Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,120 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:09 PM

Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration - NYSC (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration (58387 Views)

Corper Abu Bakr Bilyamin Receives N198,000 Instead Of N19,800 Monthly Allawee / Certificates Acquired During NYSC / What To Do During NYSC To Secure An Internship/job Afterwards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by malware: 7:32am On Apr 01, 2017
Keneeby:
Akwa ibom is peaceful, warm weather, serene environment and more jobs and business opportunities.

If you serve in Kano and open your eyes wide open, you will turn a business man, buying food items including animals from north to south. I know of people who came to serve in kano but turned out to be millionaires through this kind of business.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by malware: 7:34am On Apr 01, 2017
horexy:
OP, stop misleading pple with ur despicable lies. I wonder if u ar being paid to do this. I remember u created one thread on Kano some time ago. I will be passing out nxt week from Kano and I can categorically say Kano is not as hyped as u painted it.

Let pple choose Kano IF they want to...stop shouting 'Kano is ds, Kano is dt' upandan.

angry

Give us facts and stop blabbing.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by Elnida: 7:35am On Apr 01, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

The OP is painting an alluring picture of a welcoming and peaceful Kano

Yes its all fun and games until the Muslim fanatics instigated by the politicians shout "allah akbar" and cut off your head.

If you value your life steer clear of all northern states. Do your one year service in a peaceful state, get it over with, and get out of there.
Nigeria is too volatile to take blind risks because you want to take advantage of cheap cost of living.

A word is enough for the wise.

and where is that safe state again? angry
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by Elnida: 7:42am On Apr 01, 2017
Misterdhee1:

Can you please mention one single state in Nigeria that is peaceful in your own terms? Apart from this, how many cases of your supposed "head cutting" has taken place in Kano like you claimed? Let people who have experienced the place give reviews. Dont talk based on hearsay or 'i think'. It makes you look cheap.

Danger of a single story.. Chimamanda
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by malware: 7:46am On Apr 01, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

Excuse me sir.
I do not speak from hearsay.

I have lived and worked in Kano. I have stayed in Nassarawa GRA and Sabon Gari. I even had a government appointment after NYSC and was posted to Gwarzo.

The foreigners in Kano live in a state of siege.
The Ibo traders living in Sabon-gari sleep with one eye open.
They have armories where they store their weapons in preparation for the next crisis.

On friday the almajiris come out of nowhere and flood the city begging. Some people call them 'Kano choristers'.
God bless you if they decide to mob you

While it is true that there is violence everywhere in Nigeria, the violence in the North is unpredictable, sporadic and fueled by politics and religion.
People are killed for things they know nothing about and corpers are targets. Nobody will attack and kill you in Akwa-Ibom because somebody in a market somewhere insulted Jesus Christ.

If you are looking for examples of unprovoked Kano violence then you are certainly not a citizen of Nigeria or you have been hiding under a rock for a long while. A simple google search will reveal incidents of violence in Kano against settlers dating back to 1922.

You northerners (which I assume you to be) are so wearying. undecided angry

Poor you. What can you say about cult-related murders, ritual killings and armed robbery that are obtainable in your domain? An American war veteran just came to visit his people in one of your states and he had his throat sliced. Let me tell you, every blessed day people are being killed for cultism in your place, is that obtainable in Kano state?

Ritual killings where people have their heads and vital body parts chopped off, did you see that in Kano?

During your stay in Kano, did you witness any of the over exaggerated crisis?

Is it true that you can move freely in Kano state whether day or night without any fear of being kidnapped or robbed?

If you so much dislike my state like this, goto the popular bridge in Lagos state and do the needful, please.

3 Likes

Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by malware: 7:54am On Apr 01, 2017
graychuks:
As a proud kano Corper ....the Op has said it all ,apart from sharia in kano which doesn't really matter ,kano is home to cheap food ,fruits, etc the cost of leaving here is really cool compared to some other states ,this is coming from some one who is based in lag and understands the uselessness of 19800 .well I'm an A16 Corper and I'm happy I didn't redeploy ,what is the need of choosing a place you already know the outcome ,that really kills the fun in it, I'm a fruit lover ,and kano made me eat fruits like the likes of watermelon, guava,garden egg ,carbbage,carrot ,date ,cucumber etc to an extent it waste,in between i serve in a village ,kura. Local government to be precise ,one good thing I love about here is that all village ppa ,maintain and equip their lodge ,the rooms are shared one person to a room ,and trust me this is not obtainable in other states ,kano is home to various businesses such as clothing materials, spare parts ,agricultural products ,hides and skin ,gold etc .and the good news is the state has started paying corpers hopefully. Serving in kano has helped me remove and abstract bias of ethnicity ,religious and tribal bigotry..

N.B - Nysc is all about service to your fatherland ..make that a priority.. Wee!!!

Thank God this is coming from an eye witness, who was hitherto an ethnic bigot. But is so unfortunate that some people even after visiting the north they find ot difficult to do away with their ethnic and religious bigotry. Thanks man for enlightening others.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by Demmzy15(m): 8:05am On Apr 01, 2017
FriendNG, hope nothing will happen to me in 2018/2019(during election)? angry
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by isadoracheryl(f): 8:08am On Apr 01, 2017
What's your email address for those considering to serve in kano so that we can get in contact with you
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by malware: 8:12am On Apr 01, 2017
erayo2GCA:

shut up your mouth there, as if more than 100% Muslim are not doing it (fornication, adultery, indecent dressing, alcohol consumption, blasphemy) i have lived in the same compound with muslims from the north all they know how to do is to take Codeine, Rohypnol, Diazepan, Tramadol, crack, weed, excessive smoking of cigarette, hashish, fornication, womanizing and all sort of social vices just name it. i'm not talking about just 10 or 15 Muslims guys i'm talking about 200 and above because the compound is a 3 storey building with more than 45 apart (sitting room, living room, kitchen etc ) some of them can be up-to 16 person in one apartment, the girls covering themselves like masquerade is worse because they are all LovePeddler. if you like believe if you like don't, i have said my own. it what i saw in Accra and HNAUB

We're talking about kano but see where this dude takes us to grin Accra of all places. Some people can digress sha.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by ottalo1(m): 8:14am On Apr 01, 2017
mrphysics:

You nearly said it all. Still cut my hair N100, the same price I met it when I came. And these are stand barbing Saloon. Boreholes are everywhere. Kano is just the best for this recession. I thank God who didn't give me Akwa Ibom and Abuja that I was hoping for. My colleagues over there have been complaining. My classmate can't save money for calls. I always call him "poor Abuja Corper "
Boss don't compare abj and akwaibom with Kano interms of development they are not mate after your service what next, abj has better opportunity than Kano. Where I served 24hrs light with good water in abj free accommodation and I was retained my ppa paid me 40k it depends on your personal relationship with your ppa.
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by malware: 8:14am On Apr 01, 2017
thexzy:
you must turn-black by all means

I am a Kano man and I'm fairer than you think.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by FriendNG: 8:15am On Apr 01, 2017
Demmzy15:
FriendNG, hope nothing will happen to me in 2018/2019(during election)? angry

I can guarantee that to you. Even if a northerner should loose the election.
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by Maryam1234(f): 8:19am On Apr 01, 2017
Fundamentalist:
I can agree with most of the issues raised by OP except the issue of light . I actually served in kano, I left in 2014 and I know light is epileptic. It was even worse in the viilage were I served (albasu LGA) .
(remember you left in 2014) This is 2017,and you are not convinced things might have turnaround.Even in Zamfara state where I am,I can still beat my chest that living in the North side is bae.Happy new month.
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by malware: 8:24am On Apr 01, 2017
Mbediogu:

watch out for ppl shouting Allah Akbar especially after Friday mosque. if you don't, your head may be separated from your shoulders one day.

You are a brainwashed fella. Nothing can be done to revive you. Some guys think Muslims do other things than just praying two raka'ats during jumuat prayers which ordinarily lasts five minutes.

Well I won't blame you cos of your moniker, you're a confirmed flattino. Most flattinos get brainwashed about the north by pro-seccessionists in their domain but when they eventually visit the north, they cling to it and never return back home

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by BolaAdeyemo: 8:26am On Apr 01, 2017
what does it profit a man to enjoy "a pot of soup of N500" but lose his head to "Alluha akbar" chanting rag heads

pls,keep kano to yourself and your family,TANKIU,i dont want

3 Likes

Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by Nobody: 8:26am On Apr 01, 2017
malware:

Have you been to the two places? You better stop lying. I will agree with you if you say Kaduna is more social than Kano.
of course, in terms of social.
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by malware: 8:28am On Apr 01, 2017
mrphysics:

You live in a place people are running away from. You were happy you got posted to where igbos ND Yoruba came to do business right? they are using your Allowee to do business.
I am the CLO, gwale local government and I am telling you that the state government will start paying beginning with A2016, the schedule officers have submitted names and from the last info I got, the cheque has been signed

God bless the CLO, your reelection is unopposed and certain. Sustain the good work.
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by malware: 8:35am On Apr 01, 2017
Teespice:
I totally agree with this poster.

You resemble Bisola #BBN
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by joinnow: 8:35am On Apr 01, 2017
FriendNG:

If kano should remain idle, it will take Kaduna more than 20 years to match the infrastructure of Kano.

Stop comparing Kano with any northern state because people will laugh at you. There is nothing to write home about Kaduna when compared with Kano.

Unbelievable story even by the Kaduna indigenes who have been to Kano.

Be giving yourself hope.
Kaduna is an industrial center of Northern Nigeria, manufacturing products like textiles, machinery, steel, aluminum, petroleum products and bearings.
Nigeria Defend academy, NNPC, Aviation School, Police Academy, Nigeria Teacher College. Nigeria brewery,many many more.which One I can go on and on.
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by malware: 8:37am On Apr 01, 2017
whiteagbada:
I'll pick abuja and akwa ibom over Kano a million times

Your opinion and you're entitled to it a billion times.
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by dyangprof(m): 8:38am On Apr 01, 2017
serverconnect:
The same with Nasarawa state, pay N5k.

economicaly and relegiusly wise, nasarawa is d best.
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by Demmzy15(m): 8:46am On Apr 01, 2017
FriendNG:

I can guarantee that to you. Even if a northerner should loose the election.
Toh, I dey come be that. You're in Kano abi? angry angry
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by Nobody: 8:46am On Apr 01, 2017
destinysaid:
plz and plz Dnt lie that lie, check my profile, I frequent the south a lot, there was once an incident in delta state last 2 years were herdsmen destroyed some farms, believe u me, there was no provocation from any1, they just entered d farm, ate sweet maize and left, only to threatened the owners with death.
Trust our deltan bros to deal with the ish Warri style.

That aside, u paint it as though the violence in kano and other parts were caused by us, if an ijaw man in the north says fork Islam, why should it. The Igbo's, urhobo and any other ppl that get killed, the whole nexus of the ish is, weda we like it or not, the north is volatile and unstable, and that stems from the fluid nature of sharia law.

Peace, e go be.

I stand by my words, Fulanis dont attack anybody just like that, if they do, they would have razed the whole north already.

Just do whatever makes you comfortable. bye

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by malware: 8:47am On Apr 01, 2017
ICEFLAME419ja:

Op I know you ain't gonna be truthful but fellow nairalanders please can y'all mention 5 states in Nigeria that you can sleep and not wake up the following day? Kano is one of the state's in Nigeria that you can't see a white man walking freely without no police guards that's if there's any.

But why would they be moving with policemen? Fear of kidnapping or what? I think white men are more prone to attack, kidnapping in the south than in the North. Did you get that mama's boy who knows nothing apart from what mama tells him.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by FriendNG: 8:51am On Apr 01, 2017
joinnow:

Be giving yourself hope.
Kaduna is an industrial center of Northern Nigeria, manufacturing products like textiles, machinery, steel, aluminum, petroleum products and bearings.
Nigeria Defend academy, NNPC, Aviation School, Police Academy, Nigeria Teacher College. Nigeria brewery,many many more.which One I can go on and on.

Hahaha. The industries in Kaduna is not 1/30 of what kano has in Sharada industrial Area in kano.

Kaduna is centre of learning but let's see the few of what kano have in education.

1. Bayero University Kano
2. Nigerian Police Academy Kano
3. Nort-West University Kano
4. Kano University Of Science And Technology

Kano is the first Nigerian Northern State to established two state own universities.

5. Federal College Of Education Kano
6. Federal College Of Agricultural Produce
Technology
7. Federal College Of Education Bichi
8. Sa'adatu Rimi College Of Education Kano
9. Kano State Polytechnic
10. Muhammad Abdullahi Wase Polytechnic

11. Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital School Of
Nursing
12. Kano State School Of Nursing And Midwifery
13. School Of Post Basic Nursing Gezawa
14. School Of Nursing Danbatta
15. School Of Nursing Madobi
16. Health Technology Kano
17. Health Technology Bebeji
18. School Of Hygiene Kano

19. Aminu Kano school For Legal Studies
20. Informatics Institute Kano
21. Audu Bako School Of Agriculture

Kano is Nigeria's second most substantial metropolitan
domain after lagos comprising eight local
government as supercity with a total expanse of
499km2.

Tourism and Everything Kano has it.

https://www.nairaland.com/3416014/kano-nigerias-largest-state-second.

For pictures visit
https://www.nairaland.com/3348783/beautiful-city-kano
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by FriendNG: 8:52am On Apr 01, 2017
Demmzy15:
Toh, I dey come be that. You're in Kano abi? angry angry

Yeah I dey 4 kano but not studying in Kano.
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by xrenzy(m): 8:54am On Apr 01, 2017
mrphysics:
This might sound as a shock against the popular belief people have. Well, I will be passing out on Friday, 7th April, 2017. Having been in NYSC scheme for a year, I think I am in the best position to make my analysis. Well, so many persons believe that Abuja and Akwa Ibom state will be their first and second choice for NYSC, but the truth is that, Kano state is actually better than the duo state. Here are my humble submission.

State Allowance
Unlike what it used to be before, Akwa Ibom is no longer paying the N10,000 monthly allowance to corps members, same as Abuja, and hence there is no need going to these states. While N5,000 in Kano is equivalent to N20,000 in Abuja and Akwa Ibom, i wonder why anyone will not go for Kano. Kano state has started paying corps member, they started with this Batch A who are about to pass out. Hence, since N5000 in Kano is equivalent to N20,000 in Abuja and Akwa Ibom, choosing the two state is to live a life of no savings during the service year.

Place of Primary Assignment
If you are looking for a good place to be during your service year, then Kano state should be your first choice. With lots of industries using NYSC labour, Kano state has proven to absorb more corps members than most other states. As a commercial city, Kano has become a home to numerous corps members who have gotten a work or gotten themselves in different business while serving their country.

Cheap Food
Let's just say that, a sachet of water is still sold for N5 in Kano, a cup of beans sold for N40 in Kano, these prices is what you will never get in Abuja or Akwa Ibom. My colleagues serving in both states have been crying, that though some PPA's pays N10k, it becomes useless as the purchasing power of money is low in the two states. I still buy my tomatoes for N40, pepper N10, and Onions N10, these items will be in good quantity except if you are serving in Sabon gari where Igbo's and Yoruba's dominate for business purposes. Things are relatively cheap over here and there is no way your N19800, won't remain at the end of the month.

Security
For one year that I have been in Kano, I can tell you that we have enjoyed a peaceful atmosphere and everything has been going well. The NYSC officials has been great in the affairs of corps members. You are highly respected by the people for being a corps member and they regard and respect your security. Just go with your I.D card and you are always safe anywhere.

Development
So many persons who have not being to kano think that the city is not developed simply because it is located in the north. The reverse is the case. The truth is that, Kano is more developed than Akwa Ibom ( I have been to this state severally), Enugu, and other states. The infrastructural development in Kano beats that of kaduna, so feel free, you are coming to the biggest city in the North.

Light
Well, let me say that Kano State enjoy constant light. And it is even better when serving in the village. Some corps members do not pay for light, while others pay as low as N100. Unlike what is obtainable in Abuja and Akwa Ibom. My colleague in Akwa Ibom and Abuja always complain about light, though it may depend on which part of the state they are. But even if you stay in Kano village, just be assured that you will always have light.

From the above reasons, I urge 2017 batch A prospective corps members to avoid making mistakes their colleagues make by choosing Akwa Ibom or Abuja and end up crying on the long run. N19800 is too little to depend on, or even paying higher amount for nothing. You are choosing Abuja, can you afford the transportation? Abuja is not for N19800 corpers. You are choosing Akwa Ibom, can you feed yourself for a month with N19800 and still have a savings?.
If you finally make it to kano, and you are posted to the city, send me an email, I will link you up to a good PPA, especially those that would be posted to Gwale Local Government. Thanks and have a nice service year.

Dedicated to Pocohantas
yes o kano is a super best place 2 serve Karaye kusala dam camp over dope then move 2 sabon gari kano ghetto paradise with enough flexing mine was a super sweet experince ooo
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by malware: 8:56am On Apr 01, 2017
ottalo1:

Boss don't compare abj and akwaibom with Kano interms of development they are not mate after your service what next, abj has better opportunity than Kano. Where I served 24hrs light with good water in abj free accommodation and I was retained my ppa paid me 40k it depends on your personal relationship with your ppa.

Which place gave you free accommodation in Abuja? Even NNPC cannot give you that. But mention the place cos I also got retained after service in Abuja.. . But free acc. Mba.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by joinnow: 8:59am On Apr 01, 2017
FriendNG:

Hahaha. The industries in Kaduna is not 1/30 of what kano has in Sharada industrial Area in kano.

Kaduna is centre of learning but let's see the few of what kano have in education.

1. Bayero University Kano
2. Nigerian Police Academy Kano
3. Nort-West University Kano
4. Kano University Of Science And Technology

Kano is the first Nigerian Northern State to established two state own universities.

5. Federal College Of Education Kano
6. Federal College Of Agricultural Produce
Technology
7. Federal College Of Education Bichi
8. Sa'adatu Rimi College Of Education Kano
9. Kano State Polytechnic
10. Muhammad Abdullahi Wase Polytechnic

11. Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital School Of
Nursing
12. Kano State School Of Nursing And Midwifery
13. School Of Post Basic Nursing Gezawa
14. School Of Nursing Danbatta
15. School Of Nursing Madobi
16. Health Technology Kano
17. Health Technology Bebeji
18. School Of Hygiene Kano

19. Aminu Kano school For Legal Studies
20. Informatics Institute Kano
21. Audu Bako School Of Agriculture

Kano is Nigeria's second most substantial metropolitan
domain after lagos comprising eight local
government as supercity with a total expanse of
499km2.

Tourism and Everything Kano has it.

https://www.nairaland.com/3416014/kano-nigerias-largest-state-second.

For pictures visit
https://www.nairaland.com/3348783/beautiful-city-kano

Only ABU overshadowed all the above mention school.
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by FriendNG: 9:00am On Apr 01, 2017
joinnow:

Only ABU overshadowed all the above mention school.
E pain nam.
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by FriendNG: 9:01am On Apr 01, 2017

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

2 Ebonyi Corpers To Wed, Pre-wedding Photos Released / NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading / FG Increases NYSC Allowance To N49,800 - APC Newspaper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.