Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,228 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession (23436 Views)

2023: Why North Will Give Amaechi Ticket To Settle Igbo Agitation / The Prophesy Of NOSTRADAM Concerning BIAFRA / My Solemn Quoted Messages To FG Concerning Biafra:unity Is Not Uniformity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by ozoebuka1(m): 9:15pm On Mar 29, 2017
fratermathy:

So you can single me out for hate but not your kin who have been showing that in excess on this thread?

What I said is not a lie. Many Igbos voted GEJ simply because the opposite would mean a Hausa president.

That statement has nothing to do with hate whatsoever. In my state, many Urhobos voted for Ogboru and Ortega because the alternative is an Ika-Igbo governor. Was this statement also made as a result of Urhobo hate?
Your thread was intelligently written but when people started engaging you, I found that you are the type that assumes things and expects everyone to accept it.

That your post was intelligently written doesn't make it true. we have 3 major ethnic groups in Nigeria and if you actually reasoned before making your assumption that only 1% of the minority group supports biafra agitation, you would've known that it would seem a such.

igbo is the dominant and the most populous group among the ethnic groups that falls within biafra. thus, they are expected to stand at the forefront while others follow.

You are making it sound as if urhobo was never part of biafra ab initio. saying igbos should lure the minority group into supporting biafra is just like saying a father should remind his son he is his father so that the son could support him.

I've never heard any biafran agitator saying that any other ethnic group must join biafra whether the minority group likes it or not.

Nairaland is a faceless forum, any person could claim any ethnicity, so don't blame ipob people when they calls anyone that doesn't support biafra afonja, because I don't see any reason why any urhobo man will choose Nigeria over biafra if ever we get to that stage. You and I know that even some yorubas and hausas will choose biafra over Nigeria if they wouldn't be stigmatized for doing so.

forget the online rants about biafra, the current state of Nigeria is nothing to writ home about...the country is a threat to even it's citizens.

6 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by kingzizzy: 9:18pm On Mar 29, 2017
Bigdigpussylova:
why are u guys fighting over nothing? I would prefer to see a constructive and robust discussion on the need to restructure the country. i am an indigenous Biafran and a citizen of Nigeria. i want to see this country restructured as a confederation. every section of the country should develop itself and contribute to the national purse. the confederation should legislate on defence, foreign policies, immigration, aviation and space technology, marine and oceanology and few other sectors. the federating state could take charge of every other sectors like; education, agriculture, mining and commerce etc .

my humble opinion though. May God bless Ndi Biafra. God bless federal Republic of Nigeria.

Confederation, while a good thing, is never going to happen in Nigeria.

Confederation failed at Aburi, it failed at the 1998 constitutional conference and it failed at the 2014 conference. The truth is that the North will never allow confederation, which is just an extreme form of Regionalism. The North holds more than enough voting power to stop any move towards confederation or true federation at the national assembly.

There is no group in the SW/SE/SS that does not want true federalism and resource control.

All the ethnic groups in the so called 'SS' from Urohbo, Ibibio, Itsekiri, Ogoni are all clamouring for control of their resources. But the truth is that it will never happen in Nigeria which is why they turn to militancy. After a while of doing militancy, the militant leaders are bought off with billions/amnesty and the militancy dies away until the money run low and it starts again.

So in essence, anyone who has not started thinking about leaving Nigeria is someone who is not serious about resource control or true federalism.

When is comes to the issue of Biafra, just like Nigeria, the colonial masters once drew a map of what they want Nigeria to be. They then embarked on a military conquest of of the indigenous people and forced all of them together into their Nigerian colonial dream.

The difference with Biafra is that while the agitators have also drawn their own map of Biafra, which includes Delta state, nobody is about to go on any conquest or force anyone into any false union. Biafra at this time remains a proposal which the indigenous people must first validate. Biafra is Biafra and Nigeria is Nigeria. We need a referendum to separate the two.

The reason why this referendum should be even more important to all the minorities of Southern Nigeria is that they have never had the opportunity to officially say what or who they are, Nigerian or something else. The colonial masters did that for us all. So a referendum is not just about Biafra, it is also a golden opportunity for all those who love Nigeria to express their love with their vote.

How can someone say they dont want Biafra but when offered a refendum to make this official, they say they dont want that?

Its a bit like saying you dont want to listen to music but when given the Radio, you say dont want to turn it off.

A referendum should be conducted so that the Nigerians and Biafrans can be separated and everyone goes their way.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Fx55(m): 9:19pm On Mar 29, 2017
fratermathy:
Who gave IPOB or Igbos the right to speak for the tribes then? Igbo is not a minority tribe and is in no place to determine the future of minorities in the South.

If you need to take your Igboid groups, no problem but stop dragging other minorities into the equation. These are the same minorities that have come online, made statements, etc, that they are not interested in the Biafran project.

As for the oil.. You guys are no better. Leave us to fight our fight!

If you say what is here is bitterness, no problem grin.

The thread is achieving what it was intended for, which is to show the hypocrisy of the agitation and the nature of those behind it. No one has even attempted to address the issues. Instead they are causing more issues entirely.
I thought you were smart but you're seriously disappointing yourself. Who is dragging who into Biafra? That's a very dumb thing to say. Personally, I'm aware that there are plenty of minorities who are committed members of IPOB. I mean hardcore loyalists. Asari Dokubo is an Ijaw man and a publicly-proclaimed Biafran. He has his own loyalists, followers and supporters too. He has his own kith and kin who believe in his ideals and the struggle. These people have a voice too and they deserve to be heard. IPOB encourages and supports them to engage their kith and kin. That has always been the strategy.

For your information, I would personally kick against any attempts to include Urhobo, Itsekiri, Isoko, Edo and all other Biafra-hating ethnic nationalities. We can't afford to have such dissenting groups in our fold. That is tantamount to creating a monster similar to the one we're trying to destroy.

I saw one useless map that you posted earlier on. Please disregard that document. It won't fly. I have to be very blunt here.... Stop deceiving yourself that you're wanted in Biafra. That would be pure madness from whoever cooked up that idea. What exactly are you going to bring to the table? Oil? My goodness me!

11 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by fratermathy(m): 9:22pm On Mar 29, 2017
Fx55:
I thought you were smart but you're seriously disappointing yourself. Who is dragging who into Biafra? That's a very dumb thing to say. Personally, I'm aware that there are plenty of minorities who are committed members of IPOB. I mean hardcore loyalists. Asari Dokubo is an Ijaw man and a publicly-proclaimed Biafran. He has his own loyalists, followers and supporters too. He has his own kith and kin who believe in his ideals and the struggle. These people have a voice too and they deserve to be heard. IPOB encourages and supports them to engage their kith and kin. That has always been the strategy.

For your information, I would personally kick against any attempts to include Urhobo, Itsekiri, Isoko, Edo and all other Biafra-hating ethnic nationalities. We can't afford to have such dissenting groups in our fold. That is tantamount to creating a monster similar to the one we're trying to destroy.

I saw one useless map that you posted earlier on. Please disregard that document. It won't fly. I have to be very blunt here.... Stop deceiving yourself that you're wanted in Biafra. That would be pure madness from whoever cooked up that idea. What exactly are you going to bring to the table? Oil? My goodness me!

You have made sense. Next time, focus on the message, not the messenger.

Ndewoo!
Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by fratermathy(m): 9:27pm On Mar 29, 2017
ozoebuka1:
Your thread was intelligently written but when people started engaging you, I found that you are the type that assumes things and expects everyone to accept it.

That your post was intelligently written doesn't make it true. we have 3 major ethnic groups in Nigeria and if you actually reasoned before making your assumption that only 1% of the minority group supports biafra agitation, you would've known that it would seem a such.

igbo is the dominant and the most populous group among the ethnic groups that falls within biafra. thus, they are expected to stand at the forefront while others follow.

You are making it sound as if urhobo was never part of biafra ab initio. saying igbos should lure the minority group into supporting biafra is just like saying a father should remind his son he is his father so that the son could support him.

I've never heard any biafran agitator saying that any other ethnic group must join biafra whether the minority group likes it or not.

Nairaland is a faceless forum, any person could claim any ethnicity, so don't blame ipob people when they calls anyone that doesn't support biafra afonja, because I don't see any reason why any urhobo man will choose Nigeria over biafra if ever we get to that stage. You and I know that even some yorubas and hausas will choose biafra over Nigeria if they wouldn't be stigmatized for doing so.

forget the online rants about biafra, the current state of Nigeria is nothing to writ home about...the country is a threat to even it's citizens.

@bolded: Urhobo was NEVER part of Biafra anytime whether in the past, present or future.

I am a proud Nigerian and I hope and believe in this nation, no matter the vicissitudes we are facing now. We can't just abandon a cause because it is not working. As Biafran agitators, you know this better than anyone else.

But always remember that "Biafra bụ maka Igbo mbụ"! The minorities have their own struggles!

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Fx55(m): 9:34pm On Mar 29, 2017
fratermathy:

Ndewoo!
One of my best friends is an Urhobo man and he's not anything like yourself. He doesn't support Biafra and he also doesn't have the kind of anger, bile, pain, bitterness, hatred and Igbophobia you have all bottled up within your soul. You need to free yourself my brother.

On a serious note, folks like yourself should be the ones struggling to be a part of the Biafran project and not the other way round. Stop flattering yourself that you're important. Seriously you're not.

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by fratermathy(m): 9:35pm On Mar 29, 2017
kingzizzy:

Confederation failed at Aburi, it failed at the 1998 constitutional conference and it failed at the 2014 conference. The truth is that the North will never allow confederation, which is just an extreme form of Regionalism. The North holds more than enough voting power to stop any move towards confederation or true federation at the national assembly.

There is no group in the SW/SE/SS that does not want true federalism and resource control.

All the ethnic groups in the so called 'SS' from Urohbo, Ibibio, Itsekiri, Ogoni are all clamouring for control of their resources. But the truth is that it will never happen in Nigeria which is why they turn to militancy. After a while of doing militancy, the militant leaders are bought off with billions/amnesty and the militancy dies away until the money run low and it starts again.

So in essence, anyone who has not started thinking about leaving Nigeria is someone who is not serious about resource control or true federalism.

When is comes to the issue of Biafra, just like Nigeria, the colonial masters once drew a map of what they want Nigeria to be. They then embarked on a military conquest of of the indigenous people and forced all of them together into their Nigerian colonial dream.

The difference with Biafra is that while the agitators have also drawn their own map of Biafra, which includes Delta state, nobody is about to go on any conquest or force anyone into any false union. Biafra at this time remains a proposal which the indigenous people must first validate. Biafra is Biafra and Nigeria is Nigeria. We need a referendum to separate the two.

The reason why this referendum should be even more important to all the minorities of Southern Nigeria is that they have never had the opportunity to officially say what or who they are, Nigerian or something else. The colonial masters did that for us all. So a referendum is not just about Biafra, it is also a golden opportunity for all those who love Nigeria to express their love with their vote.

How can someone say they dont want Biafra but when offered a refendum to make this official, they say they dont want that?

Its a bit like saying you dont want to listen to music but when given the Radio, you say dont want to turn it off.

A referendum should be conducted so that the Nigerians and Biafrans can be separated and everyone goes their way.

When you say "Nigerians" and "Biafrans", who and who are you referring to.

All the people from minority groups I know either see themselves as Nigerians or see Nigeria as a failed project. Many want another nation but none ever considered Biafra as an alternative. You cannot leave one Nigeria and enter into a smaller one in the name of resource control.

As an Urhobo, which I speak primarily for, the Nigerian consciousness is very high. We see ourselves as nothing but Nigerians. We would die for Nigeria. All Urhobos know this. Never will you see an Urhobo speak in favour of secession and even the few that may do so have no sympathy with Biafra. United States of Urhobo is what they are projecting. While that seems to be at the infancy and possibly far from being birthed as a movement, Nigeria remains what we identify with.

We will have our resource control one day. We are not in an imprisonment. We have made our grievances known and we will assert ourselves more. The Igbo cause and plight are NOT the same with that of the minorities. Each with his own burden. Each should fight each's problems by themselves.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by fratermathy(m): 9:39pm On Mar 29, 2017
Fx55:
One of my best friends is an Urhobo man and he's not anything like yourself. He doesn't support Biafra and he also doesn't have the kind of anger, bile, pain, bitterness, hatred and Igbophobia you have all bottled up within your soul. You need to free yourself my brother.

On a serious note, folks like yourself should be the ones struggling to be a part of the Biafran project and not the other way round. Stop flattering yourself that you're important. Seriously you're not.

The Urhobo is not obsessed. This thread is a calculated move. I don't go about creating threads on Biafra.

I ask you in all honesty to show the "anger, bile, pain, bitterness, hatred and Igbophobia" that I have manifested on Nairaland. Let's start with this thread. Kindly quote any of my posts to substantiate your claim.

Do that against the background that your ilks, especially those with sympathy to IPOB, are one of the sets of people, universally acknowledged by all, to be filled with "anger, bile, pain, bitterness, hatred".

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by ozoebuka1(m): 9:45pm On Mar 29, 2017
fratermathy:

@bolded: Urhobo was NEVER part of Biafra anytime whether in the past, present or future.

I am a proud Nigerian and I hope and believe in this nation, no matter the vicissitudes we are facing now. We can't just abandon a cause because it is not working. As Biafran agitators, you know this better than anyone else.

But always remember that "Biafra bụ maka Igbo mbụ"! The minorities have their own struggles!
I am sure urhobo people were lured to support Nigeria when Nigeria was seeking it's independence from Britain?? Why can't you be fair and just in your judgement??

Yes, I believed in Nigeria, I prayed it gets better, I recited the unity in diversity fallacy, but I've decided to tell myself the truth.

You and I know that the agitation for biafra will never die out due to the way it was haphazardly handle after the war.

you will go with me that Christianity and Islam will never meet. They will always drag for supremacy in Nigeria.

Any patriotic individual will agree with me that Nigeria will never leave leave oil and diversify in other things because any Senator that gets to d top would like to cart away with his share of the oil money before it finishes.

people support biafra not because of hate but because of share patriotism. saying that biafra is any igbo cause does change the fact that progress will be d watchword... That igbos champion the cause doesn't make it unworthy.

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Fx55(m): 9:48pm On Mar 29, 2017
fratermathy:
The Urhobo is not obsessed. This thread is a calculated move. I don't go about creating threads on Biafra.

I ask you in all honesty to show the "anger, bile, pain, bitterness, hatred and Igbophobia" that I have manifested on Nairaland. Let's start with this thread. Kindly quote any of my posts to substantiate your claim.

Do that against the background that your ilks, especially those with sympathy to IPOB, are one of the sets of people, universally acknowledged by all, to be filled with "anger, bile, pain, bitterness, hatred".
What exactly is the purpose of this useless thread? To show your Urhobo clansmen that Biafrans hate you? Isn't that a pointer to the fact that this thread wasn't opened with an intention to engage in meaningful intellectual discourse but rather to propagate hate and division.

I'm saying it officially now on behalf of all Pro-Biafrans on this forum and elsewhere, that the Urhobo nation isn't a part of Biafra, has never been and most likely would never be a part of Biafra. Stop mastvrbating over a non-issue.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by realjoker(m): 9:48pm On Mar 29, 2017
fratermathy:

Bro let this thread die a natural death, liepod yoots are predictable they will soon meet their waterloo on this matter.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by fratermathy(m): 9:50pm On Mar 29, 2017
ozoebuka1:
I am sure urhobo people were lured to support Nigeria when Nigeria was seeking it's independence from Britain?? Why can't you be fair and just in your judgement??

Yes, I believed in Nigeria, I prayed it gets better, I recited the unity in diversity fallacy, but I've decided to tell myself the truth.

You and I know that the agitation for biafra will never die out due to the way it was haphazardly handle after the war.

you will go with me that Christianity and Islam will never meet. They will always drag for supremacy in Nigeria.

Any patriotic individual will agree with me that Nigeria will never leave leave oil and diversify in other things because any Senator that gets to d top would like to cart away with his share of the oil money before it finishes.

people support biafra not because of hate but because of share patriotism. saying that biafra is any igbo cause does change the fact that progress will be d watchword... That igbos champion the cause doesn't make it unworthy.

Biafra is a worthy cause. It is simply an Igbo cause and should remain so.

This is not a religious affair so don't bring religion into it. I am neither a Christian nor a Muslim.

Let's not waste our time arguing on this matter.

I stated my issues. You made your claims.

Everything is good.

Igbo amaka!
Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by fratermathy(m): 9:53pm On Mar 29, 2017
Fx55:
What exactly is the purpose of this useless thread? To show your Urhobo clansmen that Biafrans hate you? Isn't that a pointer to the fact that this thread wasn't opened with an intention to engage in meaningful intellectual discourse but rather to propagate hate and division.

I'm saying it officially now on behalf of all Pro-Biafrans on this forum and elsewhere, that the Urhobo nation isn't a part of Biafra, has never been and most likely would never be a part of Biafra. Stop mastvrbating over a non-issue.

Noted!
Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by paschu: 9:54pm On Mar 29, 2017
I sincerely think you are not paying attention to details. And that reminds me of what I told you in the other thread: there is something about you that "betrays inner biase".

For example, the following statement of yours is a BARE FACED LIE (or, at best, a baseless conjecture which you will NEVER be able to validate without a REFERENDUM) :

The addition of non-Igbo tribes in the South South. It is true that many of the minorities in the former Eastern Region were in the extinct Biafran republic but it must be emphasised that only a few of them commiserated with the cause. Currently, less than 1% of members of these ethnic minorities are sympathetic to the Biafran project.

Now, if you are truly information literate, you'd know that when a piece of content contains even a tiny bit of obvious error, the integrity of the entire piece automatically becomes questionable.

Thus, having been called out severally for the above error, I would expect a truly inteligent and intelectualy honest author to own up to it and CORRECT the error immediately. That's the only way to prove that your intention for creating this thread was geniune. Plus, doing so would have broken the ice of suspicion and woo your target audience into a more elaborate discussion.

Unfortunately, you refused to admit your error, which makes me to question your intention and wonder why you are supprised that virtually no one is taking your thread serious.

fratermathy:

Instead of addressing the salient points I have noted, you pasted the link to a video of random women agitating for Biafra. Was that the issue at hand?

You want to set an exam for yourself and pass it yourself abi?

I choose to ignore your attempts.

Convince us that minorities have asked for Biafra or a referendum via official statements as I have done to negate that view.

Its no news that Igbos protest everywhere and impersonate other tribes while doing so.

There's even a video online of an Igbo impersonating an Orogun person and calling for Buhari's head.

6 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by ozoebuka1(m): 9:56pm On Mar 29, 2017
fratermathy:

Biafra is a worthy cause. It is simply an Igbo cause and should remain so.

This is not a religious affair so don't bring religion into it. I am neither a Christian nor a Muslim.

Let's not waste our time arguing on this matter.

I stated my issues. You made your claims.

Everything is good.

Igbo amaka!
You are making a mountain out of molehill, brother. You don't have to kill yourself over issues that could be resolved amicably tru referendum...In your post, only few minorities supports biafra and I'm asking you...should we disregard the very few that supports biafra? Wouldn't it be better to ascertain your claims that it's actually a very few that supports biafra through referendum?

Ps: I'm more convinced that your problem is igbo and not biafra.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Fx55(m): 9:58pm On Mar 29, 2017
fratermathy:
Noted!
Please desist from littering the entire cyberspace with useless rants about how IPOB is dragging Urhobo into Biafra. Nobody has done that and rest assured, nobody will do that... Be it now, tomorrow or in the foreseeable future. The Urhobo destiny lies within the failed Nigerian state and shouldn't be attached to Biafra. We can always exist side by side as good neighbors.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by fratermathy(m): 10:01pm On Mar 29, 2017
Fx55:
Please desist from littering the entire cyberspace with useless rants about how IPOB is dragging Urhobo into Biafra. Nobody has done that and rest assured, nobody will do that... Be it now, tomorrow or in the foreseeable future. The Urhobo destiny lies within the failed Nigerian state and shouldn't be attached to Biafra. We can always exist side by side as good neighbors.

Noted.
Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by fratermathy(m): 10:04pm On Mar 29, 2017
ozoebuka1:
You are making a mountain out of molehill, brother. You don't have to kill yourself over issues that could be resolved amicably tru referendum...In your post, only few minorities supports biafra and I'm asking you...should we disregard the very few that supports biafra? Wouldn't it be better to ascertain your claims that it's actually a very few that supports biafra through referendum?

Ps: I'm more convinced that your problem is igbo and not biafra.

The very few that support Biafra have every right to do so but I'm sure they do on a personal level.

I can go out tomorrow and protest for Biafra but that doesn't mean that Urhobo nation has joined the protest.

We didn't ask for a referendum either so you can keep it to Igboid groups alone.

If you think I have a problem with Igbo, it's okay. I think you have a problem with the minorities too.
Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by fratermathy(m): 10:05pm On Mar 29, 2017
paschu:
I sincerelly think you are not paying attention to details. And that reminds me what I told you in the other thread: there is something about you that "betrays inner biase".

For example, the following statement of yours is a BARE FACED LIE (or, at best, a baselesd conjecture which you will NEVER be able to validate without a REFERENDUM) :

Now, if you are truly information literate, you'd know that when a piece of content contains even a tiny bit of obvious error, the integrity of the entire piece automatically becomes questionable.

Thus, having been called out severally for the above error, I would expect a trully intelligent and intellectuany honest author to own up to it and CORRECT the error immediately. That's the only way to prove that your intention for creating this thread was geniune. Plus, doing so would have broken the ice of suspicion and woo your target audience into a more elaborate discussion.

Unfortunately, you refused to admit your error, which makes me to question your intention and wonder why you are supprised that virtually no one is taking your thread serious.

Seriously, the aim of this thread has been achieved. The intended audience has gotten the message.

Don't work yourself too much.
Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Fx55(m): 10:10pm On Mar 29, 2017
fratermathy:
Noted.
I think it's time this mischievous thread is allowed to die a natural death. Funny how that low-life APC moderator has pushed it to the top of the Front Page.

It's been nice engaging you and I hope you'll honor me by telling your clansmen that nobody is dragging them into a project they're not part of and have never believed in.

Biafra stands for freedom, justice, fairness, equity and it's for those who share similar ideals and values.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by ozoebuka1(m): 10:16pm On Mar 29, 2017
fratermathy:

The very few that support Biafra have every right to do so but I'm sure they do on a personal level.

I can go out tomorrow and protest for Biafra but that doesn't mean that Urhobo nation has joined the protest.

We didn't ask for a referendum either so you can keep it to Igboid groups alone.

If you think I have a problem with Igbo, it's okay. I think you have a problem with the minorities too.
Stop generalizing for all urhobo people. You can say "i do not support biafra and I wouldn't want referendum to be conducted in urhobo land"...if u say that, No one would pick offence, but When you say "urhobo people doesn't support biafra and no referendum should be conducted in urhobo land (just because you an urhobo man)"... this statement is not only annoying, but also fallacious.

Your igbo hatred springing up and I'd advice you conceal it.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by khadaffi(m): 10:22pm On Mar 29, 2017
fratermathy:

They have not attempted to address the issues. They found a way to even drag Yoruba into the matter.

Another uploaded an irrelevant video of women shouting.

The others are acting like the number 3 point on my list.

As usual, they didn't disappoint me
Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by ConqueredWest: 10:26pm On Mar 29, 2017
kingzizzy:

Perfect

I wonder why the Op is scared of a referendum

That is why I suspect fratermathy is an Afonja

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by felicitywe(m): 10:30pm On Mar 29, 2017
fratermathy:

Ndewoo!
u v been schooled on d thread u created.I wonder why u Yorubas r so obssessed wt IPOB&Biafra agitatn.Mind u there r more Igbos who can speak &write Yoruba than Yorubas who can speak&write Igbo.But d Igbos will nt do dat.Changing ur identity will only enlighten u d more even as u rant on Nairaland dat we Ikweres,Ibibios,Efik,Ijaws,Anioma,Ngwas,Wawas,Onisha,Urhobo,Aro etc reject Biafra.Biafra is d struggle against imposition,tribalism&a failed state governed by ur ppl since 1966 till date.A lot of ppl posted intergrity text dat unmasked ur bias,hatred 4 d Biafrans.I believe u yorubas r worried bc ur ppl seems nt 2 believe in a course lk d Igbos do.Well e ma wori!

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Ikechu10: 10:31pm On Mar 29, 2017
Ngozi123:

Yes, we all noted how he shift the goalposts from talking about South-South minorities to just the Urhobo tribe after iSlayer2 posted that video. I guarantee you that he will expose himself in this thread if it's not closed soon.

That's because the dude is very likely a BMC or politician. Notice how he claimed that Urhobo hated Johanthan blah blah.

Last I checked, Johnthan won in delta state and last I checked, urhobo has the highest number of people therefore, if he's grandiose nonsense is accurate Buhari should have won in delta state.

In addition, notice how he claims igbo should not speak for other minorities yet he has been doing so throughout the entire page.
Called others who support biafra as "igbo or Halfie igbo."
Typical behavior.

I recall didn't they call Asari igbo, likewise Joseph Evans when they declared support for Biafra. Didn't they accuse igbo of writing the statement when ijaws apologized for fighting against biafra?

He even posted declaration from.politicians and screeching that's prove that minorities are against biafra. Last I checked, Okorocha and every SE governor have declared their state as non biafra. Hell obi of Onitsha even spoke against biafra. From his logic, even igbos are against biafra. Even onitsha, which hold the highest protest in general, have to be against biafra grin grin grin grin

Therefore I'm not shocked though. BMC/politicians got to eat.
The fact he's screeching "SS does not want referendum" speaks volume on how out of this world he truly is. He should go and cry to Aniok briggs, NDA, LNC leader...Agbeyegbe, etc. Last I checked it was the SS minorities that influenced IPOB move for referendum. He should go cry to them for influencing ipob and stop disturbing us.

9 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by ConqueredWest: 10:33pm On Mar 29, 2017
ozoebuka1:
Stop generalizing for all urhobo people. You can say "i do not support biafra and I wouldn't want referendum to be conducted in urhobo land"...if u say that, No one would pick offence, but When you say "urhobo people doesn't support biafra and no referendum should be conducted in urhobo land (just because you an urhobo man)"... this statement is not only annoying, but also fallacious.

Your igbo hatred springing up and I'd advice you conceal it.

God bless you

I wonder why he is scared of a referendum since he believes his people do not support Biafra

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by ConqueredWest: 10:36pm On Mar 29, 2017
Ikechu10:

That's because the dude is very likely a BMC or politician. Notice how he claimed that Urhobo hated Johanthan blah blah.

Last I checked, Johnthan won in delta state and last I checked, urhobo has the highest number of people therefore, if he's grandiose nonsense is accurate Buhari should have won in delta state.

In addition, notice how he claims igbo should not speak for other minorities yet he has been doing so throughout the entire page.
Called others who support biafra as "igbo or Halfie igbo."
Typical behavior.

I recall didn't they call Asari igbo, likewise Joseph Evans when they declared support for Biafra. Didn't they accuse igbo of writing the statement when ijaws apologized for fighting against biafra?

He even posted declaration from.politicians and screeching that's prove that minorities are against biafra. Last I checked, Okorocha and every SE governor have declared their state as non biafra. Hell obi of Onitsha even spoke against biafra. From his logic, even igbos are against biafra. Even onitsha, which hold the highest protest in general, have to be against biafra grin grin grin grin

Therefore I'm not shocked though. BMC/politicians got to eat.
The fact he's screeching "SS does not want referendum" speaks volume on how out of this world he truly is. He should go and cry to Aniok briggs, NDA, LNC leader...Agbeyegbe, etc. Last I checked it was the SS minorities that influenced IPOB move for referendum. He should go cry to them for influencing ipob and stop disturbing us.

Don't mind the Op

Referendum will hold in Urhobo land so that they can make it official that they love or hate Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by ConqueredWest: 10:37pm On Mar 29, 2017
Sanchez01:

What are you offering exactly? The Urhobo nation is not interested in Biafra. Extend your 'love' to other ethnic groups.

We all know why you guys are dying so hard to bringing in the Ijaws and Urhobos into this. And rather than pity the Urhobo nation, channel the strength into clamouring for your secession.

We don't want Biafra to be another zoo now, or do we?

Don't speak for other Urhobos, they will speak for themselves through a referendum

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Ikechu10: 10:39pm On Mar 29, 2017
Ngozi123:

My wish is that, should they accept a referendum, the non-Igbo groups choose to stay with Nigeria or form their own nation. That way, we won't have to deal with anti-Igbo sentiments in our new country. I don't understand why the op brought this up here as many of the staunch pro-Biafra Igbos on Nairaland do not want his people in our country. I've heard of some wanting Ibibio and Efik but not Urhobo. I'm happy to be proven wrong though undecided.

Exactomundo. Even Nnamdi Kanu is against urhobo, iteskiri and isoko or anything edo excluding Igbanke being part of Biafra. That's why you see most of the pro-biafra on NL do not want his people. The current move to include them is by the current leader whom Nnamdi left to supervise the radio. The person that even matters, aka Nnamdi Kanu and the two men currently facing charges with him, have always been against Delta south and Efo being part of Biafra.

Since I've been listening to the radio, the only groups that matters that aren't igbo and Nnamdi Kanu have always stated as biafra have been the Akwa ibom/CR groups, ijaws and the small portion of Igala and idoma people found in Anambra and Enugu state.

5 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by felicitywe(m): 10:40pm On Mar 29, 2017
ConqueredWest:

Perfect

I wonder why the Op is scared of a referendum

That is why I suspect fratermathy is an Afonja

u r right.He s been asked to prove his 1% but to no avial instead he s rantn left,right center.D Oduduwa map i saw on Nairaland included d minorities he mentioned&u witnessed d reaction frm dese ppl d day d map was exposed on d forum.Afonjas started hate speech but when d forum cud nt caution dem d Igbos took it on dem.D first word u learn in Afonja is hw 2 abuse,gossip&betral smone.It s nevr part of d Igbo society.Each day i study i marvelled at d inter ethnic harmony betwn d Igbos&othr ethnic grps b4 d coming of colonialism&d nigerian state unlk d war&classical betrayals in Afonja era.

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Nobody: 10:41pm On Mar 29, 2017
pazienza:
Same Shit, New toilet. Ana emenu!

Mr Fratermarthy, which Igbo man provoke you recently as to elicit this thread from you? Is our Igbo daughter from Asaba no longer treating you right? Has she broken your heart?

Hahahahaha. This opening statement na die!

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by ConqueredWest: 10:41pm On Mar 29, 2017
fratermathy:

Seriously, the aim of this thread has been achieved. The intended audience has gotten the message.

Don't work yourself too much.

You have been butchered.

You think we are illiterates

Referendum will stand in Urhobo land so that all Urhobos can express their view on Nigeria and Biafra.

If majority wants Nigeria, fine and good

If majority wants Biafra, fine and good

But take note, Referendum will hold

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

KWASAA Declares APC Campaign Slogan 'Hate Speech' In Kwara / I Helped El-rufai Submit Amina Zakari’s CV To Presidency – Odumakin / Nigerian Woman Attacks Buhari's Integrity (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.