common. The voice Nigeria has proven to be d best among music reality shows in this country, hands down.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by sgtponzihater1(m): 4:35pm On Aug 16, 2017
Souljeezy:

Me too oo..
wolei really amazed me..

Wolei won dat battle hands down. It's not easy for a male to stand with a female range for range, but as usual Yemi Alade showed her bais again. I would have stopped watching the show if he wasn't saved.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

Nigerians Say Goodbye To Frank Edoho, "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?" / Gifty Of Big Brother Naija Is Married To David Sorochukwu Akumah (Photos) / BBNAIJA: The Look On Esther's Face After Catching Khafi & Gedoni In Bed Trends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.