Stats: 3,156,216 members, 7,829,359 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

I Resigned After Receiving My Salary: Help, Am I In Trouble? - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Resigned After Receiving My Salary: Help, Am I In Trouble? (71708 Views)

"Why I Resigned From N-Power": My Story and the Lessons (Photo) / How I Resigned From My #55,000 Job To Become Self Employed / Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Resigned After Receiving My Salary: Help, Am I In Trouble? by nams77: 3:38pm On Mar 31, 2017
I saw your message and was touched. The standard is that you give the organization a one month notice of resignation. Alternatively, you could have forfeit the one month salary but that is now possible because you have eaten it. Though it is not stated in your letter of appointment, banks(microfinance) Normally have rules and regulations book that includes code of dressing and mode of resignation among other things. As it stands, when next he called try to talk calmly to him and explain that you are not aware of such. Do this with an elderly person by your side. This wind will definitely blow over. He has no right to repossess your property. If he persist, which I doubt, then look for a pro Bono ( no fees lawyer) and take it up. Keep me Posted on your progress. Good luck

Re: I Resigned After Receiving My Salary: Help, Am I In Trouble? by stevecantrell: 3:39pm On Mar 31, 2017
Teensway:
I'm still a small boy sir, i got no lawyer.

Get a family member your bosses age to answer your phone when next he calls. Where's your dad btw ?

Lol ! ridiculous !

Re: I Resigned After Receiving My Salary: Help, Am I In Trouble? by Josephamstrong1(m): 3:40pm On Mar 31, 2017
daretodiffer:
Because you are in Nigeria, I think you should report to the police. Make sure you write a statement no matter the cost.

Hahaha... I like ds. Guess u r well tot.
Make ur statement wt the highest zonal police station in that city o.
Cos wen he don drop small money for ekelebe. U must nter cell o.
He ft charge you for assault and life threatening blablabla.
Ur saving grace is if uve made a statement wt the CPS.
Most employers can't just be a bone in the neck. Might even want to wicked and make u spend all ya life savings.
Op shudnt make trouble wt him. Keep calm and don't ever refund any money. He go tire. grin

Re: I Resigned After Receiving My Salary: Help, Am I In Trouble? by Eno38151: 3:40pm On Mar 31, 2017
Teensway:
Please NLders,

I'm still a teenager but through with my high school. So i decided to look for money and i got this job to work as supporting staff at a microfinance bank. I worked there for 4 months and stopped working Yesterday after receiving this month salary. I travelled today to register for jamb from my salary and when i got back home, my mum said my boss came looking for me that i must submit my resignation letter. I wrote the letter and gave it to him, he collected it and returned it telling me that i must return the salary. He said i should have given the company one month notice before i would have been eligible for my salary or else the company will come to our house and seize some property. I told him to show me where those terms were written in agreement i signed, he got angry and started calling me names and threatened me. Please what should i do, abeg help me.

NB: I left because of my boss(branch manager) and the remaining loan officer started asking me to do jobs that were not part of

Guy 1st things first NO SHOW THE GUY ANY FEAR.

STOP CALLING HIM SIR or using any term of respect.

STAY CALM EVEN IF HE THREATENS YOU (DONT THREATHEN HIM BACK),

DON'T ALLOW HIM TO SUMMON YOU TO HIS OFFICE AND TELL YOU NONSENSE. (YOU ARE NOT ANSWERABLE TO HIM)

GO TO THE VILLAGE HEAD, OR ANYBODY OF INFLUENCE IN YOUR AREA THAT WILL NOT TRY TO EXTORT YOU, AND PRESENT YOUR PROBLEM TO HIM.

AND DONT ALLOW HIM TO WALK INTO YOUR HOUSE AS IF HE OWNS THE PLACE.

Re: I Resigned After Receiving My Salary: Help, Am I In Trouble? by MadCow1: 3:41pm On Mar 31, 2017
Teensway:
no, can't find it there

Can you remove the names of the company and yourself and post the employment letter here.

Just because you can't see something in an agreement does not mean it's not there.
Re: I Resigned After Receiving My Salary: Help, Am I In Trouble? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Mar 31, 2017
Teensway:
I'll take that into consideration Sir. Thank you for the advice.

PM me if he distrubs you further.
Re: I Resigned After Receiving My Salary: Help, Am I In Trouble? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Mar 31, 2017
Eno38151:

Guy 1st things first NO SHOW THE GUY ANY FEAR.

STOP CALLING HIM SIR or using any term of respect.

STAY CALM EVEN IF HE THREATENS YOU (DONT THREATHEN HIM BACK),

DON'T ALLOW HIM TO SUMMON YOU TO HIS OFFICE AND TELL YOU NONSENSE. (YOU ARE NOT ANSWERABLE TO HIM)

GO TO THE VILLAGE HEAD, OR ANYBODY OF INFLUENCE IN YOUR AREA THAT WILL NOT TRY TO EXTORT YOU, AND PRESENT YOUR PROBLEM TO HIM.

AND DONT ALLOW HIM TO WALK INTO YOUR HOUSE AS IF HE OWNS THE PLACE.

I smiled when he threatened me.

Re: I Resigned After Receiving My Salary: Help, Am I In Trouble? by Dfavouredone: 3:43pm On Mar 31, 2017
thunderbabs:
See, if that ur boss doesnt rest his oars and keeps pesting you, just holla his name on social media

He will be accussed, judged, and sentenced, right here..Awa SAN of Social media

We got this, Nairalanders.

Exception: if only you didnt do anything bad before you left ooo

Gangster. grin

Social media justice, bringing justice to cases that would have otherwise be flush under the carpet.

Re: I Resigned After Receiving My Salary: Help, Am I In Trouble? by airminem(f): 3:45pm On Mar 31, 2017
You Play With True Dilluted With Lies My Guy.

You Said You Were A Supporting Staff Right? The You Had Employment Letter, So Means You Had Agree With The Terms Of Resignation Too. Please Return The Money Which I Feel Wont Be More Than Minimum Wage. Cia
Re: I Resigned After Receiving My Salary: Help, Am I In Trouble? by macphilip: 3:48pm On Mar 31, 2017
JustinSlayer69:

[b]This is one of the few sensible comments here.

ALL the jobs i have had, you have to give advance notice before quitting. Why? So that the company has ample time to find a replacement.

Quitting immediately after a salary is what probably pissed your boss off.

Check your terms of employment. If it's stated you have to give 1 month notice as is very common, you better quickly return the money before the man sues you.

All these nairaland Rambos won't help when sh1t hits the fan. Find out the legal ramifications of your actions from a lawyer - pro bono as it has been suggested.

LOL. it's so obvious plenty of guys here have never worked before or seen an employment contract gringringrin

Be careful how you play your cards. It's always better to end on an amicable note. If you ever need that man as a referee or you meet him higher on the ladder, it might be his turn to take his pound of flesh

Personal story. I once told a gal to fvck off when we had a quarrel... 2 years after I had to swallow my words when I wanted a job paying 6x my salary.

Moral of the story? Life is politics. You might badly need that man one day. Plead for his understanding even if you hate him secretly [/b]
Matured advice out of many responses!
Too many kids are viewing this thread
Re: I Resigned After Receiving My Salary: Help, Am I In Trouble? by olahbc: 3:48pm On Mar 31, 2017
anytime he come to your house to siz ur property dont talk anything just notice what he park then call my number i have a lawyer that is very good with such case my number 07033198837 even if he call u to treting u pick and record his voice flex on my brother u dont have problem
Re: I Resigned After Receiving My Salary: Help, Am I In Trouble? by donj84: 3:49pm On Mar 31, 2017
Teensway:
Please NLders,

I'm still a teenager but through with my high school. So i decided to look for money and i got this job to work as supporting staff at a microfinance bank. I worked there for 4 months and stopped working Yesterday after receiving this month salary. I travelled today to register for jamb from my salary and when i got back home, my mum said my boss came looking for me that i must submit my resignation letter. I wrote the letter and gave it to him, he collected it and returned it telling me that i must return the salary. He said i should have given the company one month notice before i would have been eligible for my salary or else the company will come to our house and seize some property. I told him to show me where those terms were written in agreement i signed, he got angry and started calling me names and threatened me. Please what should i do, abeg help me.

NB: I left because of my boss(branch manager) and the remaining loan officer started asking me to do jobs that were not part of
go tell your pastor of imam so they can talk to him the next time he comes to threaten you. if he come to seize your property, look for any law firm and they will fight for u,and they will charge him for damages and intimidation.if he even try it, know you have hammer because he will pay for damages and its not small money the lawyers will ask him to pay

Re: I Resigned After Receiving My Salary: Help, Am I In Trouble? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Mar 31, 2017
phynofino:
WHY YOU NO COMOT BEFORE YOU COLLECT SALARY? WICKED PEOPLE EVERYWHERE
If you're still a kid that happens to come across data, I will advise that you concentrate on your studies while you grow your sense of reasoning. But if you've grown already, then I'm afraid for your tomorrow.

Re: I Resigned After Receiving My Salary: Help, Am I In Trouble? by koolguy88(m): 3:50pm On Mar 31, 2017
your boss is right.
you are supposed to give the company 1 month notice to earn your salary or forfeit it, resign and go.

Children of nowadays no dey hear word!
Re: I Resigned After Receiving My Salary: Help, Am I In Trouble? by KAYD007(m): 3:51pm On Mar 31, 2017
airminem:
You Play With True Dilluted With Lies My Guy.

You Said You Were A Supporting Staff Right? The You Had Employment Letter, So Means You Had Agree With The Terms Of Resignation Too[i][/i].Please Return The Money Which I Feel Wont Be More Than Minimum Wage. Cia

seconded....instead of claiming victim
Re: I Resigned After Receiving My Salary: Help, Am I In Trouble? by jeje123(m): 3:54pm On Mar 31, 2017
Teensway:
I read it just now, nothing like giving one month notice before being entitled to what i worked for.
In a structured organization a month notification must be serve to either parties before termination or forfeit one month salary.
Re: I Resigned After Receiving My Salary: Help, Am I In Trouble? by LaconicINC: 3:56pm On Mar 31, 2017
Teensway:
Please NLders,

you worked in a microfinance bank?
Re: I Resigned After Receiving My Salary: Help, Am I In Trouble? by jaxxy(m): 3:57pm On Mar 31, 2017
Teensway:
Please NLders,

Is he the owner of d bank? So wats his problem. If it wasn't stated as a condition in ur employment letter than u have nothing to fear. Ur boss is on his own.
Re: I Resigned After Receiving My Salary: Help, Am I In Trouble? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Mar 31, 2017
LaconicINC:
you worked in a microfinance bank?
yes. ASIEA.
Re: I Resigned After Receiving My Salary: Help, Am I In Trouble? by charlove(m): 3:58pm On Mar 31, 2017
I guess u arnt in Lagos. He wouldn't try that with most employees in Lagos. People beat up their employers right in the office . As long as u didn't steal anything from him, or there wasn't any salary advance, he doesn't have anything to hold against you.
If he comes to seize anything, run straight to the police. He will be treated as a thief.
But go to any legal personnel for backup now, cos police bleeps up sometimes.

Re: I Resigned After Receiving My Salary: Help, Am I In Trouble? by sholeypra(m): 3:58pm On Mar 31, 2017
[quote author=MadCow1 post=55134995]

Can you remove the names of the company and yourself and post the employment letter here.

Just because you can't see something in an agreement does not mean it's not there.[/quote

I don't think it's necessary to see the content of the employment letter. Companies have policies documented in form of employees hand book where all the do's and don't are disclosed. All contract agreements can't be disclosed in the letter of appointment.
We all know Nigeria,even if your boss is wrong in some areas try to maintain peace with him.
Also,please try never to be rude to him and don't claim right....Wisdom is profitable to direct. #Bewise
Re: I Resigned After Receiving My Salary: Help, Am I In Trouble? by Legalaffairs(m): 3:59pm On Mar 31, 2017
In a sane clime your boss should be happy for you for the choice you made and treat your conduct as childish considering your age. Hence there was no terms specifying the method of termination by the parties in the contract of employment, there was a no need to fret. It should be a matter of courtesy to inform your employer on such development. But hope you don't have anything belonging to the company with you? Like ID card?

Good advice here

I think I buy this idea. Some organisations have written policies that guide them and it binds on every activity or staff of the workplace. If he demands a resignation letter, kindly write it and tender. That will save your head and promote your goodwill. You may still need him after now. All the terms of your company must not be imbedded in your Appointment Letter else it becomes an epistle. Goodluck.

But. Category of an employment determines the company policy that applies to him. What is applicable to confirmed employee may not be applicable to unconfirmed employee and casual workers.

Re: I Resigned After Receiving My Salary: Help, Am I In Trouble? by motocamara: 4:00pm On Mar 31, 2017
Call this number 09098846085 if you are in Lagos. They are human rights activists and will defend your rights. If your ex boss feels you've done something wrong, he can charge you to cut and pay the legal bills. Not for him to come and seize something from your house.
Re: I Resigned After Receiving My Salary: Help, Am I In Trouble? by israelmao(m): 4:01pm On Mar 31, 2017
Teensway:
Please NLders,

You have worked for the salary that he paid you so no point to entertain any fear.In order not to take any law into your hand,make a report at the nearest police station of the intrusion on your privacy and probably get a lawyer on standby just in case this harrassment continues.

Re: I Resigned After Receiving My Salary: Help, Am I In Trouble? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Mar 31, 2017
MadCow1:

Just because you can't see something in an agreement does not mean it's not there.

My nigga madcow1, master of the fine print cheesy

The former boss clearly has issues though, running to ops house like a repo man/debt collector on a power trip

Interestingly if you name the bank, the boss will almost definitely get into serious trouble. He has no business harassing staff on their homes.

Re: I Resigned After Receiving My Salary: Help, Am I In Trouble? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Mar 31, 2017
gqboyy:
Tell him next time he disturb u again u r going to beat his stupid ass up. Thank me later

I'll personally go with this but only if OP looks like this picture grin

Re: I Resigned After Receiving My Salary: Help, Am I In Trouble? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Mar 31, 2017
Legalaffairs:
In a sane clime your boss should be happy for you for the choice you made and treat your conduct as childish considering your age. Hence there was no terms specifying the method of termination by the parties in the contract of employment, there was a no need to fret. It should be a matter of courtesy to inform your employer on such development. But hope you don't have anything belonging to the company with you? Like ID card?

Good advice here

I think I buy this idea. Some organisations have written policies that guide them and it binds on every activity or staff of the workplace. If he demands a resignation letter, kindly write it and tender. That will save your head and promote your goodwill. You may still need him after now. All the terms of your company must not be imbedded in your Appointment Letter else it becomes an epistle. Goodluck.

But. Category of an employment determines the company policy that applies to him. What is applicable to confirmed employee may not be applicable to unconfirmed employee and casual workers.

I think that the horses have escaped the barn on that one grin
Re: I Resigned After Receiving My Salary: Help, Am I In Trouble? by alizma: 4:03pm On Mar 31, 2017
Teensway:
Please NLders,

where you given any appointment letter? if yes, check your appointment letter to see if it is written there. but if there was no appointment letter given, tell him to go to court and wait for you there so that you can make more money from him.
but next time make sure you give proper notice irrespective of whether it is stated on your appointment letter or not. as a young one, you have a long way to go and you may need some of the people you know now to get to your desired destination in life. hence, it is always good to leave on a good note. your boss may be offended when you drop your resignation letter but with time he will appreciate the fact that you give him/her notice so as to enable him/get someone to replace you. with this, u can meet him for favor in future or better still for employment when you have the required certificate to step up

Re: I Resigned After Receiving My Salary: Help, Am I In Trouble? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Mar 31, 2017
@LegalAffairs, i'm an unconfirmed staff sir.
Re: I Resigned After Receiving My Salary: Help, Am I In Trouble? by babaribaba4: 4:06pm On Mar 31, 2017
Hello, young man.
Your boss has no right to be looking for you, though you are suppose to give a notice before resigning your job, but you said as not a full staff so no need for that. You let your boss know that you know what your right is, since you are not employed as fulltime staff no obligation. Just relax and prepare well for your exam. Pls read very well your appointment letter.
If things go out of hand get back to me.
Re: I Resigned After Receiving My Salary: Help, Am I In Trouble? by darlenese(f): 4:06pm On Mar 31, 2017
Op nobody quits a job the way u have done , you acted like a child that u are , how can u quit a job without notifying ur employer, that doesnt speak well of you, pls do what is right , the world is a small place , u might cross his part someday ,

Re: I Resigned After Receiving My Salary: Help, Am I In Trouble? by xhamel88: 4:07pm On Mar 31, 2017
Call me (check my signature), i can assist you..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Woman Walks Around Unclad In Office To Boost Workers' Morale In Poland / First Class Graduates Work For Me - Lady With Third Class Result / Which Are The Highest Paying Parastatals And Companies In Nigeria?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82