Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,059 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index (74322 Views)

Igbos Outside Southeast, Our Region's Poverty Index Is Rising! / 87% Nigeria’s Poverty Rate In North – World Bank / Poverty Rate Of The 36 States Of The Federation Zamfara Top The Chart With 91% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by sisisioge: 8:05am On Mar 27, 2017
Omg! See my northern people o! Yet, they aren't wise enough to demand a poverty alleviation from their leaders. Na like cowws wey mumu them just dey follow! When less than 10% is alright... Yawa don burst be that!

1 Like

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by justjify(m): 8:06am On Mar 27, 2017
See a state scoring 90%.
That one na distinction o
shocked
Chai! These northerners can Cheat!!!
#FearNorth

7 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by timilehin007(m): 8:07am On Mar 27, 2017
no no no I can't take this north again
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by oruma19: 8:07am On Mar 27, 2017
No man should be so rich as to be able to buy his fellow citizens and no man should be so poor as to be able to sell himself. Nigeria in particular is just a case study. The daily acrobatics with death by citizens when chronicled, will be bestsellers in foreign climes. Poverty is too much amongst the vast majority of the populace while a microscopic few are living in pleasant luxury. One day na one day, monkey go go market, e no go return.

1 Like

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by TimeManager(m): 8:07am On Mar 27, 2017
The Lagooneers are so pathetic deriding Osun state. Ebonyi, Abia, Enugu double the figure of Osun, even their Darling Anambra is siting pretty behind Osun.

Kiss the truth!

12 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by Ikengawo: 8:08am On Mar 27, 2017

3 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by calyto: 8:08am On Mar 27, 2017
That's the more reason why i doubt these figures.
1. Benue does not have that high poverty figure.
2. Niger State has one of the lowest poverty rate in Nigeria.
3. There is much more poverty in Ekiti than in Benue.
4.The analyst should use his hand to remove Osun from when he placed it.
North West poverty level is presently higher than that of North East due to Boko Haram insurgency.

Meanwhile,oyibos are not always correct

Blue3k:
Akwa Ibom suffering it shows we need to more private sector growth in economy this civil civil life is no good. Hopefully the industrial city, port and general industrialization policy kicks off soon.

Does anyone find it interesting NE has lower poverty rate than NW?

regional breakdown

1.) SW-19.3%
2.) SS-25.2%
3.) SE-27.4%
4.) NC- 42.6%
5.) NE-76.8%
6.) NW-81.1%

4 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by daroz(m): 8:08am On Mar 27, 2017
I am very proud of my State, Edo. We try small, no. 5 on the list no easy. tongue
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by Nobody: 8:09am On Mar 27, 2017
Olboy na 2017 we dey..

That list ain't genuine.. imagine osun ahead of akwaibom..

Say na un..
Okay o..
We for town know wetin sub.. na nigerians un use conduct their list...

So anything is possible.
Afonjas make una self-service tight...

2 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by olac21(m): 8:09am On Mar 27, 2017
Jetleeee:
Osun people are very hardworking maaahn. They farm a lot and they travel a lot too especially the people of Ejigbo
Are you in anyway related to the chinese jetlee??
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by Mayflowa(m): 8:09am On Mar 27, 2017
YonkijiSappo:

The South West Has always been The most Prosperous region of Nigeria since like day 1.
And It looks like it isn't relinquishing that position anytime soon.

That is why it has always been a magnet for Nigerians from everywhere. Even in an hinterland Yoruba state like Osun, you would marvel at the diversity of Nigerians from everywhere living there, from Ibo 2 by 2 shopkeepers to Urhobo palm oil workers, to Ebira and Idoma (Agatu) farmers, to Hausa petty traders to Edo civil servants, to Ibibio domestic workers. It is even more magnified in places like Ibadan, Ondo, Ogun and Lagos.

(respect to all the hardworking groups above)

Lagos was built by the white peeps and the nation. It is the hub of business because of the atlantic oceans where ships can belt. Of course, the surrounding lagos neigbours would enjoy from the business and industrial spill over.

I am afraid that SW has not done well enough with the opportunities opened to them.

3 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by Deanny(m): 8:10am On Mar 27, 2017
subtlemee:
Chai! See my Akwa Ibom o,but we try small
Hi
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by Nobody: 8:11am On Mar 27, 2017
TimeManager:
The Lagooneers are so pathetic deriding Osun state. Ebonyi, Enugu double the figure of Osun, even their Darling Anambra is siting pretty behind Osun.

Kiss the truth!

For your inner inner mind..you know the truth..
Osun.ekiti they jones up dia..

Kiss the truth!

4 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by Sanchez01: 8:12am On Mar 27, 2017
Ikengawo:
Show me the Osun with less than 70% poverty
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1569515_1672823_imag4021_jpg2dfe46710e524556f1ff72e25e7b5bbf_jpega3c29ea225769b78cfae04437fc4fff1
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1569530_1964885_672840406110302_770731760_n_jpega0556a6730263c987a2298e7709f9c7c

In the east we don't even store chickens in this type of dwelling

^hahahahaaa
These are suburbs in Osun State. More like slums. Even as electrifying as Lagos is, there are slums that beats one's imagination.

In the East, particularly Enugu, there are far more horrible places than that of Osun.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by mikeade11(m): 8:12am On Mar 27, 2017
osun case dey worry me oooo....
nzeobi:
Northerners have spent more time in power yet they are still very poor
Please what's osun doing up there

1 Like

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by subtlemee(f): 8:14am On Mar 27, 2017
PenisCaP:

Are u from akwa ibom shocked.. pls marry meee tongue

Kikikikikikiki...where are you are from?
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by omenkaLives(m): 8:14am On Mar 27, 2017
Toluabigr8:
things ain't easy o...d concoction rice am cooking sef dis days sef no get groundnut oil talkless of maggi or egg...only rice and hausa pepper...things are good make i no talk oda tin....tank God 4 my neighbor free wifi wey i dey hack na hin i dy use check nairaland with my infinix hot jejely angry

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by Ikengawo: 8:16am On Mar 27, 2017
This is how Yar' Oh Ba people were saying Ekiti had the highest education rate in Nigeria(zoo)

THIS IS THE CAPITAL OF THE RICHEST STATE IN THE SOUTHWEST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpsjH3G2rfM

5 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by TimeManager(m): 8:16am On Mar 27, 2017
bounty007:

For your inner inner mind..you know the truth..
Osun.ekiti they jones up dia..

Kiss the truth!
Go & arrest U. N cheesy
You think this report is from Lagos-ibadan? Go hide your head in shame & sit down among hot ashes.

Truth is talking!

11 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by nnaemmy(m): 8:16am On Mar 27, 2017
YOLA shaa
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by dikegp: 8:17am On Mar 27, 2017
nawa,d %in d north is so disturbing,,,what is happening blc i believed that they are the 95%
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by ocelot2006(m): 8:17am On Mar 27, 2017
smartty68:
Poverty rate indeed
Thank you PDP for the embezzlements. Una weh don embarassed

Yes oh, blame PDP. Forget about all those Northern Military Regimes oh. Weh done sir.
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by Sanchez01: 8:17am On Mar 27, 2017
Mayflowa:

Lagos was built by the white peeps and the nation. It is the hub of business because of the atlantic oceans where ships can belt. Of course, the surrounding lagos neigbours would enjoy from the business and industrial spill over.

I am afraid that SW has not done well enough with the opportunities opened to them.
SW states are independent states. While I agree with you, it would be fair to point out the truth. Ogun state, as close as it is to Lagos, does not take advantage of being neighbours with Lagos. Interestingly, she has her strengths, which does not necessarily go with the business line of Lagos, the same applies to Osun.

It would be unwise for all SW states to solely rely on Lagos. Being independent in their dealings is surely the best way in exhibiting dynamism among the five states.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by mapet: 8:17am On Mar 27, 2017
nzeobi:
Northerners have spent more time in power yet they are still very poor
Please what's osun doing up there

It "suprise" you? Well goes to show that when a state commits to truly building veritable structures, institutions and strategies that is geared toward increasing the well being of the people, results will follow. While trying to rationalise this, think of Aregbesola's programmes and the long lasting impact on the people.........then you would understand how he got up there

2 Likes

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by mapet: 8:20am On Mar 27, 2017
egbusi1:
This list is better ignored as being unauthentic because no Nigerian state has a poverty rate of less than 50%. even the so called LAGOS has more poor people among it's population.

.....and your source to authenticate this assertion is from where? you think people just manufacture stats from wishful thinking?

1 Like

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by AlanTuringAI: 8:20am On Mar 27, 2017
ConqueredWest:

You believe this fake report where Osun ranks better than other states excluding Lagos undecided

It seems they can sell you for a plate of porridge grin
You need to understand that the period considered was between 2004 and 2014 when there wasn't recession and things were a bit well off generally across the country, especially in the South. This was the period Aregbesola was collecting loan up and down to flag off unsustainable but catchy projects like opon imo, O'Yes, O'meal and all that.. if they should extend to 2017, Osun and many other states will be worse off.

1 Like

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by TimeManager(m): 8:20am On Mar 27, 2017
daroz:
I am very proud of my State, Edo. We try small, no. 5 on the list no easy. tongue
Thanks to Osho baba. The small but mighty cheesy

Truth is mine!
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by ocelot2006(m): 8:21am On Mar 27, 2017
Hmmm....Akwa Ibom needs to do more as we tend to rely more on the civil service. There's need to promote the growth of the private sector as it will create more jobs and wealth for the state and its residents+indigenes.

1 Like

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by hollyfat(m): 8:23am On Mar 27, 2017
thwarrior72:
Did u mean OSUN with hundreds of IDP camp is ahead of anambra and abia? Smh. This must be a list compiled by Aregberascals Usun defender newspaper.

The last was compiled using data upto 2014. The poverty level then was low before Aregbesola second term
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by sorepco(m): 8:23am On Mar 27, 2017
Most often than not economy is not a determinant of the level of poverty in a state/country. Amrica has the biggesy economy but is not amongst the 1st 10 nations with the best living standards.
Do you get my drift? Likewise naija has the numero uno evonomy in africa but not amongst the 10 best places with living standards or poverty levels.

AshiwajuFoward:

Anambra propaganda machinery is on overdrive dude. Dem go don begin flood U.N with enough petitions in protest against this report's conclusions. No be so Soludo recently out-of-nowhere claimed the state has the '4th' largest economy? This report is obviously a big blow to their collective ego. You never see anything. grin grin grin grin

Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by AlanTuringAI: 8:23am On Mar 27, 2017
bounty007:
Olboy na 2017 we dey..

That list ain't genuine.. imagine osun ahead of akwaibom..

Say na un..
Okay o..
We for town know wetin sub.. na nigerians un use conduct their list...

So anything is possible.
Afonjas make una self-service tight...
Oga, the report covered 2004 to 2014 when there was no recession. Consider how things were then to now.
Re: Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index by webincomeplus(m): 8:25am On Mar 27, 2017
OfficialAwol:
Until now, northerners believed development would be doing the whitemen who own development equipments, a favour.

If most north weren't Islamic, they'd have been better off than what they are now.

Some are still foolish though
It's not about being Islamic. It's about being Hausa. The Islam I know doesn't frown at development in all fronts, especially technology and urbanization. If you disagree with me, take a look at Islam-dominated countries like Saudi Arabia, UAE, Kuwait, Qatar, etc.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Tinubu’s London House: The New Mecca For Politicians (Pictures) / Peter Obi Finally Changes The Colour Of His Clothes In Houston, Texas / Buhari And Fashola Strolling On The Streets Of Germany (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.