Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,721 members, 7,813,376 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:30 AM

The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread (67306 Views)

What Nigerians Are Saying About The Voice Nigeria Season 2 / Idyl Is The Winner Of Voice Nigeria Season 2 / The Voice Nigeria Season 2 Auditions Are Here!!! (Venues & Dates) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by opeaceo: 10:05pm On Aug 13, 2017
Beautiful performances today! I'm glad Kendris and Phresh went through, and Bunmi surprised me tonight, that lady has really improved. Who else oooo... Afolayan did beautifully well, Wow went through and they called it a night.

These are the best battles I've seen so far.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by homesteady(m): 2:13am On Aug 14, 2017
Today's battles were very dope....
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by amblors(m): 6:36am On Aug 14, 2017
opeaceo:

I think I'm the only one who feels Chikes brother doesn't have that extra touch. He's a good singer, and that's just it.

Lol I think you're the only one . That song wasn't really for him. He did well on it though.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by amblors(m): 6:36am On Aug 14, 2017
opeaceo:
Beautiful performances today! I'm glad Kendris and Phresh went through, and Bunmi surprised me tonight, that lady has really improved. Who else oooo... Afolayan did beautifully well, Wow went through and they called it a night.

These are the best battles I've seen so far.

Bunmi shocked me really. Lovely performance . I hope it's not a one off
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by 1realBobby(m): 10:24am On Aug 14, 2017
opeaceo:

I think I'm the only one who feels Chikes brother doesn't have that extra touch. He's a good singer, and that's just it.
Seconded bro... To me he's just there... With those weird facial expressions while singing

1 Like

Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by therockz(m): 10:34pm On Aug 14, 2017
opeaceo:

on the contrary. everyone knows that but don't take away from his talents... the guy is amazing but not on par with his bro....chike tone is superb(which u can never learn),his control is flawless n his range is quite large for a guy n his falsetto unbelievable as it sounds is better than his brother...the only thing that his brother probably beats him in is texture

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by therockz(m): 10:38pm On Aug 14, 2017
Ama80:
I have saved glowrie and Wilson's presentation.d best battle ever on d voice.and to think dat glowrie narrowly made it in her audition made her more interesting.worldclass performance.
have respected waje as a judge but this just made my respect go a notch higher... to me glowrie sounded like squat in the auditions... she had an accent which I found irritating n I thought would spoil her singing... when waje turned I was disappointed but now I can see that waje has the gift of spotting talent
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by therockz(m): 10:41pm On Aug 14, 2017
n the issue of the 'NO AIR' performance... I actually liked it... it sounded lazy probably cause the people in charge of vocals told them to take the song literally n sing as if they ain't gat AIR...if u notice the girl that won is an awesome singer... watch out for her n the girl that lost is also good but has an Igbo accent, if she could shake off the accent she's flawless
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by therockz(m): 10:45pm On Aug 14, 2017
don't really know the names of the contestants but the TO BAD by niyola...that battle was heavenly, I like it when singers sing like it means something to dem n den just forget that they're battling... I think the girl won if m not mistaken n I think that's a wrong judgement... then there's one fat girl in timi group,chai that girl fit sustain, m actually rutting for her...can't remember all of dem now sha

1 Like

Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by homesteady(m): 11:18am On Aug 15, 2017
I'm still not yet over Sunday's episode, it was literally beautiful, the awesome battles overshadowed the average ones.
1)Symeca vs Afolayan - the best? Maybe! I really enjoyed it. Afolayan deservedly won, not because Symeca was bad, but because his baritone was too hard too ignore.
Symeca get sense jare, he ran sharply to join Yemi, and I bet, he would go very very far.

2)Yimika vs Bunmi - it was so organic, felt it deep down my marrows. Beautiful! Yimika was my winner! WTH is Yemi thinking? She is driving away her male talents and leaving behind girls that can't compete with Timi and Waje girls..

3)Wow vs Pauly - Wow is good jare! They did justice to the song.

4)Grey vs Ebube - My least favourite of the night. Grey is finally gone, to think that more talented people were dropped because this guy had occupied their space was just annoying. Ebube clearly won, he has a nice tone.

5)Nwando vs Kendris - I don't really like the song sha, but the girl tried sha, but I think her constant urge to belt was her downfall, but that's what made the performance more interesting.

6)Precious vs Grace - Dope Dope Dope! It would go down as one of the best battles ever seen on The voice Nigeria. Precious did not disappoint his fellow fat people grin Powerhouse!!! Grace should have been saved, she did very well, and it can even be argued that she did better because at one point Precious was shouting and couldn't hold his notes, while she held her notes all through. He adds more variety to the show, so Timi was wise to pick him.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by homesteady(m): 11:27am On Aug 15, 2017
therockz:
don't really know the names of the contestants but the TO BAD by niyola...that battle was heavenly, I like it when singers sing like it means something to dem n den just forget that they're battling... I think the girl won if m not mistaken n I think that's a wrong judgement... then there's one fat girl in timi group,chai that girl fit sustain, m actually rutting for her...can't remember all of dem now sha

The guy was stolen! Yemi has allowed 3 boys to slip off her fingers, then adding that Guy that left - 4 boys, very talented boys.

The girl should be Jahtell, one of the best vocalist on the show.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by homesteady(m): 11:30am On Aug 15, 2017
therockz:
on the contrary. everyone knows that but don't take away from his talents... the guy is amazing but not on par with his bro....chike tone is superb(which u can never learn),his control is flawless n his range is quite large for a guy n his falsetto unbelievable as it sounds is better than his brother...the only thing that his brother probably beats him in is texture

Yesssssss! That tone, you can't just learn it.

Chike over Symeca!
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by amblors(m): 12:09pm On Aug 15, 2017
homesteady:

Yesssssss! That tone, you can't just learn it.

Chike over Symeca!

No one comparing chike and his bro. Chike clearly better but symeca is one of the best voices on the voice this year.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by therockz(m): 5:24pm On Aug 15, 2017
homesteady:

The guy was stolen! Yemi has allowed 3 boys to slip off her fingers, then adding that Guy that left - 4 boys, very talented boys.

The girl should be Jahtell, one of the best vocalist on the show.
yemi is just...n to think I used to say I'd pick her if I ever go for the voice... tufia kwa
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by therockz(m): 5:29pm On Aug 15, 2017
all the fat peeps in team timi rock...I'm waiting to see that jahtell's husband that is in team yemi to sing... don't know if he has sang already though cause I don't remember his face...the guy was just singing like a fool during auditions...going up n down shouting "fly"...yemi picks with sentiment... that's not surprising what's surprising is that she picks with sentiment even during blind auditions... picking people that "sound happy"...aunty it is "the voice" not "the happy voice"
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by Dainikel(m): 11:43pm On Aug 15, 2017
therockz:
all the fat peeps in team timi rock...I'm waiting to see that jahtell's husband that is in team yemi to sing... don't know if he has sang already though cause I don't remember his face...the guy was just singing like a fool during auditions...going up n down shouting "fly"...yemi picks with sentiment... that's not surprising what's surprising is that she picks with sentiment even during blind auditions... picking people that "sound happy"...aunty it is "the voice" not "the happy voice"
The dude that followed Jahtell(the fat lady) isn't her hubby;they are close pals. That dude('ileh something' can't remember his name) has been ushered to the liveshow already since his battle mate Kelvin Audu left the show for personal reasons.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by Dainikel(m): 11:55pm On Aug 15, 2017
homesteady:

2)Yimika vs Bunmi - it was so organic, felt it deep down my marrows. Beautiful! Yimika was my winner! WTH is Yemi thinking? She is driving away her male talents and leaving behind girls that can't compete with Timi and Waje girls..

5)Nwando vs Kendris - I don't really like the song sha, but the girl tried sha, but I think her constant urge to belt was her downfall, but that's what made the performance more interesting.

6)Precious vs Grace - Dope Dope Dope! It would go down as one of the best battles ever seen on The voice Nigeria. Precious did not disappoint his fellow fat people grin Powerhouse!!! Grace should have been saved, she did very well, and it can even be argued that she did better because at one point Precious was shouting and couldn't hold his notes, while she held her notes all through. He adds more variety to the show, so Timi was wise to pick him.
I thought Bunmi edged Yimika in relation to her growth from the audition to the battles but he did got stolen anyways.(I guess that was also why Waje chose Glowrie over Wilson).
Grace did really well & deserved a steal. Nwando also did great.

1 Like

Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by junnyjake(m): 12:25am On Aug 16, 2017
1realBobby:

Seconded bro... To me he's just there... With those weird facial expressions while singing

What then would you say about wow's facial expressions??

1 Like

Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by junnyjake(m): 12:49am On Aug 16, 2017
1. Symeca, didn't just bring it on for me, was he beginning to feel complacent?? I know that song by One Direction, heard different versions of it and if I was hearing it for the first time on the show I would have hated it. Symeca was just lucky, he wasn't better than Grace or Nwando that night.

Pato's song choices are just not it at all.

2. For me I thought Timi made the wrong decision letting Nwando leave.

3. I didn't like Bummi from the auditions, in fact she was one of those I had thought wouldn't go farther than the battles. She's grown and I love to see growth.

4. It's never easy performing a Justin Timberlake song, Patoranking goofed on that one too. Both of them really had a hard time with the song.

5. Precious and Grace. Wow, one of the best performance of the night. The only negative being that it was noisy at some point, nevertheless that's what battling is spozed to be like.

Looking forward to next week battles.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by therockz(m): 8:09am On Aug 16, 2017
homesteady:
I'm still not yet over Sunday's episode, it was literally beautiful, the awesome battles overshadowed the average ones.
1)Symeca vs Afolayan - the best? Maybe! I really enjoyed it. Afolayan deservedly won, not because Symeca was bad, but because his baritone was too hard too ignore.
Symeca get sense jare, he ran sharply to join Yemi, and I bet, he would go very very far.

3)Wow vs Pauly - Wow is good jare! They did justice to the song.

4)Grey vs Ebube - My least favourite of the night. Grey is finally gone, to think that more talented people were dropped because this guy had occupied their space was just annoying. Ebube clearly won, he has a nice tone.

av finally watched it, time to comment, the symeca(chike's bro) to me was singing arrant rubbish...he doesn't deserve to be stolen although I don't blaim him... he's good but not good for the song...the person he battled has a nice baritone but its obvious that's not his comfort zone Infact it seems its at the end of his range... he tried though
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by therockz(m): 8:16am On Aug 16, 2017
I criticized yemi for choosing based on sentiment in the auditions but now I've seen her sentiment may just make her the winning judge... simika vs bunmi was OMG...personally I thought simika didn't deserve to be in the show...she,gray n the twins... but it seems she has been transformed... she still sounds very flat but her tone has the edgy yet girly vibe to it...I do think bunmi did better but I think yemi made the right choice, for a performance like that none of them deserved to leave... if yemi saved bunmi, nobody may have saved simika n I don't want that cause the girl isn't halfway to reaching her potential... GREAT LOSS FOR YEMI losing bunmi but GREAT WIN FOR THE SHOW saving simika

1 Like

Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by therockz(m): 8:20am On Aug 16, 2017
wow vs Pauly... I do think their chemistry could be better... Pauly actually has a unique voice,as waje said, that thing she does with her voice is unique but without control its wash but the thing is during the battle I think she took the control too far,she contained her voice too much but wow showed himself n that's why he won
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by therockz(m): 8:23am On Aug 16, 2017
grey n ebube...both of them were singing rubbish... infact none of them deserved to stay but to me the lesser of the evils would be grey cause ebube was just playing second fiddle to grey same thing olla was doing to that powerhouse girl in yemi team... but I guess in terms of growth ebube could be chosen cause the way I see it grey has reach the peak of his voice n that isn't really inspiring
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by therockz(m): 8:26am On Aug 16, 2017
nwando vs kendris was on point...IF LOVE IS A CRIME damn blew my mind...m already hating 2baba for not doing justice to the song... Kendris was flat he was more or less saying the words but adding rhythm n tone to it....wooh I can't even decide but I think nwando to me did it better cause she completely changed the song n that's creative
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by therockz(m): 8:29am On Aug 16, 2017
precious vs grace... chai it was like Superman vs superwoman... powerhouse battle...damn that was war...they both knew they were in deep shit when they heard they were battling,grace especially..truth be told precious had won it before it had started, u can't beat a fat person when it comes to powerful songs...Infact in any powerful duet the fatter person wins but grace gave it her all she's damn powerful n I love her... it's just unfortunate that she had to go

3 Likes

Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by homesteady(m): 1:52pm On Aug 16, 2017
therockz:
yemi is just...n to think I used to say I'd pick her if I ever go for the voice... tufia kwa

I would still advise you to pick Yemi or more preferably Patoranking due to Yemi's current method of selection.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by homesteady(m): 2:00pm On Aug 16, 2017
Dainikel:

The dude that followed Jahtell(the fat lady) isn't her hubby;they are close pals. That dude('ileh something' can't remember his name) has been ushered to the liveshow already since his battle mate Kelvin Audu left the show for personal reasons.

They are Siblings. Jahtell and Jahnomso Ilem. That guy is just lucky. First of all, his audition wasn't anywhere close to special, just there, but he was turned for. Then they paired him with arguably the best singer on the show, and the guy withdrew from the competition. Luck.

1 Like

Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by homesteady(m): 2:10pm On Aug 16, 2017
Thanks Mynd44

Thanks for also pushing the thread to Frontpage.
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by homesteady(m): 2:13pm On Aug 16, 2017
therockz:
av finally watched it, time to comment, the symeca(chike's bro) to me was singing arrant rubbish...he doesn't deserve to be stolen although I don't blaim him... he's good but not good for the song...the person he battled has a nice baritone but its obvious that's not his comfort zone Infact it seems its at the end of his range... he tried though

He tried jare grin grin
Re: The Voice Nigeria Season 2: 2017 Thread by blessingee: 2:16pm On Aug 16, 2017
Just routing for my guys Idyl and Kendris...They blew my head off during their blinds...I've watched their blinds a million times!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

Nigerians Say Goodbye To Frank Edoho, "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?" / Gifty Of Big Brother Naija Is Married To David Sorochukwu Akumah (Photos) / BBNAIJA: The Look On Esther's Face After Catching Khafi & Gedoni In Bed Trends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.