Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,020 members, 7,810,820 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:06 PM

Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index (74310 Views)

Igbos Outside Southeast, Our Region's Poverty Index Is Rising! / 87% Nigeria’s Poverty Rate In North – World Bank / Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by hysteriabox(m): 7:02pm On Mar 27, 2017
LoveMachine:
We really need to merge some of these states. The numbers are crazy. How can we justify this kind of poverty while running full governments with security votes and convoys? One day the poor will eat the rich. Beware.
True
But wolves currently feasting wont ever agree
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by LoveMachine(m): 7:14pm On Mar 27, 2017
hysteriabox:

True

Real talk.
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by Ritchiee: 7:31pm On Mar 27, 2017
bounty007:

grin grin

Imagine afonja.. wey be say ritualistic and cannibalistic headquarters na ogun and ibadam..

Dey call person dirty..

Una no dey even shame.. na storywey una don the chop on. But thank God for social media..
The thing don burst all una lie tongue

Diabolical zombeic afonjas
Go and read about Igbo culture as recorded by surprised white people-Can you not see that your dirtiness cannot be cleansed with soap?I even learnt your people drink corpse water-You are a dirty,stinking,smelling documented cannibal-yuk http://www.heretical.com/cannibal/nigeria.html

2 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by naijaking1: 7:47pm On Mar 27, 2017
YonkijiSappo:

The South West Has always been The most Prosperous region of Nigeria since like day 1.
And It looks like it isn't relinquishing that position anytime soon.

That is why it has always been a magnet for Nigerians from everywhere. Even in an hinterland Yoruba state like Osun, you would marvel at the diversity of Nigerians from everywhere living there, from Ibo 2 by 2 shopkeepers to Urhobo palm oil workers, to Ebira and Idoma (Agatu) farmers, to Hausa petty traders to Edo civil servants, to Ibibio domestic workers. It is even more magnified in places like Ibadan, Ondo, Ogun and Lagos.

(respect to all the hardworking groups above)

First there's the Lagos bias. Then, there's a million Igbos in the area giving a false picture of how poor the average yoruba is.
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by YonkijiSappo: 7:51pm On Mar 27, 2017
naijaking1:

First there's the Lagos bias. Then, there's a million Igbos in the area giving a false picture of how poor the average yoruba is.

Are you okay??

Enugu and Ebonyi wey Igbo people full like sardine are wallowing at the bottom of the list, and you are here talking about "lagos bias"... whatever that even means...

4 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by naijaking1: 8:00pm On Mar 27, 2017
YonkijiSappo:

Are you okay??

Enugu and Ebonyi wey Igbo people full like sardine are wallowing at the bottom of the list, and you are here talking about "lagos bias"... whatever that even means...

I should be asking you the conveniently ignorant historian who has forgotten that for over 10 years the federal government diverted more than 60% of our resources to Lagos and environ.
You dey make mouth for other people sweat.

1 Like

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by totit: 8:00pm On Mar 27, 2017
pazienza:
Anyway, for those who are interested in real recent stats and not old recycled ones.

http://www.google.com.ng/search?q=2015+MDGs+stats+for+Nigerian+states+and+geopolitical+zones&client=ms-opera-mini-android&channel=new&gws_rd=cr&ei=LSPZWM-VNYS7afa4oMAK

You can download the PDF file from the NBS site via Google.
Maybe an Nwafor can help post the direct PDF link from the Google search I posted.

Oga,
You don't have to lie abeg.

Infact, I took my time to read your assumed/supposed link,aba made stats but all na wash and to my greatest suprise after wasting my MB I wasn't just disappointment but worried how far some of you will go to lie or defend yourself just to win an argument.

Your link didn't countered the link provided by the OP, and infact your link even go further to exposed another lie by you and confirmed the first link I provided along with that of the OP.

Below, according to the link provided in reference to 2015 recent stats according to you :

grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by YonkijiSappo: 8:02pm On Mar 27, 2017
naijaking1:

I should be asking you the conveniently ignorant historian who has forgotten that for over 10 years the federal government diverted more than 60% of our resources to Lagos and environ.
You dey make mouth for other people sweat.

You are a real Osu... no doubt about that.
this mofo keeps talking about Lagos as if he cant see the full ranking, lol.

Igbo are the real parasites of this country, that much is clear as day.

6 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by naijaking1: 9:17pm On Mar 27, 2017
YonkijiSappo:

You are a real Osu... no doubt about that.
this mofo keeps talking about Lagos as if he cant see the full ranking, lol.

Igbo are the real parasites of this country, that much is clear as day.

Shame on you for opening that dirty mouth of yours.
Yorubas are well of today, because they stole from the Igbos big time. Remember when Awolowo forcefully gave Igbos only 20 pounds and used the rest to feed all you lazy and loud Yorubas? Obasanjo came and continued to rob Igbos, selling off national companies and and selling them to his parasitic yoruba parapo!
Don't let me tell you word!
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by Ritchiee: 9:29pm On Mar 27, 2017
ZelibeKristien:

Smelly akpu eating animal, go eat your mother as usual since you are done with the rotten corpse of your father. Ugly osu human eating savage.
I do not know why dirty stinking smelling documented cannibals like the Igbos would drag anything with human beings such as the Yorubas-smh

6 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by pazienza(m): 9:31pm On Mar 27, 2017
totit:

Oga,
You don't have to lie abeg.

Infact, I took my time to read your assumed/supposed link,aba made stats but all na wash and to my greatest suprise after wasting my MB I wasn't just disappointment but worried how far some of you will go to lie or defend yourself just to win an argument.

Your link didn't countered the link provided by the OP, and infact your link even go further to exposed another lie by you and confirmed the first link I provided along with that of the OP.

Below, according to the link provided in reference to 2015 recent stats according to you :

grin

What exactly are you talking about?

The MDGs stat clearly placed SW last in the South. Deal with it.

2 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by YonkijiSappo: 9:41pm On Mar 27, 2017
naijaking1:

Shame on you for opening that dirty mouth of yours.
Yorubas are well of today, because they stole from the Igbos big time. Remember when Awolowo forcefully gave Igbos only 20 pounds and used the rest to feed all you lazy and loud Yorubas? Obasanjo came and continued to rob Igbos, selling off national companies and and selling them to his parasitic yoruba parapo!
Don't let me tell you word!

huuuhn... more big time lies.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by naijaking1: 9:44pm On Mar 27, 2017
pazienza:

Proud and boastful owambe throwing Yoruba people will do anything to falsely shine.
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by totit: 9:57pm On Mar 27, 2017
pazienza:

I doubt you even read the link you provided. For you info the link your provided doesn't even pointed to the OP per se.
You..can't deceive me because I often take my time to read unlike those half baked,so called educated,illiterates that's overwhelmed NL who doesn't read but take anything thrown at them.
Mtcheew.

I will be here, waiting for you MDGS or whatever you call it here.

Yeye dey smell undecided
Go ahead and bring is here nah cheesy
You can lie en!

Anyway, let me save you the stress, culled from the link you provided, here :

WEALTH AND LIVING STANDARD

* Income and a Decent Standard of Living
:

Decency in living standards incorporates factors related to income, health, assets and inequality. The degree to which there is decency in living standard is the degree to which people have overcome poverty.
Poverty measures are therefore useful in explaining decent living standards. The Multi-dimensional Poverty Index (MPI) represents a holistic measure of people’s deprivations in health, education and standard of living using ten indicators across these dimensions. The MPI combines information on the proportion or incidence of people’s deprivations as well as the intensity of
these deprivations. The index can also be decomposed by population sub-groups. The Table shows a breakdown of MPI (Poverty Index) for the geopolitical zones and the FCT, with the South-West recording the least MPI value of (0.154) and the North East recording the highest MPI Value (0.329) in 2013. This indicates that the combined measure of the incidence and the intensity of poverty is lowest in the South-West zone and highest in the North East Zone Since the MPI represents a combined measure of deprivation across dimensions of education, health and living standards, a similar pattern showing better performance in the south as opposed to the northern
geopolitical zones is observed for MPI. The northern geopolitical zones have the highest MPI values.

Below, screen shot of your so called " MDGS, showing 2013 as compare to the recent stats as at 2014 worldbank et al provided which beat you old, or should I say blank link.
But if you insist on the first link, as at 2015 then you are on a long thing because the said link confirmed what the OP and I provided,and infact everything therein your link is are here,provided by the same link you provided above.

Here is the link :
SOURCE: http://www.ng.undp.org/
Download Page: Research and Publications
National Human Development Report, May
12, 2016.
http://www.ng.undp.org/content/nigeria/en/home/library/

I tire oo grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by ezeagu(m): 11:03pm On Mar 27, 2017
All the rich South easterners are in, Lagos, all the rich south westerners are in, Lagos. This is the end result.

1 Like

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by mbhs139(m): 8:52am On Mar 28, 2017
OfficialAwol:

The number of likes I got for my post clearly differentiates who is more stupid between us two.

Most Nigerians are running to Islamic countries for their PhD. Who among them is running to North for PhD? Those countries, though Islamic, has attained a level of rationality where they realized that religion and social welfare are two different things.

If you knew beyond your nose, you would have known that the missionaries that educated the South also attempted to educate the North but Northern Emirs feared their children would be converted to Christianity and rebuffed every attempt to bring education to their kids.

I will stop here because you are not paying for this lecture. Just hoping you and your ilks have learnt.

Don't rush to quote everyone you on nairaland if you don't wanna look silly

It's not a matter of number of likes, stupidity can be contagious.

Now to the matter, your initial post was an attack on Islam, hence my response. It wasn't about who educated who, or who do not want to be educated or converted. You're trying to turn the argument on its head. I think you will do well by taking those number of likes to the bank.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by LoveMachine(m): 10:54pm On Apr 01, 2017
hysteriabox:

True

When the shepherd appears the wolves stand down. We have to be the shepherd or else it's business as usual for our local wolves. If things don't improve or change soon the bad guys won't have a choice.

1 Like

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by cbravo3: 8:16am On May 01, 2017
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by Nobody: 9:57am On Feb 12, 2020
masseratti:
Osun should be 30% ,it cant be less than ondo and kwara,impossicant.

Btw how come a state will have 90% poverty rate?

i dont bliv this stats

The stats is more 2015.

A new stats will place osun at a very low spot
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by Nobody: 9:59am On Feb 12, 2020
smartty68:
Poverty rate indeed
Thank you PDP for the embezzlements. Una weh don embarassed

Re-check the poverty rate now under buhari

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Osinbajo On Self-Isolation. Holds Video-Conference Call With Staff - The Sun / Father Mbaka Apologizes To Peter Obi Publicly, Begs For Forgiveness / Tinubu’s London House: The New Mecca For Politicians (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.