Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,501 members, 7,812,552 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:13 PM

Melaye Has Not Collected His Original Certificate From Ahmadu Bello University - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Melaye Has Not Collected His Original Certificate From Ahmadu Bello University (38768 Views)

Sagay: Atiku's Lawyers Only Collected His Billions / 2019: 8 Million People Have Not Collected Their Pvcs, INEC Cries Out / BREAKING: Dino Melaye Has Been Arrested By Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Melaye Has Not Collected His Original Certificate From Ahmadu Bello University by Acetyl(m): 4:04pm On Mar 27, 2017
mavinc4u:

Na wah for you Bros, have you not heard about To whom it may concern, probably that was what the guy has been using.

Nigeria has better issue to tackle than all these noise.
well said ,instead of pressing issues to be discussed and debated on people are here making baseless comments.
Re: Melaye Has Not Collected His Original Certificate From Ahmadu Bello University by sekem: 4:05pm On Mar 27, 2017
Deeypeey:
Na wa for this man oo....everything about him reeks controversy...
first talks abt him not graduating..claims he did
den his name cant be found in alumni list....claims he changed his name
now he hasnt collected his certificate...in over 17yrs...
...m starting to doubt if he hasnt bn manipulating lies to get things done all dese years

So you Mean you think we call him ronalDINO for nothing?

Of course, the man is just about the most skilful dribbler in nigerian politics as of today.
Re: Melaye Has Not Collected His Original Certificate From Ahmadu Bello University by OBAGADAFFI: 4:05pm On Mar 27, 2017
rightwingz:

Dino said he has 10 degrees without mentioning PGD. what do you take of that? Can 3rd class BA instead of BSC do masters without PGD?

Dino graduated 2000 and did NYSC 1999........................Nigeria is a joke.
Dino promised to show his affidavit for change of name. Does that mean he presented certificates with different names without affidavit to back it up?

Someone should go to DINO's village and look for the original owner of the certificate. Perhaps the person is dead or paid off to remain anonymous.

LOL, did you just wake-up about Nigeria. grin

A country where you do MSC @ prestigious universities (OAU & UNILAG) for 5 years.

All ABU Zaria students spent at least 3 extra sessions in school for no fault
National ASUU closed ABU Zaria for 1 session, ABU local ASUU closed ABU Zaria for another session, and the Late Major General Mamman Kontagora President Abacha appointed sole administrator who closed ABU Zaria for another 14 months.
Re: Melaye Has Not Collected His Original Certificate From Ahmadu Bello University by ozo13(m): 4:07pm On Mar 27, 2017
I tot original certificate is one of the documents one will need before he is allowed to serve.we all r in ds messed up country together

1 Like

Re: Melaye Has Not Collected His Original Certificate From Ahmadu Bello University by Detolanny(m): 4:08pm On Mar 27, 2017
Acetyl:
Oga stop lying. what schools need is your waec statement of result and a new waec scratch card to authenticate your claimed results and in most cases it takes less than 10-15 min. Except your own school is not internet inclined...
@Acetyl, I beg to disagree. I was denied admission into UNIBEN in 2004 all because my WAEC certificate wasn't ready by then (The SSCE exam was written in year 2000). All my pleas to the admission officers at the Faculty of Social Sciences fell on deaf ears. I was turned down despite having the WAEC printout containing the names and grades of other students I wrote the exam with. UNIBEN's stance then was that, once your exam date is three (3) years+, Statement of Results or anything else apart from a Certificate will not be honoured. So I strongly believe Dino Melaye has a whole lot of cases to provide answers to.

1 Like

Re: Melaye Has Not Collected His Original Certificate From Ahmadu Bello University by Elnino4ladies: 4:08pm On Mar 27, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:

That is recent due to the advent of private universities.

Formally, most Fed Universities won't give you your cert for 5 years,

Stop lying

I graduated from federal university
I collected my certificate a year after graduation.
Re: Melaye Has Not Collected His Original Certificate From Ahmadu Bello University by madjune(m): 4:10pm On Mar 27, 2017
When will the average Nigerian wake up?

Most folks don't know what the time is.
The present Nigeria does not call for Mister doctor or.mister know it all.
It's a hustle country. The essence of going to uni these days is to wake you up.

Learn to read and write.
Learn to push and fight when it calls for it.
Learn gragra.
Learn to grab your opportunity when u see it.
Learn to speak good English and correct pidgin.

There's little job out there that will make you with your certificate.
Those days are gone.
Your certificate can't even run your own biz.

I've seen some folks like Dino with his certificate issue and leaving stuff at skool and believe me, most have turned out dynamic.

They have this aggressive way of taking from life what could have eluded them had they sat gently in some AC office.

1 Like

Re: Melaye Has Not Collected His Original Certificate From Ahmadu Bello University by Nobody: 4:12pm On Mar 27, 2017
Okuda:

yet to collect certificate all these years.... is this person a serious person in Life? Please after this certificate brouhaha finishes, lets ask Dino how he got his money because I know except you were bequeathed some money from somewhere, dull and unsmart folks dont just make money like that from no where.grin grin grin grin

Not Dino's fan, but many Nigerians do not collect their certificates on time...especially when your statement of result is enough to get you a job.

I got jobs using just my statement of result for the first six years post graduation....even did a Masters using just that statement of result. I ended up collecting my certificate six years after graduating due to 1) delays from my university 2) I needed it to collect another professional certificate .
Re: Melaye Has Not Collected His Original Certificate From Ahmadu Bello University by Guyman02: 4:12pm On Mar 27, 2017
wellmax:
You have not collected your result yet you have 7 degrees.
Which result did you present to INEC?
Which result did you use for NYSC?
Which result did you present for the other ‘post-graduate’ degrees you allegedly posses or undergoing?

I am yet to collect my original certificate but I have a second degree. I submitted by Statement of Result and thats all they needed.
Too busy to bother so much about certificate, I have acquired other knowledge and like Dino I am not practicing in my field of study. So what else?
Re: Melaye Has Not Collected His Original Certificate From Ahmadu Bello University by dekazomotayo: 4:12pm On Mar 27, 2017
jcflex:

3rd class need go for PGD, before proceed for any PG program, as No nigerian Sch accept 3rd class for PG program,

But with candidate like Dino, na free entry, with FSLC self, you re guarantee admission grin grin
says who? 3rd class can go for master without pgd even in a reputable university i have one in unilag

1 Like

Re: Melaye Has Not Collected His Original Certificate From Ahmadu Bello University by OBAGADAFFI: 4:14pm On Mar 27, 2017
Elnino4ladies:

Stop lying

I graduated from federal university
I collected my certificate a year after graduation.

What year? that will be recent.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/116044-nigerian-universities-to-issue-certificates-on-graduation-day-minister.html
Re: Melaye Has Not Collected His Original Certificate From Ahmadu Bello University by mavinc4u(f): 4:14pm On Mar 27, 2017
wellmax:

After 17 years I expect him to have gone for his originals.

Let me be honest with you, there are people on this nairaland that have not collected theirs after 20 years or more. Once that person is comfortable where he or she is then he/ she does not bother about anything unless is needed or asked to be provided. People that always rushed to collect that are the ones still struggling grin

2 Likes

Re: Melaye Has Not Collected His Original Certificate From Ahmadu Bello University by icon8: 4:15pm On Mar 27, 2017
shevchenko:
Nigerians are too dumb for my likeing .You don't need a certificate when you graduate .You only need a transcripts .You only need a certificate if its asked for .Your statement of result can be used instead .
Getting a certificate requires clearance from library ,department ,bursary just to show you didn't owe any money while schooling .Nigerians are illiterates

The bolded is not true. Statements of results have validity, typically one year - and are never a permanent substitute for certificates, just temporary, while the certificates are being produced and endorsed.
Re: Melaye Has Not Collected His Original Certificate From Ahmadu Bello University by icon8: 4:17pm On Mar 27, 2017
mavinc4u:

Let me be honest with you, there are people on this nairaland that have not collected theirs after 20 years or more. Once that person is comfortable where he or she is then he/ she does not bother about anything unless is needed or asked to be provided. People that always rushed to collect that are the ones still struggling grin

Even when the certificate is required by INEC during nomination of candidates for electoral positions?
Re: Melaye Has Not Collected His Original Certificate From Ahmadu Bello University by OBAGADAFFI: 4:18pm On Mar 27, 2017
nigerian-universities-churning-graduates-without-certificates

http://leadership.ng/news/380440/nigerian-universities-churning-graduates-without-certificates

here is no doubt that Nigerian universities and polytechnics graduate thousands of ftudents from their various institutions every year. But the problem remains that many after graduation, these graduates are not able to obtain their original certificates from their Alma matter, due to one reason or the other. DAVID ADUGE-ANI (Abuja), JOSHUA DADA, (Osogbo), ACHOR ABIMAJE (Jos), MATTHIAS NWOGU (Umuahia), NNAMDI MBAWIKE (Enugu), GBENGA ADEBOYE (Abeokuta), TAIWO OGUNMOLA OMILANI (Lagos) and TOPE FAYEHUN (Akure) report that many of these reasons are attributable to unnecessary delays from the institutions concerned.

.......Peter Adoga, a computer science graduate from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, Enugu State faced an even worse experience. He graduated in 2002 and before proceeding for his NYSC in 200[/b]3, he had obtained his statement of result from the institution, after being cleared by all the relevant departments in the school. For instance, the department of students’ affairs had cleared him that he did not owe any accommodation fees before his graduation. The library department as well as administration department did the same before his youth service year.

However, 10 years after NYSC, his original degree certificate is still not ready. “I was in the school in October, last year (2013) to collect my original degree certificate, but I was told that the certificate has not been signed by the vice chancellor, therefore it is not ready. I was told to come back in two months’ time.
Re: Melaye Has Not Collected His Original Certificate From Ahmadu Bello University by Acetyl(m): 4:19pm On Mar 27, 2017
Detolanny:

@Acetyl, I beg to disagree. I was denied admission into UNIBEN in 2004 all because my WAEC certificate wasn't ready by then (The SSCE exam was written in year 2000). All my pleas to the admission officers at the Faculty of Social Sciences fell on deaf ears. I was turned down despite having the WAEC printout containing the names and grades of other students I wrote the exam with. UNIBEN's stance then was that, once your exam date is three (3) years+, Statement of Results or anything else apart from a Certificate will not be honoured. So I strongly believe Dino Melaye has a whole lot of cases to provide answers to.
Then I will say it depend on school or better still maybe they are yet to commence internet checking of SSCE back then.
Re: Melaye Has Not Collected His Original Certificate From Ahmadu Bello University by icon8: 4:19pm On Mar 27, 2017
Guyman02:

I am yet to collect my original certificate but I have a second degree. I submitted by Statement of Result and thats all they needed.
Too busy to bother so much about certificate, I have acquired other knowledge and like Dino I am not practicing in my field of study. So what else?

Have you contested an elective position in Nigeria before? If so, what certificate did you submit to INEC?
Re: Melaye Has Not Collected His Original Certificate From Ahmadu Bello University by Elnino4ladies: 4:20pm On Mar 27, 2017
Re: Melaye Has Not Collected His Original Certificate From Ahmadu Bello University by xjiggy: 4:20pm On Mar 27, 2017
CliffordOrji:
We Igbos support Senator Dino Melaye. How I wish Senator Dino Melaye can rule us in Igboland. Infact Dino Melaye must rule us in Igboland in Jesus name. Dino Melaye is greater than all Igbo men both dead and alive

Dino Melaye is greater than ojukwu.
Dino Melaye is greater than chinua achebe
Dino Melaye is greater than nnamdi azikiwe
Dino Melaye is greater than nnamdi kanu
I no be Ibo ooo, but e no go better for you.

1 Like

Re: Melaye Has Not Collected His Original Certificate From Ahmadu Bello University by Onyeoguego: 4:21pm On Mar 27, 2017
Okuda:

yet to collect certificate all these years.... is this person a serious person in Life? Please after this certificate brouhaha finishes, lets ask Dino how he got his money because I know except you were bequeathed some money from somewhere, dull and unsmart folks dont just make money like that from no where.grin grin grin grin
Hahahaha

Money better pass paper.
Re: Melaye Has Not Collected His Original Certificate From Ahmadu Bello University by babooshka: 4:22pm On Mar 27, 2017
shevchenko:
Nigerians are too dumb for my likeing .You don't need a certificate when you graduate .You only need a transcripts .You only need a certificate if its asked for .Your statement of result can be used instead .
Getting a certificate requires clearance from library ,department ,bursary just to show you didn't owe any money while schooling .Nigerians are illiterates
did u actually read this b4 posting? How can u not need a certificate? Nysc requires u 2 show ur certificate, as do oda organisations. U actually av d nerve 2 say ppl asking 4 his certificate r dumb. O ga ooo
Re: Melaye Has Not Collected His Original Certificate From Ahmadu Bello University by OBAGADAFFI: 4:24pm On Mar 27, 2017
Elnino4ladies:

I graduated 2014
Got my cert in 2015

2014 is still recent.

That is why i posted the link below from the minister. January 19, 2013 Premium Times

The Education Minister stated this in Lagos on Saturday.
The Minister of Education, Ruquayyatu Rufa’I, said on Saturday that her ministry is determined to ensure that universities across the country issue certificates to their graduates on the day of convocation.

Many Nigerian Universities only issue certificates to graduates after five or more years of leaving the school, with many only providing a temporary testimonial or statement of results.

The minister, who spoke at the second convocation of the National Open University of Nigeria in Lagos, said the practice is no longer acceptable to her ministry.

“We will no longer graduate students without issuance of certificates on the day of graduation,” she said. “It is worrisome to see our young men and women roaming the streets in search of jobs without their certificates.”
She congratulated the Open University management for issuing certificates to the graduating students at the convocation arena.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/116044-nigerian-universities-to-issue-certificates-on-graduation-day-minister.html
Re: Melaye Has Not Collected His Original Certificate From Ahmadu Bello University by Onyeoguego: 4:25pm On Mar 27, 2017
Psyrus:
When the hustle pays up who f#*cking needs certs?
hahaha

help me ask dem ooo

Nigerians are fools including nairalanders.
Re: Melaye Has Not Collected His Original Certificate From Ahmadu Bello University by Acidosis(m): 4:25pm On Mar 27, 2017
I graduated from uni about 5 years ago and I have not collected my original certificate as well.

There is a difference between original certificate and a statement of result.
Re: Melaye Has Not Collected His Original Certificate From Ahmadu Bello University by Bucacious: 4:25pm On Mar 27, 2017
shevchenko:

God bless u. I graduated from the university fifteen yes ago and I haven't collected my certificate either. I have worked in some federal govt parastatal with just my statement of result and NYSC cert
Re: Melaye Has Not Collected His Original Certificate From Ahmadu Bello University by mavinc4u(f): 4:25pm On Mar 27, 2017
icon8:

Even when the certificate is required by INEC during nomination of candidates for electoral positions?

This certificate have 3 categories

To whom it may concern .
Statement more like partial certificate.
Original certificate.

The 3 serves the same purpose, it all depends on which is being insisted on.
Re: Melaye Has Not Collected His Original Certificate From Ahmadu Bello University by Elnino4ladies: 4:26pm On Mar 27, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:

2014 is still recent.

That is why i posted the link below from the minister. January 19, 2013 Premium Times

The Education Minister stated this in Lagos on Saturday.
The Minister of Education, Ruquayyatu Rufa’I, said on Saturday that her ministry is determined to ensure that universities across the country issue certificates to their graduates on the day of convocation.

Many Nigerian Universities only issue certificates to graduates after five or more years of leaving the school, with many only providing a temporary testimonial or statement of results.

The minister, who spoke at the second convocation of the National Open University of Nigeria in Lagos, said the practice is no longer acceptable to her ministry.

“We will no longer graduate students without issuance of certificates on the day of graduation,” she said. “It is worrisome to see our young men and women roaming the streets in search of jobs without their certificates.”
She congratulated the Open University management for issuing certificates to the graduating students at the convocation arena.

You are right
Thanks for info
Re: Melaye Has Not Collected His Original Certificate From Ahmadu Bello University by gbishman: 4:27pm On Mar 27, 2017
Why are you guys so confused, the other day you guys were claiming that u were Jews now you want a Kogi man to rule u. Na wa o
Re: Melaye Has Not Collected His Original Certificate From Ahmadu Bello University by icon8: 4:27pm On Mar 27, 2017
Seventeen years is not same as six years!

Candidates in public elections are required to submit certified true copies of all certificates of claimed educational qualifications to the electoral body. In this case, I'm sure Dino claimed the following:

1. School Leaving Certificate
2. O'level Certificate (WASC/SSCE)
3. Bachelor's Degree
4. Master's Degree
5. Etc

My question is, what certificate did he provide (to INEC) to support his claim of having a Bachelor's degree?

9jakohai:

Not Dino's fan, but many Nigerians do not collect their certificates on time...especially when your statement of result is enough to get you a job.

I got jobs using just my statement of result for the first six years post graduation....even did a Masters using just that statement of result. I ended up collecting my certificate six years after graduating due to 1) delays from my university 2) I needed it to collect another professional certificate .
Re: Melaye Has Not Collected His Original Certificate From Ahmadu Bello University by bakila: 4:27pm On Mar 27, 2017
Eguaikide:
All you mumu wey dey here, you can use your certified true copy also known as ctc from your school to register anywhere and do anything both home and abroad! Your ctc from the school is even better than your discharge certificate which could be easily forged just like our brothers in the north do with one certificate to 500 people!
This is not CTC matter, he is not claiming that the original is lost or destroyed. He said he did not collect it. Why pay certification fees, when you can collect it with aplomb and dignity.
This matter get K-leg.
Re: Melaye Has Not Collected His Original Certificate From Ahmadu Bello University by Guyman02: 4:27pm On Mar 27, 2017
icon8:

Have you contested an elective position in Nigeria before? If so, what certificate did you submit to INEC?

You dont need more than Secondary School Certificate (number of credits does not even count) to contest for Senate or House in Nigeria.
Re: Melaye Has Not Collected His Original Certificate From Ahmadu Bello University by KMOS: 4:28pm On Mar 27, 2017
Okuda:

on point

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Peter Obi Contacted The Oba Of Lagos, But He Turned Him Down —Lagos LP Chairman / Chicago State University Says Tinubu Graduated From There In 1979 / 'Arrest Fani Kayode Now For Announcing Unofficial Results' - APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.